Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
best of luck in your endeavor dupemaster

You are doing it for all the right reasons to be a good LONGTERM husband and dad.

After your 30 day bacon experiment ... try out a few other dieting methods and I am sure you will find one that works for you.

I am on my own hybrid Atkins-Carb and calorie restricted diet that I tried to infuse alittle Keto into ... but my body just doesn't seem to like the high fat butters cheese salami that I have been experimenting with of late. I did manage to drop 25-30lbs over a couple month run so I am happy with the results thus far. I tried eating almonds and pecans but I don't seem to be digesting them that well and have been feeling bloated the past few days.

Sounds like you are staying in touch with your doctor thru all this so that's good.

Whatever it is you decide to roll with to drop all your weight to your target, just make sure it is something you can keep up ( to a lesser degree ) so you maintain a healthy weight going forward longterm. I am really focused on making real changes in the way I eat and look at food and meal time. And its sobering to realize how often I negligently shoved food that was BAD for me into my pie hole on a daily basis. Even when I wasn't truly hungry. You have to reprogram the way you look at food.

I am sure you can do it as I am 56 and pretty hard headed and even I am making great progress with how I look at food(s) and how I view eating now on a daily basis

Best of luck and keep us posted !!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
no offense but please don't include the shirtless pics in every intro
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Needs to be there.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Needs to be there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs to be there.
I agree, it really shows the weight of the situation
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs to be there.
it was good in the trailer... but every intro?

i guess if it motivates you... hurry up and get sexier though
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs to be there.

I think it's just a good constant reminder to the viewer and hopefully the channel becomes successful and he can add some other pictures showing the changes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs to be there.

That's the point. Motivation not to be discussing any more. Ever again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think it's just a good constant reminder to the viewer and hopefully the channel becomes successful and he can add some other pictures showing the changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs to be there.

I do plan on evolving it as I lose weight.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, any chance you hunt? Not sure but I would think  homemade Grizzly bear bacon might be healthier then store bought... Oh and good on you for the dedication...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP, any chance you hunt? Not sure but I would think  homemade Grizzly bear bacon might be healthier then store bought... Oh and good on you for the dedication...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/image-171273.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/404934/image-171274.JPG
View Quote
That looks pretty tasty!

I am going to start making my own, if I ever get my park belly. The butcher is still out. I'm about to head to the next town...
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I am the OP from the other thread.. loving your videos and stuff!  watching them as you post them.  Keep up the good work!  It is awesome how much you dropped in just a few days.

I am doing isagenix shakes mixed with myfitnesspal and it is working for me, but I am still contemplating going keto like this.  i love bacon almost as much as my wife.  Anyways.. dont forget there is also jalapeno bacon!!!  You can also coat it with stuff such as sriracha when you bake it too if it is low/no carb.  get creative!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am the OP from the other thread.. loving your videos and stuff!  watching them as you post them.  Keep up the good work!  It is awesome how much you dropped in just a few days.

I am doing isagenix shakes mixed with myfitnesspal and it is working for me, but I am still contemplating going keto like this.  i love bacon almost as much as my wife.  Anyways.. dont forget there is also jalapeno bacon!!!  You can also coat it with stuff such as sriracha when you bake it too if it is low/no carb.  get creative!!
View Quote
Thanks for posting it!

I have been thinking for a few months that I really need to do something and stop being fat. It's been really consuming me lately, but I had not been able to get the mindset right.

For whatever reason, Dans page really hit me and I went for it.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That Keto shit is ok in the short term, but its not healthy, IDAGF.   You need a balanced diet of real food.  It's not hard, it just requires that you be genuinely interested and proactive on learning more all the time, and not being afraid to ditch old beliefs and keep progressing.  
View Quote
Where's your evidence of such a claim? Or is it just a "gut feeling" that you have?
Keto dieters don't eat real food? What is balance? Is getting 50-60% of your calories from carbohydrates balanced? 6-11 servings of grain every day?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
So new favorite way of cooking bacon.

Sprinkle a little turmeric, spice curry, and tandoori powder on the bacon. Apply a thin line of cock sauce, roll and bake at 350 for 25-30 min (until crisp to your liking.

Omg good!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think you meant...

HNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!

Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go for it dude! I bet you'll have a real hard time shitting about a week in
View Quote
Quite untrue!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quite untrue!
View Quote
Yep.  I've been keto for a couple months, and while I don't go often, when I do, it's uh....effortless. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yep.  I've been keto for a couple months, and while I don't go often, when I do, it's uh....effortless. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite untrue!
Yeah... was a little too easy tonight... twice. Though I can't fully blame it on the bacon. I think I took too much magnesium.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
We should hang out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:05:25 AM EDT
[#23]
You have enough time to cure and smoke your own before this is over.

