User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
REAL WORLD

Your a straight guy.

He is a straight guy.

If you complain on him first they may, or may not, do something about it.   YOU, however, will be labeled as a 'Lil' Bitch", especially if HR is a straight guy.

In order to avoid that, here is my suggestion:

1.) Go to him and tell him the "Gay faggot" shit is old and tired and suggest he stop.  Record it if you can.   (He won't stop, but that is ok.)

2.) Document everything now.  Video and audio record any additional remarks it if you can.  One day it will get really old and tired, you may have a bad day yourself, whatever.  

3.) Then report it, and give HR copies of everything.  Save the originals.

If you get fired for whatever reason, then you get to sue for a hostile work environment.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I find that, when someone says something that's just purely for the sake of being a jackass, a quick way to shut them up and make them feel really bad is putting on a very serious expression and asking, "Why did you just say that?"

Often, they just get a confused look on their faces and stop, sometimes with an apology.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a little on the fence about this being a troll thread actually.
But if this is true, OP.  You need to up your "bullshit" game.

You have to remember you work in a heavy equipment shop, not a florist shop with a bunch of women or at
a big legal firm or a doctors office.  You shovel parts at guys that trade, fix and sell big, dumb, greasy machines for their
big, dumb, greasy owners, course language and rough humor are the norms.  In fact, this game of "bullshiting" can
be elevated to a craft if done right.  I've seen true masters at work and it can be a glorious thing to behold.
I bet our beloved member Piccolo here can sling it with the best.

If this guy gives you a "rash of shit", then give it back.  You're young, you're going to suck ass at it but you will get better at it with time.
Worst part is that if this guy is in sales, then you have your work cut out for you as those guys, as a whole, are full of shit anyway.
The deal is, you're taking everything far too personally and he's reveling in it.  Yes, it's disrespectful and, yes he's a dick for doing it, but whoever told you life was fair was selling you something.

And frankly, I'm disappointed in all the "run to HR" and "document, document, document" advise I'm seeing.  If you've managed to piss someone off bad enough that they're waiting by your pickup with a baseball bat, then it's time to get HR involved, not because someone hurt your feelings.  In these "rougher" industries,  this is the equivalent of "I'm telling my mommy" and generally won't end well.  If you have a sales guy that brings in a couple of million in sales every quarter that's giving crap to some parts guy that's acting like a little twat about it.  Guess who's going to disappear.  Again... life isn't fair.  

A few pointers:
Just remember that you're a young guy at that weird age where you're starting to know your stuff, but no one will give you any respect for it.  Every man goes through this rite of passage. It'll get better with time, you'll see.

Quit taking his bullshit so personally.  Think of it as a stupid game to pass the time.  Give it back.  If he's as dumb as you say he is, then you should be able to end run him.  DO NOT get your GF involved.  It's your duty to protect your honor, not hers, bathroom breaks or not.  
You also need to be able to tell where the limits are, if you start tearing into his family, (wife and kids are normally off limits) he might just be waiting for you out by your pickup with a baseball bat.  Then you can call HR.

View Quote

Nah not a troll thread.

Don't get me wrong. We all give each other shit. This dude just takes it beyond that and is a jackass about it. Everyone else will atleast make a half ass joke and well laugh back and forth. This guy just runs around calling me a fag or queer every chance he gets. Hes just a dick. Not many like him here. But he does sell so....

I just needed to bitch and fantasize about all the crazy shit you guys would post for retaliation
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Document this , dates time and what he said as best you remember
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep it above boards.  First speak to him in private and state that you're tired of his abrasive behavior and it would be appreciated if he'd stop.   If he keeps it up time to go to HR.  Write up a list of dates/ times/ who was there and present it to HR.  Let them do their job.

I've had to deal with bullies at work, managers of other groups.  When confronted one broke off contact with the folks in our group.  Others have ratcheted up the doochbagness because they thought it was funny.... we finally did a group write up that was sent to HR and we haven't heard anymore nonsense from them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Reminds me of this little queer guy in our parts department, all the other guys use locker room style jokes to make the boring day go by a little faster, but this little queer is always looking at avon catalogs back in between the parts shelves and acting all stand-offish.  I constantly rib on him, hoping he will join the team and come in for the big win, but now I think he may have a crush on me because I am a big guy, and he is kinda petite, I hope not, I am happily married to a BBW... at any rate, have a customer interested in a d-6 and maybe a package sale with a mini-ex, so I gotta run....

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My supervisor has personally seen it go down before. He just shakes his head and tells me to be the bigger guy

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Avoid him if at all possible. Report him and his PERSONAL attacks to your HR dept or your immediate supervisor, for what good that might do.

