Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would NOT play his game.  Imagine if you got fired for being an asshole at work.  How ironic would that be?

Instead, I'd have a word with the VP and say you are tired of this guy's unprofessional bullshit - and also mention to HR the "hostile work environment" that this guy is creating.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Next time he points out some girl and tells you to go pick her up, walk over to her and tell her that he is interested in her and give her his number.

Then walk back and tell him what you have done.
View Quote

Ill add this to the tool box as well. Not a bad idea
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#3]
One time when I was turning wrenches, there was this new guy we hired who was pretty annoying. He would take everyone's tools and then hide them. So one day, he touched my $350 dollar torque wrench and hid it and didn't want to tell me where it was. I needed it right then and there. So, what I did was is I took the forklift and ran over his brand new snap on rolling tool cart fight in front of his eyes. He started to cry,  he never hid a tool from me again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Document everything. Go to HR.
Not as much fun as personal attacks but way more effective
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Don't fall down to his level.  Pull him aside, just you and him so he doesn't get defensive in front of other people, and tell him to cut the shit out now.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good call.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright.

Next time he starts in on his shit Ill ask to talk to him privately. Tell him to cut the shit as some has suggested.

That doesn't work Ill take it up the food chain to management.

Your right, probably shouldn't stoop to his level and get fired over playing his game.

Good call.  

Dang it DK I was going to get in a couple more snarky remarks before telling OP to man up a tell the guy to cut the bs.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
You said he's a sales guy.  Does he hit his numbers and make the company a decent amount of money?  If so, the course of action all depends on how bad you want to keep your job.  I would try busting his stones right back, but just bullshit stuff like he's doing to you.  If you go for the "it's funny because it's true" approach with his personal life, be prepared to be loved tenderly by HR.  Another option is to just start doing things to fuck with him, making sure that whatever you do isn't losing business for the company.  The third option is to quit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good call.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright.

Next time he starts in on his shit Ill ask to talk to him privately. Tell him to cut the shit as some has suggested.

That doesn't work Ill take it up the food chain to management.

Your right, probably shouldn't stoop to his level and get fired over playing his game.

Good call.  

yep, but you need to make sure that you guys supervisor knows about it and it is documented. Meaning send you supervisor an e-mail with a read receipt and keep a hard copy of it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
File a sexual harassment claim.
View Quote

Most sexual harassment claims are BS.

Some are not.

This is a clear cut, legitimate case.

Slash and burn.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Do NOT retaliate in kind.

If you have already talked to the guy and he continues, talk to the manager, explain what the guy is doing, and tell him the co worker is creating a hostile work environment. It will get their attention.

I realize this will go over like a lead balloon here, but if YOU respond in kind, and this guy goes to management, YOU are the one who is fucked.
Or you could descend to his level, insult his wife and daughter, and get fired.
View Quote
87 million times this.

Also, document, document, document.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright now that I have calmed down a bit.

Heres the order of escalating force I plan to use.

Private talk with him(again).

Go to management.

Suck it up for a bit longer if still nothing.

When at wits end again in a few months, kick in knee caps and piss on him to establish dominance
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:49:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Set up a meeting with HR and your manager.  Get it documented.  You have already reported it once with no action taken, since your supervisor is aware.

This is sexual harassment.  The locker room, childish gay jokes and slurs are now about a protected class.  I know someone who would do this to everyone he knew and worked with.  It took a while, but someones wife overheard the line of shit, took personal offence, and the pathway to HR heated up.  Luckily it was just a letter of reprimand and a come to Jesus reckoning.  

Do not talk with the guy.  He will start to make up shit.

Lawyer up.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Does he "go in" on your other co-workers like that or is he just pointing it at you?

Either way, I'd ask him to stop and then talk to HR.

Don't retaliate, that will get you fired.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Talk to HR first.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell your mom, maybe she'll stick up for you

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]
He's polish, that's enough punishment.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does he "go in" on your other co-workers like that or is he just pointing it at you?

View Quote

Mostly just me. When he does joke with the others its never near as personal
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Alright now that I have calmed down a bit.

Heres the order of escalating force I plan to use.

Go to management.

Suck it up for a bit longer if still nothing.

When at wits end again in a few months, kick in knee caps and piss on him to establish dominance
View Quote

get you a marble composition and document, document, document.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Grow a thicker skin and come back with worse insults about him, tell him his mom is a whore, etc.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's because he doesn't respect you.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

My mother actually cuts his hair, along with his daughters, which is why I have a little bit of dirt on him. I could actually make his life real bad this way if I wanted to
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Grow a thicker skin and come back with worse insults about him, tell him his mom is a whore, etc.
View Quote

that's normally the SOP for working at a small biz.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#23]
As much as you don't want to....

Fuck his daughter....

this is the only real solution to the problem, just don't get her prego, but be sure to take pics of yourself balls deep in his baby girl.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Get this: http://www.amazon.com/ThinkGeek-Eviltron/dp/B002X8ROD8

Put it in his office somewhere that he can't find and watch him go slowly insane.

