Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:38:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Far Cry 4 is what you seek
View Quote

Yes, Far Cry 3 and 4 were tons of fun. Give them a shot OP, you'll probably like them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]
u get rekt m8?

eta- serious note, pick up Infamous:Second Son...it's awesome single player with the prettiest graphics on the PS4 imo, for <$15 at this point
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
How on earth could you not know about the multiplayer element of those two games? Did you just throw darts at a board to make your decision?

ETA: I too would recommend Infamous Second Son, as well as the last two Far Cry games.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe do a little fucking research before you buy games next time

That said, Deus ex has been pretty good so far.

Also, Fallout 4 is a must own for those that like single player. It's single player only, no multiplayer whatsoever, and I hope it stays that way forever. Multiplayer would ruin fallout.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fallout 4 is what you seek.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, I had a little extra cash this week, and a bit of free time so I thought I would spend it relaxing with the PS4, so I go get myself some new games.  I am not interested in multiplayer, I haven't been for about 10 years, I rage quit the entire idea, I got tired of the constant cheating, shit talking horrible playing Dutch 12 year olds, class hording, camping, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, lack of team play and just general bullshit.  I also have no one I know to really play with so its just a really frustrating solo experience.  I HATE multiplayer.  So the first thing I do when I pick up a game is to see if it is an actual GAME, I.E. Did the developer include a single player mode, or are they just lazy asses who created yet another multiplayer only freeforall shitfest with no story, thought, or creativity whatsoever.  If it says multiplayer only I don't buy it, I just cuss under my breath, lament that it is a waste and move on to the next one.

What pisses me off, what sends me into searing, ranting rage, is when some asshat developer creates a multiplayer only game and tries to fool people like me, who want single player campaign games, not mutiplayer crap into buying it by clearly labling the damned package simgle player, and by portraying it as single player in the ads, etc. when in reality its "single player" is just some fucked up half ass tutorial or multiplayer with bots.  If I wanted a fucking multiplayer game I'd habe fucking bought one jackasses!  To me this is blatemt false advertising, and a scam.

Once upon a time this geat looking World War 2 shooter game came out, looked a lot like Medal Of Honer which was great, so I nought it only to find out that it was muktiplayer only garbage with a half ass "single player considting of bots on a multiplayer map.  I flew into a rage and swore off not just that game but the entire fucking franchise for ever, fuck them.  The game was Battlefield 1942.  That is the last and only game of the Bagtlefield franchise I have played and the only one I will ever play.  I have heard that later versions do have single player and the new World War 1 one looks awsome but I don't trust them.  Fuck them, fuck Battlefield, I hope they choke on a dick.

Fast forward to today, there are two games which I have heard good things about, they had awsome trailers and I have had them simmering on the back burner on my want list for quite some time now, but didn't really give it much thought, especially since they were both kindof pricey games.  But today I see them both, and they are both about half off, $60 for the both of them, two for the price of one.  I hurriedly bought them and eagerly took them home to play only to find out that guess what?  They are BOTH fucking multiplayer only shit fests with fake single player, one even requires a comstant internet connection.  They are clearly labled as having single player modes, but no, just a shitty multiplayer only crap fest, and it gets better, upon further review one of them even has the same development team as fucking Battlfoeld 1942, they are up to the same fucking scamming bullshit.  The games are Star Wars Battlefront (Battlefield 1942 in space), and The Division.

Fuck them, fuck their developers, I am through with them, and their whole damn franchise.  I hear Star Wars Battlefront 2 is supposed to have a true single player, but fuck them, they have lost me forever as a customer, fucking scam artist fucks.

Think Best Buy will take these crap games back?  I am tempted to snap them in fucking two.

Fallout 4 is what you seek.

Played it, loved it.

