Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Moving some stuff in today.  I am a wreck.  Worried about being alone.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So long as you have us, you are never truly alone.

Oh, and Vern said he spanked your ass in pool the other night.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I understand.  Be strong--don't give in to the fear snd lonliness.  But, understand, you will have it and have to deal with it.  You'll have good days and bad days.  The bad days will decrease over time.

I can tell you I just passed the one year point since my divorce (27 years of marriage).  The first year, you won't be able to "find yourself".  People told me this and I didn't believe it.  But it's true.  Not only do I not now recognize the person I was for the past 10 years or so, I REALLY don't recognize who I was for the past year.  There's just too much bullshit to wash out--I don't care how in touch with your feelings you are.

Go out with women (or at least be receptive to meeting them) but don't for a second think you can "find THE one" any time soon.  Take a breath and get your feet under you.  You'll be fine.

As a friend told me immediately after the wife left: "TC, you are now a commodity.".  Exciting and scary at the same time.

TC
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

One day at a time, your 35 with no kids in your prime I would guess? Do you have a routine yet? Nope, of course not, your adjusting
so just give it time. Focus on doing something productive each day. Something that will make you more successful, healthy, and desireable you catch my drift. Do things you enjoy around others, playing pool, hiking, etc.. Your already into fitness so that will be your base. Ground yourself in you.....

Your life is now your own entirely I would think? Make it what you like! No biological clock, play the field etc.. But first find out who YOU are alone and be happy with that before...You probably know all this. Sounds like your going thru the normal heart wrenching grieving process of saying goodbye to your old hitched life that while it wasn't great at least you knew it intimately. Change sucks! Perfectly normal human nature to miss the misery at times. You will falter and hesitate to take advantage of your new found freedom and opportunitys as they present themselves if your like most of us. If you'd like some book recommendations feel free to im or email me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're doing just fine. It'll get easier. It's scarier thinking about it than actually living by yourself. Living by yourself is really nice, actually.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

my advice is to go out and be with other people whom you already know, just to avoid the "woe is me" feeling.
don't start looking for another woman because you think you need someone to validate your existence. Just get comfortable with being around some new people ( including women) and you'll be fine.
Don't try to force a relationship; women smell desperation and turn off.
talk a little, smile a lot.
it'll happen.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Marriage of three years went south two years ago. Breaking up with my current GF tonight
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah man, don't be that way.  How could you possibly be alone in this world?  You're a healthy guy and the world is full of women that are desperately looking for a good guy like yourself.

Take some time out from the worry.  Sort yourself out a bit and relax.  You'll be just fine.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Party. Meet 25 year olds, bang them, repeat.

Avoid thinking of any female as a potential keeper until you find one that feels right. Check their family unit... If parents are a mess or she's been on psych med since 14, eject.  Find one that works as hard as you and already is disgusted with substandard men. Profit
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

One day at a time, your 35 with no kids in your prime I would guess? Do you have a routine yet? Nope, of course not, your adjusting
so just give it time. Focus on doing something productive each day. Something that will make you more successful, healthy, and desireable you catch my drift. Do things you enjoy around others, playing pool, hiking, etc.. Your already into fitness so that will be your base. Ground yourself in you.....

Your life is now your own entirely I would think? Make it what you like! No biological clock, play the field etc.. But first find out who YOU are alone and be happy with that before...You probably know all this. Sounds like your going thru the normal heart wrenching grieving process of saying goodbye to your old hitched life that while it wasn't great at least you knew it intimately. Change sucks! Perfectly normal human nature to miss the misery at times. You will falter and hesitate to take advantage of your new found freedom and opportunitys as they present themselves if your like most of us. If you'd like some book recommendations feel free to im or email me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Get over that quick. You can't be happy with someone else until you learn to be happy with yourself.  Codependency is not attractive.

2. As a male, the biggest problem you have is inability to change due to being a creature of habit. One day the new routine will be in place,  and you'll look back and wonder what you ever saw in her to begin with.

