Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
BOO HOO< all you Sally's.

NONE of you can tell me that any of you have NEVER driven slightly impaired or at least DRUNK.

Must be nice to be perfect.

h
What the hell is up with all these drunk-driving defendants?

Take it easy, Flanders.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:34:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I aint gonna rant about it, and I wont judge you about it either.  I have already lost two friends to drinking and driving maybe their stories will remind you of what you are doing when you turn the key on.  Both of them were just over .08, one of them, Ben was also tired from a party he had been at at night.  The party was about 2 miles from his home.  He thought he'd just sleep it off there. He never made it, Ben ran into a tree a half a mile from home.  He died with the steering column of his truck shoved through his chest.  The property owner who ran out to help him said that Ben couldnt scream or cry for help, he just was trapped there till he died a half a mile from home.  The funeral home had to put a piece of plywood on his chest so the hole would not be evident.  Ben Silva was just 19 years old and ready to graduate high school.

Kim was a wild man.  I worked with him driving truck for about a year up until his death.  On the rare occasions I would have to take his truck out I'd find ladies panties in the floor board and other shit like that.  Kim and his girlfriend had been at the bar and had driven home.  Kims girlfriend was drunker than Kim from the BAC from the autopsy.  I think Kim must have been tired, and thats why he didnt drive.  Well Kims girlfriend lost control of her car and they went off a cliff.  Kim died on impact.

Both of them died a stupid pointless death, but fortunately they did not kill anyone else.
Just think about your loved ones, I am sure they want you here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NONE of you can tell me that any of you have NEVER driven slightly impaired or at least DRUNK.

I've never driven drunk or even with any alcohol in my system. Sensible men just don't do that sort of thing. And Christ, I'm not even a very sensible chap and still I don't!

What the hell is up with all these drunk-driving defendants?

Take it easy, Flanders.

Yeah, because endangering the lives of innocent people for no good reason is so fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not perfect, but I got my lesson with two dead friends.  I did not even get my drivers license till I was 20.  I'm happy to say THIS Sally has not driven drunk.  Something tells me you need to be doing some soul searching too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#5]
He must have been at the end of his shift.

If I were the officer, I would have busted your ass and took the overtime.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted for the record.  This is going to get ugly.  Glad you didn't get a DUI or kill somebody.

I wouldn't have killed anybody.  If I can still type out a grammatically correct post, I'm not drunk enough to kill someone...

I was drunk enough to get a DUI, but not drunk enough to cause an accident.  There's a HUGE difference.

Yeah, to make all the rationizations you did, you are plenty drunk to kill someone.

You know you've been drinking, yet you are driving 20 over.

How does following someone else keep you from crashing?

A lot of the people that kill/die in drunk driving crashes in WI are people without prior DUI's that are .08 or just a little over.

If you were only going 1/4 mile, what in God's name kept you from calling a cab? walking? getting a lift from your buddy?

That's right your huge case of stupidity.

You know ya done fucked up when OLY and I agree on something.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:47:57 AM EDT
[#7]
WTF, you all immune to DD?

Must be perfect to live that Icelandic lifestyle, with all those herrings and  tanning beds to suck on every day?

At least it's AN EVERYDAY thing here in the states. We HATE it, but choose to accept it-hence millions of travelers everyday. Don't see us crying on a foreign board about it
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted for the record.  This is going to get ugly.  Glad you didn't get a DUI or kill somebody.

I wouldn't have killed anybody.  If I can still type out a grammatically correct post, I'm not drunk enough to kill someone...

I was drunk enough to get a DUI, but not drunk enough to cause an accident.  There's a HUGE difference.

Yeah, to make all the rationizations you did, you are plenty drunk to kill someone.

You know you've been drinking, yet you are driving 20 over.

How does following someone else keep you from crashing?

A lot of the people that kill/die in drunk driving crashes in WI are people without prior DUI's that are .08 or just a little over.

If you were only going 1/4 mile, what in God's name kept you from calling a cab? walking? getting a lift from your buddy?

That's right your huge case of stupidity.

Just since it hasn't been addressed, he said his buddy lives 1/4 mile away from him but they were driving home from the bar. When he got pulled over, he happened to be only 1/4 mile away from home. No driving distance is specified for the ride from the bar to home.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:54:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Do you drink and drive?
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't, and it is.

Yeah, right!

I'm not perfect, but I really have never driven a vehicle even remotely impaired with alcohol.

Your disbelief that this can happen is silly.

Reminds me of my boss who seems to enjoy telling people that she has "never known a single person who went to college and didn't try marijuana at some point".

Twice I've been sitting nearby when she told someone that, and I raised my hand and said, "Yes you do, I've never tried it in my life."

She just waved me off and said, "I don't believe you." I'd insist that I was telling the truth but she'd continue to deny it and blow me off. I told her it's pretty easy to keep that streak of hers going if she never believes anyone who tells her otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 3:57:39 AM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

h
Never hurt anybody.