My supervisor has personally seen it go down before. He just shakes his head and tells me to be the bigger guy

Report them both.
If you sit back and do nothing, you are fucked.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Reminds me of this little queer guy in our parts department, all the other guys use locker room style jokes to make the boring day go by a little faster, but this little queer is always looking at avon catalogs back in between the parts shelves and acting all stand-offish.  I constantly rib on him, hoping he will join the team and come in for the big win, but now I think he may have a crush on me because I am a big guy, and he is kinda petite, I hope not, I am happily married to a BBW... at any rate, have a customer interested in a d-6 and maybe a package sale with a mini-ex, so I gotta run....

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Unfortunately him picking on you is not quite the same as you picking on his family via him. I totally get it but I suspect everyone around you will think you're the bigger dick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

classic

View Quote

username is fitting
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Every time he says something about being a faggot, tell him "Hey, you know how gay people always can identify each other in a crowd?"

Then wink at him and tell him you'll suck his dick.

Keep doing that until he stops, or you have to suck his dick.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha.  The screen name makes it so awesome.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Screen name makes it hilarious!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Why not mess with him and go "Really Gay"? Fill his email inbox up with invites to a local gay club(assuming you have those close by), have a friend send him flowers thanking him for "A Wonderful Time Last Night"... Shit like that.

Have fun with it or destroy him via HR.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To put it lightly this dude is a complete douchebag.

I work in the heavy equipment business. He is a salesman(6'4 big polish bastard). I work in part department. Anyways to get right down and into it, The VP, few sales guy and I usually go to lunch.

Well we always usually joke around with each other. Nothing too bad or serious. Except for this fucking guy. Hes always going in on me hard for no reason at all. I try and keep my personal life separate from work. This guy is always pointing out the ugliest girl at where ever we eat at and telling me to go pick her up. When I say no he goes on a rant about me being queer and gay and all this bullshit. This has literally been going on for months almost daily. Same routine. Guy just thinks hes absolutely hilarious. Well it has now went beyond just at lunch and is now going on at all hours of work. For instance I had a coworker ask me on Friday what my plans were. Told him I was taking out a girl to the movies. This salesman walks by hearing that and just shouts that cant be true because Im a faggot.

Today he took it even farther at lunch to tell me what a failure at life I am since I haven't graduated. Ive been working full time since I was 20 (24 now) and going to school part time. This is on top of the normal amount of bullshit he dishes out.

Well I have literally had it. Ive sat here and tried to be the bigger person for this entire year and I am just over his daily amount of bullshit.

I figure the only way to get this jackass to back off is play him at his own game. Im planning on hitting him where it hurts and bringing up his fucked up family life.

His wife is honestly the fattest ugliest lady I have ever seen. Last year the VP put on an event at his house. His wife somehow managed to break and collapse a metal folding chair.

I grew up with the guys daughter. Shes honestly a failure at life, big party girl back in HS and also a druggie. When she was about 19 she started fucking some mid 40 year old, married, metal band guitarist. She got pregnant and is now a single mom working at  a factory going no where in life after the guy wouldn't leave his wife for her.

I figure these factors have something to do with him being a douchebag

What would you do? Drop the bomb and bring up his personal life since he will not stop? Leave it be?
View Quote

1. stop having anything to do with him
2 give it right back. but do not drag up real crap.  he really is just messing with you.  at lunch not work.
3. or simply invite him for a beer after work. Bring up that its your first date to bring up the "gay thing" and tell him that at lunch its not cool and at work is really not cool at stop it.

Should take are of it.

Or when you see his  say hey  "bob" (insert name here) how's your wife and my kids. etc...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Im planning on hitting him where it hurts and bringing up his fucked up family life.

What would you do? Drop the bomb and bring up his personal life since he will not stop? Leave it be?
View Quote

Bringing up the dunmbasses shitty family will be a monumental mistake.  He's too stupid to see that his dumbassery is a pain in the ass so tell him to his face to quit with all the faggot talk or your going to sign him up for a gay singles cruise to the tropics.

If you make this personal then you will make an enemy like you've never seen before.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Nah not a troll thread.

Don't get me wrong. We all give each other shit. This dude just takes it beyond that and is a jackass about it. Everyone else will atleast make a half ass joke and well laugh back and forth. This guy just runs around calling me a fag or queer every chance he gets. Hes just a dick. Not many like him here. But he does sell so....

I just needed to bitch and fantasize about all the crazy shit you guys would post for retaliation
View Quote

It just seems like we've had a few threads like this and I always write the same stuff.

Just keep throwing it back at him, sooner or later something sticks.

Also  remember, living well is the best revenge.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It just seems like we've had a few threads like this and I always write the same stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah not a troll thread.

Have I really bitched that much?

Sometimes just need to vent and watch the hilarity ensue from you guys
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My mother actually cuts his hair, along with his daughters, which is why I have a little bit of dirt on him. I could actually make his life real bad this way if I wanted to
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell your mom, maybe she'll stick up for you

My mother actually cuts his hair, along with his daughters, which is why I have a little bit of dirt on him. I could actually make his life real bad this way if I wanted to
This makes me think since he knows you, he is just trying to be funny.

