BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Something that scares the fuck out of me is that there is endless twitter (and other social media outlets whose names escape me) accounts full of images and posts glorifying serial killers.

There's one girl who's quite attractive and at least claims that she wishes she could have had ted bundy's child.

There are indeed people like that, who visit criminals in prison...marry them and whatever else.

I'm not into glorifying SKs, but no secret I do collect art/letters/photos from certain notorious individuals.

There is nothing cool about SKs.

Some girls are truly attracted to the "bad boy" image.  My wife's son that I raised is serving time in a minimum or medium security corrections facility in NC.  He has never had, nor does he have now a problem with attracting women to him.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Something that scares the fuck out of me is that there is endless twitter (and other social media outlets whose names escape me) accounts full of images and posts glorifying serial killers.

There's one girl who's quite attractive and at least claims that she wishes she could have had ted bundy's child.

There are indeed people like that, who visit criminals in prison...marry them and whatever else.

I'm not into glorifying SKs, but no secret I do collect art/letters/photos from certain notorious individuals.

Some girls are truly attracted to the "bad boy" image.  My wife's son that I raised is serving time in a minimum or medium security corrections facility in NC.  He has never had, nor does he have now a problem with attracting women to him.

Are they attractive 'tho? I guess it doesn't matter... a piece of ass is a piece of ass... you can always turn the lights out... At least he's not masturbating and playing with matches!
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Johnny Depp?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
All I Know is that it must take a lot of effort to be a serial killer... That's a lot of prep and research.

Not that serial killers should be glorified.

They're generally pretty intelligent.

Actually, no. On average they are... average.

Very rarely are they smart, listen to some audio of BTK and the Iceman. The Iceman is just a goon who got lucky. And BTK wants you to think that he thinks demons are in his head. Smart wouldn't be the word I would use to describe them.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are they attractive 'tho? I guess it doesn't matter... a piece of ass is a piece of ass... you can always turn the lights out... At least he's not masturbating and playing with matches!

What's wrong with that?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Johnny Depp?

Lol....well he did have a painting that he didn't keep very long. So, not so much of a collector in regard to true crime stuff.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Having an interest or collecting artifacts (such as Gacy's paintings) is one thing.

What a lot of these people have is beyond obsession.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All I Know is that it must take a lot of effort to be a serial killer... That's a lot of prep and research.

Serial killers and Nazis hold the same place in my interests. I am utterly fascinated by them, however I have zero respect for what they do/did nor do I condone their actions.

It is just fascinating to see what extremes the human psyche will go and how they justify their methods.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And its been going on for awhile, here is a card I have....Vivian Wyatt was 16 when she wrote him.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Black Serial/Mass/Spree Killer List:
1. Matthew Emanuel Macon (Murdered and Raped 5 White Women in Lansing)
2. Jimmie Reed (Murdered his wife and his 2 month old daughter and set them on fire)
3. Shelly Brooks (Murdered 7 prostitutes in Detroit Cass Corridor)
4. Justin Blackshere (Stabbed two white cooks at Cheli’s Chili downtown Detroit)
5. Jervon Miguel Coleman (Murdered three people.)
6. Donell Ramon Johnson (Murdered a mother and a daughter)
7. Brian Ranard Davis (6 women known murdered by nigger)
8. Paul Durousseau (Seven women)
9. Mark Goudeau “The Baseline Killer” (Eight women and a man in 2005-2006)
10. Coral Eugene Watts (11 women in Texas & 1 in Michigan)
11. Anthony McKnight (Five girls and young women)
12. Derrick Todd Lee (8 Women)
13. Charles Lendelle Carter (4 known murders; admits to ‘hunting’ Atlantans for 15 years!)
14. The Zebra Killings (71 White people)
15. Chester Turner (L.A.s most prolific killer 12 women killed.)
16. Lorenzo J. Gilyard (Kansas City, MO.—13 victims)
17. Eugene Victor Britt (Gary, IN.–3 known murder/rapes.)
18. Reginald and Jonathan Carr (The Wichita Massacre–6 Whites murdered)
19. Ray Joseph Dandridge and his uncle, Ricky Gevon Gray (Richmond, VA.–Murdered 7 people in 7 days, including an entire White family.)
20. The Tinley Park Murderer (Suspect hasn’t been found but has been described as black – murdered 5 women in a store.)
21. Henry Louis Wallace (Raped and strangled 5 women to death.)
22. Charles Johnston (Murdered 3 unarmed white men in hospital)
23. Craig Price (Brutally murdered 3 women)
24. Harrison Graham (Brually Murdered 3 women)
25. Charles Lee “Cookie” Thornton (Murdered 6 Whites at the Kirkwood, MO. city council. )
26. & 27. Darnell Hartsfeld & Romeo Pinkerton (Abducted and Murdered 5 from a restaurant)
28 &29. John Allen Muhammad & Lee Boyd Malvo (Sniped 11 people from a car in DC, 9 died.)
30. George Russell (3 women, WA state)
31. Timothy W. Spencer (5 killed, Arlington, VA and Richmond, VA)
32. Elton M. Jackson (12 gay men killed, Norfolk, VA area)
33. Carlton Gary (3 killed in Columbus, GA)
34. Mohammed Adam Omar (16 women, Yemen. Omar is Sudanese.)
35. Kendall Francois (8 women, Poughkeepsie, NY and surrounding areas.)
36. Terry A. Blair (8 women, Kansas City area)
37. Wayne Williams (33 many of them children!, Atlanta, GA)
38. Vaughn Greenwood (11 killed in LA)
39. Andre Crawford (10 killed in Chicago – southside)
40. Calvin Jackson (9 killed possibley more in NY)
41. Gregory Klepper (killed 8, Chicago – southside)
42. Alton Coleman (Killed 8 in the Midwest)
43. Harrison Graham (killed 7+ in N. Philadelphia)
44. Cleophus Prince (6 killed in, San Diego
45. Robert Rozier (7 killed in, Miami)
46. Maurice Byrd (killed 20 + in St. Louis)
47. Maury Travis (17 and rising, St. Louis and possibly also Atlanta)
48. Hulon Mitchell, a.k.a. Yahweh Ben Yahweh (killed 20+ in Florida)
49. Lorenzo Fayne (killed 5 children in East St. Louis, IL)
50. Paul Durousseau, (killed 6, two of which were pregnant women, Jacksonville, FL; Georgia.)
51. Eddie Lee Mosley (killed 25 to 30 women, south Florida)
52. Henry Lee Jones (killed 4 in, south Florida; Bartlett, TN)
53. Richard “Babyface” Jameswhite (15 killed in, New York; Georgia.)
54. Donald E. Younge, Jr. (killed 4), East St. Louis, IL; Salt Lake City, UT.
55. Ivan Hill (killed 6 in Los Angeles area).
56. Michael Vernon (Bronx, NY. Killed at least seven people – )
57. Chester Dewayne Turner (12 women killed in, Los Angeles)

