User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unsure of future firearms sales?
WTF does that mean?

If the administration decides to, by executive fiat, ban sales of ammunition and firearms... Well... I think shit will hit the fan.
View Quote

Well, as long as nobody stands in front of the TV while The Kardashians are on, nobody will get too worked up over it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:08:54 AM EDT
[#2]
How come nobody is paying $100 for a box of 5.56 I'm selling on GB?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
That's my guess................wait a month and then go back and it will be double the price

Quoted:
This makes no sense unless J&G hopes to sell it at a later date at an increased price. Unless the price of 7.62x39 actually goes up for other suppliers and the supply goes down enough that the price actually rises significantly this behavior doesn't even seem rational.

Alternate theory: After being involved in Fast and Furious JG doesn't want to take the remotest possibility of getting the government involved in their business and is extremely gun shy to the point of pulling product.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did I get the right stuff?
http://oi60.tinypic.com/msp008.jpg
View Quote

I have never seen ammo with a cigarette style tax stamp, can you post a pic of the stamp? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So does anyone actually know what the sanctions include?
View Quote

Yes.  The sanctions list is kept on the Treasury's website.  Full list
New additions to the list are also kept on the Treasury's site.  Additions on 7/29
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have never seen ammo with a cigarette style tax stamp, can you post a pic of the stamp? Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just the state tax stamp. 10¢ a box fee to pay for maintaining our public land and waterways.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:37:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's what they're offering today in the way of 7.62x39 ammo: http://www.jgsales.com/ammo-for-rifles-c-12_41.html
Not a round is Russian.

And in 5.56mm: http://www.jgsales.com/ammo-for-rifles-c-12_38.html
No inexpensive Russian here either!

No doubt they get first notification from alphabet soup because they are players.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:47:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's what they're offering today in the way of 7.62x39 ammo: http://www.jgsales.com/ammo-for-rifles-c-12_41.html
Not a round is Russian.

And in 5.56mm: http://www.jgsales.com/ammo-for-rifles-c-12_38.html
No inexpensive Russian here either!

No doubt they get first notification from alphabet soup because they are players.
View Quote

Which is why they pulled American made ammunition from the shelves too?  Sounds a lot more like the store was pulling stock/taking inventory/something a bit more mundane, OP asked a clerk a question, and he got a gun store employee answer for his trouble.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

New additions to the list are also kept on the Treasury's site.  Additions on 7/29
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize I could just read it, but does anyone know if Russian ammo companies are on it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:50:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Are we still in panic mode?  Still on my first cup of coffee and trying to plan my day accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a pair of commie ammo shooting guns.  Haven't touched off a round in either of them in oh, about 20 years.  

Panic.   Maybe in another 10.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are we still in panic mode?  Still on my first cup of coffee and trying to plan my day accordingly.
View Quote

I've decided not to panic.  There's other 7.62x39 ammo options that are not Russian.  Yeah, Russian ammo has been the bulk of what has been imported, but if the Russian ammo is cut off it'll open the door for other countries to step up or start production.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I realize I could just read it, but does anyone know if Russian ammo companies are on it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The adds at the bottom of the pdf look to be Chinese chemical companies and Russian shipping companies. No Russian ammo manufacturers stand out in my viewing anyway.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:01:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in the sanctions announced yesterday.

Kalashnikov is on the list. Not sure if they make ammunition.  The other arms related companies all seem to be concerned with arms, not small arms.  Tanks, missiles, warships, that kind of thing.

Edit: You can also do a search by country and program here.  The above information came from searching Russia and Ukraine countries for UKRAINE and UKRAINE2 related programs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Kalashnikov is on the list. Not sure if they make ammunition.  The other arms related companies all seem to be concerned with arms, not small arms.  Tanks, missiles, warships, that kind of thing.

