Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Develop a U-tube addiction to assist you in situations like this Where you work soo much and have nothing to draw from in personal experience so you remember a scene you saw in a movie once...once...

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I drink.  Heavily.
View Quote

Not surprised.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not entirely sure how I do it, but being able to pay the bills is pretty good incentive to just suck it up until something better comes along.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not entirely sure how I do it, but being able to pay the bills is pretty good incentive to just suck it up until something better comes along.
View Quote

This is good incentive for ppl to live below their means, limit their debt and save.

We shouldnt go to work just to pay Bills, I realize that is 95% of why we do it, but some actually enjoy their work and some work for the insurance/benefits - we have multiple of guys at work that freely admit they only work for the benes, not the pay, They all have better side gigs.

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:58:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I drink  smoke and curse
View Quote

We can be friends.

ETA:  We can be fucking friends
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I sat behind a desk for a bunch of years. Then I said "FUCK THIS SHIT" and I drug up.

Now I'm a travelling tradesman and I work all over the country in all kinds of weather with all kinds of people on all kinds of projects and I throw shit and I cuss loudly and I call my coworkers rude names and we shout FUCK YOU at each other and try to out-work each other and I make more money than I ever made before and I don't hardly ever think about jack shit outside work because I'm so engrossed in what I'm doing and when I go home I don't think about work because I ain't got to worry about diddly squat because worrying is for the backstabbing politicking cock gobblers in the office.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Now I'm a travelling tradesman and I work all over the country in all kinds of weather with all kinds of people on all kinds of projects and I throw shit and I cuss loudly and I call my coworkers rude names and we shout FUCK YOU at each other and try to out-work each other and I make more money than I ever made before and I don't hardly ever think about jack shit outside work because I'm so engrossed in what I'm doing and when I go home I don't think about work because I ain't got to worry about diddly squat because worrying is for the backstabbing politicking cock gobblers in the office.

View Quote

I wanted to be an English teacher.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hobbies, social life, perspective.
View Quote

This.  

Dont associate your self worth with your job.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I stare at a computer for five days a week and only do about five hours of actual work in a pay period. My work just drains my soul I really really can't stand it. How do you cope with such a life?
View Quote

Quit.  Send wife to work.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:13:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm on a 1 year shit assignment for a job I typically love.

So I'm just focusing on doing stuff I normally don't have time for - and upping my post count.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:19:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I drink.  Heavily.
View Quote

I'm not going to say I hate my job, just that I don't really get drunk anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:25:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

turn it off when you leave work, you don't get paid for thinking about work when you are at home

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stare at a computer for five days a week and only do about five hours of actual work in a pay period. My work just drains my soul I really really can't stand it. How do you cope with such a life?

turn it off when you leave work, you don't get paid for thinking about work when you are at home

BINGO!

That is exactly the reason I took the job I have now.  I guess in a way, it is "drone" work.  I kinda clock in and kinda clock out.  And the time between is mine to NOT think about work.

As far as the people I am working with...I dunno...I am sure it is part all the rumor mill'ing/gossiping going on.

It kinda sucks not knowing who to trust.

I at least try to be polite/civil about it.  I am not much of a conversationalist...and I hate small talk.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:27:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Hate unemployment more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't really hate my job but its getting tiresome after 18yrs, I realize I get paid pretty good and its the best way I have to support my family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Saving up money as fast as I can so I can retire. I've been told it's my new hobby. Still more than a few years to go.

Until then, some days it's "one day at a time." Some it's "one hour at a time." Some it's "15 minutes at a time."

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:15:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Lot's of GD
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Endeavor to persevere.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You quit it, and find a better job.

View Quote

Actually, not a bad suggestion, I'd just find the better job, then quit.

(timing is everything)
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quit, become self employed, do what you want.

Much of the bullshit people endure on a daily basis I never have to experience. Life is too short for bullshit and there's plenty of ways to make money.
View Quote

Only problem with that is when your boss is an asshole.