yu can pick out the white V black
and do the math...does haveing a brother who is 1/2 black and 1/2 hispanic make me a rascist? somthing I honestly never think about..he's my brother..
•Charles Albright: AKA "The Eyeball Killer"; convicted of murdering three prostitutes in Dallas, Texas; sentenced to life imprisonment in 1994
•Rodney Alcala: AKA "The Dating Game Killer"; convicted rapist and serial killer
•Amy Archer-Gilligan: poisoned a husband and four of her nursing home's residents with arsenic or strychnine in Windsor, Connecticut in the 1910s
•Benjamin Atkins: AKA "The Woodward Corridor Killer"; mission-oriented killer who raped and strangled eleven women in Detroit in 1991 and 1992
•Joe Ball: AKA "The Alligator Man"; killed at least 20 women in the early 20th century in Texas
•Velma Barfield: two husbands and two boyfriends died mysteriously with two proving to be arsenic poisoning; confessed to killing three more including her mother
•Herb Baumeister: suspected of killing 20+ men along I-70; fled and committed suicide after remains of 11 were found on his Westfield, Indiana property
•Bloody Benders: family who killed guests at their inn in Labette County, Kansas in 1872
•Robert Berdella: convicted of killing six men in 1988 in Kansas City, Missouri; sexually tortured and dismembered his victims
•David Berkowitz: AKA "Son of Sam" and "The .44 Caliber Killer"; convicted of six murders in New York
•Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono Jr: AKA "The Hillside Strangler"; killers of 12 women and possibly involved in three other killings
•Richard Biegenwald: convicted of killing five people in the early 1980s in the Asbury Park, New Jersey area; suspected in at least six other murders
•Arthur Gary Bishop: Utah man who murdered five young boys; executed in 1988
•Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris: kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered five girls in 1979
•Terry Blair: Kansas City serial killer and rapist; active 1982–2004
•William Bonin: AKA "The Freeway Killer"; with several accomplices, claimed the lives of 20 boys in California
•Dallen Bounds: killed two strangers, his girlfriend and her ex-husband in 1999
•Gary Ray Bowles: beat and strangled six men to death to steal their credit cards in 1994
•Briley Brothers: three brothers and an accomplice responsible for 11 murders in the 1970s in Richmond, Virginia
•Jerry Brudos: AKA "The Lust Killer" and "Shoe Fetish Slayer"; killed at least 4 women in Oregon
•Judy Buenoano: poisoned her husband, boyfriend and son with arsenic in the 1970s; drowned the son in 1980 but caught in 1983 after poisoning and car bombing a fiancee
•Ted Bundy: law student who raped and murdered more than 35 women in six states; escaped from prison twice before being executed in Florida State Prison on January 24, 1989
•Ricardo Caputo: AKA "The Lady Killer"; visionary Argentine bluebeard who strangled four women across North America in the 1970s becoming one of the FBI 10 Most Wanted
•Harvey Carignan: AKA "The Want-Ad Killer"; raped and beat four young women to death in 1972 and 1973 having escaped hanging for a 1949 killing on a technicality
•David Carpenter: AKA "The Trailside Killer"; murdered five women on San Francisco-area hiking trails between 1979 and 1981
•Michael Bear Carson and Suzan Carson: nomadic hippie killers involved in the counter-culture movement; suspects in 12 homicides; sentenced to life imprisonment for three San Francisco Bay Area murders in 1983
•Dean Carter: murdered at least four women
•Richard Chase: AKA "The Vampire of Sacramento"; murdered six people in California the 1970s
•Thor Nis Christiansen: shot dead and committed necrophilia on four young women in Isla Vista, California in the late 1970s
•Joseph Christopher: AKA "The Midtown Slasher"; racist who killed 12 African Americans in 1980 and 1981, mutilating two of them
•Doug Clark and Carol M. Bundy: AKA "The Sunset Strip Killers"; killed at least seven people during 1980
•Cynthia Coffman: kidnapped four women by ATMs before accomplice strangled them in five weeks in 1986
•Carroll Cole: killed 16 people between 1948 and 1980; executed in 1985
•Alton Coleman: multi-state killer whose killings took place during two months in 1984; convicted of murder in three states
•John Norman Collins: AKA "The Co-Ed Killer"; committed murders in Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor between 1967 and 1969
•Ray and Faye Copeland: oldest couple ever sentenced to death in the United States at the ages of 75 and 69; convicted of killing five men; modus operandi was to hire unskilled drifters as farm hands and later kill them
•Dean Corll and Elmer Wayne Henley: committed the Houston Mass Murders in the 1970s
•Juan Corona: California killer convicted of murdering 25 men in 1971
•Tony Costa: killed, dismembered and mutilated four women in Cape Cod in the late 1960s; linked to at least four other deaths and disappearances
•Richard Cottingham: AKA "The Torso Killer"; convicted of murdering six women around New York City between 1967 and 1980
•Juan Covington: shot dead three people including his cousin and a co-worker in Philadelphia in 1998 and 2005
•Andre Crawford: a convicted serial killer, who killed 11 women between 1993 to 1997
•Charles Cullen: nurse in New Jersey and Pennsylvania who killed as many as 40 patients through lethal injection
•Andrew Cunanan: shot dead two friends and two strangers in two weeks in Spring 1997; killed Gianni Versace two months later before committing suicide
•Jeffrey Dahmer: Milwaukee, Wisconsin cannibal who kept heads, skulls and body parts in his apartment for sexual gratification; convicted of 15 murders, but was responsible for two others
•Thomas Dillon: serial sniper who killed five men in southeastern Ohio between 1989 and 1992
•Westley Allan Dodd: raped and murdered three boys in 1989; executed on January 5, 1993
•Ronald Dominique: confessed to raping and murdering at least 23 men in Louisiana; sentenced to eight life sentences in 2008
•Nannie Doss: AKA "The Giggling Granny" and "The Jolly Black Widow"; serial poisoner who killed 11 family members
•Brian Dugan: convicted of murdering two girls and a woman between 1983 and 1985
•Joseph E. Duncan III: abducted and murdered a boy in 1997; bludgeoned three people to death in 2005 home invasion to abduct two more children, one of whom he shot weeks later
•Paul Durousseau: murdered seven in southeast United States between 1997 and 2003; may have killed while stationed in Germany with the Army
•Edward Edwards: shot a young couple in 1977 and stabbed and strangled another in 1980; died months prior to execution for shooting his foster son in 1996 insurance murder
•Mack Ray Edwards: convicted of murdering three children after confessing to the murders of six in Los Angeles County between 1953 and 1969; claimed at one point to have killed as many as 18
•Walter Ellis: AKA "The Milwaukee North Side Strangler"; convicted of killing seven prostitutes in Wisconsin between 1986 and 2007
•Scott Erskine: convicted of raping and murdering a woman in 1989 and the torture-murders of two boys in 1993
•Donald Leroy Evans: convicted of two stranglings and police closed the file on another; suspected of another dozen murders but recanted confessions to over 50 more
•Gary Evans: antique thief who shot to death two shop owners and three accomplices who he suspected of stealing from him between 1985 and 1997
•Richard Evonitz: abducted and killed three girls in Spotsylvania County, Virginia in 1996 and 1997
•Larry Eyler: AKA "The Interstate Killer"; convicted of murdering two young men and confessed to stabbing and mutilating 20 more in 1982 and 1983
•Raymond Fernandez and Martha Beck: AKA "The Lonely Hearts Killers"; killed at least three women and one child in the 1940s but suspected in up to 20 murders in New York and Michigan
•Albert Fish: AKA "The Werewolf of Wisteria"; sadist and pedophile who cannibalized several children; convicted of one murder, confessed to 2 others, claimed to have molested 100 children
•Wayne Adam Ford: AKA "Wayward Wayne"; confessed to murdering four women; believed to have killed others
•Kendall Francois: serial killer from Poughkeepsie, New York who targeted prostitutes; after strangling the women, he would store them in various crawl spaces in and around his home
•Joseph Paul Franklin: racist serial killer who targeted interracial couples and attempted to assassinate Larry Flynt and Vernon Jordan; convicted of 11 murders and confessed to nine others
•John Wayne Gacy: AKA "The Killer Clown"; killer of at least 33 men and boys; kept bodies buried under his Chicago home
•Gerald and Charlene Gallego: AKA "The Gallego Sex Slaves Killers"; kidnapped, raped and killed victims in the late 1970s; most of them were teenagers
•Carlton Gary: convicted of the murders of seven elderly women in Georgia
•Donald Henry "Peewee" Gaskins: AKA "The Meanest Man in America"; convicted of nine murders; confessed to more than 200; executed on September 6, 1991
•Ed Gein: two known victims, one suspected victim, four missing persons; elements of Gein's life and crimes have inspired, at least in part, the films Psycho and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and the novel/movie The Silence of the Lambs
•Janie Lou Gibbs: Georgia poisoner who killed five family members
•Bertha Gifford: found not guilty of three arsenic poisonings by reason of insanity and suspected of 14 other killings, mostly of children, in Missouri
•Kristen Gilbert: AKA "The Angel of Death"; nurse convicted of killing four by epinephrine injection
•Sean Vincent Gillis: convicted of killing and mutilating seven women in Baton Rouge in competition with Derrick Todd Lee between 1994 and 2004
•Lorenzo Gilyard: killed up to 13 prostitutes in the Kansas City area 1977 to 1993
•Harvey Glatman: AKA "The Lonely Hearts Killer"; Californian rapist and killer of three women; lured women to pose for "bondage photographs"; executed September 18, 1959
•Billy Glaze: mission-oriented killer convicted of raping and murdering three Native American prostitutes in Minneapolis in 1986 and 1987
•Billy Gohl: union official linked with the disappearances of over 40 sailors in Aberdeen, Washington in the early 20th century
•Mark Goudeau: AKA "The Baseline Killer"; convicted of nine murders in Phoenix, Arizona
•Gwendolyn Graham and Cathy Wood: Michigan duo who murdered five elderly nursing home residents in their care and claimed to have killed another
•Dana Sue Gray: convicted of murder of three elderly women and attempted murder of a fourth in California
•Ricky Gray: killed his wife days after his nephew came home from jail; eight weeks later they killed seven people in home invasions in Richmond, Virginia in the first week of 2006
•Vaughn Greenwood: convicted of nine counts of murder, including eight of the "Skid Row Slasher" killings in southern California
•Belle Gunness: Norwegian-born murder-for-profit killer who killed her suitors and children in Indiana
•Anna Marie Hahn: German-born murder-for-profit killer who poisoned five elderly men; executed in 1938
•William Hance: AKA "The Forces Of Evil"; soldier who used the murders of Carlton Gary as an excuse for killing four women around military bases in 1977 and 1978
•Robert Hansen: Alaskan baker who killed prostitutes at his cabin; convicted of four murders but admitted to 11 others
•Harpe Brothers: AKA "Bloody Harpes"; Micajah "Big" Harpe (1768? – August 1799) and Wiley "Little" Harpe (1770? – January 1804), America's first known serial killers were credited with the murders of 40 men, women, and children.
•Donald Harvey: AKA "The Angel of Death"; hospital orderly; confessed to more than 80 "mercy killings" with 37 confirmed killings
•Charles Ray Hatcher: convicted of two child murders in 1978 and 1982 having killed another in 1969; also stabbed to death a fellow inmate and another man 20 years apart
•Dale Hausner: Convicted of killing 6 people in random drive-by shootings in 2006 in Phoenix, Arizona
•William Heirens: AKA "The Lipstick Killer"; confessed to three murders spanning from June 1945 to January 1946
•Loren Herzog and Wesley Shermantine: AKA "Speed Freak Killers"; California duo initially convicted of 7 murders, and suspected in the deaths of as many as 15 people from 1984 to 1999
•Johann Otto Hoch: AKA "The Stockyard Bluebeard"; German who married dozens of US women around the turn of the 20th century, before poisoning them with arsenic
