BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I must've missed this debate...

[Maine accent] Sounds like it was quite a 'Pissah' [/Maine accent]

if i send you guys brownies, will you make up?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sgtar15... i wish you would comment on my question.  or SOMEBODY for that matter.  :\  bah.

and who the fuck are you?

TXL
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No really... what happened to freedom of speech?  Why is it important to have a MONOLITHIC VIEW?  Is America monolithic?

First off, Freedom of Speach doesn't apply hear.

However, becoming TOO PC does.

The terrorist have oviously been successful in tearing us apart.

A country divide will not stand....

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No really... what happened to freedom of speech?  Why is it important to have a MONOLITHIC VIEW?  Is America monolithic?

Everyone here has freedom of speech, and can post anything they want.
If it violates the code of conduct however they are subject to having their thread removed, being temporarily or permanately banned.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Why hasn't this been deleted or locked?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
 While _Ugly_ has only been here a while, a few of my alter ego's will regret your leaving.  As stated before, hang up the moderator/staff hat and hang out as a regular joe.

You're good people
The Avila's are good people.
TheBeeKeeper can be Anal.

There's a difference of opinion on how this place should be run.  Don't lose any friends over something that trivial.

Best of luck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.dodos-israel.com/prodspics/Who%20Gives%20a%20Shit.300%203143.jpg

dude, don't be a tool.

Too late.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Selective enforcement of the Coc.  If someone they don't like is getting torn a new one the thread will run a while for sure.  Sad but true.  Plus it's got to be a bitch trying to mod this forum these days.

ETA yep..way too late.  I'm a total tool.  Nothing but Cock baby
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#10]
MM, I don't know you from atom, but it is a sad day when a Mod leaves. I'm sure you had your reasons. Good luck in whatever you do.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not sure what's behind all of this, but I wish all parties involved well. I happen to like MM and his posts very much and will hate to see him go. But I also like TBK1 and Ed as well. It's tough dealing with these internal squabbles when you like all the parties involved.

Therefore I'll just say good luck to everyone and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Very Interesting.............................

IBTL - Just for the post count
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought  we were all family.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#14]
These are very trying times. I'm looking forward to the election and Iraq being over (in the correct way).

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
MM, I don't know you from atom, but it is a sad day when a Mod leaves. I'm sure you had your reasons. Good luck in whatever you do.

Ditto that!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Well pre-ban exists for a reason... they serve a purpose and those who find the policies here too restrictive, you have paradise in the home of Ire and Grock.  However the rules are clear here, and if you don't feel its the place for you... I wish you well, but if you want to stay, abide by the rules.

And you're quite welome on www.pre-ban.com

HR,

Just because you are friends with the ASvila's and TBK1 does not make them infallable. Just as they're free to run their board as they see fit the membership is/should be free to bitch about it as THEY make the site, not the Avila's, not the Staff, not the Mods.

JMHO YMMV
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I thought so also.  Obviously, not.

Lots going on in the world, I am working witht he SwiftBoat Veterans pretty closely, and of course my regular stuff, I am seeing less and less here to spend my time on.

MM, you have always been a great help, and I appreciate it.

See ya around fellas.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Me too...but even family can piss you off sometimes. To bad it had to come to this, but you'll have days like this in aviation. Sorry to see anybody quit, but Mickey has to do what he thinks best for his situation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It's not a monolithic view. From parsing the discussions about this, Ed Sr. and Juan, and like-minded individuals here are trying to prevent this place from becoming a haven for 88s and their ilk. I have no love for the Towelhead Set, but outright hate is blinding. "Kill all the Arabs- wipe out the Moslems-" substitute the word Jew or Christian, and hear how moronic it sounds....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#21]
raf
The average Muslim believes whatever the local mullah tells him, including the date and time!  Now, the mullahs may not agree, and that is one weakness we must exploit to get them to tear themselves apart, inasmuch as possible.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#22]
tagged to see the lock justification.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not a monolithic view. From parsing the discussions about this, Ed Sr. and Juan, and like-minded individuals here are trying to prevent this place from becoming a haven for 88s and their ilk. I have no love for the Towelhead Set, but outright hate is blinding. "Kill all the Arabs- wipe out the Moslems-" substitute the word Jew or Christian, and hear how moronic it sounds....

Your account has been suspended. Please contact SR staff ASAP!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Why hasn't this been deleted or locked?

Because nobody here has broken the site code of conduct, that's why.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I don't know MM very well.  What little I do know, we got along fine.  I always figured he was a very positive adition to the site.  Still do.

However, I take exception to "drama queen" Goodbye! posts.  If you're gonna go, then say goodbye via IM and e-mail to a few good compadres, and head off.

