BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gutless republicans (and a few democrats who hated it too) refused to stand up to the "great one"

This is a fucking ridiculously uninformed statement. Why do some of you feel the need to open your bullshit dispensers?

The GOP did stand up. The  Dems used the "Nuclear Option." This shit was all over the news.

Seriously, what in the living fuck? Who turns on your computer?

I don't think he was suggesting that the repubs voted for it.  I think that he's referring more to the Dems that just went along or were bought out, even though they new damn well it was a horrible bill.  Either way, it was a sad day in the history of America  

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Still not seeing where her vote one way or the other would have stopped the bill from getting out of committee.  

Do you have a quote you can post?

Wasn't me making that claim...

No Republicans voted for this monstrosity. The Dems nuclear option via Deem and Pass should have had people on the streets with pitchforks and torches. This is the worst kind of chicanery on the part of the Commies.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
look up that idiot snow and you'll know everything....

Yep it should have never left committee.
TEH OH NOEZ you are now a moby Paulbot.

The Senate Finance Committee vote to send Obamacare to the floor was 14-9. Yes, a SINGLE republican voted with 13 Democrats.

VT, I don't think you're a Moby, I just think you let your ego get tied up in my Congressman.

Aren't you smart enough to realize what it means when all the focus is on a single remarkable EXCEPTION to the GOP?

The cloture vote was even more one sided. All Republicans voted against it.

What do you mean I have my ego tied up?  For some reason or another, quite a few of us thought we remembered Snowe being the deciding vote on getting the bill out of committee.  Turns out we were wrong, but for some reason some here see the attack on her as an attack of the Republican party, which it wasn't.

She's a fucking cunt though, and she has a long voting record of voting against individual freedom.  Why some are rushing to her defense, particularly when she's retiring this year blows my mind.

It has nothing to do with Ron fucking Paul, I don't know why you all bring him up at every opportunity.

How many times have you said "Both parties are the same?" What was your motivation for doing so?

The first question is rhetorical. We both know the answer. We also both know the statement is abjectly foolish.

The second question is an honest one.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Senate Finance Committee vote to send Obamacare to the floor was 14-9. Yes, a SINGLE republican voted with 13 Democrats.

VT, I don't think you're a Moby, I just think you let your ego get tied up in my Congressman.

Aren't you smart enough to realize what it means when all the focus is on a single remarkable EXCEPTION to the GOP?

What do you mean I have my ego tied up?  For some reason or another, quite a few of us thought we remembered Snowe being the deciding vote on getting the bill out of committee.  Turns out we were wrong, but for some reason some here see the attack on her as an attack of the Republican party, which it wasn't.

She's a fucking cunt though, and she has a long voting record of voting against individual freedom.  Why some are rushing to her defense, particularly when she's retiring this year blows my mind.

It has nothing to do with Ron fucking Paul, I don't know why you all bring him up at every opportunity.

How many times have you said "Both parties are the same?" What was your motivation for doing so?

The first question is rhetorical. We both know the answer. We also both know the statement is abjectly foolish.

I've never once stated that both parties are the same.  I've stated that all politicians are the same, and I've stated that based on how the Republican party has carried itself that the result will be the same, and I've also stated that the Republican party values individual freedom about as much as the Democrat party, but not once have I said they are the same.

While Snowe is a cunt, we fortunately have no Maxine Waters or Corrine Brown.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you mean I have my ego tied up? For some reason or another, quite a few of us thought we remembered Snowe being the deciding vote on getting the bill out of committee. Turns out we were wrong, but for some reason some here see the attack on her as an attack of the Republican party, which it wasn't.

She's a fucking cunt though, and she has a long voting record of voting against individual freedom. Why some are rushing to her defense, particularly when she's retiring this year blows my mind.

I've never once stated that both parties are the same. I've stated that all politicians are the same, and I've stated that based on how the Republican party has carried itself that the result will be the same, and I've also stated that the Republican party values individual freedom about as much as the Democrat party, but not once have I said they are the same.

While Snowe is a cunt, we fortunately have no Maxine Waters or Corrine Brown.

So you say..."I've also stated that the Republican party values individual freedom about as much as the Democrat party"

and then you say..."but not once have I said they are the same"
Please spare the indignation and forgive those that would make such a tremendous leap
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please spare the indignation and forgive those that would make such a tremendous leap

And may the Lord forgive those who side with the enemy, without regard to political party, or supposed ideology.

I LOVE what the Republican party stands for. I hate what they actually vote for. Does that make me a Moby? Hmmm?
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And may the Lord forgive those who side with the enemy, without regard to political party, or supposed ideology.