I think if you ask him to stop, he will.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously. Listen to me now. Show everybody at work this thread, beginning with your original post and ending with bigpolska. I'm betting everybody will have a huge laugh and things will change real fast.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh. Damn. Shit dude. Bummer. Hate it when that happens. Forget what I said earlier. Sorry to interrupt your job hunt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
It's these little diamonds that make digging through the mountain of shit that is GD so worth it.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This makes me think since he knows you, he is just trying to be funny.   I think if you ask him to stop, he will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell your mom, maybe she'll stick up for you

This makes me think since he knows you, he is just trying to be funny.   I think if you ask him to stop, he will.

I do know him. However its the way he says everything. Dudes not joking and just being a dick. Trust me I get ragged on constantly from others here in good fun. This dude is just a dick for no good reason. Ive asked him to cut it out before. No dice.

Ill just keep on keeping on with it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

All your getting of the GF figure. Not leaving it up for too long as I don't want her to get pissy

On the right. Thinking about keeping this one around. She can cook too
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/IMG_30449481071603_zpsbqcxnov8.jpeg
View Quote
She has no left knee...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Next time you see him, ask him "Have you ever kissed a parakeet?" don't wait for an answer "because you look like the kind of guy who would kiss a cockatoo!"
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Good job Op!

The lady on the left reminds me of Jillian Barberie

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jillian+Barberie+Reynolds+DvSQNQgCfrhm.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All your getting of the GF figure. Not leaving it up for too long as I don't want her to get pissy

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/IMG_30449481071603_zpsbqcxnov8.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/IMG_30449481071603_zpsbqcxnov8.jpeg</a>

Good job Op!

Ummm. Not even close to looking like Jillian.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#29]
"Did you hear that my dick died? I mention it because I heard you like to bury them in your ass."
"Do you know the difference between a dick and a check? The big pollack here won't take a check."
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:44:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Complain to your boss, go to HR, if no results a 2x4 across the face will get your point across.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read that in "must kill moose and squirrel" voice.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You have to remember you work in a heavy equipment shop, not a florist shop with a bunch of women or at
a big legal firm or a doctors office.  You shovel parts at guys that trade, fix and sell big, dumb, greasy machines for their
big, dumb, greasy owners, course language and rough humor are the norms.  In fact, this game of "bullshiting" can
be elevated to a craft if done right.  I've seen true masters at work and it can be a glorious thing to behold.

If this guy gives you a "rash of shit", then give it back.  You're young, you're going to suck ass at it but you will get better at it with time.
Worst part is that if this guy is in sales, then you have your work cut out for you as those guys, as a whole, are full of shit anyway.
The deal is, you're taking everything far too personally and he's reveling in it.  Yes, it's disrespectful and, yes he's a dick for doing it, but whoever told you life was fair was selling you something.

And frankly, I'm disappointed in all the "run to HR" and "document, document, document" advise I'm seeing.  If you've managed to piss someone off bad enough that they're waiting by your pickup with a baseball bat, then it's time to get HR involved, not because someone hurt your feelings.  In these "rougher" industries,  this is the equivalent of "I'm telling my mommy" and generally won't end well.  If you have a sales guy that brings in a couple of million in sales every quarter that's giving crap to some parts guy that's acting like a little twat about it.  Guess who's going to disappear.  Again... life isn't fair.  

A few pointers:
Just remember that you're a young guy at that weird age where you're starting to know your stuff, but no one will give you any respect for it.  Every man goes through this rite of passage. It'll get better with time, you'll see.

Quit taking his bullshit so personally.  Think of it as a stupid game to pass the time.  Give it back.  If he's as dumb as you say he is, then you should be able to end run him.  DO NOT get your GF involved.  It's your duty to protect your honor, not hers, bathroom breaks or not.  
You also need to be able to tell where the limits are, if you start tearing into his family, (wife and kids are normally off limits) he might just be waiting for you out by your pickup with a baseball bat.  Then you can call HR.
View Quote

This advice seems reasonable to me, but I'm female and don't really enter into male bonding rituals much. ;)

I will say there seems to be a corollary in work relationships in general though. I started working in the juvenile corrections system for a stint and one of the officers there had a bit of a repuation for starting crap with the newer officers.
I got assigned to his unit one day, and he and two other officers were sitting around BSing when one of them asked me after a while what I thought of Officer "Smith." I looked at him, said I'd only just just met him ten minutes ago, and already I didn't like him. He busted out laughing and left me alone, never did give me grief. Of course this is on a much lower level than you are dealing with, but I really like the advice above. I'd give it a shot before involving HR. But if an honest effort to humor the guy didn't work, I'd go scorched earth.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s301.photobucket.com/user/cclement45/media/IMG_30449481071603_zpsbqcxnov8.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/IMG_30449481071603_zpsbqcxnov8.jpeg</a>

Good job Op!

what you gonna tell me Chloe Dechanel and Katy Perry don;t look a like either.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Bang his whore daughter and show the video to co-workers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Buy a taser, when he goes into the bathroom, give him a buzz.  Then have a little heart to heart with him about you being sensitive.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good job Op!