•Dr. H. H. Holmes: active from 1890 to 1894 during Chicago's 1893 World's Columbian Exposition; convicted of only one murder but definitively tied to at least eight more and confessed to a total of 27
•Waneta Hoyt: New York woman who murdered her five children
•Michael Hughes: killed six women and a schoolgirl in the South Los Angeles area between 1986 and 1993, including a Southside Slayer victim
•Leslie Irvin: AKA "Mad Dog"; convicted of killing six people in Indiana in the mid-1950s; his Supreme Court case set a precedent for fair trials of highly publicized defendants
•Phillip Carl Jablonski: killed at least four women in California and Utah
•Keith Hunter Jesperson: AKA "The Happy Face Killer"; killed 8 women between 1990 and 1995
•Martha Ann Johnson: convicted of smothering three of her children in Atlanta between 1977 and 1982
•Vincent Johnson: AKA "The Brooklyn Strangler"; a homeless crack addict who killed at least five prostitutes
•Genene Jones: Texas pediatric nurse who poisoned infants in her care; convicted of only one murder but suspected of 10 or more others
•John Joubert: AKA "The Nebraska Boy Snatcher"; stabbed three children to death in 1982 and 1983
•Joseph Kallinger: with his son as an accomplice killed two children including another son in 1974; also killed a woman during a robbery in 1975
•Patrick Kearney: necrophiliac convicted of 21 murders in California and admitted to seven other murders
•Edmund Kemper: AKA "The Co-Ed Killer"; started killing when he was 15 years old in Santa Cruz, California; convicted of six murders and implicated in four others
•Scott Lee Kimball: AKA "Joe Snitch"; FBI informant who pleaded guilty to two of at least four murders in Colorado including those of his uncle and three female acquaintances
•Tillie Klimek: Chicago woman who poisoned five husbands; sentenced to life imprisonment
•Paul John Knowles: raped and murdered 18 people
•Randy Steven Kraft: convicted of the murders of 16 young men and boys; suspected of 51 others in California
•Timothy Krajcir: confessed to killing more than nine women—five in Missouri and four others in Illinois and Pennsylvania
•Peter Kudzinowski: killed children in New Jersey in the 1920s
•Leonard Lake and Charles Ng: ex-Marines and survivalists; killed at least 11 people and suspected of 25 in Wilseyville, California; collected and murdered female sex slaves
•Derrick Todd Lee: AKA "The Baton Rouge Serial Killer"; convicted of two murders; linked by DNA evidence to five others
•Bobbie Joe Long: AKA "The Classified Ad Rapist"; killed 10 women in Tampa Bay, Florida in 1984
•Henry Lee Lucas: convicted of 11 murders and confessed to approximately 3,000 others, although most of his confessions are considered outlandish; a task force set up to investigate his claims suggested that the true number of his murders may be as high as 213
•Kenneth McDuff: AKA "The Broomstick Killer"; death sentence for 1966 triple-murder commuted; killed three days after 1989 parole and ten further times in Waco, Texas until 1992
•Orville Lynn Majors: nurse convicted of murdering six patients in Clinton, Indiana; suspected of 130 killings between 1993 and 1995
•Richard Laurence Marquette: first 11th name on FBI 10 Most Wanted for killing, mutilating and dismembering woman in 1961; killed two more with same MO upon 1973 release
•Lee Roy Martin: AKA "The Gaffney Strangler"; killed two women and two girls in South Carolina in 1967 and 1968
•Rhonda Belle Martin: Alabama poisoner who murdered six family members; suspected of poisoning at least nine; executed in 1957
•David Mason: strangled four elderly neighbours in 1980 and his cellmate in 1982 having been imprisoned on lesser charges; suspected of shooting dead his boyfriend
•David Edward Maust: convicted of killing five teenage boys; one in Germany in 1974, another in 1981, and three he buried in his basement in Hammond, Indiana in 2003
•David Meirhofer: killed three children and an ex-girlfriend between 1966 and 1974; first serial killer apprehended by offender profiling
•Frederick Mors: Austrian who killed 17 elderly patients by poisoning in New York
•Herbert Mullin: schizophrenic in Santa Cruz, California who killed people to prevent earthquakes; convicted of 10 murders and confessed to three others
•Earle Nelson: AKA "Gorilla Man"; necrophiliac convicted and hanged for one murder; implicated in about 20 others
•Marie Noe: murdered eight of her children between 1949 and 1968
•Gordon Northcott: AKA "The Wineville Chicken Coop Murders"; California man who confessed to kidnapping, raping and murdering young boys with the aid of his mother, Sarah Louise Northcott in the 1920s; convicted of 3 murders, suspected of perhaps 20, executed in 1930
•Carl Panzram: murderer, rapist and arsonist; convicted of two murders; confessed to 19 others; executed in 1930
•Gerald Parker: AKA "The Bedroom Basher" raped and murdered five women and killed the unborn baby of a sixth woman in Orange County, California
•Louise Peete: convicted of murdering a man and woman decades apart, four other acquaintances died suspiciously and four husbands committed suicide
•Steven Brian Pennell: AKA "The Corridor Killer"; convicted of torture-murdering two women, pleaded no contest to two more and suspected of a fifth in Delaware in 1987 and 1988
•Christopher Peterson: AKA "The Shotgun Killer", confessed to shooting seven people with a shotgun in a killing spree spanning from October 30, 1990 to December 18, 1990 in Indiana
•Craig Price: AKA "The Warwick Slasher"; teenager who stabbed two women and two children in Rhode Island in the late 1980s
•Cleophus Prince Jr.: AKA "The Clairemont Killer"; raped and killed six women in San Diego in 1990
•Dorothea Puente: convicted of three killings in Sacramento, California during the 1980s; suspected of six others
•Dennis Rader: AKA "The BTK Killer"; killed ten people between 1974 and 1991 in Sedgwick County, Kansas
•Richard Ramirez: AKA "The Night Stalker"; terrorized Los Angeles in 1984 and 1985; convicted of 14 murders
•David Parker Ray: convicted of rape and torture and sentenced to 224 years in prison; FBI believes he was responsible for the deaths of 60 women in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
•Melvin Rees: AKA "The Sex Beast"; shot and defiled a woman in 1957, torture-murdered a family of four in 1959 and suspected in four other killings
•Paul Dennis Reid: killed seven people during armed robberies between February and April 1997
•Ángel Maturino Reséndiz: killed nine people in Texas, Kentucky, and Illinois
•Gary Ridgway: AKA "The Green River Killer"; convicted of murdering 49 women in Washington state
•Joel Rifkin: murdered 17 women in the New York City and Long Island areas
•Harvey Miguel Robinson: teenager who stalked, raped and killed three women in Allentown, Pennsylvania in 1992 and 1993
•John Edward Robinson: AKA "The Cyber Sex Killer"; lured victims through the internet; convicted of murdering six women in Missouri and Kansas
•Dayton Leroy Rogers: murdered at least six women in Oregon
•Danny Rolling: pleaded guilty to murdering five students in Florida; executed in 2006
•Michael Bruce Ross: raped and murdered seven women in Connecticut; executed May 13, 2005
•Efren Saldivar: respiratory therapist who killed six patients, possibly as many as 120
•Altemio Sanchez: AKA "The Bike Path Rapist"; responsible for three murders and numerous rapes spanning a 25-year period in Buffalo, New York; currently serving three consecutive 75 years-to-life sentences for the murders
•Gerard John Schaefer: Florida police officer who killed up to 34 women and girls
•Charles Schmid: AKA "The Pied Piper of Tucson"; murdered three teenage girls in 1964 and 1965 and buried them in the desert
•Heriberto Seda: New York City copycat killer of the "Zodiac Killer" active from 1990 to 1994; convicted of shooting eight individuals, killing three; sentenced to life imprisonment in 1998
•Tommy Lynn Sells: convicted of only one murder; admitted to murdering dozens of people across the United States, possibly in excess of 70 although only six are confirmed
•Arthur Shawcross: AKA "The Genesee River Killer"; convicted of 12 murders; confessed to one more
•Anthony Allen Shore: AKA "The Tourniquet Killer"; convicted of strangling a woman with an unusual ligature in 1992 and confessed to killing three girls including two with same MO
•Robert Shulman: convicted of murdering five prostitutes between 1991 and 1996
•Daniel Lee Siebert: convicted of 1979 manslaughter; killed nine people across America in three months in mid-1980s including two children and a Southside Slayer victim
•Robert Joseph Silveria, Jr.: AKA "Sidetrack"; freight train rider convicted of beating to death four fellow transients in 1995 and confessed to dozens more
•Lemuel Smith: confessed to the murders of five people, including an on-duty female prison guard
•Morris Solomon Jr.: handyman who killed six young women between 1986 and 1987 in Sacramento, California
•Lyda Southard: first and fourth husbands' 'typhoid' deaths due to arsenic; first husband's brother poisoned and daughter died; two other husbands died of 'flu'
•Anthony Sowell: AKA "The Cleveland Strangler" and "The Imperial Avenue Murderer"; convicted of raping and murdering 11 women between 2007 and 2009, leaving their bodies in his house in Cleveland
•Timothy Wilson Spencer: AKA "The Southside Strangler"; raped and killed five women in Virginia between 1984 and 1987
•Jack Owen Spillman: AKA "The Werewolf Butcher"; killed two girls and the mother of one of them in Washington State in 1994 and 1995
•Edward Spreitzer: AKA "The Chicago Rippers"; as part of a satanic cult, raped and mutilated at least four women and also killed a man in Chicago
•Gerald Stano: convicted murderer of 41 women; executed in 1998
•Charles Starkweather: murdered 11 people throughout Nebraska in two months the late 1950s with his girlfriend; executed in 1959
•Cary Stayner: killed four women in Yosemite, California
•William Suff: AKA "The Riverside Prostitute Killer"; killed 12 women near Riverside, California
•Michael Swango: physician and surgeon who poisoned over 30 of his patients and colleagues
•James Swann: AKA "The Shotgun Stalker"; schizophrenic who killed four people in drive-by shootings in Washington, D.C. in 1993 because he heard the voice of Malcolm X
•John Floyd Thomas, Jr.: AKA "The Southland Strangler" and The "Westside Rapist"; convicted of raping and murdering seven elderly women in Los Angeles between 1972 and 1986 and suspected of 10-15 more
•Marybeth Tinning: New York woman who smothered nine of her children to death
•Ottis Toole: Henry Lee Lucas' accomplice; convicted of six murders in Florida; confessed to but never tried for Adam Walsh's murder
•Jane Toppan: nurse and lust murderer who poisoned at least 31 patients and relatives in Massachusetts up to the turn of the 20th century
•Maury Travis: St. Louis area torture killer of 12–17 prostitutes from 2000 to 2002
•Chester Turner: convicted of murdering ten women and a viable unborn baby in South Los Angeles between 1987 and 1998
•Henry Louis Wallace: Charlotte, North Carolina killer of at least nine young women from 1992 to 1994
•Faryion Wardrip: killed five young women around Wichita Falls, Texas between 1984 and 1986
•Karl F. Warner: convicted of murdering three teenage girls, in two separate incidents (between 1969–1971), in the San Francisco Bay Area communities of San Jose and Saratoga
•Carl Eugene Watts: convicted of two murders; admitted to killing 80 people in Texas and Michigan; possibly guilty of 100 murders
•Nathaniel White: convicted of stabbing to death six women in the Hudson Valley, New York area from 1991 to 1992
•Christopher Wilder: AKA "The Beauty Queen Killer"; millionaire Australian realtor who killed eight women in seven weeks in 1984
•Scott Williams: killed and mutilated three women between 1997 and 2006
•Wayne Williams: convicted of two murders; police claim his arrest solved 23 in the string of 28 Atlanta Child Murders
•Randall Woodfield: AKA "The I-5 Killer" and "The I-5 Bandit"; convicted of four murders; believed responsible for 14 others
•Aileen Wuornos: shot six men dead in Florida; executed in 2002
•Robert Lee Yates: murdered at least 16 women in Spokane County, Washington
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:35:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Why not kill worthless fuck bags like pimps and drug dealers instead of some 18 - 24 year old cheerleader in her prime?