I LOVE what the Republican party stands for. I hate what they actually vote for. Does that make me a Moby? Hmmm?

and the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Senator Mike Lee has posted several videos on the health care bill today. Here is the first:
The Medicaid Expansion and Coercion
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reid changed the rules to allow it to pass with a simple majority ("Nuclear Option").  No "gutless Republicans" were culpable as the know-nothings claim.  

Olympia Snowe allowed it to get out of committee.

There were only 39 Republicans in the Seneate - Republicans couldn't do a filibuster.

Scott Brown was elected too late.
So did Ben Nelson, yes, he is a Dem but he Harry Reid "padded" the deal then it got

pulled out from under him (Nelson).

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Why wasn't it killed by filibuster or otherwise? My memory is not good for that sort of thing, but it seems to me that at least a few (R)s had to play turncoat for it to pass.
Straight party line vote.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

corn husker kickback, Louisiana Purchase -> google it.

Fact. Ask me why fucko decided not to run this year?

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#12]
What in the actual fuck is a Moby?
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's a mindless insult created by some who think libertarians are nothing but leftwing trolls who trash the Republicans because they want Obama's values to win.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a mindless insult created by some who think libertarians are nothing but leftwing trolls who trash the Republicans because they want Obama's values to win.  

Why "Moby" though?  The musician (or whatever he is) or Moby Dick?  or something else?

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhh! The libs use the same tactics.... curious that.

BTW way they cheated on the vote and as I recall they "deemed" it passed because they couldn't get it abiding the rules. They voted on a "fix' to the bill and that with a "simple majority" and then "deemed" the whole thing passed.

It isn't even a legitimate piece of legistlation and thus can't even be considered a law dur to this process alone.
Friday March 12, 2010

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2470324/posts

Slaughter House Surprise: Simply 'Deem' Health Bill Passed after Voting on Fix Bill
By Kathleen Gilbert

WASHINGTON, DC, March 11, 2010 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Democrats struggling to find enough votes to pass the Senate bill in the House of Representatives could bypass the problem by simply "deeming" the health bill passed after voting for a separate compromise measure, rather than actually voting on it, according to House Rules Committee chair Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY).

Congress Daily reported Wednesday that Rep. Slaughter is considering preparing a rule that would deem the abortion-expanding Senate health care bill passed once the House approves a package of corrections that would make changes to the Senate version.

The idea, which is reportedly being eyed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, received backing by House Progressive Caucus co-chair Lynn Woolsey (D., Calif.).

“I don’t need to see my colleagues vote for the Senate bill in the House. We don’t like the Senate bill. Why should we be forced to do that?” Woolsey told ABC's Top Line Thursday. “But what we need to know, before any Senate bill is passed, that we have enough of the fixes that we’ve asked for, that we will be satisfied with the final product as a beginning for health care [reform].”

Woolsey noted that she "would be OK with" the House voting to deem the bill passed, rather than actually voting on the measure.

The notion was not offered without strong criticism from GOP lawmakers.

Sen. Orrin Hatch called the move "about as unconstitutional as anything I've ever seen."

“I want to ensure there is an expedited review process to have the Supreme Court look at this,” Hatch told Health Care News. “To pass a $2.5 trillion bill without the House even voting on it, by using manipulative parliamentary gimmicks, is just not the right thing to do.”

Dave Schnittinger condemned "the Slaughter Solution" on GOP House Minority Leader John Boehner's blog as, "The twisted scheme by which Democratic leaders plan to bend the rules to ram President Obama’s massive health care legislation through Congress."

Douglas Johnson of the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC) emphasized that Slaughter's scheme was merely "window-dressing" on what was essentially still a vote for the vastly pro-abortion Senate health care bill.

"When all that's stripped away, it's a vote on passing the Senate bill, and the Senate bill is the most pro-abortion single piece of legislation ever to come to the floor of the House since Roe versus Wade," Johnson told LifeSiteNews.com Thursday.

"[Slaughter's proposal] has got some unusual elements in that they're trying to disguise it, and say that they're deeming it passed after this and that - that's all window-dressing," he continued. "After ... a lot of talk about negotiating and so forth, what they're actually doing is just trying to ram through the Senate bill."  

Johnson noted that "we've seen a spate of propaganda in the last few days, from different professors and liberal groups saying the Senate bill really is not pro-abortion, in fact it's pro-life, and really contorted and ridiculous things we've seen ... none of this has any substance at all."

"If a lawmaker votes for this, he really forfeits pro-life credentials," he warned. "A vote on the rule is a vote to pass that bill and everything that's in it, and the House members will be accountable to their constituents for voting for everything that's in it."