I was surprised, no, dismayed, to see the very same sayonara post here in GD as well as in the Staff forum.  I think it's way undignified, and maybe a little grandstanding to post this sort of thing in GD when you're a Staff member.  Not that the membership doesn't have a right to know, just the way it was done.  Better to resign the position and stick around to answer questions as a member than to self-immolate and become an instant martyr.

I might be wrong, but I think this related to the recent spate of "kill 'em all" posts directed at Muslims, and MM's dislike of the site policy on such posts.

Here's my take:

I seriously doubt ALL Muslims want to kill us, and I take exception to those who would paint with too broad a brush.  It's not only simplistic, but such an attitude interferes with us seeing the reality of the situation.  Let's face it, there's 1.3 Bil of them.  Think they all agree on what time it is, let alone on killing us all?
Hey, if I'm wrong, I'll revise, but I don't think that likely.

In the meantime, I'll treat the "kill 'em all" posts just like the "all Southerners are rednecks" and "blacks are shiftless' posts.

Pure, bigoted BS.

Anyways, goodbye, MM.  And the best of luck to you.

To each his own. Think about how different the world would be with 1.3 billion less people in it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your account has been suspended. Please contact SR staff ASAP!

Oops! My bad. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest my armpits, offendi.....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Wow, this sucks.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought so also.  Obviously, not.

Lots going on in the world, I am working witht he SwiftBoat Veterans pretty closely, and of course my regular stuff, I am seeing less and less here to spend my time on.

MM, you have always been a great help, and I appreciate it.

See ya around fellas.

The world must be coming to an end because I actually agree with you. WTF.
Bob
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I understand the private website issue, however on a more moral, instead of legal, manner... how can one not be a hypocrite when he/she says he/she loves America and yet will denounce another's freedom to speak, even when it fully complies with the Conduct Code?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:32:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I don't know MM very well.  What little I do know, we got along fine.  I always figured he was a very positive adition to the site.  Still do.

However, I take exception to "drama queen" Goodbye! posts.  If you're gonna go, then say goodbye via IM and e-mail to a few good compadres, and head off.

I was surprised, no, dismayed, to see the very same sayonara post here in GD as well as in the Staff forum.  I think it's way undignified, and maybe a little grandstanding to post this sort of thing in GD when you're a Staff member.  Not that the membership doesn't have a right to know, just the way it was done.  Better to resign the position and stick around to answer questions as a member than to self-immolate and become an instant martyr.

Well, FWIW, I think it's a little undignified to cast aspersions at someone if they feel the need to explain their departure to everyone. There's a considerable difference between being a drama queen and setting things straight before moving on. Furthermore, the idea that the staff or mod forum is somehow more important that GD is precisely the attitude that has led to the dissolution of forums as large as this one. I've been in your shoes, and I've seen places (from the inside & out) with enormous traffic & membership wither. It's not about martyrdom, it's frustration over having to throw in the towel on something that was very very good.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Very Interesting.............................

IBTL - Just for the post count

+1

Don't even know where to start.......
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#33]

My God!  Some of you guys are just whiny little bitches.   So you can't say "kill all the muslims" or engage in outrageous bigotry----So what?  You can still get your point across without engaging in sweeping over the top statements.   You still have free speech folks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
So, then, ARFcom is no longer a Mickey Mouse operation?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, FWIW, I think it's a little undignified to cast aspersions at someone if they feel the need to explain their departure to everyone. There's a considerable difference between being a drama queen and setting things straight before moving on. Furthermore, the idea that the staff or mod forum is somehow more important that GD is precisely the attitude that has led to the dissolution of forums as large as this one. I've been in your shoes, and I've seen places (from the inside & out) with enormous traffic & membership wither. It's not about martyrdom, it's frustration over having to throw in the towel on something that was very very good.

+5
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I hope if I ever become a moderator or staff member, and have to leave, some troll will be here to post-whore-troll my parting thread up to 4 pages or so.

I know I won't be disappointed.

No kidding!!!  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My God!  Some of you guys are just whiny little bitches.   So you can't say "kill all the muslims" or engage in outrageous bigotry----So what?  You can still get your point across without engaging in sweeping over the top statements.   You still have free speech folks.

My point is geared towards the "monolithic" goal.  I do not understand how one can be both supporting America and supporting monolithic ideals instead of the mixture of desires and beliefs that makes America so interesting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:38:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Should have unbanned my other accounts before you resigned.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, MM, sorry about the hard feelings.

Now you can get back to being the member you couldn't be as staff.

On another note: heart attack!!??!!  

Nothing  is worth that!  Sor sorry to hear it.

Be well, and stick around.  You're just what the doctor ordered for this place.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Well pre-ban exists for a reason... they serve a purpose and those who find the policies here too restrictive, you have paradise in the home of Ire and Grock.  However the rules are clear here, and if you don't feel its the place for you... I wish you well, but if you want to stay, abide by the rules.