6 years ago my ex left me on Christmas Eve in a brutal, brutal way.  I tried to say I didn't see it coming,  but looking back I was just denying the impending change.  Embraced the change and the new Mrs. is exactly what I was looking for all along.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Eat sandwiches and masterbate. It will come back to you OP. Oh and lude women, dont forget them. There are singles bars for devorcees.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#12]
It does not help that she left the house trashed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It does not help that she left the house trashed.
View Quote

clean it up, throw out anything that reminds you of her, and settle in.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Need some help..

I don’t know how to get over this.  Everything reminds me of her, my heart aches when I think of her, and I feel lost without her.  I just don’t understand how someone can walk away from 12 years of marriage, how someone can “move on” so fast.  I am a freaking wreck, and yet none of this seems to bother her.  I have been trying to wrap my head around this, and keep coming up blank.  I am not going to call her to talk about it as there is no point in doing so.  For some of you who have gone through this, how did you get to the point where you were able to move on, and start being happy with your lives?  

What can I do to ease this transition?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Divorced at 26.  My Gf/Fiancee/wife one and only flipped her shit out.  We had been together since age 15/16.  I had literally never been a single adult.  Had no idea who I was or how to act.

The only answer is time.  Time will numb the immediate hurt.

While you are waiting on time, get out and do.  As above, gym, new tail, focus on a hobby, etc.  DO NOT get serious until you are comfy being you.  And that won't happen until you look back and realize you've been fine for awhile.  Managing your expectations and finding perspective is the hard part.

Today?  One foot in front of the other.  Go wrench on a car.  Hit the gym. Start a productive project, even if it's a short scoped cleaning of something.  Accomplish something each day or week that helps build you forward.

it hurts.  it sucks.  you aren't alone.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok....I am more or less back into my house.  It is odd here, does not feel like home any longer.  Operation Furyize House is now under full swing.  

I'll keep you all posted.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#17]
seek the Lord
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
seek the Lord
View Quote

Never stopped doing so.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Need some help..

I don’t know how to get over this.  Everything reminds me of her, my heart aches when I think of her, and I feel lost without her.  I just don’t understand how someone can walk away from 12 years of marriage, how someone can "move on” so fast.  I am a freaking wreck, and yet none of this seems to bother her. I have been trying to wrap my head around this, and keep coming up blank.  I am not going to call her to talk about it as there is no point in doing so.  For some of you who have gone through this, how did you get to the point where you were able to move on, and start being happy with your lives?  

View Quote
The difference is that she moved on a long time ago and just never bothered to tell you.   If you hit the archives and read all the divorce threads, a reoccurring phenomenon is that just about everyone ends up happier and with a better person.  And we are always here for whatever you need.  No homo.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Go out and Party OP.

Looking forward to your new thread after you get laid.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:24:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I posted this up because I figure that it would be a usefull tool to get advice from others in here who have/are going through the same thing.
View Quote

The thing that helped me the most was just getting out of the house and getting active. I pretty much lost all my friends at that same time too. Some were "couple friends" that were pretty much part of the married thing and other friend issues pretty much left me alone all at once. At the advice of my brother I joined meetup.com to meet people and get out of the house. It is a site where you can join groups based off of your interests; such as backpacking, books, independant films, or social groups that get together for movies or other activities. My city even has two prepper groups. It is a very relaxed thing and there are some awesome people out there. It is a national thing, but they have groups for your specific area. I always recommend it to people when they move to a new place for that reason. And even though it is not a dating site, I ended up meeting an amazing woman at an activity when I was not even looking for one (at a showing of World War Z even). I am now happier than I have ever been in my life. Sitting around gives you too much time to think and dwell on things. Time and new experiences help with moving on and getting out there and being active helps clear your mind. I hope things look up for you soon.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey cowboy, I don't know how to be anything but single.

Just be a man. Shoot, shit, and tinker. When you're done with that, hunt, fish, and trap.

Fix things, kill things, and make things. And if you want to be like me, drink yourself stupid while you do it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#24]
If I kept reading this thread, I'd have trouble being a double!

Wimmins ain't some foreign specie from 0uter space!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Need some help..

