BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You know what's funny? In my head I just knew you drove a Nissan. Though in my fantasies, it's a 370Z Nismo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll trade you my 2005 Nissan Altima for your Chrysler straight up.  My Nissan is the biggest piece of shit car that I have ever owned.  My 2000 Dodge Dakota on the other hand has been an amazing vehicle, which I'm using a daily driver now because the Nissan is down again.

You know what's funny? In my head I just knew you drove a Nissan. Though in my fantasies, it's a 370Z Nismo.

Uh- sumpthin' wrong with these?  It's on my short list- well not the Nismo, but the base model with 9 lbs of boost.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why is your poor decision your banks fault? Fix the pos and sell or trade it.
View Quote

Yeah.  I somehow doubt your bank forced you to buy a Chrysler.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Who actually buys Chrysler vehicles anymore?
View Quote

People who like risk.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Page 2 and OP STILL doesn't know what model car he has, or what problems it has? ? ?

So I'll take an educated guess.

It's the nut holding the steering wheel is most likely the problem
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Page 2 and OP STILL doesn't know what model car he has, or what problems it has? ? ?

View Quote

I just got home give me a fucking break

It's a 2013 Dodge Dart and it's missing in the lower rpms. All of the check engine lights are on too. Roadside covered the tow but Chrysler originally tried to make me pay $84 until I set them straight. Oh, no loaner either. So I guess I can bum rides from people while my car is down.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Fucken bank making you buy that POS, just drive it to the nearest branch and leave the keys in it.

The bank will know what to do with it and then you will no longer have the problem. Yep that's what I would do, right the fuck now, go.

Big banks, to big to fail, giving us loans on shit we can't afford or crap that breaks, they need to suffer.

lol
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm . I used to have a Dart. Nothing fancy but it was a solid reliable car.

But then again mine had a slant six, three on the tree and was built in 1967
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

My Ram has been a much better truck than my Tundra was.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those were cool cars
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing but love for my 2012 Charger RT.  Just over 30k miles...fingers crossed
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep. A long time ago, I bought a new Dodge Challenger R/T. Had a 440 magnum. Had a Hurst shifter, great looking machine. It was really quick. I broke it in correctly. Went to work one night and when it was time to go home at 8am, I started my car and the oil pressure never came up. I could hear the tappets clicking loudly, so I knew it was not the gauge.
Called the dealer(20 miles away) and he told me to drive it over...with no oil pressure. He assured me I had a 5 yr warranty and he and Dodge would stand behind it. So, I did. Then he cussed me when I got there, saying I must have taken it to the drag strip that weekend. It was Monday, but it was also February and the strips closed here in the winter.
But it was a cracked oil pump...from the factory. Of course it really sucked oil after that to the tune of a quart every 300 mi. Chrysler says that is acceptable for a new car. I was stuck.
Every year the starter went out. The tape deck did not work the day I got it from the dealer and it was ordered new for me. The car never shifted smoothly. I had it in several times for that and they never fixed it. Finally one day the stick went around it circles and would not shift out of Third as I was driving one day, so I pulled into a local gas station and put it on the rack. A bolt came out, must have been loose from the factory. Put a new bolt in and it shifted great for the first time after a year of owning it. It was  a huge POS and when Chrysler refused to rebuild the engine or put a new one in when the oil pump went out, I vowed to never buy another Chrysler product....they said they did not care. I guess there are fools born every day.
My brother had a Chrysler that the tranny went out about every fifteen thousand mi.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Should I assume a new Jeep Grand Cherokee will be just as bad?
View Quote

What year? Get an old one with 4.0 and drive it forever. I probably wouldn't buy a GC newer than 04.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck I'm so pissed. 20 miles from home and my pos car with only 28k miles is running like utter shit and no dealership around has anything open until next week. I'm so tempted to tell the bank to shove this car up their ass and just wiped hands of this fucking thing. Anyone else been in this situation? The fuck am I supposed to do with this car?
View Quote

Yep, with a 2012 Dodge Blacktop Charger. Chrysler Corp will simply ignore the FUCK out of you until you go away or get a lawyer. I would LOVE to meet the CEO in a dark alley... or for that manner, the Regional Rep. I would go to prison happy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had an 04 f150 that warped one of the heads at 28k. I will never own a ford because of that experience. I was actually told by the local dealer "just because there is a blue oval on my sign, it doesn't mean I have to fix your fucking truck." Took 2 months to get it warranted.