Edit, another version:  http://www.thegreenhead.com/2008/12/annoy-a-tron-2.php
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe this to be true. I have done nothing wrong to him. Ive even went above and beyond to help him on deals before. Although I view that more as helping the company more than I do helping him out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My mother actually cuts his hair, along with his daughters, which is why I have a little bit of dirt on him. I could actually make his life real bad this way if I wanted to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know how Polish culture is, but if it were French or Itallian if you told your mom what he was doing, she would tell his sister and she would tell his mom, then his mom would give him an earful.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To put it lightly this dude is a complete douchebag.

I work in the heavy equipment business. He is a salesman(6'4 big polish bastard). I work in part department. Anyways to get right down and into it, The VP, few sales guy and I usually go to lunch.

Well we always usually joke around with each other. Nothing too bad or serious. Except for this fucking guy. Hes always going in on me hard for no reason at all. I try and keep my personal life separate from work. This guy is always pointing out the ugliest girl at where ever we eat at and telling me to go pick her up. When I say no he goes on a rant about me being queer and gay and all this bullshit. This has literally been going on for months almost daily. Same routine. Guy just thinks hes absolutely hilarious. Well it has now went beyond just at lunch and is now going on at all hours of work. For instance I had a coworker ask me on Friday what my plans were. Told him I was taking out a girl to the movies. This salesman walks by hearing that and just shouts that cant be true because Im a faggot.

Today he took it even farther at lunch to tell me what a failure at life I am since I haven't graduated. Ive been working full time since I was 20 (24 now) and going to school part time. This is on top of the normal amount of bullshit he dishes out.

Well I have literally had it. Ive sat here and tried to be the bigger person for this entire year and I am just over his daily amount of bullshit.

The next time he walks past you when your talking with someone look at him then look at the person you are talking with and say "those are dick sucking lips if ive ever seen them" then look back at him...

I figure the only way to get this jackass to back off is play him at his own game. Im planning on hitting him where it hurts and bringing up his fucked up family life.

His wife is honestly the fattest ugliest lady I have ever seen. Last year the VP put on an event at his house. His wife somehow managed to break and collapse a metal folding chair.

I grew up with the guys daughter. Shes honestly a failure at life, big party girl back in HS and also a druggie. When she was about 19 she started fucking some mid 40 year old, married, metal band guitarist. She got pregnant and is now a single mom working at  a factory going no where in life after the guy wouldn't leave his wife for her.

I figure these factors have something to do with him being a douchebag

What would you do? Drop the bomb and bring up his personal life since he will not stop? Leave it be?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
As much as you don't want to....

Fuck his daughter....

this is the only real solution to the problem, just don't get her prego, but be sure to take pics of yourself balls deep in his baby girl.

View Quote

Im not metal band material enough
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#30]
my rule for shit talking is to always let other people start it, then I take it way farther that it should be taken.  for example, my buddy in high school made fun of me for having big ears, I tore into him about how his parents were divorced because his dad hates him.  so if I were you, start the shit talking.  try to make him cry or assault you.  if he cries, maybe he'll stop talking shit to you, if he gets mad, maybe he'll assault you and get fired, either way it might stop the shit talking.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Like everyone else said, just go to HR. Even better if you can get it on video. Then you can tell him "dude, pretty good joke huh" when he's cleaning out his office.

If you just want to shut him up. There are plenty of one liners available from what you told me

Tell him that he's the only one that like to fuck oxen. Then compliment him on how his daughter is doing pretty well considering she is half bovine. then moo at him. every time he says something, moo at him. If he orders a burger, ask him if eating it makes him horny. ask if he like the chik fil a commercials better than carls jr commercials.

When he asks if you're gay, say "yup, and you got a purty mouth" or "for the last time, I'm not gay, and stop kicking my foot when I'm taking a dump at work"

Make fun of his weight. Unless he's a beanpole, but you said big polish bastard, so weight seems good. Order for him if he's late. Get him a salad. when he makes fun of you just ask if he feels better about being a fat fucking loser since he makes up lies about you. Dont be nice, be an ass.  Straight up ask him how small his cock is (in front of everyone) next time he makes fun of you. In short, pretend its GD (but dont piss on his leg)

dont make fun of the things that he can change, like clothes, or beard or how he talks, cause he'll just change it. Make fun of stuff he can't help. Like jacked up teeth, slutty wife... Thats where real feelings are hurt.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#32]
OP's date?

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Go to management. ]
View Quote

One talk.. Nothing more. And you already did that

Document

HR

EEOC
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I have no helpful advice to offer you OP.
The "loudmouth, asshole salesman" is a common trope.
They had one on The Offfice who was named Todd Packer.
Here's an example of his behavior:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0weMk_65xs
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like about 95% of sales associates (especially ones who are good at their job)

They walk around like they're the shit - it is what it is.

Stooping low enough to insult a man's wife and kids (regardless of how much he fucks with you) is grounds to get you knocked the fuck out, and worse - fired.