Do it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:41:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah... was a little too easy tonight... twice. Though I can't fully blame it on the bacon. I think I took too much magnesium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quite untrue!
I've lost 30 pounds in the last 60 days doing keto... mostly in 5 pound increments. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:23:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You know, there is a real easy solution to the jealousy... It's at the grocery store.
View Quote
I'm not sure my stomach could handle only bacon.   But it's cool to follow your thread. Keep up the science.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Blood work before and after would have been interesting.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I predict that when it is over the subject will loathe bacon and throw up every time he hears a squeal.
Either that or he grows a curly tail.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Definitely
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
He posted a pic of his before bloodwork on page 2 or 3 i think.

Triglycerides were like 250, hdl 42 or so... I think ldl was 140 something ldl is a poor indicator of anything but i would bet his pattern a to pattern b ldl was shot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#30]
My memory isn't too bad
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Bacon rolled up is the best way to cook it! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#32]
After this phase is over you should try making some bacon wrapped shrimp.  It looks rolled up like that but with shrimp.  You have to use raw shrimp or it will be over cooked by the time the bacon is done.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Tag.  Interesting thread & videos.  The bit about habits is pretty interesting to me.  I have a few I need to re-write myself.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Will we see day six before page six?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Will we see day six before page six?
View Quote
Day 8 will be up in a few minuets.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bacon rolled up is the best way to cook it! https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24268/IMG-8247-172252.JPG
View Quote
A beautiful bouquet of bacon roses!!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tag.  Interesting thread & videos.  The bit about habits is pretty interesting to me.  I have a few I need to re-write myself.
View Quote
Its an interesting topic for sure!

The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Holy shit.

How was it??
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I was raised in AK. My dad and uncles hunted and I ate a lot of bear sausage and bacon... It's good!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Day 8 is up. One week check weigh in!

Bacon Diet - My Bacon Experiment || Day 8 of Bacon for 30 Days
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Day 8 is up. One week check weigh in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wquQtjDGVY
View Quote
Glad you're doing better. Still waiting for some arfcomisms such as F U Arock, beans or no beans and 9 vs 45.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#42]
In! Subscribed to your channel!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Great job, enjoying your videos.

The audio was a little quiet on the latest video

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#44]
As soon as the video started I could tell that you were past the keto-flu stage.  Just an FYI the initial weeks weight loss goes quick and after that it slows down and can stall.  Electrolites as you mentioned are probably a big part of that.  Your body is shifting fluids around trying to rebalance and you lose weight rapidly.  Once things stabilize the weight doesn't just magically fall off but it should come off at a steady rate.  I would expect 1/2 to 1 pound per day, for 4 to 5 days, and then a slight stall.

The audio levels of the video were up and down, as I'm sure you noticed.  In the car to and from the butcher my volume was 30-40% but when you were talking outdoors it was 80-90%.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Great thread!

I want to try cooking some rolled up bacon. What temperature are you cooking at and for how long?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Great thread!

I want to try cooking some rolled up bacon. What temperature are you cooking at and for how long?
View Quote
Thanks!

I'm doing 350 for about 22 min. Just depends how you like them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
As soon as the video started I could tell that you were past the keto-flu stage.  Just an FYI the initial weeks weight loss goes quick and after that it slows down and can stall.  Electrolites as you mentioned are probably a big part of that.  Your body is shifting fluids around trying to rebalance and you lose weight rapidly.  Once things stabilize the weight doesn't just magically fall off but it should come off at a steady rate.  I would expect 1/2 to 1 pound per day, for 4 to 5 days, and then a slight stall.

The audio levels of the video were up and down, as I'm sure you noticed.  In the car to and from the butcher my volume was 30-40% but when you were talking outdoors it was 80-90%.  
View Quote
Thanks,

I don't really know what to do about the audio without testing with headphones before evert take. Way too much work for this right now. The camera auto setting is horrendous. The sound floor is way too high and it clips all of the time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thanks,

I don't really know what to do about the audio without testing with headphones before evert take. Way too much work for this right now. The camera auto setting is horrendous. The sound floor is way too high and it clips all of the time.
View Quote
Top 5 things every aspiring YouTube video producer needs! - @Barnacules
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#49]
This will be interesting, I'm planning on trying this (with one caveat, I won't give up Wednesday ice cream with my son, it's a regular thing he counts on) after CWW III.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Does YouTube have something that can help level the audio?  I know they do on brightness and motion blur.  

Are you familiar with key frames in Premier?  This video covers creating audio key frames in Premier and adjust the volume on the timeline.  That is the quick and dirty way to do it but it would save you from having to set your audio levels when you record and it would let you adjust a segment when you switch from filming something to a close up.

https://youtu.be/zAoZSCXSfHs

Audio Keyframes - Adobe Premiere Pro Training
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top