Bundy liked kiling them because they reminded him of a girl who broke his heart.

I will never figure out why Bundy could get women to write him love letters while he was in prison & I can't get a GF. That is just pure WTF'ery.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why not kill worthless fuck bags like pimps and drug dealers instead of some 18 - 24 year old cheerleader in her prime?

Bundy liked kiling them because they reminded him of a girl who broke his heart.

I will never figure out why Bundy could get women to write him love letters while he was in prison & I can't get a GF. That is just pure WTF'ery.

Danny Rolling had a fan base too... Hell I think he even got married to one of his female fans while in prison.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Henry Lee Lucas.

•Henry Lee Lucas: convicted of 11 murders and confessed to approximately 3,000 others, although most of his confessions are considered outlandish; a task force set up to investigate his claims suggested that the true number of his murders may be as high as 213

I sat in on an interview with him in 1999. (He died in 2001)  and watched the videos of  his other interviews.  A lot of his claims were outlandish, esp later ones.    Essentially, he would "confess" to get better treatment in prison.

That said, I have no doubt he killed about 30, to include his mother and underage lover.  A traveling laborer  and generally homeless person who preyed on OTHER homeless people and runaways,  I really doubt even HE knew how many victims he killed, or even where.

I find the serial killer couples to be very interesting.  Usually some sexual component and a very "spur of the moment" feel to those.

Google  Charlene and Gerald Gallego   (maybe Gallegio) (sp)
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:21:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Henry Lee Lucas.

I sat in on an interview with him in 1999. (He died in 2001)  and watched the videos of  his other interviews.  A lot of his claims were outlandish, esp later ones.    Essentially, he would "confess" to get better treatment in prison.

That said, I have no doubt he killed about 30, to include his mother and underage lover.  A traveling laborer  and generally homeless person who preyed on OTHER homeless people and runaways,  I really doubt even HE knew how many victims he killed, or even where.

I find the serial killer couples to be very interesting.  Usually some sexual component and a very "spur of the moment" feel to those.

Google  Charlene and Gerald Gallego   (maybe Gallegio) (sp)

HLL is definitely interesting to me. Have a few things done by him.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Now stop for a minute to consider how many are walking amongst us right now.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those that I've met, yes-to include a trio of attractive BAMs (broad-assed Marines) that really liked him.  The mother of his son and daughter is a complete skank, and he keeps going back to her nasty ass despite having accomplished, attractive women who seem to want to turn him around and help him get his shit together (to include one good looking Italian gal who loved to cook and came from a successful family).  He's not a bad looking kid, but he's gauged his ears and has tats up and down both arms, so he's not the clean-cut young man I raised him to be.  

He's not violent or aggressive, just stupid about following simple laws.  Just enough of a drama queen to get the attention of the lovelies, without being evil.  Oh, and he's utterly pussy-whipped.    

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#17]
White folk are GTG unless their full name contains any two of the following:

Wayne

Lee

Carl

Henry

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would like to see stats on kids that are cruel to animals grow up to be serial killers. That seems dumber to me than race.

Obama ate dogs as a kid, he sure is doing his best killing America.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Theres at least one active in Detroit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to see stats on kids that are cruel to animals grow up to be serial killers. That seems dumber to me than race.

That's just one of the three most mentioned risk factors.
1) cruelty to small animals
2) history of bed wetting
3) history of setting small fires

Three out of three is fairly consistent.

Google, Harold Schecter. He has written some really good books on some of the worst of these people; Ed Gein, Albert Fish and theguy (can't remember his name) who built the "murder mansion" in Chicago during the time of the Chicago World's Fair in the late nineteenth century (when was that? 1890? or so). It has been years since I have made this subject the focus of my studies.
H. H. Holmes

thank you.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The very best serial killers never get caught and in fact, nobody even realizes the killings are the work of a serial killer.

A really intelligent killer works totally alone,  blabs to NOBODY, and never does anything the same way twice.  This time it'll be with a shotgun,
next time, a knife.  Then, a drowning.  Then a bizarre gardening accident.  Then an apparent death by animal action.  All in different places,
at different times,  for different apparent motives...and never any hard evidence.

I have no doubt that there are some such "perfect" serial killers running around.  And they may never be caught.

CJ

I think it's more a matter of preying on people that no one cares about.  Prostitutes, runaways, etc.  No one misses them, not much effort made to find them.  

And the fact that they're typically not related to their victims in any way.  Most people that are murdered are murdered by somebody they know.  I imagine if you wanted to kill a random stranger it would be fairly easy to get away with with just a little planning.  Even easier if you're traveling around the country doing it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think one of y'all should start a minority crime thread here like they have on Stormfront.  Never mind that they're racists, fuck them; facts can't be racist, so it shouldn't be a big deal, right?  If you feel this is important and the information is factual, why be opposed to it?

I really don't think I understand what you are getting at.

Are you insinuating that I am racist for starting this thread?  Or are you saying that it is racist to even examine the statement that we've all been hearing tossed around as gospel for a couple decades now?

Or are you saying that those against this examination are approaching it from a racist perspective?

As I said, I simply decided to do a quick internet search based upon a "fact" cited numerous times on another thread to satisfy my own curiosity as to whether the statement was valid.

Turns out–– based upon my quick search–– that it IS valid, but salient information is left out of the statement that allows the statistic to be used for racist purpose in itself.

So, I ask you.... what is the worst offense?  That half the information is routinely cited in order to make a racial point, or that the information is more closely examined, and it is discovered that there could be implications that look less-than-favorable for another race?

I feel that the former is worse.  Whenever half-truths are used to reinforce arguments, it becomes intellectual dishonesty, and serves agendas.  Whenever that information has EVER been quoted in my presence, it has ALWAYS been used to further an argument founded in race.

I'm simply saying that if we ARE going to have that discussion, we better damned well be honest.
–– John
If you think this is important and factual, why not start a "minority crime thread?"  That's all I'm asking.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think one of y'all should start a minority crime thread here like they have on Stormfront.  Never mind that they're racists, fuck them; facts can't be racist, so it shouldn't be a big deal, right?  If you feel this is important and the information is factual, why be opposed to it?

Are you insinuating that I am racist for starting this thread?  Or are you saying that it is racist to even examine the statement that we've all been hearing tossed around as gospel for a couple decades now?

Or are you saying that those against this examination are approaching it from a racist perspective?

As I said, I simply decided to do a quick internet search based upon a "fact" cited numerous times on another thread to satisfy my own curiosity as to whether the statement was valid.

Turns out–– based upon my quick search–– that it IS valid, but salient information is left out of the statement that allows the statistic to be used for racist purpose in itself.

So, I ask you.... what is the worst offense?  That half the information is routinely cited in order to make a racial point, or that the information is more closely examined, and it is discovered that there could be implications that look less-than-favorable for another race?

I feel that the former is worse.  Whenever half-truths are used to reinforce arguments, it becomes intellectual dishonesty, and serves agendas.  Whenever that information has EVER been quoted in my presence, it has ALWAYS been used to further an argument founded in race.

I'm simply saying that if we ARE going to have that discussion, we better damned well be honest.
–– John

Ignore him.  Calling other racist is his trolling schtick.  That's pretty much all he did in the Trayvon Martin death thread. (The second thread has lots of examples.)  

Remember, there are some members here that are barely qualified as "gun people" and frequent other boards where they get indoctrinated with all kinds of strangeness.  (Me for example, I hang out with those absolutely crazy set of loons that think guns are a right, and as such, can be carried openly.)
Quote one example of that.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

–– John
If you think this is important and factual, why not start a "minority crime thread?"  That's all I'm asking.

I find it to be important for one primary reason:  The statement has been thrown around at LEAST since I first heard it in 1994.  It is practically always used to make a racial point, and it turns out that it isn't accurate.  It becomes important because it is parroted by people who do not know any better, or who don't verify.  Hell, we see that in our own community.

Do you NOT feel that it is important to correct inaccurate information used in our social diatribe?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Since most means a majority, the statement is correct even if minorities are overrepresented.  Correct?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

–– John

I find it to be important for one primary reason:  The statement has been thrown around at LEAST since I first heard it in 1994.  It is practically always used to make a racial point, and it turns out that it isn't accurate.  It becomes important because it is parroted by people who do not know any better, or who don't verify.  Hell, we see that in our own community.

Do you NOT feel that it is important to correct inaccurate information used in our social diatribe?

How is it not accurate?  Most of them are, according to the statistics you cited. You noted that blacks being ~32% of serial killers is out of proportion with the percentage of blacks in the general population, which is an entirely different concept, a concept which certainly is "practically always used to make a racial point."

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm more curious as to why you looked into this at all. Was it pure curiosity which caused some time spent on the ol' Google, or were you upset that it was "another attack against the white man!" as I have heard so many people say?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Daddy allways says "Son If you're gonna do something do it right" So I ate his liver......
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quote one example of that.