I had hoped The Divosion would be along those lines but nope.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I see my fellow men struggling. I feel their cries and gnashing of teeth. The answer you seek is dark.
https://d1r7xvmnymv7kg.cloudfront.net/sites_products/darksouls3/assets/img/DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
View Quote

I tried the first one and could not stand it.  I dislike playing the same stage and fighting the same enemies 50 times in a row because they expect me to fight a 50 story demon with a pocket knife.  I like a challenge but I am more into an engaging story, not tearing my hair out on ultra high difficulty with no respawn just to see if I can do it.  Not my style of game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you have a GF or wife?
View Quote

He doesn't have spell check!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I spend all my free time:

1) At the gym
2) At the range
3) Reloading
4) Shooting matches
5) Fucking my wife
6) Drinking whiskey

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have a GF or wife?

I type on a tablet.  I turned off the auto correct because it kept inserting random nonsensical words.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, I picked up Sniper Elite III for 6 bucks out of Redbox and it has kept me entertained single-player for a few weeks now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Multiplayer is best when you mute everyone
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Should've bought $60 worth of ammo and went outside and shot it instead.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#13]
You should try Rust, we need more players like you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Shoulda spent your money on a hooker and blow.
View Quote

OR ammo hoarding, the same as the rest of us.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Does this mean that Ann Margret's NOT coming?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll bite. What is "Rust"?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Survival game.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Eh, he's got a point.  Btw I'm nearly 40, married, and will game for the rest of my life.  Remember playing pong on a 8 inch screen.  Op if you have a comp get on and play some MechWarrior online.  No shit talking and most are older folks.
View Quote

Love Mechwarrior. Stay out of the bottom tier and there is very little fucktardery.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes, Far Cry 3 and 4 were tons of fun. Give them a shot OP, you'll probably like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their story sucks balls and trying to skip the cinematics is a non-option.

Uncharted 4 is mind blowing by comparison and the story is good enough you want to listen to it even though you can skip it.   Unlike FarCry which had me shouting at the stupid TV and the author of FC3 bitching about how stupid everyone is for hating his Alice In Wonderland bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Uncharted 4 is mind blowing by comparison and the story is good enough you want to listen to it even though you can skip it.   Unlike FarCry which had me shouting at the stupid TV and the author of FC3 bitching about how stupid everyone is for hating his Alice In Wonderland bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I 100%ed FC4. I love that shit. So much so that I refuse to buy a prehistoric bullshit with animal friends FC game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Far Cry Primal was decent, but short. It took me ~24 hours to 100% the game.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Has OP ever started a thread that wasn't him ranting over something stupid?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FC2/3/4 all had great stories

Hating characters for being crybaby pussies doesn't make the story any less compelling.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So, I had a little extra cash this week, and a bit of free time so I thought I would spend it relaxing with the PS4, so I go get myself some new games.  I am not interested in multiplayer, I haven't been for about 10 years, I rage quit the entire idea, I got tired of the constant cheating, shit talking horrible playing Dutch 12 year olds, class hording, camping, bunny hopping, grenade spamming, lack of team play and just general bullshit.  I also have no one I know to really play with so its just a really frustrating solo experience.  I HATE multiplayer.  So the first thing I do when I pick up a game is to see if it is an actual GAME, I.E. Did the developer include a single player mode, or are they just lazy asses who created yet another multiplayer only freeforall shitfest with no story, thought, or creativity whatsoever.  If it says multiplayer only I don't buy it, I just cuss under my breath, lament that it is a waste and move on to the next one.

What pisses me off, what sends me into searing, ranting rage, is when some asshat developer creates a multiplayer only game and tries to fool people like me, who want single player campaign games, not mutiplayer crap into buying it by clearly labling the damned package simgle player, and by portraying it as single player in the ads, etc. when in reality its "single player" is just some fucked up half ass tutorial or multiplayer with bots.  If I wanted a fucking multiplayer game I'd habe fucking bought one jackasses!  To me this is blatemt false advertising, and a scam.