I don’t know how to get over this.  Everything reminds me of her, my heart aches when I think of her, and I feel lost without her.  I just don’t understand how someone can walk away from 12 years of marriage, how someone can “move on” so fast.  I am a freaking wreck, and yet none of this seems to bother her.  I have been trying to wrap my head around this, and keep coming up blank.  I am not going to call her to talk about it as there is no point in doing so.  For some of you who have gone through this, how did you get to the point where you were able to move on, and start being happy with your lives?  

View Quote

Shrinks. I did it with shrinks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need some help..

No one is better than US!

We have our high roads, low roads. and those boring flat places in the middle.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OP has over 60,000 posts????? WTF
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Buy expensive clothes.   Women notice that shit.   You're probably like most of us, and feel like you're to proud to do the Pretty Peacock-Swag thing, but you should just do it.   Project wealth and success.  

Go for younger women.    Stop getting tattoos.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Buy expensive clothes.   Women notice that shit.   You're probably like most of us, and feel like you're to proud to do the Pretty Peacock-Swag thing, but you should just do it.   Project wealth and success.  

View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good plan so far as it goes, but let's carry it through to conclusion.

1) Behave in a way so as to attract gold-diggers

2) Come to GD and bitch about all women being gold-diggers

3) Bask in the approbation of the other socially inept, emotionally stunted, misogynists in GD.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

3) Bask in the approbation of the other socially inept, emotionally stunted, misogynists in GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey wtf?  How you gonna bring facts and logic and stuff around here

No really well said.  Good post.

That said OP I don't know if you caught the story about my cousin and the woman looking for a father for her kid ambush, but be careful....even if she tells you she doesn't have a kid
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I had a date yesterday. With a real girl.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did she smell nice? What did you do?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just met for a late lunch.  She did smell nice.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the way to do it!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#37]
It's been over 4 years now since I divorced my wife.  We had been together since I was 19, her 17, I even took her to her high school prom.  Before her I had one previous girlfriend that was serious.  

I was scared to death.  I thought I would only find washed up road whores and skanks with baby daddy drama.  My dad would laugh and tell me that it isn't like that and if you're a man who isn't a drunk loser you'll have no problem finding women.  

I'm 35 now and if there is one thing there is no shortage of its women.  I'm not a hunk, I'm not wealthy, and I have zero trouble finding gorgeous young women.  My girlfriend now is 24 and she is the oldest I have dated since becoming single.  I haven't dated a single mother, a girl over 135 lbs, and any woman that wasn't a minimum 7.  

I don't say that to be boastful at all but to help you.  I was so down in the dumps after my divorce.  What I did was went to the gym, got some self confidence,  and quit being so shy.  I don't dress in the latest fashions but nice modern blue jeans, boots, and a decent shirt.  I don't try to dress like the young guys cause hell I'm not. I try to dress and carry myself like a man and that seems to be working.  

Any man who is willing to work,  isn't a drunk, and has all his teeth can find as many women as he wants.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:11:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoppe's #9 nice or just regular flowery nice?

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

As opposed to un-real girls?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Real Doll?
KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!! It is GD!
Sounds like your moving on, it's hard, BTDT more than once.
THEN,
I realized it was not ME who had the problem.
Took a long time to grasp that, but was true, and almost was reborn.
Solitude, sure, can be scary, HOWEVER, you know how many envy that solitude you have? I should have been a hermit, that's just me,
All The Best!
Take Care Bro.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's the way to do it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the way to do it!

This.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Listen to me carefully. She is trying to kill you. Accept that and decide what will happen.
When it gets this up close and personal you have to get serious. Look in the phone book
for a psychologist with a Phd., make an appointment and keep with it. Your marriage is
dead, however you are still alive. Do not think about the bitch for one minute.Start there.
The best revenge is living well. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Best of luck, OP.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Go to Thailand, find your cock again come back as a man renewed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Thanks for the well wishes you guys.  Moving back into my house this week, and it is more difficult than I had anticipated.  

One good thing about where my house is, it is closer to jujitsu than when I am staying now.
View Quote
Your house

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

are you talking about me?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics and/or vid or
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Pics and/or vid or
View Quote

Of fury talking about me?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#50]
My Beloved wife of almost thirty years started chasing me when we were fourteen.

I wouldn't have a freaking clue about dating.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top