Those passive-aggressive pussy ass coward "stormfront" references are the same as directly calling someone a racist.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#31]
It goes along with racist comments like only white guys are homos.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Black Serial/Mass/Spree Killer List:
1. Matthew Emanuel Macon (Murdered and Raped 5 White Women in Lansing)
2. Jimmie Reed (Murdered his wife and his 2 month old daughter and set them on fire)
3. Shelly Brooks (Murdered 7 prostitutes in Detroit Cass Corridor)
4. Justin Blackshere (Stabbed two white cooks at Cheli’s Chili downtown Detroit)
5. Jervon Miguel Coleman (Murdered three people.)
6. Donell Ramon Johnson (Murdered a mother and a daughter)
7. Brian Ranard Davis (6 women known murdered by nigger)
8. Paul Durousseau (Seven women)
9. Mark Goudeau “The Baseline Killer” (Eight women and a man in 2005-2006)
10. Coral Eugene Watts (11 women in Texas & 1 in Michigan)
11. Anthony McKnight (Five girls and young women)
12. Derrick Todd Lee (8 Women)
13. Charles Lendelle Carter (4 known murders; admits to ‘hunting’ Atlantans for 15 years!)
14. The Zebra Killings (71 White people)
15. Chester Turner (L.A.s most prolific killer 12 women killed.)
16. Lorenzo J. Gilyard (Kansas City, MO.—13 victims)
17. Eugene Victor Britt (Gary, IN.–3 known murder/rapes.)
18. Reginald and Jonathan Carr (The Wichita Massacre–6 Whites murdered)
19. Ray Joseph Dandridge and his uncle, Ricky Gevon Gray (Richmond, VA.–Murdered 7 people in 7 days, including an entire White family.)
20. The Tinley Park Murderer (Suspect hasn’t been found but has been described as black – murdered 5 women in a store.)
21. Henry Louis Wallace (Raped and strangled 5 women to death.)
22. Charles Johnston (Murdered 3 unarmed white men in hospital)
23. Craig Price (Brutally murdered 3 women)
24. Harrison Graham (Brually Murdered 3 women)
25. Charles Lee “Cookie” Thornton (Murdered 6 Whites at the Kirkwood, MO. city council. )
26. & 27. Darnell Hartsfeld & Romeo Pinkerton (Abducted and Murdered 5 from a restaurant)
28 &29. John Allen Muhammad & Lee Boyd Malvo (Sniped 11 people from a car in DC, 9 died.)
30. George Russell (3 women, WA state)
31. Timothy W. Spencer (5 killed, Arlington, VA and Richmond, VA)
32. Elton M. Jackson (12 gay men killed, Norfolk, VA area)
33. Carlton Gary (3 killed in Columbus, GA)
34. Mohammed Adam Omar (16 women, Yemen. Omar is Sudanese.)
35. Kendall Francois (8 women, Poughkeepsie, NY and surrounding areas.)
36. Terry A. Blair (8 women, Kansas City area)
37. Wayne Williams (33 many of them children!, Atlanta, GA)
38. Vaughn Greenwood (11 killed in LA)
39. Andre Crawford (10 killed in Chicago – southside)
40. Calvin Jackson (9 killed possibley more in NY)
41. Gregory Klepper (killed 8, Chicago – southside)
42. Alton Coleman (Killed 8 in the Midwest)
43. Harrison Graham (killed 7+ in N. Philadelphia)
44. Cleophus Prince (6 killed in, San Diego
45. Robert Rozier (7 killed in, Miami)
46. Maurice Byrd (killed 20 + in St. Louis)
47. Maury Travis (17 and rising, St. Louis and possibly also Atlanta)
48. Hulon Mitchell, a.k.a. Yahweh Ben Yahweh (killed 20+ in Florida)
49. Lorenzo Fayne (killed 5 children in East St. Louis, IL)
50. Paul Durousseau, (killed 6, two of which were pregnant women, Jacksonville, FL; Georgia.)
51. Eddie Lee Mosley (killed 25 to 30 women, south Florida)
52. Henry Lee Jones (killed 4 in, south Florida; Bartlett, TN)
53. Richard “Babyface” Jameswhite (15 killed in, New York; Georgia.)
54. Donald E. Younge, Jr. (killed 4), East St. Louis, IL; Salt Lake City, UT.
55. Ivan Hill (killed 6 in Los Angeles area).
56. Michael Vernon (Bronx, NY. Killed at least seven people – )
57. Chester Dewayne Turner (12 women killed in, Los Angeles)