IMHO this site is becoming to PC.   1st Amendment now, 2nd later....
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#42]
MM,

I also have not read of your illness, I do hope you are on the road to recovery.

It saddens me that you feel hard done by, perhaps you are but, understand, I do not know the extent of the situation (or any of the situation for that matter).
I will say type, I have enjoyed your thoughts and experiences with which you have related to the board. There are always two sides to every saga but, generally, each does have some merit.
Having read many of your responses / posts over the past few years, I would tend to find the latter in your favour.
Do understand (which I am sure you are most aware), in every group, there is always a power struggle (it is human nature), whether it be three people or fifty-three. Some wish to climb to the top, even if it is of turd island.

Be safe in your endeavours.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To each his own. Think about how different the world would be with 1.3 billion less people in it.

Hmmm.....interesting point.

Of course, 1.3 Bil people might want a world without YOU.  Think that's right?

I don't tink the two situations are very comparable. The Islamists who are carrying out these attacks aren't doing so because they are defending themselves. They are doing it because they hate Jews and Christians. Those here who seek to wipe them out don't want to do so just because they are muslims. They only endorse killing them because they want to kill us. If they weren't trying to kill us, nobody would even mention Islam around here.

There's a big difference in what they hope to accomplish and what we hope to accomplish. We are concerned with defense, not religion. They on the other hand want to kill us just because they don't want to share the world with us. Again, there's no comparison.

I'm not saying I support the "kill em all" strategy, just trying to point out why some people feel the way they feel.

-CH
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
It's a sad day to see two sides that you consider both as friends, having animosity and bad feelings towards each other.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm.....interesting point.

Of course, 1.3 Bil people might want a world without YOU.  Think that's right?

I don't tink the two situations are very comparable. The Islamists who are carrying out these attacks aren't doing so because they are defending themselves. They are doing it because they hate Jews and Christians. Those here who seek to wipe them out don't want to do so just because they are muslims. They only endorse killing them because they want to kill us. If they weren't trying to kill us, nobody would even mention Islam around here.

There's a big difference in what they hope to accomplish and what we hope to accomplish. We are concerned with defense, not religion. They on the other hand want to kill us just because they don't want to share the world with us. Again, there's no comparison.

I'm not saying I support the "kill em all" strategy, just trying to point out why some people feel the way they feel.

-CH

Well said.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Mickey,

It's a bummer you're hangin' it up. I hope that doesn't keep you away from posting though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

When I first was asked to serve as a Mod on AR15 I was quite concerned that I avoid saying anything that unknowingly would give offense to Ed, a Cuban escapee or his son Juan, both of whom I had met and liked.  It has never been far from my mind as I had no desire to give offense to either of them in the matter.  

How ironic that it is now I who am highly offended.

. . . .Avilas.  . . . . TheBeeKeeper1
. . . . backchannel instructions from higher authority.  . . . .instructions have been to sanitize the site, make it prudish in regards to female parts and PC in dealing with a number of issues, eliminate dissent in order to lead to a monolithic appearance.
Several posts by Ed Sr. . . .
When it comes to the point that you are not proud of those with whom you are associated, when your respect for folks you have formerly held in high regard is damaged, you feel your efforts are not appreciated, then it is time to re-examine your involvement with those folks.  When you find that one or more of those people give you cause to hold them in contempt, you are ignored and cut off from the internal discussions surrounding your duties and you are expected to enforce regulations you believe to be MORALLY WRONG and against your own ethics of fair play, a major change becomes mandatory.

I can no longer, in good conscience, be a part of the leadership of Ar15,com.  I hereby resign as Staff and Mod effective immediately.

Oh yes, I met a couple of people at the 1st Black Rifle convention, and I caught a olfactory perception of
foreign nationalism. Can’t say I liked it.

People can be proud of the heritage. But when they become sensitive about it, it becomes boorish.
And when they insist on their multicultural views to the exclusion of other’s speech, then it becomes the cancer of political correctness.

Just because someone or a small cabal runs a web forum does not make them “right.” And if they take money or an appropriation from the public for in exchange for memberships, then what tc6969
Moderator wrote on  9/21/2004 9:57:21 PM:
----------------------------------------
This is a PRIVATE WEB SITE.
The people who OWN IT have established rules that govern the behavior of its MEMBERS who voluntarily joined and by joining accepted those rules.
-----------------------------------------

Is wrong. If you’re going to spout that high-minded cr@p, then tc6969, dig in your own #$% pocket and refund EVERYONE’S membership money and then it will again be a PRIVATE site for you and “the family.”

Otherwise, I’m betting the IRS considers it a BUSINESS and therefore it’s got public characteristics.
Nothing makes me madder than statements like that above. If you take you my money, then act like you took it. What a transparent misrepresentation.

MickeyMouse, I hardly knew ye. But I agree with you in all aspects.
Bless your honesty and courage.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Mickey, go and be well.  Take care of your health.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top