Anybody that says they haven't is a LIAR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you drink and drive?

As much as I can.

Never hurt anybody.

Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:13:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you drink and drive?

As much as I can.

Never hurt anybody.

I give up.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:15:55 AM EDT
[#14]
0 to 60 in a quarter mile?  You were fucking street racing, drunk.

Sorry bro, there is no positivie spin you can put on it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

0 to 60 in a quarter mile is street racing?  My car gets to 111 mph in a quarter mile.  Now that's street racing.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

0 to 60 in a quarter mile is street racing?  My car gets to 111 mph in a quarter mile.  Now that's street racing.  

The average car doesn't get to 111mph in the quarter mile.  I bet you don't race while drunk though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:40:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The average car doesn't get to 111mph in the quarter mile.  I bet you don't race while drunk though.

No I don't.  Won't drive if I have had more than a beer.  

Think OP is an idiot for doing it and even dumber for posting about it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Re-read the OP. His buddy lives 1/4 mile away from him. He was following his buddy home from the club. He just so happened to get stopped 1/4 mile away from home. He doesn't say how long the drive was from the club to home, only that it was "open interstate".

Not that it makes what he did any better, but I don't think he was street racing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice to see the Oficer gave you a break. I am not self rightious enough to give you the Thank God you didn't kill someone you evil Drunk Driver.
Bravo for the officer and your a lucky man, enjoy the moment cause he will see you again.

Reminds me of the old days.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Wait till you find out what SR22 insurance is going to cost you, along with the fines and restitution after your next stop.  You did a very ridiculously stupid thing, and it will be made clear to you in this thread.  If your buddy was sober why didn't you get a ride with him and pick up your car the next morning?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:23:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone who drinks then drives is an asshole.

Everyone thinks they are fine to drive, no matter how drunk they are.  

I knew a guy who got drunk, rolled a rental car off the freeway, 1/4 mile from home.  He said he was fine to drive.  Even afterwards, he didn't think it was because he was drunk.  BTW, it was a rental, because a few days earlier, he had crashed his car while driving drunk, and the cop that showed up didn't notice he was DUI.  

I hope when you crash you only manage to kill yourself, not some innocent family.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:24:53 AM EDT
[#22]
I’ve done dumb things before and had the laws of nature and the laws of man give me a one time pass so I’m not going to be too judgmental about the nature of the Cypher214’s character. I will however be judgmental about his judgment.

1. When you are driving you might have to react to someone else’s screw up at any time.
2. If you don’t react correctly because you are drinking you will probably be considered to be at fault in the wreck.
3. This can mean a trip to the pound me in the ass prison.
4. When you are drinking you don’t have the judgment not to drive.
5. When you are drinking you don’t have the judgment to avoid speeding. (Cops will usually give you 5 or 10 over even if they are in tax collector mode. Cops usually won’t stop you for 15 over unless they are in tax collector mode. At 20 over though they will come after you.)
6. Therefore you should just cut alcohol completely out of your life. Got beer? Pour it out right now. Alcohol will cause you nothing but problems in your life. (Yes, some people can drink responsibly. But Cypher, you ain’t one of those people.)
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:41:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I bet posting this seemed like a good idea at the time...

OTOH, maybe he posted due to the need to be punished.  Subconsciously, he knows what he did was wrong, and needs a group of peers to berate him for his idiocy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#24]
YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE  You already drive over the limit like a jackass, so you decide to drive drunk on top of it?  Three tickets in 12 months mean you would be loseing your licence down here. If I caught you drunk on top of it you would be in jail. I don't think anyone should be happy that you got away with it. You are the type of person that keeps doing this shit untill you actualy do kill someone.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:52:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Lucky doesn't cover it.

Consider this a sign that you need to change how you're doing things. If it weren't for the deputy being cool, you'd be in a world of hurt right now.

I wouldn't talk about it much, either. The guy would probably catch a LOT of grief for letting you go. It would be a dick move to repay the guy in this manner.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#26]
one word... stupid.

I'm done.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#27]
I detect much FAIL in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:01:16 AM EDT
[#28]
If you have one person in the world who depends on you for anything at all, you messed up.  

Always remember, you are not only responsible for yourself, you have to consider those around you, those who care about you and those who depend upon you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:01:27 AM EDT
[#29]
glad nobody got hurt.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:03:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Nope, cannot tell you that.

Just because I've done it in the past doesn't make it any less STUPID. I did a LOT of stupid shit in my younger days that I'll still call YOU stupid for doing. What I did or didn't do has no bearing on if it is smart to do or not. What the OP did was stupid and he could still be sitting in jail, if the deputy decided to press the issue.

I don't do it anymore, because I'm a hell of a lot SMARTER than I used to be. If you or anyone else wants to learn the hard way, by all means do so. Just be sure to come back after you get out of jail, to tell us we were right. (assuming you don't go overboard and kill yourself or anyone else)
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?
If someone plowed into you and got killed you would still be going to jail for vech homicide.
The reason there is a limit on BAC is because at a certain level you are IMPAIRED.