yu can pick out the white V black
and do the math...does haveing a brother who is 1/2 black and 1/2 hispanic make me a rascist? somthing I honestly never think about..he's my brother..
•Charles Albright: AKA "The Eyeball Killer"; convicted of murdering three prostitutes in Dallas, Texas; sentenced to life imprisonment in 1994
•Rodney Alcala: AKA "The Dating Game Killer"; convicted rapist and serial killer
•Amy Archer-Gilligan: poisoned a husband and four of her nursing home's residents with arsenic or strychnine in Windsor, Connecticut in the 1910s
•Benjamin Atkins: AKA "The Woodward Corridor Killer"; mission-oriented killer who raped and strangled eleven women in Detroit in 1991 and 1992
•Joe Ball: AKA "The Alligator Man"; killed at least 20 women in the early 20th century in Texas
•Velma Barfield: two husbands and two boyfriends died mysteriously with two proving to be arsenic poisoning; confessed to killing three more including her mother
•Herb Baumeister: suspected of killing 20+ men along I-70; fled and committed suicide after remains of 11 were found on his Westfield, Indiana property
•Bloody Benders: family who killed guests at their inn in Labette County, Kansas in 1872
•Robert Berdella: convicted of killing six men in 1988 in Kansas City, Missouri; sexually tortured and dismembered his victims
•David Berkowitz: AKA "Son of Sam" and "The .44 Caliber Killer"; convicted of six murders in New York
•Kenneth Bianchi and Angelo Buono Jr: AKA "The Hillside Strangler"; killers of 12 women and possibly involved in three other killings
•Richard Biegenwald: convicted of killing five people in the early 1980s in the Asbury Park, New Jersey area; suspected in at least six other murders
•Arthur Gary Bishop: Utah man who murdered five young boys; executed in 1988
•Lawrence Bittaker and Roy Norris: kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered five girls in 1979
•Terry Blair: Kansas City serial killer and rapist; active 1982–2004
•William Bonin: AKA "The Freeway Killer"; with several accomplices, claimed the lives of 20 boys in California
•Dallen Bounds: killed two strangers, his girlfriend and her ex-husband in 1999
•Gary Ray Bowles: beat and strangled six men to death to steal their credit cards in 1994
•Briley Brothers: three brothers and an accomplice responsible for 11 murders in the 1970s in Richmond, Virginia
•Jerry Brudos: AKA "The Lust Killer" and "Shoe Fetish Slayer"; killed at least 4 women in Oregon
•Judy Buenoano: poisoned her husband, boyfriend and son with arsenic in the 1970s; drowned the son in 1980 but caught in 1983 after poisoning and car bombing a fiancee
•Ted Bundy: law student who raped and murdered more than 35 women in six states; escaped from prison twice before being executed in Florida State Prison on January 24, 1989
•Ricardo Caputo: AKA "The Lady Killer"; visionary Argentine bluebeard who strangled four women across North America in the 1970s becoming one of the FBI 10 Most Wanted
•Harvey Carignan: AKA "The Want-Ad Killer"; raped and beat four young women to death in 1972 and 1973 having escaped hanging for a 1949 killing on a technicality
•David Carpenter: AKA "The Trailside Killer"; murdered five women on San Francisco-area hiking trails between 1979 and 1981
•Michael Bear Carson and Suzan Carson: nomadic hippie killers involved in the counter-culture movement; suspects in 12 homicides; sentenced to life imprisonment for three San Francisco Bay Area murders in 1983
•Dean Carter: murdered at least four women
•Richard Chase: AKA "The Vampire of Sacramento"; murdered six people in California the 1970s
•Thor Nis Christiansen: shot dead and committed necrophilia on four young women in Isla Vista, California in the late 1970s
•Joseph Christopher: AKA "The Midtown Slasher"; racist who killed 12 African Americans in 1980 and 1981, mutilating two of them
•Doug Clark and Carol M. Bundy: AKA "The Sunset Strip Killers"; killed at least seven people during 1980
•Cynthia Coffman: kidnapped four women by ATMs before accomplice strangled them in five weeks in 1986
•Carroll Cole: killed 16 people between 1948 and 1980; executed in 1985
•Alton Coleman: multi-state killer whose killings took place during two months in 1984; convicted of murder in three states
•John Norman Collins: AKA "The Co-Ed Killer"; committed murders in Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor between 1967 and 1969
•Ray and Faye Copeland: oldest couple ever sentenced to death in the United States at the ages of 75 and 69; convicted of killing five men; modus operandi was to hire unskilled drifters as farm hands and later kill them
•Dean Corll and Elmer Wayne Henley: committed the Houston Mass Murders in the 1970s
•Juan Corona: California killer convicted of murdering 25 men in 1971
•Tony Costa: killed, dismembered and mutilated four women in Cape Cod in the late 1960s; linked to at least four other deaths and disappearances
•Richard Cottingham: AKA "The Torso Killer"; convicted of murdering six women around New York City between 1967 and 1980
•Juan Covington: shot dead three people including his cousin and a co-worker in Philadelphia in 1998 and 2005
•Andre Crawford: a convicted serial killer, who killed 11 women between 1993 to 1997
•Charles Cullen: nurse in New Jersey and Pennsylvania who killed as many as 40 patients through lethal injection
•Andrew Cunanan: shot dead two friends and two strangers in two weeks in Spring 1997; killed Gianni Versace two months later before committing suicide
•Jeffrey Dahmer: Milwaukee, Wisconsin cannibal who kept heads, skulls and body parts in his apartment for sexual gratification; convicted of 15 murders, but was responsible for two others
•Thomas Dillon: serial sniper who killed five men in southeastern Ohio between 1989 and 1992
•Westley Allan Dodd: raped and murdered three boys in 1989; executed on January 5, 1993
•Ronald Dominique: confessed to raping and murdering at least 23 men in Louisiana; sentenced to eight life sentences in 2008
•Nannie Doss: AKA "The Giggling Granny" and "The Jolly Black Widow"; serial poisoner who killed 11 family members
•Brian Dugan: convicted of murdering two girls and a woman between 1983 and 1985
•Joseph E. Duncan III: abducted and murdered a boy in 1997; bludgeoned three people to death in 2005 home invasion to abduct two more children, one of whom he shot weeks later
•Paul Durousseau: murdered seven in southeast United States between 1997 and 2003; may have killed while stationed in Germany with the Army
•Edward Edwards: shot a young couple in 1977 and stabbed and strangled another in 1980; died months prior to execution for shooting his foster son in 1996 insurance murder
•Mack Ray Edwards: convicted of murdering three children after confessing to the murders of six in Los Angeles County between 1953 and 1969; claimed at one point to have killed as many as 18
•Walter Ellis: AKA "The Milwaukee North Side Strangler"; convicted of killing seven prostitutes in Wisconsin between 1986 and 2007
•Scott Erskine: convicted of raping and murdering a woman in 1989 and the torture-murders of two boys in 1993
•Donald Leroy Evans: convicted of two stranglings and police closed the file on another; suspected of another dozen murders but recanted confessions to over 50 more
•Gary Evans: antique thief who shot to death two shop owners and three accomplices who he suspected of stealing from him between 1985 and 1997
•Richard Evonitz: abducted and killed three girls in Spotsylvania County, Virginia in 1996 and 1997
•Larry Eyler: AKA "The Interstate Killer"; convicted of murdering two young men and confessed to stabbing and mutilating 20 more in 1982 and 1983
•Raymond Fernandez and Martha Beck: AKA "The Lonely Hearts Killers"; killed at least three women and one child in the 1940s but suspected in up to 20 murders in New York and Michigan
•Albert Fish: AKA "The Werewolf of Wisteria"; sadist and pedophile who cannibalized several children; convicted of one murder, confessed to 2 others, claimed to have molested 100 children
•Wayne Adam Ford: AKA "Wayward Wayne"; confessed to murdering four women; believed to have killed others
•Kendall Francois: serial killer from Poughkeepsie, New York who targeted prostitutes; after strangling the women, he would store them in various crawl spaces in and around his home
•Joseph Paul Franklin: racist serial killer who targeted interracial couples and attempted to assassinate Larry Flynt and Vernon Jordan; convicted of 11 murders and confessed to nine others
•John Wayne Gacy: AKA "The Killer Clown"; killer of at least 33 men and boys; kept bodies buried under his Chicago home
•Gerald and Charlene Gallego: AKA "The Gallego Sex Slaves Killers"; kidnapped, raped and killed victims in the late 1970s; most of them were teenagers
•Carlton Gary: convicted of the murders of seven elderly women in Georgia
•Donald Henry "Peewee" Gaskins: AKA "The Meanest Man in America"; convicted of nine murders; confessed to more than 200; executed on September 6, 1991
•Ed Gein: two known victims, one suspected victim, four missing persons; elements of Gein's life and crimes have inspired, at least in part, the films Psycho and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, and the novel/movie The Silence of the Lambs
•Janie Lou Gibbs: Georgia poisoner who killed five family members
•Bertha Gifford: found not guilty of three arsenic poisonings by reason of insanity and suspected of 14 other killings, mostly of children, in Missouri
•Kristen Gilbert: AKA "The Angel of Death"; nurse convicted of killing four by epinephrine injection
•Sean Vincent Gillis: convicted of killing and mutilating seven women in Baton Rouge in competition with Derrick Todd Lee between 1994 and 2004
•Lorenzo Gilyard: killed up to 13 prostitutes in the Kansas City area 1977 to 1993
•Harvey Glatman: AKA "The Lonely Hearts Killer"; Californian rapist and killer of three women; lured women to pose for "bondage photographs"; executed September 18, 1959
•Billy Glaze: mission-oriented killer convicted of raping and murdering three Native American prostitutes in Minneapolis in 1986 and 1987
•Billy Gohl: union official linked with the disappearances of over 40 sailors in Aberdeen, Washington in the early 20th century
•Mark Goudeau: AKA "The Baseline Killer"; convicted of nine murders in Phoenix, Arizona
•Gwendolyn Graham and Cathy Wood: Michigan duo who murdered five elderly nursing home residents in their care and claimed to have killed another
•Dana Sue Gray: convicted of murder of three elderly women and attempted murder of a fourth in California
•Ricky Gray: killed his wife days after his nephew came home from jail; eight weeks later they killed seven people in home invasions in Richmond, Virginia in the first week of 2006
•Vaughn Greenwood: convicted of nine counts of murder, including eight of the "Skid Row Slasher" killings in southern California
•Belle Gunness: Norwegian-born murder-for-profit killer who killed her suitors and children in Indiana
•Anna Marie Hahn: German-born murder-for-profit killer who poisoned five elderly men; executed in 1938
•William Hance: AKA "The Forces Of Evil"; soldier who used the murders of Carlton Gary as an excuse for killing four women around military bases in 1977 and 1978
•Robert Hansen: Alaskan baker who killed prostitutes at his cabin; convicted of four murders but admitted to 11 others
•Harpe Brothers: AKA "Bloody Harpes"; Micajah "Big" Harpe (1768? – August 1799) and Wiley "Little" Harpe (1770? – January 1804), America's first known serial killers were credited with the murders of 40 men, women, and children.
•Donald Harvey: AKA "The Angel of Death"; hospital orderly; confessed to more than 80 "mercy killings" with 37 confirmed killings
•Charles Ray Hatcher: convicted of two child murders in 1978 and 1982 having killed another in 1969; also stabbed to death a fellow inmate and another man 20 years apart
•Dale Hausner: Convicted of killing 6 people in random drive-by shootings in 2006 in Phoenix, Arizona
•William Heirens: AKA "The Lipstick Killer"; confessed to three murders spanning from June 1945 to January 1946
•Loren Herzog and Wesley Shermantine: AKA "Speed Freak Killers"; California duo initially convicted of 7 murders, and suspected in the deaths of as many as 15 people from 1984 to 1999
•Johann Otto Hoch: AKA "The Stockyard Bluebeard"; German who married dozens of US women around the turn of the 20th century, before poisoning them with arsenic
•Dr. H. H. Holmes: active from 1890 to 1894 during Chicago's 1893 World's Columbian Exposition; convicted of only one murder but definitively tied to at least eight more and confessed to a total of 27
•Waneta Hoyt: New York woman who murdered her five children
•Michael Hughes: killed six women and a schoolgirl in the South Los Angeles area between 1986 and 1993, including a Southside Slayer victim
•Leslie Irvin: AKA "Mad Dog"; convicted of killing six people in Indiana in the mid-1950s; his Supreme Court case set a precedent for fair trials of highly publicized defendants
•Phillip Carl Jablonski: killed at least four women in California and Utah
•Keith Hunter Jesperson: AKA "The Happy Face Killer"; killed 8 women between 1990 and 1995
•Martha Ann Johnson: convicted of smothering three of her children in Atlanta between 1977 and 1982
•Vincent Johnson: AKA "The Brooklyn Strangler"; a homeless crack addict who killed at least five prostitutes
•Genene Jones: Texas pediatric nurse who poisoned infants in her care; convicted of only one murder but suspected of 10 or more others
•John Joubert: AKA "The Nebraska Boy Snatcher"; stabbed three children to death in 1982 and 1983
•Joseph Kallinger: with his son as an accomplice killed two children including another son in 1974; also killed a woman during a robbery in 1975
•Patrick Kearney: necrophiliac convicted of 21 murders in California and admitted to seven other murders
•Edmund Kemper: AKA "The Co-Ed Killer"; started killing when he was 15 years old in Santa Cruz, California; convicted of six murders and implicated in four others
•Scott Lee Kimball: AKA "Joe Snitch"; FBI informant who pleaded guilty to two of at least four murders in Colorado including those of his uncle and three female acquaintances
•Tillie Klimek: Chicago woman who poisoned five husbands; sentenced to life imprisonment
•Paul John Knowles: raped and murdered 18 people
•Randy Steven Kraft: convicted of the murders of 16 young men and boys; suspected of 51 others in California
•Timothy Krajcir: confessed to killing more than nine women—five in Missouri and four others in Illinois and Pennsylvania
•Peter Kudzinowski: killed children in New Jersey in the 1920s
•Leonard Lake and Charles Ng: ex-Marines and survivalists; killed at least 11 people and suspected of 25 in Wilseyville, California; collected and murdered female sex slaves
•Derrick Todd Lee: AKA "The Baton Rouge Serial Killer"; convicted of two murders; linked by DNA evidence to five others
•Bobbie Joe Long: AKA "The Classified Ad Rapist"; killed 10 women in Tampa Bay, Florida in 1984
•Kenneth McDuff: AKA "The Broomstick Killer"; death sentence for 1966 triple-murder commuted; killed three days after 1989 parole and ten further times in Waco, Texas until 1992
•Orville Lynn Majors: nurse convicted of murdering six patients in Clinton, Indiana; suspected of 130 killings between 1993 and 1995
•Richard Laurence Marquette: first 11th name on FBI 10 Most Wanted for killing, mutilating and dismembering woman in 1961; killed two more with same MO upon 1973 release
•Lee Roy Martin: AKA "The Gaffney Strangler"; killed two women and two girls in South Carolina in 1967 and 1968
•Rhonda Belle Martin: Alabama poisoner who murdered six family members; suspected of poisoning at least nine; executed in 1957
•David Mason: strangled four elderly neighbours in 1980 and his cellmate in 1982 having been imprisoned on lesser charges; suspected of shooting dead his boyfriend
•David Edward Maust: convicted of killing five teenage boys; one in Germany in 1974, another in 1981, and three he buried in his basement in Hammond, Indiana in 2003
•David Meirhofer: killed three children and an ex-girlfriend between 1966 and 1974; first serial killer apprehended by offender profiling
•Frederick Mors: Austrian who killed 17 elderly patients by poisoning in New York
•Herbert Mullin: schizophrenic in Santa Cruz, California who killed people to prevent earthquakes; convicted of 10 murders and confessed to three others
•Earle Nelson: AKA "Gorilla Man"; necrophiliac convicted and hanged for one murder; implicated in about 20 others
•Marie Noe: murdered eight of her children between 1949 and 1968
•Gordon Northcott: AKA "The Wineville Chicken Coop Murders"; California man who confessed to kidnapping, raping and murdering young boys with the aid of his mother, Sarah Louise Northcott in the 1920s; convicted of 3 murders, suspected of perhaps 20, executed in 1930
•Carl Panzram: murderer, rapist and arsonist; convicted of two murders; confessed to 19 others; executed in 1930
•Gerald Parker: AKA "The Bedroom Basher" raped and murdered five women and killed the unborn baby of a sixth woman in Orange County, California
•Louise Peete: convicted of murdering a man and woman decades apart, four other acquaintances died suspiciously and four husbands committed suicide
•Steven Brian Pennell: AKA "The Corridor Killer"; convicted of torture-murdering two women, pleaded no contest to two more and suspected of a fifth in Delaware in 1987 and 1988
•Christopher Peterson: AKA "The Shotgun Killer", confessed to shooting seven people with a shotgun in a killing spree spanning from October 30, 1990 to December 18, 1990 in Indiana
•Craig Price: AKA "The Warwick Slasher"; teenager who stabbed two women and two children in Rhode Island in the late 1980s
•Cleophus Prince Jr.: AKA "The Clairemont Killer"; raped and killed six women in San Diego in 1990
•Dorothea Puente: convicted of three killings in Sacramento, California during the 1980s; suspected of six others
•Dennis Rader: AKA "The BTK Killer"; killed ten people between 1974 and 1991 in Sedgwick County, Kansas
•Richard Ramirez: AKA "The Night Stalker"; terrorized Los Angeles in 1984 and 1985; convicted of 14 murders
•David Parker Ray: convicted of rape and torture and sentenced to 224 years in prison; FBI believes he was responsible for the deaths of 60 women in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
•Melvin Rees: AKA "The Sex Beast"; shot and defiled a woman in 1957, torture-murdered a family of four in 1959 and suspected in four other killings
•Paul Dennis Reid: killed seven people during armed robberies between February and April 1997
•Ángel Maturino Reséndiz: killed nine people in Texas, Kentucky, and Illinois
•Gary Ridgway: AKA "The Green River Killer"; convicted of murdering 49 women in Washington state
•Joel Rifkin: murdered 17 women in the New York City and Long Island areas
•Harvey Miguel Robinson: teenager who stalked, raped and killed three women in Allentown, Pennsylvania in 1992 and 1993
•John Edward Robinson: AKA "The Cyber Sex Killer"; lured victims through the internet; convicted of murdering six women in Missouri and Kansas
•Dayton Leroy Rogers: murdered at least six women in Oregon
•Danny Rolling: pleaded guilty to murdering five students in Florida; executed in 2006
•Michael Bruce Ross: raped and murdered seven women in Connecticut; executed May 13, 2005
•Efren Saldivar: respiratory therapist who killed six patients, possibly as many as 120
•Altemio Sanchez: AKA "The Bike Path Rapist"; responsible for three murders and numerous rapes spanning a 25-year period in Buffalo, New York; currently serving three consecutive 75 years-to-life sentences for the murders
•Gerard John Schaefer: Florida police officer who killed up to 34 women and girls
•Charles Schmid: AKA "The Pied Piper of Tucson"; murdered three teenage girls in 1964 and 1965 and buried them in the desert
•Heriberto Seda: New York City copycat killer of the "Zodiac Killer" active from 1990 to 1994; convicted of shooting eight individuals, killing three; sentenced to life imprisonment in 1998
•Tommy Lynn Sells: convicted of only one murder; admitted to murdering dozens of people across the United States, possibly in excess of 70 although only six are confirmed
•Arthur Shawcross: AKA "The Genesee River Killer"; convicted of 12 murders; confessed to one more
•Anthony Allen Shore: AKA "The Tourniquet Killer"; convicted of strangling a woman with an unusual ligature in 1992 and confessed to killing three girls including two with same MO
•Robert Shulman: convicted of murdering five prostitutes between 1991 and 1996
•Daniel Lee Siebert: convicted of 1979 manslaughter; killed nine people across America in three months in mid-1980s including two children and a Southside Slayer victim
•Robert Joseph Silveria, Jr.: AKA "Sidetrack"; freight train rider convicted of beating to death four fellow transients in 1995 and confessed to dozens more
•Lemuel Smith: confessed to the murders of five people, including an on-duty female prison guard
•Morris Solomon Jr.: handyman who killed six young women between 1986 and 1987 in Sacramento, California
•Lyda Southard: first and fourth husbands' 'typhoid' deaths due to arsenic; first husband's brother poisoned and daughter died; two other husbands died of 'flu'
•Anthony Sowell: AKA "The Cleveland Strangler" and "The Imperial Avenue Murderer"; convicted of raping and murdering 11 women between 2007 and 2009, leaving their bodies in his house in Cleveland
•Timothy Wilson Spencer: AKA "The Southside Strangler"; raped and killed five women in Virginia between 1984 and 1987
•Jack Owen Spillman: AKA "The Werewolf Butcher"; killed two girls and the mother of one of them in Washington State in 1994 and 1995
•Edward Spreitzer: AKA "The Chicago Rippers"; as part of a satanic cult, raped and mutilated at least four women and also killed a man in Chicago
•Gerald Stano: convicted murderer of 41 women; executed in 1998
•Charles Starkweather: murdered 11 people throughout Nebraska in two months the late 1950s with his girlfriend; executed in 1959
•Cary Stayner: killed four women in Yosemite, California
•William Suff: AKA "The Riverside Prostitute Killer"; killed 12 women near Riverside, California
•Michael Swango: physician and surgeon who poisoned over 30 of his patients and colleagues
•James Swann: AKA "The Shotgun Stalker"; schizophrenic who killed four people in drive-by shootings in Washington, D.C. in 1993 because he heard the voice of Malcolm X
•John Floyd Thomas, Jr.: AKA "The Southland Strangler" and The "Westside Rapist"; convicted of raping and murdering seven elderly women in Los Angeles between 1972 and 1986 and suspected of 10-15 more
•Marybeth Tinning: New York woman who smothered nine of her children to death
•Ottis Toole: Henry Lee Lucas' accomplice; convicted of six murders in Florida; confessed to but never tried for Adam Walsh's murder
•Jane Toppan: nurse and lust murderer who poisoned at least 31 patients and relatives in Massachusetts up to the turn of the 20th century
•Maury Travis: St. Louis area torture killer of 12–17 prostitutes from 2000 to 2002
•Chester Turner: convicted of murdering ten women and a viable unborn baby in South Los Angeles between 1987 and 1998
•Henry Louis Wallace: Charlotte, North Carolina killer of at least nine young women from 1992 to 1994
•Faryion Wardrip: killed five young women around Wichita Falls, Texas between 1984 and 1986
•Karl F. Warner: convicted of murdering three teenage girls, in two separate incidents (between 1969–1971), in the San Francisco Bay Area communities of San Jose and Saratoga
•Carl Eugene Watts: convicted of two murders; admitted to killing 80 people in Texas and Michigan; possibly guilty of 100 murders
•Nathaniel White: convicted of stabbing to death six women in the Hudson Valley, New York area from 1991 to 1992
•Christopher Wilder: AKA "The Beauty Queen Killer"; millionaire Australian realtor who killed eight women in seven weeks in 1984
•Scott Williams: killed and mutilated three women between 1997 and 2006
•Wayne Williams: convicted of two murders; police claim his arrest solved 23 in the string of 28 Atlanta Child Murders
•Randall Woodfield: AKA "The I-5 Killer" and "The I-5 Bandit"; convicted of four murders; believed responsible for 14 others
•Aileen Wuornos: shot six men dead in Florida; executed in 2002
•Robert Lee Yates: murdered at least 16 women in Spokane County, Washington