Once upon a time this geat looking World War 2 shooter game came out, looked a lot like Medal Of Honer which was great, so I nought it only to find out that it was muktiplayer only garbage with a half ass "single player considting of bots on a multiplayer map.  I flew into a rage and swore off not just that game but the entire fucking franchise for ever, fuck them.  The game was Battlefield 1942.  That is the last and only game of the Bagtlefield franchise I have played and the only one I will ever play.  I have heard that later versions do have single player and the new World War 1 one looks awsome but I don't trust them.  Fuck them, fuck Battlefield, I hope they choke on a dick.

Fast forward to today, there are two games which I have heard good things about, they had awsome trailers and I have had them simmering on the back burner on my want list for quite some time now, but didn't really give it much thought, especially since they were both kindof pricey games.  But today I see them both, and they are both about half off, $60 for the both of them, two for the price of one.  I hurriedly bought them and eagerly took them home to play only to find out that guess what?  They are BOTH fucking multiplayer only shit fests with fake single player, one even requires a comstant internet connection.  They are clearly labled as having single player modes, but no, just a shitty multiplayer only crap fest, and it gets better, upon further review one of them even has the same development team as fucking Battlfoeld 1942, they are up to the same fucking scamming bullshit.  The games are Star Wars Battlefront (Battlefield 1942 in space), and The Division.

Fuck them, fuck their developers, I am through with them, and their whole damn franchise.  I hear Star Wars Battlefront 2 is supposed to have a true single player, but fuck them, they have lost me forever as a customer, fucking scam artist fucks.

Think Best Buy will take these crap games back?  I am tempted to snap them in fucking two.
View Quote

Did you  ever think of looking up a review since you have extremely specific requirements and don't have the product knowledge to know whether it will have a traditional single player like you want?
I also like how you make the discovery that the Battlefront team is the same as the Battlefield team; you are just a regular Sherlock Homes aren't ya
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Your problem is easily solved by less than two minutes of research. This is easily accomplished at the store from a smartphone. You have no one to blame but yourself.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I had no idea people bought games based on little more than the artwork on the box, in 2016. Or even bought them in stores.

Dude, you have an Internet connection. Use it to research a game before you buy it. Then order it from your couch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I had no idea people bought games based on little more than the artwork on the box, in 2016. Or even bought them in stores.

Dude, you have an Internet connection. Use it to research a game before you buy it. Then order it from your couch.
View Quote

I bought Battletoads based on the artwork, and it was awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Git gud and stop sucking at multiplayer
View Quote

Fuck that, if I wanted to interact with people, I'd come upstairs and go outside.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#30]
OP needs a ps3 and devil may cry series, resident evil series and ace combat and gran turismo 5, and metal gear series.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You rolled the dice and won.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hell yeah...I was sold when I saw the biplanes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked The Division, and am looking forward to battlefield 1, that'll have a single player campaign as far as I know.

Hell yeah...I was sold when I saw the biplanes.

I'll have to check that one out. BF1942 demo was the shiznit! Flying the zero vs corsair was awesome. My favorite though was buzzing the airfield at ground level while guys ran towards the AA and killing them with the planes wings
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Go get laid instead.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#34]
You need Fallout 3 and 4 in your life..
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Personally, I think you have your priorities a little fucked up, you should be studying your 6th grade spelling (or typing)..
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#36]
...you know you can rent games, right?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you play for the story why skip the cinematics?

I liked the story for both of them, sorry you didn't.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:22:23 PM EDT
[#38]
You're going to have a bad time if you don't pay attention to the cinematics in Primal I usually play games for the story but Far Cry has had a weak story for the last several entries. The relatively open world and non-linear progression are more than enough to keep me interested.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Personally, I think you have your priorities a little fucked up, you should be studying your 6th grade spelling (or typing)..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am typing on a tiny tablet keyboard with big thumbs
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is the thread where he drained his car's coolant into the local lakes
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
ETA: NM.,. I missread

ETA 2: Yea any one could have told you battle front and the division were multi player.

Want a get your moneys worth Single player game? Go buy fallout 3, new vegas, and 4.. You will seriously end your fucking marriage over that fucking game.
View Quote

TRUTH
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top