Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Most times I think I'm he only person here who doesn't own camo or a scarf from Afghanistan.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LINK?  Yep

Saw this on Facebook.  I know the rest of you guys are all opposed to Facebook because it forces users to be involved in "drama," so I thought you guys would want to see this.

I didn't watch the video, just read the text.

I don't disagree with a guy doing a quiet counter protest at a flag burning, but showing up in a combat shirt and "tactical" hat with an IR flag?  I think I see the outline of dog tags there  too.  LOL.

That guy is either the bootest boot in boot land, the king of the gung-ho pogues or a poserific poser. (Maybe he's that one Multicam guy from Arfcom's gear forum.)

<a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/user/fightinghellfish/media/Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-3.02.24-AM-620x348_zpsrp1sivqz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/fightinghellfish/Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-3.02.24-AM-620x348_zpsrp1sivqz.jpg</a>
View Quote

Maybe he likes the shirt, hell I fucking like it.
Who gives a damn what he wears.
It's not like he is wearing ACUs without or missing tabs and shit.
He isn't degrading the military or the flag. And from what I see he is the only one standing there opposing these motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To hell with the flag burners! This guy has a uniform violation! Op sounds like some of my old First Shirts. Maybe he can give us a quick Powerpoint, you know just to enlighten everyone  "outside the frame of reference"....

View Quote

For what its worth, this tread makes more sense when you read some posts in this mans voice:

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

He isn't degrading the military or the flag. And from what I see he is the only one standing there opposing these motherfuckers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LINK?  Yep

Saw this on Facebook.  I know the rest of you guys are all opposed to Facebook because it forces users to be involved in "drama," so I thought you guys would want to see this.

I didn't watch the video, just read the text.

I don't disagree with a guy doing a quiet counter protest at a flag burning, but showing up in a combat shirt and "tactical" hat with an IR flag?  I think I see the outline of dog tags there  too.  LOL.

That guy is either the bootest boot in boot land, the king of the gung-ho pogues or a poserific poser. (Maybe he's that one Multicam guy from Arfcom's gear forum.)

<a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/user/fightinghellfish/media/Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-3.02.24-AM-620x348_zpsrp1sivqz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/fightinghellfish/Screen-Shot-2015-07-02-at-3.02.24-AM-620x348_zpsrp1sivqz.jpg</a>

Yup

And he's not a fat disheveled slob.

Kinda like the shirt myself but im a fat disheveled slob.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
going to a flag burning to uphold the flag.
View Quote

The regulation was clearly written to prevent service members from endorsing candidates for office or trying to get legislation passed while in uniform.

How the hell can you really think "making sure there's still an American flag" left standing is political speech?

The guy made a stand for something worthwhile. Yeah, he looks stupid. So what. While we were all sitting around arguing on our computers he did something worthwhile.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The regulation was clearly written to prevent service members from endorsing candidates for office or trying to get legislation passed while in uniform.

How the hell can you really think "making sure there's still an American flag" left standing is political speech?

The guy made a stand for something worthwhile. Yeah, he looks stupid. So what. While we were all sitting around arguing on our computers he did something worthwhile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
going to a flag burning to uphold the flag.

Dude "political speech" isn't a bad thing.  He went there to counter the political speech of the flag burners.  It's most definitely political speech.  Shit, he literally presented a prepared speech about his motivations.

I'm not sure what you consider to be the definition of political speech, it's not a bad or unvirtuous thing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
We need a sticky for GD approved clothing.  Perhaps an ARFCom line of approved apparel so we can all be wearing non-tactical but still tactically cool clothes.  I'm still not sure what hat I can wear out.  A fedora?  Noooo.  A ball cap?  Only if worn without a straight brim, and I still can't remember what logo is ok today.  Cowboy hat?  Definitely not cool.  Unless in Texas or Oklahoma.  And not allowed indoors.  Or is indoors ok?  Flags?  Yes and no.  Not IR and must be flown forward.  I just love this assault on a vet standing his ground because his dress wasn't  on the approved list.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Right on. Its good to see, I personally dont care what he is wearing.  I fucking like his messge.  

You POS can burn all the flags you want, when you go back to your cave to do bong loads or what ever, this flag will remain flying high.  

Good for him and the other counter protesters.
View Quote

Bears repeating, especially for all you perfect veteran fashion mogels, and boot/moto bashing old salts.

I say he's got the guts and the high ground.

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dude "political speech" isn't a bad thing.  He went there to counter the political speech of the flag burners.  It's most definitely political speech.  Shit, he literally presented a prepared speech about his motivations.

I'm not sure what you consider to be the definition of political speech, it's not a bad or unvirtuous thing.
View Quote

Alright, well we should definitely smoke this guy then. Let's bring him back on AD and charge him for putting up a US flag at a flag burning rally while he was wearing parts of a uniform. After all, the regs say it, so we have to follow them no matter what. There's a box that needs a check in it, so goddammit, let's put a check in it!

Seriously though yes, the guy was trying to make a point...one that he could BETTER make if it was clear to everyone that he was a veteran, which I think is why he wore the uniform. IMO something like this is NOT why that regulation was written. It was not written to prevent guys from respecting the flag while in uniform while other people around them disrespect it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Alright, well we should definitely smoke this guy then. Let's bring him back on AD and charge him for putting up a US flag at a flag burning rally while he was wearing parts of a uniform. After all, the regs say it, so we have to follow them no matter what. There's a box that needs a check in it, so goddammit, let's put a check in it!

Seriously though yes, the guy was trying to make a point...one that he could BETTER make if it was clear to everyone that he was a veteran, which I think is why he wore the uniform. IMO something like this is NOT why that regulation was written. It was not written to prevent guys from respecting the flag while in uniform while other people around them disrespect it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never said anything like that.  I was just pointing out his bootlike appearance.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I never said anything like that.  I was just pointing out his bootlike appearance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We all agree he looks like a boot.

He still looks better than guys like this:

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]

This guy is going to give us years of hilarity.

I guess you can't blouse skinny jeans.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So how much time to I get for wearing my brown t-shirts, my BDU pants, my belt, several pair of boots and even my wool socks?
View Quote

The wear out date for BDUs is past, wear them however you want.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

In the woods?  Nada.  Working in the garden?  No charges.   At the range?  Try to not get carried away, but go for it.

At Costco or the zoo?  I sentence you to time served.  By which I am referring to the time without female companionship you have already imposed on yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So how much time to I get for wearing my brown t-shirts, my BDU pants, my belt, several pair of boots and even my wool socks?

In the woods?  Nada.  Working in the garden?  No charges.   At the range?  Try to not get carried away, but go for it.

At Costco or the zoo?  I sentence you to time served.  By which I am referring to the time without female companionship you have already imposed on yourself.

Ok that was funny I admit.

touche my friend

however just hit 21 years of marriage

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Progress depends on the unreasonable man. Doubtless there are many better-dressed veterans who are busy not doing counter-protests.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

touche my friend

<a href="http://s82.photobucket.com/user/gdsjr/media/0515130942_zpseaa61ce0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/gdsjr/0515130942_zpseaa61ce0.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

touche my friend

<a href="http://s82.photobucket.com/user/gdsjr/media/0515130942_zpseaa61ce0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/gdsjr/0515130942_zpseaa61ce0.jpg</a>

Great looking family,
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top