holy shit that's alot of evil
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm more curious as to why you looked into this at all. Was it pure curiosity which caused some time spent on the ol' Google, or were you upset that it was "another attack against the white man!" as I have heard so many people say?

Did you fail to read the OP and note why he started a separate thread on this particular topic?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That list is white nationalist copypasta.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Another false claim I hear a lot is "more white people are on welfare than black people (raw numbers)".  Not true.

I'll need to see numbers on that one.  There are a lot of poor, rural whites around the country.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What did the crime thread show?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What did the crime thread show?

It's a sticky for people to post "Look another black criminal!" stories.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am missing your point here.

The statement that "most serial killers are white" is 100% correct, as has been pointed out in this thread.  

The statements that "black have a higher proportional rate of serial killers than whites" is also 100% correct.

The statement you are complaining about IS correct.  What you seem to be upset about it is NOT qualify by an additional statement about proportionality.  So while you do have a somewhat valid point, you are sort of making it in the wrong way.  

DK-Prof,

Actually, I believe it was I who point both of those accurate statements out.

As I said, it is indeed true that in pure numbers more serial killers are white.  It is also true that there is a disproportionate per capita amount in the black community.  I haven't looked, but it is likely that other races may also have a disproportional number.

I am not entirely sure that there WAS a point that I am trying to make, so I can't speak to its validity, or whether I am making whatever point I am making in the "wrong way."

What point are you assuming that I am making in order to say that I am making it in a correct or wrong way?

For sake of clarification, I will tell you what I was thinking.

I'm 41 years old.  I think that the first time I heard that comment was sometime in my undergraduate studies.  When the cited quote was made, it was made by a person who was attempting make a racial argument that there is really no difference in criminal behavior in the white community than the black community.

Over 15-20 years, I've heard that exact quote for the exact reasons in 5 different cities in 5 different states that I live in.  It has always been made for the exact same reasons, for the same argument, and with the same degree of authority.

When I saw that quote cited several times with the same assumption of authority, for the same reasons on the thread I linked, I decided to verify a fact rather than take it for word as I've done for decades, and it seems that others around here have done as well.

I found it interesting that there was more to the story.  Remember, the quote has ALWAYS been used (in my personal experience) to make an argument regarding a criminal endeavor with a qualifying characteristic of race.

Could you honestly look anyone in the face and say that percentile is NOT a salient factor in that discussion?  I'll go so far as to say that engaging in such a discussion, and using the quote we are talking about to make a racial argument while  knowing the percentile disparity amounts to "spinning" facts and practicing intellectual dishonesty.

Would you disagree with that view, considering the observed use of that fact?

You may make assumptions why this would be something I'd even bother to look up–– even if I had a certain curiosity as to its accuracy.

I suspect that some around here have already made the assumption that I am Stormfront'er operating from an agenda.

I do have a vested interest in this topic, and I do have an agenda.  Let's get that out of the way early on.
I teach English and Science in an 80% black rural school.  I have close relationships with most of my students, as well as quite a few of the parents.
For years, I have been quite immersed in black community, and I've had numerous discussions with both kids and parents.