My dodges don't break and the dealer support is great.
View Quote

Shit, Wilson Chrysler in Winnsboro, SC butchered my paint with a buffer, and told me all the damage they left was "commercially acceptable". This was their attempt to fix a paint fault that was found on delivery. Motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck I'm so pissed. 20 miles from home and my pos car with only 28k miles is running like utter shit and no dealership around has anything open until next week. I'm so tempted to tell the bank to shove this car up their ass and just wiped hands of this fucking thing. Anyone else been in this situation? The fuck am I supposed to do with this car?
View Quote

Yes , others have been in your situation .    Mine was so bad that I gave the truck away just to get it out of sight .  And just paid off the balance .
The most useless, worthless piece of crap ever assembled .   No help from the dealer , manufacturer or the bank.  New  Dodge Truck .

gd
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Another fantastic thread by the OP.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Call Chrysler corporate, they will find a five start dealer that will get your car in before next week. I am assuming that it is still under warranty, I believe that the Chrysler vehicles come with a roadside assistance plan that includes rental coverage.

If your car didn't come with roadside assistance with rental coverage, you did buy this protection from your insurance provider for a few bucks a year? Right? You have a loan on the vehicle, you just told us you did, most banks require comprehensive and collision coverage on vehicles they loan money against. If you don't have that type of coverage via your insurance, buy it, if they don't offer it you probably need a new carrier.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get that none of you guys would buy a chrysler vehicle but that doesn't help me right now
Call Chrysler corporate, they will find a five start dealer that will get your car in before next week. I am assuming that it is still under warranty, I believe that the Chrysler vehicles come with a roadside assistance plan that includes rental coverage.

If your car didn't come with roadside assistance with rental coverage, you did buy this protection from your insurance provider for a few bucks a year? Right? You have a loan on the vehicle, you just told us you did, most banks require comprehensive and collision coverage on vehicles they loan money against. If you don't have that type of coverage via your insurance, buy it, if they don't offer it you probably need a new carrier.

No, they probably WON'T. DEALT with corporate myself (Auburn Hills), and they were useless. They gleefully ignore their own warranty until you get a lawyer. Ask me how I know...
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#19]
How is this the bank's problem? You are the one that bought the POS.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Uh- sumpthin' wrong with these?  It's on my short list- well not the Nismo, but the base model with 9 lbs of boost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll trade you my 2005 Nissan Altima for your Chrysler straight up.  My Nissan is the biggest piece of shit car that I have ever owned.  My 2000 Dodge Dakota on the other hand has been an amazing vehicle, which I'm using a daily driver now because the Nissan is down again.

what's wrong with them is I don't own one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

People who like risk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who like risk.

stop being emotional and anecdotal
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I work for a Toyota dealership, I'm a parts manager. People on here would shit bricks if they actually knew all the shit that goes bad in Toyotas.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What year? Get an old one with 4.0 and drive it forever. I probably wouldn't buy a GC newer than 04.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should I assume a new Jeep Grand Cherokee will be just as bad?

I have a 2014 diesel... 25,000 miles with no problems. I love it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Have owned 8 Chryslers in the past 5 years.  Never a problem outside what I would consider reasonable and overall have experienced less problems than the other brands that have gone through my garage.  I cross shop all the brands before every purchase, and go drive a new Summit Grand Cherokee and try to buy anything remotely comparable at the same price point...won't happen.  I've been pleased, and it's one of the only brands that has factory-backed service plans for the life of the vehicle.

