Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Son of Liberty:
So which is it?  It can't be both ways!  Is it my responsiblity to protect myself or is it not?  LE and the judicial system need to make up their minds and then stick to it!
View Quote

I said I was done but what the heck it's a new day.

Have you ever heard of a use of force or shooting review board? Officers have to answer for what they do, why shouldn't you?

Yep thats right! At my agency you are relieved of your weapon and badge your cloths are seized as evidence you are interviewed and there is a good chance you will go before Grand Jury. (these are examples of SOME of what can happen to you)

I suppose that if a private citizen shoots someone they should be patted on the back and left home on their comfy little couch to watch T.V.

Come on people grow the Fu@k UP!!

Hunter out...

edited for spelling
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Private citizens don't have a union to provide legal assistance after a shooting.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]
NH, call your nearest FBI branch, I am sure they will be interested in the corruption.

James
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Private citizens don't have a union to provide legal assistance after a shooting.
View Quote

Ever hear of a PUBLIC DEFENDERS OFFICE??

Don't have those in Cali??

Then join a union!

Or better yet create and run one.

You are reaching now Imbrog|io. Maybe it's time to admit that although every profession has retards, paycheck collectors, criminals, and the like LE is not exempt. But you have to face the fact that there are good cops out here and the ones that are doing the job right have rules that criminals don't follow and lives are at stake. LE is and always will be a thankless job that those that piss and moan about would never have the balls to do.

BTW I was a ParaGod for 5 years prior to moving over to LE, would you like to hear some stories about ER Nurses and Medics/Firefighters I could trash those professions just like LE.

Maybe those of you in other jobs out there would like to be part of a forum that continually trashes your line of work when all you are here for is share knowledge with people that enjoy firearms, whaddya say lets pick five or ten jobs a day and trash the hell out of them. I am sure the membership here has enough life experience to really make any hard working AR15.com member feel like a floormat.

Hunter out....
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
#1 the first thing you have is your union fighting for you.
View Quote

NEWSFLASH: We don't even have a union. And our city does not have to recognize one even if we joined. All this us and them talk...ya know why there is an us and them attitude? I will tell you because you have no idea how things REALLY are you live in your television world and get your information from re-runs of Hill Street Blues. You want me to listen to YOUR opinion first shut you mouth and ride along with your police agency for a week. Then you can run your mouth like you are some kind of expert.

Hunter amazed at all the experts out there......

edited because I just reread your post and I see you got "stopped for nothing" man I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard that. Just like all the prisoners in jail will tell you that they "didn't do it" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have been pulled over for speeding and the such before but the last two times in the last 10 years they treated me like shit. 60 in a 55 get a life cop. doing a california stop at 5 in the mourning on a rural road with nobody around for miles.
View Quote

Funny I knowingly do these sort of things maybe even more than 5 over in front of cops all the time, have yet to have been pulled over for anything like that, course I have no bumper stickers or rebel flags or limo tint or anything like that, rememeber the pc stuff is here to stay don't piss them off or act suspicious in any way and usually no worries.
you must be fitting a profile of some kind,either your vehicle or something on it or something you're wearing or have inside is pissing them off.

I will take my hat off to you and stop labeling you in the same breath with the lieing rat cops that killed vicky weaver and her son and then killed those poor folks in waco.
View Quote

Get a grip dude, talk about the liberal media brainwashing people, Has a cop ever even moved towards his holster in your presence? this labeling of all cops as jack-booted thug murderers sounds like too many ak-47.net type gun boards brainwashing.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
so who pays for all of those high in the skies the limit lawyers maybe its the department and i'am not talking about when you get caught for lifting that drug money someone dropped when you are chasing them its the wrongfull shootings and the like. who pays for those high dollars lawyers then. so we should allow you to crush our rights  because we do not ride along with you . I guess you are just like those other rat cops that killed those people in cold blood and then was promoted for it. you are the reason we have to protect ourselfs because if I catch someone hurting my family now I know it becomes a eye for a eye because you will find the perp buried in the desert. this board has to many dirty cops on it like you and if owning a ar15 puts me in the same catagory as you lieing child killing rats I will sell it and buy a mans gun like a m1a or fal.I think I need to read the turner diaries at least it has a happy ending and we the people get our country back! good buy and good ridence
View Quote