Thicken up that skin and give it right back to him, but leave family out of it. Or complain to HR if you choose, but that'll probably only make the shenanigans worse unless they give him the axe.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#36]
You said she's a druggie.... bet she'd let you SIIHBAPP for $100 bucks.

just be sure to take a pic so you can show him if you need to.

That way you don't get in trouble at work... unless your company policy has something about not banging co-workers daughters.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#38]
OP here is something to think about....

Just because he's a big guy it does not mean that he can't have little man syndrome.

I had a guy in my company who got all pissed off and called my boss saying that I was
talking down to him when I was just telling him exactly what my boss told me to tell him.
(I was just making him aware of a procedure I had t follow for approval prior to an upgrade)

I finally met the guy in person and it was clear he drives a big truck

Some people are just like that yes they can be a pain to work with, but take the high road.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
To put it lightly this dude is a complete douchebag.

I work in the heavy equipment business. He is a salesman(6'4 big polish bastard). I work in part department. Anyways to get right down and into it, The VP, few sales guy and I usually go to lunch.

Well we always usually joke around with each other. Nothing too bad or serious. Except for this fucking guy. Hes always going in on me hard for no reason at all. I try and keep my personal life separate from work. This guy is always pointing out the ugliest girl at where ever we eat at and telling me to go pick her up. When I say no he goes on a rant about me being queer and gay and all this bullshit. This has literally been going on for months almost daily. Same routine. Guy just thinks hes absolutely hilarious. Well it has now went beyond just at lunch and is now going on at all hours of work. For instance I had a coworker ask me on Friday what my plans were. Told him I was taking out a girl to the movies. This salesman walks by hearing that and just shouts that cant be true because Im a faggot.

Today he took it even farther at lunch to tell me what a failure at life I am since I haven't graduated. Ive been working full time since I was 20 (24 now) and going to school part time. This is on top of the normal amount of bullshit he dishes out.

Well I have literally had it. Ive sat here and tried to be the bigger person for this entire year and I am just over his daily amount of bullshit.

I figure the only way to get this jackass to back off is play him at his own game. Im planning on hitting him where it hurts and bringing up his fucked up family life.

His wife is honestly the fattest ugliest lady I have ever seen. Last year the VP put on an event at his house. His wife somehow managed to break and collapse a metal folding chair.

I grew up with the guys daughter. Shes honestly a failure at life, big party girl back in HS and also a druggie. When she was about 19 she started fucking some mid 40 year old, married, metal band guitarist. She got pregnant and is now a single mom working at  a factory going no where in life after the guy wouldn't leave his wife for her.

I figure these factors have something to do with him being a douchebag

What would you do? Drop the bomb and bring up his personal life since he will not stop? Leave it be?
View Quote

If he is going to run his mouth, it should be your mission to run your mouth worse.  If he says snot, you say booger.  If he says pussy, you say cunt.  If he says your a faggot, you tell him his wife probably contracted cervical cancer from her long years cleaning doorknobs and bathroom fixtures with her crotch in that STD camp in Liberia, and you know it is true because of the way your eyes burn when you see how bad her rotten twat stained his teeth.

Just don't go too hard on him, cuz you should really keep it friendly.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Complained to the GF figure about it.

She said she had no problem stopping by and letting him see us slip into the bathroom together for a bit

This option has been placed at the top of the list
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Pics of GF.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Another good one is to get prepaid subscriptions in his name to magazines like these all sent to him at work. In a couple of months he will be on the ropes defending himself as not gay and you can bring up things like "Hey man, didn't you always call me gay? Why were you doing that? Do you like me?"

Just know that this cannot come back to you so make sure you don't pay for the subscriptions with a regular credit card and use some type of prepaid debit card. Things could get pretty dicey during this process but know that you will come out the victor.

All these people saying to go to HR are p*ssies

and

OR

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I know it sounds like a bitch move, but since it is happening at work, I would bring it up to hr. People who dish shit out like that usually have the thinnest skin. If you attack him, he'll get you fired.
View Quote

I agree with this.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#45]
He doesn't respect you.  If you can't take it, then go to HR.  Otherwise just dish it back, leave family out of it.  

Put him on CL in the men for men section, give phone number in ad, watch phone calls and dick pics roll in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't know if this is the best course of action....

he will probably just start to tell you that your sister is hot, even though she is not your sister and is your GF.

Also, pics of GF are required.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Take it to HR and you'll be know as the whiny bitch who couldn't deal with a little ribbing.  Also, if he's making the company money hand over fist, they'll hang you out to dry faster than you can say "WTF happened".
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#48]
What's so difficult about fucking him in the ass?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#49]
All your getting of the GF figure. Not leaving it up for too long as I don't want her to get pissy

On the right. Thinking about keeping this one around. She can cook too

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#50]
He expects you to play his game. I agree with some of the others, you are too thin skinned. Give it right back and he will slack off. It's like "state school", you have been designated a bitch. Earn back your respect. I still see it happen and am almost 50 years old. There is always some fucking clown. He respects those on his level, or what he percieves on his level. To achieve his level, feed him his turds, play his game, he will relent.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top