Quoted:
Ask tsetse or old_slabside
View Quote
tsetse has always been like that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The site of the eternally banned will pay a hefty sum just so DanTSX can troll arfcom and continue his war with this site.

And I will be ready to report and have him nuked again.

So yeah DanTSX, if you're reading this, this emote is just for YOU:
View Quote
He was giving about 25 a pop
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

13er accounts are the most valuable.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

lol
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

buckshot _ ralph would certainly have a nicer ring to it.
View Quote
buttshot_fred
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$100,000.00
PayPal Gift only.
View Quote
IM sent.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought you were already one of them.  
View Quote
Judging from his daily posting of click bait MSM sites, you're right.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#7]
OG of the OG

First ice cream sammich gets mine

Ed
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Mines for sale in ee for 87 bucks
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
$100,000.00
PayPal Gift only.
View Quote
Noob.

CASH only!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?  I'll have to change that avatar right off. 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#11]
IDK but I am sure once I die I will start posting in support of Democrats.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Why would anyone want an old account? I consider anyone with an account older than say 2006 to be a good chance at being a whack job. I mean, who back in the early 00's is into guns enough to go on a specific gun site, much less become a member.

You guys know I'm right
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Staff could make so much money off this.  There are tons of old accounts that have nbeen very been used.
View Quote
Imagine what some people would pay for a life membership on a minty fresh 12 yo account?  Instant status.  $5k?  Maybe $10k to the right fool.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:41:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Mines perfect. 17yr old accnt, decent amount of posts, 100% feedback and I'm an unknown. Good deal!

$50k
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I think all 13er and newer ones are suspect any way
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mines perfect. 17yr old accnt, decent amount of posts, 100% feedback and I'm an unknown. Good deal!

$50k
View Quote
I give you two fiddy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Staff could make so much money off this.  There are tons of old accounts that have nbeen very been used.
View Quote
Is my old Azzclown account still there? Goatboy let me keep it after negotiations at the first Black Rifle. Cost me a 5th of Rum I think. I can't remember the password  

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
How much imitation crab meat ya got?

....and do you have it with you?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Site should create fake old accounts, sell them, then ban them....
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Neither does this 13er  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SteyrAug, is that you?
New members don't even understand why that's funny.
Neither does this 13er  
Long before your time here.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You want to buy an account with over 200,000 post count otherwise your have no credibility
View Quote
Would that be the ARFCOM equivalent of stolen valor? 
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#22]
It would be interesting to see replies made about ar15.com accounts being bought here

I've bought team memberships for a few people here.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I will allow a perspective buyer to test drive my account for one month for the sum of one bitcoin, to be applied to the full purchase price of 10 bitcoin if you decide to buy.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I give you two fiddy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$50k
I give you two fiddy.
$250K?!
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#25]
LOL

Trumptard-"I can't believe Conservative gun owners aren't sucking Trump's balls. They must be ShareBlue shills!!!!l"

Pathetic
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Probably very little, and I would be shocked if some Dem social media group wanted to buy it.

There's a lot more influence to cast on sites such as Reddit etc.
View Quote
High value reddit accounts were going for ~800 - 1500.
I'd guess a fair bit higher than that due to the difficulty of registering accounts here, unless you recruit from educators. Which they do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's not just about influencing other posters on the sites they are posting on. It's about giving an impression about what the consensus
belief is to outsiders, policymakers, etc. As an example, if 25% of the posts on a hard-right, pro-trump message board are
anti-trump shill posts, that can be turned into a news story by your controlled press saying that the right wing is
fracturing, and that there's major dissent even among strong supporters, etc. We saw the exact same thing before
the election, with endless stories about how lopsided a Democratic win was going to be, that the Republican campaign
was falling apart, and thanks to the CTR shills there were tons of messages on social media supporting that image.

It's about faking reality, not about changing minds anywhere they are posting their craptastic messages.

When it is an attempt to influence on the site, it's usually not about getting people to change their view, but to get
them to be demoralized and give up. A lot of CTR's messaging immediately prior to the election was an attempt
to make the election look like it was already won and a lost cause so the right didn't go out and vote. Fortunately
a lot of people explicitly saw through that and actually got more motivated when the news stories didn't sync up
with the reality in 95% of the country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worth absolutely nothing.

In order for shilling to be worthwhile people have to be influenced.

I've never seen anyone on here change their mind about anything, even when proven conclusively wrong.

You will never win hearts and minds here.
It's not just about influencing other posters on the sites they are posting on. It's about giving an impression about what the consensus
belief is to outsiders, policymakers, etc. As an example, if 25% of the posts on a hard-right, pro-trump message board are
anti-trump shill posts, that can be turned into a news story by your controlled press saying that the right wing is
fracturing, and that there's major dissent even among strong supporters, etc. We saw the exact same thing before
the election, with endless stories about how lopsided a Democratic win was going to be, that the Republican campaign
was falling apart, and thanks to the CTR shills there were tons of messages on social media supporting that image.