How much did you drink in what amount of time?
what were the drinks"
what were the hours?
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Changed my mind.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Are you going to do it again?
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#34]
What the hell guys, he COULD have gotten in an accident, he COULD have killed somebody, but he didn't.  So chill the fuck out
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What the hell guys, he COULD have gotten in an accident, he COULD have killed somebody, but he didn't.  So chill the fuck out

He could have killed your wife and kids.  Yeah, he didn't, but what if he did?  Would you be telling everyone to "chill the fuck out" then?  

Didn't think so.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Drunk driving apologists are just as bad as the OP.    Have you had any family members killed by DUI drivers?  You'd change your tune in a hurry I promise you.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:19:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Why?
Just because he didn't get slammed by the nice po po who was derelict in not arresting him does not mean he gets a pass for DRIVING drunk.
In case you have missed some of the threads around here members of AFCOM have lost family members to drunk drivers..
Now support someone who drove drunk.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#38]

So if someone does a mag dump in your front yard, but doesn't kill anybody, it's all good, right?

Irresponsible behavior is irresponsible behavior.  

Shane
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you drink and drive?

As much as I can.

Never hurt anybody.

Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you drink and drive?

As much as I can.

Never hurt anybody.

What a fucking troll
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Dude,

You need to take a hard look in the mirror.

1. 3 violations in the last year!

2. Driving after drinking, knowing you are probably over the limit.

3. Your "friend" is driving the short distance to your house so you can follow him. And why didn't you leave your car and get a ride with him? Maybe he was drinking also? Get a cab or walk.

4. Driving 60 in a 40 zone especially after drinking and you don't think your judgement is impaired? WTF!

5. You admit drinking and driving and speeding to a cop that pulls you over and knows your 3 previous traffic violations and he lets you go? WTF is up with that. That is the most irresponsible thing I have heard a cop do in a long time. Those days are long gone, or so I thought.

You need to wake up and become responsible before your actions ruin the rest of your life and a bunch of other people's lives.

Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Had something similar happen to me not too long ago.  Only difference is I wasn't dumb enough to start a thread about it
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#43]
You must be either stupid or still drunk to post this.  You should have gone to jail.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you drink and drive?

As much as I can.

Never hurt anybody.

That was my thought too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Yes, I know I'm stupid for driving... but the circumstances suggested I'd be ok driving home...  I was following a friend and it was open interstate all the way home.  

Not only a drunk, but a selfish drunk.  I'm sure thousands of drunks get behind the wheel and think the same thing only until they end up killing some innocent person who wasn't drunk and selfish.  You suck.  You should have been arrested and lost your driving license.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you drink and drive?

As much as I can.

Never hurt anybody.

TPS: you are so into the life style you have chosen you don't belive there is any other out there. On top of it you think that everyone that does not make the same stupid mistakes as you is a liar, and dare I say, a wuss. Your mind is warped and you think that anyone that does not agree with your messed up way of thinking is wrong.

It is retards like you that commit crimes and find a way to justify it. You have convinced yourself that "everybody does it" so that you can get away with things and not feel bad. If everyone is as screwed up as you then your not a bad person for the crime you commit.

Just so you know. I have never driven drunk, not even a little buzzed, and I have never tried any illegal drugs. I haven't even tried any drugs that stupid people think should be legalized.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's what a large percentage of DUI people thought.

just before that car load of teenagers pulled out in front of them and their slower reaction time a slower decision ability due to the alcohol killed them.

yep, your cool. you got lucky.

I'm no angel, I have driven drunk before in my youth as well.

but now that I'm a cop and have seen just what  results from persons just at the limit or just under, I'll NEVER drive with even just one drink in me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I can't believe the cop let you off.

Me either.  Why the hell did he even pull the op over if he wasn't going to do anything?  Sounds like a deputy who needs a new career.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Dude,

You need to take a hard look in the mirror.

1. 3 violations in the last year!

2. Driving after drinking, knowing you are probably over the limit.

3. Your "friend" is driving the short distance to your house so you can follow him. And why didn't you leave your car and get a ride with him? Maybe he was drinking also? Get a cab or walk.

4. Driving 60 in a 40 zone especially after drinking and you don't think your judgement is impaired? WTF!

5. You admit drinking and driving and speeding to a cop that pulls you over and knows your 3 previous traffic violations and he lets you go? WTF is up with that. That is the most irresponsible thing I have heard a cop do in a long time. Those days are long gone, or so I thought.

You need to wake up and become responsible before your actions ruin the rest of your life and a bunch of other people's lives.

+1

You should be in jail. You should also be grateful you haven't killed yourself or someone else yet instead of posting on here boasting about how lucky you are.

Link Posted: 8/2/2008 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't know about jail.  But 60 in a 40?  Ticket for sure.  I think a field sobriety test would be in order.

But  I am not a cop.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top