I bet it's a high probability that most everyone who complains about FCA quality hasn't owned one under the FCA marquee.  Chrysler and most other brands have improved the quality of their cars tremendously over the past few years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Those were cool cars
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those were cool cars

They seem like it now but it was just a used family car that only seemed like it had some power because the last thing I was driving was a 1964 VW that made 40hp . All the cool kids had muscle cars with V8s and I was driving the old scratched slant 6 . Then I bought a brand new Kawasaki 1975 Z1-B . Not a contender with todays superbikes but in its day was the fastest thing on wheels .

At any rate The boring old Dart worked well for me for a couple of years and after My sisters parked car got smashed by a drunk driver she took it over and it ran fine for her for 3 years or so .

$800 car , I did brakes , tires  , a water pump and hoses and my sister did a battery and we ran it for 5 or 6 years and it was still running ok when my sister traded it on a new Toyota .
Boring but a good solid car
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who actually buys Chrysler vehicles American cars anymore?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Have owned 8 Chryslers in the past 5 years.  Never a problem outside what I would consider reasonable and overall have experienced less problems than the other brands that have gone through my garage.  I cross shop all the brands before every purchase, and go drive a new Summit Grand Cherokee and try to buy anything remotely comparable at the same price point...won't happen.  I've been pleased, and it's one of the only brands that has factory-backed service plans for the life of the vehicle.

I bet it's a high probability that most everyone who complains about FCA quality hasn't owned one under the FCA marquee.  Chrysler and most other brands have improved the quality of their cars tremendously over the past few years.
View Quote

Were these eight cars all bought new?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, they probably WON'T. DEALT with corporate myself (Auburn Hills), and they were useless. They gleefully ignore their own warranty until you get a lawyer. Ask me how I know...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I get that none of you guys would buy a chrysler vehicle but that doesn't help me right now

I finally had to get a zone rep involved before the fuckers would move off top dead center.   Never again.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#30]
What model is it OP?

we have a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland - Hemi, it's been decent so far with 29k miles on it.

but the local JEEP dealership's service dept is a fucking joke...
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

- Bought a new Chrysler

...   so what's the third shoe you're going to drop on us?  C'mon, we all know you didn't stop at two.

In all seriousness, I'd take a good look at your state's lemon laws.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I work for a Toyota dealership, I'm a parts manager. People on here would shit bricks if they actually knew all the shit that goes bad in Toyotas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally. I read through the first page and all the hate for all brands. I worked for a Lexus dealership. We had a RX350 with just over 800 miles on it come in with a blown motor. Nothing the buyer did. It just happened. You guys crack on Chrysler, Ford, and GM. The import dealers service bays are just as full and busy as any of the big 3 and it's not all oil changes and tire rotations.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately, my company does.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

- Bought a new Chrysler

...   so what's the third shoe you're going to drop on us?  C'mon, we all know you didn't stop at two.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Bought a new Chrysler

In IL I think the lemon law is only good for the first year of new ownership.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:08:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

+1 I've done major damage to pickups from all of the big 3. They all break. I just have the worst luck with Fords because that's what I drive for work and that's what I put the most miles on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you explain what vehicle you are referring too? I've owned many brands and I don't find Chrysler to be any better or worse.

+1 I've done major damage to pickups from all of the big 3. They all break. I just have the worst luck with Fords because that's what I drive for work and that's what I put the most miles on.

Well, duh.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#38]

WE got rear ended, we were able to drive away, sister got a herniated disc.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

I have a turbo Dart that's a pile of fucking crap.

ETA.. mines a 13 too.

must use premium and it only gets 26 MPG.

radio turns on full fucking blast everytime I start the car.

turbo wastegate opens randomly and I loose all my power.. its like hitting the brakes.  Dodge says its normal.

big fucking rearview mirror blocks half the windshield. I got mad, after almost hitting some little kid. I ripped it off and threw it out the window and its one of those Bluetooth ones too.  Fuck it, $300 or not.

on my 4ths set of tires in 40k.

cant replace the rotors without tearing the bearings out.  wtf kinna retard shit is that?

damn near impossible to see out of.