It's about faking reality, not about changing minds anywhere they are posting their craptastic messages.

When it is an attempt to influence on the site, it's usually not about getting people to change their view, but to get
them to be demoralized and give up. A lot of CTR's messaging immediately prior to the election was an attempt
to make the election look like it was already won and a lost cause so the right didn't go out and vote. Fortunately
a lot of people explicitly saw through that and actually got more motivated when the news stories didn't sync up
with the reality in 95% of the country.
This being a gun board, I could see it if some big piece of gun legislation was being debated and they wanted to say "25% of Arfcom believe 30 round magazines should be banned" or some such.  But other than that, not sure anyone does or should care about this little corner of the internet.  It's a gun site, for people that love guns.  Most happen to be conservative, but a few are liberal.  But that mix is a byproduct of the political platforms (where anti-gun is one of the key positions of Dems).  So a liberal gun rights activist is a bit of an outlier.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:42:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Give me $50 and a handjob, and my account is all yours.

Disclaimer; This account cannot afford one more timeout or ban. It's sort of like buying a glass dildo with a crack in it. Yeah, you could use it, but not to its full potential. One fuck up and it's game over.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#29]
TOS had 2007-2009 arfcom accounts  for $40-$120...
But I got banned from TOS and now I'm on TOOS.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#30]
$500
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:05:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
TOS had 2007-2009 accounts for $40-$120...
But I got banned from TOS and now I'm on TOOS.
View Quote
Hmmmm. Interdasting. My account over there is from at least 2008. Possibly late 2007. Haven't used it in forever.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Therefore anyone who has contradictory opinions to mine are paid accounts based off this one account.
View Quote
I'm no longer allowed to talk to certain shills, as someone reported me as harassing them. Evidently if I argue with the two or three regulars, I am singling them out. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The site of the eternally banned will pay a hefty sum just so DanTSX can troll arfcom and continue his war with this site.

And I will be ready to report and have him nuked again.

So yeah DanTSX, if you're reading this, this emote is just for YOU:
View Quote
What if @MrColionNoir is DanTSX?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#35]
For mine, 

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I only paid $500 for Aimless'.

But perhaps I've said too much.
View Quote
You haven't said enough, I thought that I heard you laughing...
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Is there a market?
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
LOL

Trumptard-"I can't believe Conservative gun owners aren't sucking Trump's balls. They must be ShareBlue shills!!!!l"

Pathetic
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote
While I will agree with this, you guys take the nevertrump to a whole nother level with conspriacy levels of Trump wrong doing. It looks like you and a few others want him to fail at all cost. It's just as sad as the Trumpettes.

I at least hope the guy does some good. After the last eight years of fail, I'll take anything. It's what we've been given.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
While I will agree with this, you guys take the nevertrump to a whole nother level with conspriacy levels of Trump wrong doing. It looks like you and a few others want him to fail at all cost. It's just as sad as the Trumpettes.

I at least hope the guy does some good. After the last eight years of fail, I'll take anything. It's what we've been given.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Disagree with me all you want.  I respect that - and I mean that without any snark.  I've got zero respect for those here that run around and accuse everyone that disagrees with them of being a shill.  I've always seen it as a defense mechanism for those that are deeply insecure about their own beliefs.  They have to tell themselves that they are so right that no one disagree with them - and that the people that do disagree with them don't actually believe that and have to be paid to post.

My $0.02
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Give me $50 and a handjob, and my account is all yours.

Disclaimer; This account cannot afford one more timeout or ban. It's sort of like buying a glass dildo with a crack in it. Yeah, you could use it, but not to its full potential. One fuck up and it's game over.
View Quote
*reported*

Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm no longer allowed to talk to certain shills, as someone reported me as harassing them. Evidently if I argue with the two or three regulars, I am singling them out. Have a nice day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Therefore anyone who has contradictory opinions to mine are paid accounts based off this one account.
Wasn't me. I've used the report button less than a handful of times in the 16 years I've been here.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just counterfeit old accounts with phony numbers you could make a fortune.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Neat, I've been wanting a new Springfield EMP
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wonder if a person could find an inactive account and brute force a password to start using it.
I should write a letter to the ATF and find out.
View Quote
I think that probably happens...find an old account with  no activity for the last 3 years...brute force it...shill.  That sort of thing is a lot more common on places like reddit where they have a lot of filters... 
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Came here to post this...beat.
View Quote
Indeed.  Was going to post "Enough to buy a Steyr AUG".  
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New members don't even understand why that's funny.
I get it.
Same.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Accounts are free, you just sign up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Accounts are free, you just sign up.
View Quote
Yes, but they want older accounts thinking they will have credibility to post the left's talking points on the site. 
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Probably very little, and I would be shocked if some Dem social media group wanted to buy it.

There's a lot more influence to cast on sites such as Reddit etc.
View Quote
The amount of money they're throwing at it means they'll sell for a lot more than you'd expect.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top