jc121

If you would like to continue this personal attack against me, my email is there for you to use. I am not going to get into it with you on here. Feel free to email me at home and I will continue this if you are up to it.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't trust LE's, they have too much power and misuse it. I don't hate them though, I feel they are a nessesary evil. They do manage to get a few of the real assholes off the street. And that means that I won't have to run across these assholes. The real problem is some of the assholes are wearing the badges and nobody to get them off the street.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
hey I know your police job is a tough one and no I would not want to do it and "WE" the average joe citizen depend on you!! but most of the time when me the gray haired middle age short fat guy gets stopped for nothing (and yes I drive a nice car) and your counter parts treat me like shit. I resent that, I was brought up in a time that we respected the police and looked up to them. but after haveing them as room mates and being around them for quite a few years I think I have a pretty good ideal how the we verses the world attitude is. get the job done anyway you can. intemidate and threaten people thats not how you win their hearts and minds. review boards thats a joke!!!!! #1 the first thing you have is your union fighting for you. #2 then the review board seals everything so the public never hears about it untill its surpressed. #3 if it looks like the union lawyers are going to lose they tell the department to settle out of court so the thruth never comes out. #4 public defenders are a joke and are on the low end of the food chain. if you guys that are cops and try to defend your actions trust me when I say I want to believe in you. and that way I would not half to carry a weapon to defend myself against the bad guys, or keep that 20 round mag full of a.p. for that wrong house noknock.  why do we have to fear you when you are supposed to be defending us. start your job tommorrow with a smile and remember to be kind to that little gray haired man you pull over and if you do care thats a good start. lets us know when you do this and I will take my hat off to you and stop labeling you in the same breath with the lieing rat cops that killed vicky weaver and her son and then killed those poor folks in waco.
View Quote
Gee, weren't those guys Clinton goons? Us regular guys don't like the Feds either
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
#1 the first thing you have is your union fighting for you.
View Quote

NEWSFLASH: We don't even have a union. And our city does not have to recognize one even if we joined. All this us and them talk...ya know why there is an us and them attitude? I will tell you because you have no idea how things REALLY are you live in your television world and get your information from re-runs of Hill Street Blues. You want me to listen to YOUR opinion first shut you mouth and ride along with your police agency for a week. Then you can run your mouth like you are some kind of expert.

Hunter amazed at all the experts out there......

edited because I just reread your post and I see you got "stopped for nothing" man I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard that. Just like all the prisoners in jail will tell you that they "didn't do it" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
View Quote
Amen to all that brother. Nice posts in defense of the real world out there. Ignorance really is bliss. Too bad the ignorant open pie holes. If you ever get out west, I'd buy you a beer!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Lemme see:
In a critical incident, I can pretty well bet I'll be on my own. Oh sure, the county says they'll provide a lawyer, but lets be real: the county is going to look out for itself first. If it looks like they need to, they'll hang me out to dry to save themselves.
 I can't speak for anyone else here, but I don't know of any officers who "hang out" at fire stations. For that matter, the bosses track us on GPS and get on the horn to ask why we don't move after a while. So much for "hanging out".
Lucky:
Define "too much power". My guess is, you'll sing that song until you need LEO's and then you'll be amazed at just how little we CAN do in many complaints.
As for being pulled over for 5 over the limit: I don't know a single officer whos buffer zone is that low. We'll usually give you at least 10. If you are getting pulled over, there has to be more to it than speed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The cops today are nothing but a waste of the taxpayers money. As far as I am concerned they are a bunch of lazy, useless, wannabee's, looking for a free ride. They do nothing but give a bad name to the few cops that want to protect and serve the people. You know who you are.

I am speaking for many people in this country,
as well as myself, that go to work and bust our asses and do our jobs to the utmost of our abilities and as professionally as possible.
And if we do not, our asses will get fired, no
ifs, ands, and buts about it.

And do not worry, I use to receive a check from the taxpayers, and I had to bust my ass doing it also. And if I did not do it right there would have been a lot of dead people laying around and my ass would have been in Leavenworth.

I have personel friends that use to be cops. Damn good cops. But they left the force because of the pathetic, good for nothing, fat ass and lazy ass cops that are demeaning and corrupting the law enforcement system.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#13]
We here at Handgun Control Inc. Magazine take it upon ourselves to every once in a while peruse internet bulletin board sites for gunowners, see these are the seething cauldron of hate lunatics with automatic-kill-rifles and pocket-rockets we are protecting you from.

everytime I pass a cop my blood boils . I have two years to go till I retire and then I will join a militia group to help defend this country against the vermin our nazi police have become. hide and catch all the weapons you can before they get to strong and we can not defend ourselfs. I have been pulled over for speeding and the such before but the last two times in the last 10 years they treated me like shit. 60 in a 55 get a life cop. when you big bad cops that are so cocky and tell us its you that keeps us safe remember some us us do carry a ak47 or mac10 everywhere we go. the ar180 covered on the seat and my match m1a behind the seat with lots of ammo. lets show them what a motvated rated master can do with a crowd
View Quote

see how easy that was to leave out a few words and put all that together, your popping up on someone's radar I can guarantee it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Jesus Christ!  Some of you guys have issues with law enforcement.