ETA again... thought of more shit.

some of the adjusters for the airflow control broke off

the ebrake button is jammed in.... so I cant set it.

A/C is totally weak ass shit. takes 20 mins to cool the car.

Heater sucks too. If its below 15 wear a hat and gloves for at least 20 minutes.

The car sucks major dick.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has gone wrong with yours?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Buy once cry often...

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:24:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I hate Chrysler
View Quote

Good man
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

edited post for your pleasure.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#44]
I've owned a couple Mopar products back in the day. Never again. From everything I've seen and heard nothing much has changed. I'm surprised they are still in business.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#45]
They hate you too.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#46]
i just don't get it.chrylser has gone under what 2 or 3 times now and is currently owned by fiat which total mobiles. yet for some reason that is completely unfathomable to me people pass Honda, Subaru, toyota, ford, mazda, mitsubishi, shit even chevy dealers and go to a chrysler dealer and buy something.
i mean its not 1965 anymore when the big 3 were all basically the same in quality and there were no quality foreign brands to choose from.

i've owned 2 yotas, 3 honda motorcycles, 1 honda car and a couple of fords and never experianced any major issues with any of them i have 201k my civic.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Bluetooth OBDII adapter. Everyone with a smartphone should have one + the Torq app.

Costs less than $30 total, and can tell you a lot about what's wrong with your car....plus reset any codes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:33:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
'
Thank you for proving my point.

Those citations you listed have a number of vehicles from SEVERAL brands that have a reputation for longevity.   Did you notice that #1 on one of the lists is the Ford F150?  And did you also notice that within the first 10 posts on this thread, some guy said "be glad you didn't buy a Ford", which pretty much is in contrast to that citation.

Like I said, 90% of the comments on this forum about cars are based on personal emotional investment, and not facts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit happens, that's why you have a warranty.

Now you know better than to use logic with people on ARFCOM GD.  

This is where everyone establishes their opinion of a car based on the fact that their mother's second-cousin's son had to repair the frammus valve on their 2003 Ferrari, and therefore, all Ferrari's suck.

Given that most persons are more emotionally invested in their car than they are their firearm, about 90% of the comments you hear on this board related to automobiles are strictly anecdotal and emotional in basis.

Well, how's this for anecdotal?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2013/03/14/cars-that-can-last-for-250000-miles/

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/03/10-best-cars-to-last-200-000-miles/index.htm

http://www.businessinsider.com/cars-most-likely-to-get-to-200000-miles-2014-2

There's a whole lot of asian cars in there.
'
Thank you for proving my point.

Those citations you listed have a number of vehicles from SEVERAL brands that have a reputation for longevity.   Did you notice that #1 on one of the lists is the Ford F150?  And did you also notice that within the first 10 posts on this thread, some guy said "be glad you didn't buy a Ford", which pretty much is in contrast to that citation.

Like I said, 90% of the comments on this forum about cars are based on personal emotional investment, and not facts.

Fact is my Ford is a piece
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's a 2013 Dodge Dart and it's missing in the lower rpms. All of the check engine lights are on too. Roadside covered the tow but Chrysler originally tried to make me pay $84 until I set them straight. Oh, no loaner either. So I guess I can bum rides from people while my car is down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*throws hands up in the air in total exasperation*

DUDE. its an alfa romeo. please enthrall us with the logic you used when you said to yourself "pffft I ain't buying no civic or focus I'm buying this here Dodge Dart. It will be a much better purchase than a Honda or a subaru!"

this is like buying a vulcan/hesse/blackthorne ar-15 and paying as much as a say a MP-15 and having to walk past the MP-15s to buy it. seriously what the fuck?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I will never own another one.
View Quote
me either

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top