? <-supposed to be a smiley, stupid tablet, and I don't have the bbcode memorized....
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Work in the office, do you?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paper mill.  Almost the same.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hobbies, social life, perspective.
View Quote

This....

work gives me nothing but a pay check and health insurance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

? <-supposed to be a smiley, stupid tablet, and I don't have the bbcode memorized....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quit, become self employed, do what you want.

Much of the bullshit people endure on a daily basis I never have to experience. Life is too short for bullshit and there's plenty of ways to make money.

Meh, I've learned to live with him

Life for me is mostly Disneyland.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:53:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I drink.  Heavily.
View Quote

bcauzy?

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would go looking for another job. PRONTO.

I walked out once in a job I hated for the last couple of years of it.

Boss said, "Where ya` goin`?".

I replied, "No where. I just don`t want to do this anymore".

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do police ride-alongs. Some people out there have to put up with the stupidest shit and worry about getting shot, stabbed, etc.  

Find fun hobbies.  Are you married?  Kids?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I sat behind a desk for a bunch of years. Then I said "FUCK THIS SHIT" and I drug up.

View Quote
I did that for 39 years, enjoyed it before burning out, now I don't fit in anywhere
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I alway think about what my dad told me when i was 7ish. My hands started to bleed from digging post holes and i told him i wanted to stop.

He said " son, life sucks it hurts and then you die. Now get the fuck back to work".

I just wish my wife would work. It would take a load off of me. When we got married she was laid off and i told her she could stay home and take care of the house if she wanted bc it would keep me more focused and less stressed not having to do any of it.

So now i work a high stress job, raise cattle, own rentals, and do a few other things while she struggles to find time to even fold laundry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I alway think about what my dad told me when i was 7ish. My hands started to bleed from digging post holes and i told him i wanted to stop.

He said " son, life sucks it hurts and then you die. Now get the fuck back to work".

I just wish my wife would work. It would take a load off of me. When we got married she was laid off and i told her she could stay home and take care of the house if she wanted bc it would keep me more focused and less stressed not having to do any of it.

So now i work a high stress job, raise cattle, own rentals, and do a few other things while she struggles to find time to even fold laundry.
View Quote

That's bad advice, no offense. Life only occasionally sucks by nature, the frequency depends on the operator. People seem perfectly willing to accept punishment, often when they don't have to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's bad advice, no offense. Life only occasionally sucks by nature, the frequency depends on the operator. People seem perfectly willing to accept punishment, often when they don't have to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that viewpoint but that is what motivates some of us. I have to be a little tired and beat up to stay hungry. Im a glutton for punishment. For some of us, thats all we know. Thats just how we are wired.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Why would go through life hating a job, just to die angry.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're going to work until the day you die?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Live for the weekends.........
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#35]
I like what I do, but not where I do it.
It took some time, but I finally solved that problem.

I start my new job on April 29th.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I drink.  Heavily.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Whiskey and range days.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

(timing is everything)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You quit it, and find a better job.

(timing is everything)

I recently left the job I hated, and moved across the country for a new one within a couple weeks. That was even after being offered a position with better pay, better schedule, and less BS on the spot after tendering my resignation.

Its really not that hard.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I fucking love my job and I fit in with all the assholes I work with. Fucking love it. I'm sure that God invented this job a hundred twenty years ago so that he would have time to perfect it for me before I started it.

I was thinking about retirement when I was 30 because I hated my shit job. Now, I hate to think about not doing this anymore. Sorry if y'all don't feel this way.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I fucking love my job and I fit in with all the assholes I work with. Fucking love it. I'm sure that God invented this job a hundred twenty years ago so that he would have time to perfect it for me before I started it.

I was thinking about retirement when I was 30 because I hated my shit job. Now, I hate to think about not doing this anymore. Sorry if y'all don't feel this way.
View Quote

Don't keep us in suspense, what exactly do you do ?

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Have a wonderful life outside of work and be thankful for the paycheck

I am about to laid off again.

I hate looking for new jobs.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top