Edit: You can also do a search by country and program here.  The above information came from searching Russia and Ukraine countries for UKRAINE and UKRAINE2 related programs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Just in case, I picked up a 500rd case of Wolf 7.62 123gr hollow points, Ukrainian made and a 500 Rd case of Wolf 7.62*54R for my PSL

I love SGAmmo!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:16:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:17:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just in case, I picked up a 500rd case of Wolf 7.62 123gr hollow points, Ukrainian made and a 500 Rd case of Wolf 7.62*54R for my PSL

I love SGAmmo!
View Quote

Whoa.  When did Wolf start offering 148gr 54r non-corrosive ammo?

I'm jealous now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#19]
The knuckle heads will take this crap as truth and go fucking crazy buying up everything. Artificial run on ammo. All bullshit. Some need to Google how sanctions work.

Do you even sanction comrade?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]
For Sale:

One round of Wolf 5.56 high power brick piercing death bullet

$100.00 each Discount break at 20 rounds.

Bulk buyers of over 100 rounds please call for pricing

Not available for sale in NYC, Ca.

Please check your local laws before ordering

Shipping will be $5.00 per round and mailed individually so they don't explode on shipping.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#21]
JG is making a calculated gamble.  

Pulling all the calibers potentially affected by sanctions would let them wait for the panic effect to push prices up so they could get the biggest bang from it.  Sorry.  Holding stock for a higher price.

I'd say we would be within reason to call that an asshole move, and behave accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Dang, Lucky Gunner is out of the .223 tula, I'm glad I bought a K last night

They still have 7.62x39 though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:40:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Has any of this insanity spread anywhere else?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:51:44 AM EDT
[#24]
sounds like that store is pulling a cheaper than dirt by withdrawing inventory to jack rates up at a later time and inducing a panic.

just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does not appear so. Some places legitimately sold out, like AIM, SG Ammo sold out and restocked the site, still listed at the same price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I am holding off judgement on J&G for a little more information.

These sanctions have a much larger affect than they may appear.  It is not just what country makes the ammo. It could be who supply's components to those counties thereby disrupting production. Who finances the production. Who ships them. Is the shipping company from a sanction nation and can no longer bring product into the U.S. It could be how J&G manages their inventory. We mostly think of inventory in a traditional manor like manufacturer sells to distributor who sells to retail outlet. In newer models it could be more of a consignment system where the ammo on the shelf still belongs to the manufacturer until it is sold, then a percentage of the sale is sent to the manufacturer. This might make a little less money for the retail store but then they would not have to have so much capitol tied up in inventory. In this case however, the inventory is still considered to be owned by the foreign nation company and has not transferred into US hands.

It could be they needed to determine what ammo came from where and if had "cleared customs" yet or not. Don't judge quite so fast.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like wherever/whoever this place is doesn't understand the sanctions.

Since they ALREADY OWNED the ammo PRIOR to the sanction FBHO regally implemented, they can STILL SELL IT.- they can't purchase NEW ammo to replace it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:48:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Since they ALREADY OWNED the ammo PRIOR to the sanction FBHO regally implemented, they can STILL SELL IT.- they can't purchase NEW ammo to replace it.
View Quote
They were obviously lying to customers. Now I feel silly for buying my two 1,000 round boxes.  Oh well, it should last I guess.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Right, a successful business enterprise doesn't understand something simple.  The likely story is they know their will be ammo shortage on all the imported Russian calibers, so they pull all ammo, wait for the panic to set in, and sell it for double what they had it previously listed for.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:54:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Right, a successful business enterprise doesn't understand something simple.  The likely story is they know their will be ammo shortage on all the imported Russian calibers, so they pull all ammo, wait for the panic to set in, and sell it for double what they had it previously listed for.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be my assumption as well.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. For the TL:DR crowd, don't shop at some place called J&G or something anymore
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You either Free Market Bro or you don't. Price fixing is for third world countries.

Gun people are by far the stingiest of the retail world. I don't get it. If it was gold instead of bullets, you all would say "good for them".
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I am amazed how little We The People know after all these generations of attending government schools; I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Some may want to turn in their Russian rifles and ammo to me right now before they get in trouble with the Executive Odors and receive a knock on their door at 4!