Midcap.

I had to look up this Jillian lady. I see what you are saying about the two being similar. I am okay with this
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would NOT play his game.  Imagine if you got fired for being an asshole at work.  How ironic would that be?

Instead, I'd have a word with the VP and say you are tired of this guy's unprofessional bullshit - and also mention to HR the "hostile work environment" that this guy is creating.  
View Quote

Good advice. Don't drop down to his level....it could get very ugly for YOU.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good job Op!

No, not at all.

But I used to dream about Jillian, hot chick who loves food and football.

when I saw the OP's picture, she didn't remind me of Jillian.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#39]
OP would never make it on a construction crew.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Each state is different but in IL if you notify your supervisor of sexual harassment and they do not act on it then they are breaking the law by not communicating to HR.

As a few others have said, it is not chicken shit and nobody should have to deal with that on a daily basis.  Talk to your supervisor again and let him know you are approaching HR and intend to file a complaint if you hear one more comment from this guy.  If your supervisor has any brains he will communicate to this idiot and his supervisor that things have progressed to a dangerous point.

I am Director Of Operations for my company and have had to deal with this type of stuff several times.  When this guy knows you are serious and taking it to another level he will stop or implode and get fired anyways.

DO NOT under any circumstances play his game.  It could backfire on you and get you fired.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This advice seems reasonable to me, but I'm female and don't really enter into male bonding rituals much. ;)

I will say there seems to be a corollary in work relationships in general though. I started working in the juvenile corrections system for a stint and one of the officers there had a bit of a repuation for starting crap with the newer officers.
I got assigned to his unit one day, and he and two other officers were sitting around BSing when one of them asked me after a while what I thought of Officer "Smith." I looked at him, said I'd only just just met him ten minutes ago, and already I didn't like him. He busted out laughing and left me alone, never did give me grief. Of course this is on a much lower level than you are dealing with, but I really like the advice above. I'd give it a shot before involving HR. But if an honest effort to humor the guy didn't work, I'd go scorched earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few pointers:

It's better than reasonable. If OP wants to fit in this environment he's going to have to learn some gutter humor, self-deprecating at first. For instance, next time bigpolska says go talk to the girl over there, OP might come back with something like "shit oh dear I already have 1 woman. I wouldn't know what I'd do with *4* tits. Anyway, how the hell do you get 2 BJ's at the same time?"
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Do NOT retaliate in kind.

If you have already talked to the guy and he continues, talk to the manager, explain what the guy is doing, and tell him the co worker is creating a hostile work environment. It will get their attention.

I realize this will go over like a lead balloon here, but if YOU respond in kind, and this guy goes to management, YOU are the one who is fucked.

Or you could descend to his level, insult his wife and daughter, and get fired.
View Quote

THIS.

Or

Have a buddy who your workers don't know turn up wherever you have lunch and full on flirt with the guy. He will look gay and you can just laugh whenever he says something from then on .
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like a typical polack.  They are all fucktards.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Treat him as nice and friendly in front of witnesses as possible. Then get HR to fire him for poor performance. You can threaten a harassment suit. Get him recorded first.

Be apologetic that the economy forced his lay off.

This ass is not kidding you, he is using you as his therapy punching bag.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I think in the 7 years I have had this job title I handled 5 cases of sexual harassment.  In all 5 cases, the person reporting the harassment simply wanted it to stop and not get anyone fired.  Not one lawsuit and I only had to fire one guy.  In each case there was enough cause to terminate if I wanted to but I always gave them a 2nd chance.  One guy unfortunately did not learn his lesson and was subsequently let go after the 2nd infraction with a different employee.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Tell him Sobieski was a closet faggot.   That will be funny.

Also tell that Poland is only good at getting bombed by Germany.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I find that, when someone says something that's just purely for the sake of being a jackass, a quick way to shut them up and make them feel really bad is putting on a very serious expression and asking, "Why did you just say that?"

Often, they just get a confused look on their faces and stop, sometimes with an apology.
View Quote

This one, especially if in a big group of people.  He will lose major face with the group if you do this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why not just tell him man to man cut the shit out.
View Quote

Holy Fuck... this!

Why are so many dudes such pussies these days?
He's a ball busting bully and has gone too far, either bust his balls back or invite him outside...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Piss on him to establish dominance, you beta bastard.

View Quote

Came here to post this
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top