Where I live the cops are polite and professional.  I wish you would post what cities you live in where the cops are so bad (allegedly).

Whenever I have been stopped, I was stopped for a reason (Speeding, I'm a lead foot).  I'm polite, I take my medicine, and move on.  There is always a way to lessen the damage to my driving record by going to traffic safety school which I have done three times,  or I request 90 day supervision and pay a fine.

As to the original post wondering why no DNA evidence was obtained, GET REAL!!!  

Why would the local judicial officials spend 2,000 dollars on DNA testing for a property crime?   They need to spend their limited funds going after rapists and murderers when using DNA evidence.

There has to be a sense of proportionality and importance when investigating crime.  The most serious cases get the most attention.

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Well said ThunderStick.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wish you would post what cities you live in where the cops are so bad (allegedly).

View Quote

Since you asked... New Orleans is one of the places I've lived.  Here is the first of 1080 links I found on Google.com doing a search for "new orleans" & corrupt & cops.  Please read it.

[url]http://www.time.com/time/magazine/archive/1995/950320/950320.crime.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:25:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ!  Some of you guys have issues with law enforcement.

Where I live the cops are polite and professional.  I wish you would post what cities you live in where the cops are so bad (allegedly).

Whenever I have been stopped, I was stopped for a reason (Speeding, I'm a lead foot).  I'm polite, I take my medicine, and move on.  There is always a way to lessen the damage to my driving record by going to traffic safety school which I have done three times,  or I request 90 day supervision and pay a fine.

As to the original post wondering why no DNA evidence was obtained, GET REAL!!!  

Why would the local judicial officials spend 2,000 dollars on DNA testing for a property crime?   They need to spend their limited funds going after rapists and murderers when using DNA evidence.

There has to be a sense of proportionality and importance when investigating crime.  The most serious cases get the most attention.

View Quote

Its people like you who make me sick. If you had $10,000 in damages and stollen property then you would be upset too. Yeah it doesn't seem like much when it happens to someone else but if it happend to you I bet you would have your whining ass up at the jail wanting them to do something about it. Why don't you just shut the hell up and talk about something you know about. In my town we don't have a problem with murder or bank robbery or rape, all the cops do around here are eating donuts and giving speeding tickets. The police make no money checking for fingerprints or taking DNA samples but they do make money for giving speeding tickets.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey tcsd,

Since you live in NY I understand your obvious cynicism.  However, I can tell you for a fact that deputies around here don't go around dusting for prints to "make me feel better."  And even if they did at least they give a shit what the local citizenery thinks about them.  Most are very proactive, courteous and polite.  In other cities within my county the police don't give a rats ass what you think and one city in particular has the nickname "East Berlin."  So you see it goes back to what I said before;  If the cops are dicks where you live, MOVE to a place where they are not.  Just ask around.  Every agency has a rep whether it be good or bad.

MG
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#19]

NightHawk,

Why do you behave like a ten year old?

1.  As to your latest post:  Your previous posts said nothing about 10,000 dollars in damages.   You said only that a window was broken with a tire iron.  That's it.  

2.  I am not a whiner.   Read any post I have ever written and you will see the proof.  

3.  YOU are the whiner.  Just reread your posts.

4.  To quote you, "Why don't you just shut the hell up and talk about something you know about."  I WISH YOU WOULD FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mean Green:
If you don't like the cops where you live.  MOVE!!!!!!  Stop bitching and moaning and get the hell out of there.  There are plenty of communities where the police are sensitive to the citizen's needs.

Hell No! I was born here, my family is here, my job, house, etc... Why the hell should I have to move because some piece of shit CRIMINALS WITH BADGES are lousing up the neighborhood? Those scum bags are the ones that need to be moved, lets not forget the cops have no power they are not GIVEN by the people, and the people can just as easily take it away! Just keep letting these stupid Bozo's continue abusing the authority they have been GIVEN, and turning public opinion against themselves, and see what happens! It may take a while, but unless they pull their heads out, the day will come that they won't be able to wipe their own asses without prior written consent.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey Augie, just curious.  

When you say we don't like the Feds either, who are you referring too?  There are tons of Federal Law Enforcement Agencies.  You've got National Park Service, Capitol Police, Border Patrol, ATF, DEA, Customs, etc. etc.
I'm curious as to which Fed LE agencies your typical local PD officer despises.

MG
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:09:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top