Here's a case in point: You can keep your AK-47, Treasury says

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Don't panic guys, it's still out there for good prices. Natchez has Wolf for $4.99 a box.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You either Free Market Bro or you don't. Price fixing is for third world countries.

Gun people are by far the stingiest of the retail world. I don't get it. If it was gold instead of bullets, you all would say "good for them".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's use your gold comparison.

Import of Silver from Russia gets banned.  In respond J&G Jewelers pulls all gold, regardless of origin, from their shelves.  You would say "good for them"?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:11:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All ammo sold in TN has a $0.10 stamp on the box.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

JG is making a calculated gamble.  

Pulling all the calibers potentially affected by sanctions would let them wait for the panic effect to push prices up so they could get the biggest bang from it.  Sorry.  Holding stock for a higher price.

I'd say we would be within reason to call that an asshole move, and behave accordingly.
View Quote

thats what I'm thinking
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought 2k of Tula .223. Hopefully the sanctions won't apply for ammo, but I like to be prepared
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#40]
....Not to bring up old shit, but in hopes that it doesn't come as we've seen before in past events like, non sporting pre 922r guns (90's,) barreled parts kits (00's,) cheap surplus norinco 7.62x39 (90s,) surplus 7.62x25mm Tokarev (00's), surplus 5.45x39 (2014,) any 22LR (derp)

I just wanted to come in and wish everyone luck that doesn't have or haven't bought cheap russian made ammo.  

i'm rooting for you!

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Maybe one day Russian ammunition will be collectible and I can sell it for a profit and buy American-made stuff cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#42]
" />
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Isn't most o fit Ukraine and not Russian anyway?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:12:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Import of Silver from Russia gets banned.  In respond J&G Jewelers pulls all gold, regardless of origin, from their shelves.  You would say "good for them"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would.  They can do whatever they want with their property...they have no obligation to offer it for sale at any given time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was not making a judgement; just agreeing that was what was happening.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:21:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Claiming compliance with the sanctions.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Sorry about the mess of a thread. I was posting from my phone on the road.

Ok I'm home, so here's the full story.

I was at J & G sales today in the hopes of picking up a new toy or two. While I was in the store, the employees were working quickly to box up and cart off almost every box of ammo on the shelves. When I asked about purchasing some ammo, I was told that due to the sanctions and other uncertainties in the market, all ammunition was being pulled from the shelves and could not be sold.

There seemed to be some confusion about what was to be pulled, but it was very clear that it was not just Russian import ammo. They repeatedly talked about pulling all ammo that had other manufacturers making the same caliber (example: wolf makes .223, so all .223 must be pulled regardless of the origin.)

They wouldn't sell me anything ammo related, and were unsure of the future of firearms sales. I left after that.
View Quote
not familiar with &
J&g, could they be boxing it up to hold for peak pricing once the supply starts drying up?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Now waiting for Sig to release the 556R-XI for my ammo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How are they burning the gun community?  Because they decided not to sell some of their inventory right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, so let's say tomorrow they confirm sanctions that stop import of all Russian ammo.

What percentage of the US market is made up of Russian ammo?

If they make up 10-20% of the market and they drop out then how does it affect the rest of the market?

How much do prices on everything else go up?

Today there might be steel case at WM or Academy but what about two weeks from now?

Seems like J&G thinks it is going to make more money if they sit on their current stock for a few days. The question then becomes what happens to long term sales if they burn the gun community?

How are they burning the gun community?  Because they decided not to sell some of their inventory right now?

If they are holding it back and raising prices it WILL be viewed by many as gauging.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#49]
"We're pulling this down now so it doesn't sell before sanctions allow us to triple the price"

JMHO
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I bought 2k of Golden Tiger FMJ and 2,160rd of Romanian Red Army Standard FMJ just in case. I also had an empty shelf.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top