What I see is the black community in crisis.  I can't make that any plainer.  Every year that I've taught, I have had at least one 7th grade black girl become pregnant before the end of the school year.  Practically none of my students have their father in their lives.  I can only think of three of the hundreds of students that I've taught who have their parents married.  100% of my students are on Medicaid and free lunch.  I have had MANY students hauled away in handcuffs by police ranging from drug charges to home invasion robbery.

So... the agenda....

Every statistic I've read indicates that the black community is in crisis.

We can discuss that in a couple of ways:  a.) We can gloss over in an attempt to save hurt feelings, or b.) We can take a hard, ugly look at it, and start figuring out what needs to happen.

So far, I don't see option a doing anything.

Before anyone tries to see it as racist one way or the other, I'll say this:  I've probably done more to help my community, and dare I say it–– black people–– improve their situation in the last few years than anyone who wants to make that accusation ever will do.

I live in a VERY poor community–– where the poverty transcends racial lines.  It has been my mission to break that cycle.  To break that cycle, we have to break our current modes of thought, and attitudes.

To do that, we have to address what is going on in our communities.

I hope this explanation clarifies my position.  Whatever others want to make of this thread is outside of my control, but I do ask everyone not to put words in my mount, or attribute attitudes to me that I have not expressed.

–– John
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another false claim I hear a lot is "more white people are on welfare than black people (raw numbers)".  Not true.

I'll need to see numbers on that one.  There are a lot of poor, rural whites around the country.

Percentage of population yes, otherwise white people receive a higher percentage of welfare benefits overall.  Not sure if that is what he meant.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very rarely are they smart, listen to some audio of BTK and the Iceman. The Iceman is just a goon who got lucky. And BTK thinks demons are in his head. Smart wouldn't be the word I would use to describe them.

I am positive the BTK is correct.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Very rarely are they smart, listen to some audio of BTK and the Iceman. The Iceman is just a goon who got lucky. And BTK thinks demons are in his head. Smart wouldn't be the word I would use to describe them.

I am positive the BTK is correct.

I'm pretty sure that anyone can be a successful serial killer if they are OCD and have no friends to blab to.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am missing your point here.

The statement that "most serial killers are white" is 100% correct, as has been pointed out in this thread.  

The statements that "black have a higher proportional rate of serial killers than whites" is also 100% correct.

The statement you are complaining about IS correct.  What you seem to be upset about it is NOT qualify by an additional statement about proportionality.  So while you do have a somewhat valid point, you are sort of making it in the wrong way.  

DK-Prof,

Actually, I believe it was I who point both of those accurate statements out.

As I said, it is indeed true that in pure numbers more serial killers are white.  It is also true that there is a disproportionate per capita amount in the black community.  I haven't looked, but it is likely that other races may also have a disproportional number.

That's why I am confused.

You admit that it is accurate that most serial killers are white, yet in what I quoted above you say that the same statement "it turns out that it isn't accurate"

You are saying two mutually contradictory things at the same time.  That's the source of my confusion.

I am not entirely sure that there WAS a point that I am trying to make, so I can't speak to its validity, or whether I am making whatever point I am making in the "wrong way."

That's where my comment about making your point the "wrong way" comes from.

I think that if you said that the statement that "most serial killers are white" is technically accurate, but missed the complete story because it ignores the proportionality of the crimes according to race, then I would compeltely agree.

But saying that a technically accurate and correct statement is inaccurate is not the best way to make the argument.  That's all I am saying

What point are you assuming that I am making in order to say that I am making it in a correct or wrong way?

For sake of clarification, I will tell you what I was thinking.

I'm 41 years old.  I think that the first time I heard that comment was sometime in my undergraduate studies.  When the cited quote was made, it was made by a person who was attempting make a racial argument that there is really no difference in criminal behavior in the white community than the black community.

Over 15-20 years, I've heard that exact quote for the exact reasons in 5 different cities in 5 different states that I live in.  It has always been made for the exact same reasons, for the same argument, and with the same degree of authority.

When I saw that quote cited several times with the same assumption of authority, for the same reasons on the thread I linked, I decided to verify a fact rather than take it for word as I've done for decades, and it seems that others around here have done as well.

I found it interesting that there was more to the story.  Remember, the quote has ALWAYS been used (in my personal experience) to make an argument regarding a criminal endeavor with a qualifying characteristic of race.

And that's the point.

It's not that the statement is inaccurate or incorrect - it's that it can be misleading because there's more to the story (i.e. the proportional representation of different races in the crime statistic)

Could you honestly look anyone in the face and say that percentile is NOT a salient factor in that discussion?  I'll go so far as to say that engaging in such a discussion, and using the quote we are talking about to make a racial argument while  knowing the percentile disparity amounts to "spinning" facts and practicing intellectual dishonesty.

Would you disagree with that view, considering the observed use of that fact?

You may make assumptions why this would be something I'd even bother to look up–– even if I had a certain curiosity as to its accuracy.

I suspect that some around here have already made the assumption that I am Stormfront'er operating from an agenda.

I do have a vested interest in this topic, and I do have an agenda.  Let's get that out of the way early on.
I teach English and Science in an 80% black rural school.  I have close relationships with most of my students, as well as quite a few of the parents.
For years, I have been quite immersed in black community, and I've had numerous discussions with both kids and parents.

What I see is the black community in crisis.  I can't make that any plainer.  Every year that I've taught, I have had at least one 7th grade black girl become pregnant before the end of the school year.  Practically none of my students have their father in their lives.  I can only think of three of the hundreds of students that I've taught who have their parents married.  100% of my students are on Medicaid and free lunch.  I have had MANY students hauled away in handcuffs by police ranging from drug charges to home invasion robbery.

So... the agenda....

Every statistic I've read indicates that the black community is in crisis.

We can discuss that in a couple of ways:  a.) We can gloss over in an attempt to save hurt feelings, or b.) We can take a hard, ugly look at it, and start figuring out what needs to happen.

So far, I don't see option a doing anything.

Before anyone tries to see it as racist one way or the other, I'll say this:  I've probably done more to help my community, and dare I say it–– black people–– improve their situation in the last few years than anyone who wants to make that accusation ever will do.

I live in a VERY poor community–– where the poverty transcends racial lines.  It has been my mission to break that cycle.  To break that cycle, we have to break our current modes of thought, and attitudes.

To do that, we have to address what is going on in our communities.

I hope this explanation clarifies my position.  Whatever others want to make of this thread is outside of my control, but I do ask everyone not to put words in my mount, or attribute attitudes to me that I have not expressed.

–– John

I don't disagree with your intent - I'm merely being anal-retentive about the meanings of words.    The statement is accurate - but incomplete, which makes it easy to misunderstand.

I tell ya... I'm not about to make the assertion that I've expressed myself as well as I could.  About half the time, I am mentally and physically exhausted between work and an 11 month old.

Thanks for bringing constructive dialogue to this thread.  

I don't have a lot of time, but I'll attempt to address the source of your confusion.

You are saying two mutually contradictory things at the same time. That's the source of my confusion.

As I am working it out, they aren't mutually exclusive when you consider the intent that I have always seen the quote used for.

I'll attempt to explain with an analogy.

A person may say "We are in the debt crisis that we are in because irresponsible spending due to Bush policies."

I would say that this is an accurate statement.

At the same time, I do not feel that the entire story of our debt situation is addressed without talking about Obama's spending, or that of Presidents for the last 40 or so years.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the statement "We are in the debt crisis that we are in because irresponsible spending due to Bush policies" will willfully omitting Obama's spending smacks of spinning facts for the sake of other agendas.  Moreover, it becomes a lie of omission even while telling the "truth."

The context by which I see the statement "there are more white serial killers" used has been, in my experience, in the same vein.

I probably could have expressed that better, but I am hurrying to get off of here to enjoy life.

Take care,

–– John
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Interesting. I was under the same impression. Matter of fact I had never even heard of a black serial killer until now. I mean I figured there had to be some, but I never heard of any like you do Ted Bundy, Green river killer, John Wayne Gacy etc.

We had one here in San Diego up in University City. Rapist and serial killer. Had a creepy run in with the sister of one of my room mates, before he was caught.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
All of the people quoting the "majority of serial killers are white" as some kind of racial statement, and all y'all getting sandy over it, are missing the point.
The statement is properly and accurately used only in the context of profiling.
Where it is valid as long as it's not exclusionary; where they messed up on the dude in Atlanta and theDC snipers.

It doesn't work for profilling if blacks are over represented. It would only work if whites were overrepresented.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Essentially, he would "confess" to get better treatment in prison.

A traveling laborer  and generally homeless person who preyed on OTHER homeless people and runaways,  I really doubt even HE knew how many victims he killed, or even where.

First Plumbata what do you do for a living?

Second: No big surprise.

Third: I think that for a long time minority communities (to include all non dominant groups) were under served regarding police services. If a killer is preying on a victim population that has no reporting option, then the killer will go unpursued. If victim selection holds over from standard murder statistics to serial killers, than like will prey on like. So an affluent victim will get better service/notice than a transient victim.
IDK YMMV
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Essentially, he would "confess" to get better treatment in prison.

A traveling laborer  and generally homeless person who preyed on OTHER homeless people and runaways,  I really doubt even HE knew how many victims he killed, or even where.

First Plumbata what do you do for a living?

Second: No big surprise.

Third: I think that for a long time minority communities (to include all non dominant groups) were under served regarding police services. If a killer is preying on a victim population that has no reporting option, then the killer will go unpursued. If victim selection holds over from standard murder statistics to serial killers, than like will prey on like. So an affluent victim will get better service/notice than a transient victim.
IDK YMMV

Retired headshrinker.   Worked for the state at various institutions, mostly higher risk,  till 2000 then private practice.

Serial killers portrayed on TV, (the genius with an elaborate plan and massive resources) Don't really exist in real life.  

Serial killers are successful BECAUSE there is usually no ties to the victim or area. (trucker for example)
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#48]

edited
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it? Are all those serial killers? How many more are there?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it? Are all those serial killers? How many more are there?
I don't know about the veracity of the list, just its origin.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top