Friday March 12, 2010

Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:27:16 PM by DBCJR

According to the Washington Post, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi now plans to use the "deem and pass" strategy to push through the Senate's healthcare reform bill. The strategy would ask for a House vote on a number of reconciliation fixes to the bill. A passing vote on the reconciliation package––which has been more popular among House members than the bill itself––would then "deem" the Senate bill passed, even without a direct vote on the actual legislation. Critics like Thomas Jefferson Street blogger Peter Roff question the legitimacy of the process. Bloleague Robert Schlesinger thinks it's just silly. Pelosi, however, stands behind the strategy, intent on following through with the Obama administration's promise for healthcare reform.
s
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why "Moby" though?  The musician (or whatever he is) or Moby Dick?  or something else?  

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moby
The "musician" instructed his minions to go forth on message boards pretending to be conservatives to lie and change opinions (votes)

Moby is just a handy name, they've been doing it since message board were invented.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can hardly blame those who use it.  Look how many "Libertarians" came in to this thread with the intention to just tear down the Republican Party.  Without any knowledge of the actual process that brought us Obamacare, they came in here to just bash Republicans.

Who benefits from that?  Certainly not the Libertarians

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Reid changed the rules to allow it to pass with a simple majority ("Nuclear Option").  No "gutless Republicans" were culpable as the know-nothings claim.  

This. Parliamentarian maneuvering and shenanigans avoided the need for cloture, and we didn't have the votes to prevent it anyway. Brown hadn't been seated yet.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey, let's not forget the stolen seat for Al Franken from Minnesota which gave them the lock with 60
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can hardly blame those who use it.  Look how many "Libertarians" came in to this thread with the intention to just tear down the Republican Party.  Without any knowledge of the actual process that brought us Obamacare, they came in here to just bash Republicans.

Who benefits from that?  Certainly not the Libertarians

Libertarian minded people sure are spoken of a lot more lately, people are waking up.

A lot of Republicans need tearing down along with most of their Liberal Democrat cohorts.

The guys who hurl these names out here do so the minute someone notes he past actions and words and flip floppin habits of Romney the RINO.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can hardly blame those who use it. Look how many "Libertarians" came in to this thread with the intention to just tear down the Republican Party. Without any knowledge of the actual process that brought us Obamacare, they came in here to just bash Republicans.

Who benefits from that? Certainly not the Libertarians

Libertarian minded people sure are spoken of a lot more lately, people are waking up.

A lot of Republicans need tearing down along with most of their Liberal Democrat cohorts.

The guys who hurl these names out here do so the minute someone notes he past actions and words and flip floppin habits of Romney the RINO.

I'm not sure they are spoken about in the way that you want them to be.

No one is spoken about on this site more than Obama.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it was a Million pages long and they effectively hid the mandate on page 378,187.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a real term.  Read this and see if the actions of some folks on the site fit the definition.

Well I'll be damned.  Some people really do have too much time on their hands.  

More proof that liberals are truly weird, belligerent fuckers.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What screen name did you use back then?

I don't know, but when I hear someone whining about a personal attack, the first thing that comes to mind is he's either a Libertarian or a Democrat.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Deem and pass".

They took an already passed Bill, gutted it, re-added in the Obamacare statutes, and let Zero sign it.

Original bill was an Education bill if I remember correctly.

And yes, we should have marched on DC and started hanging people for this.

We didn't. Amerikan Idle is on...

I was pissed off by it, my wife seriously thought I was going to stroke out.  I wrote several letters to my representatives.  The only thing I ever received back was a canned response that really had nothing to do with what I had written.  I took it to be a "we know what's best you" response and my letter was TL;DR.  Piss on them all.  I did learn that  writing to them is waste of time.  But you're right, I only knew a couple people that even paid attention to any of it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
It was Spectar who cast the vote to allow obamacare to be debated . It would have been killed before it got to the floor . Yes the Republicans allowed this to happen. Yall can get pissed off all you want but we all know this is how it went down.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's the replacement for the mindless phrase "chess, not checkers, gentlemen". Basically (on this site, anyway), it's a derisive term that's used when you've found a Republican doing something...rather un-Republican. In reality, it refers to a leftist that joins a hard-core conservative forum to stir up the shit (by suggestion of one Moby, pop musician), but in reality, it applies to Life Members who have been here a while, shelled out $500+ bucks, and happen to speak ill of the occasional Republican. That makes you a "Moby". See also: Libtard.

And while I'm at it, see also: Regan's 11th Commandment. Evidently, it still applies, even if the (R) in question is a shithead.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

BINGO!!! She let it out of committee..
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It does my heart good to know that several folks here actually pay attention and realize who here openly lies.

Again, the big question is...why?

Both parties are the same? Right.

Dems and 2 Independents voted for Obamacare. 40 Republicans voted against it.

You guys are convincing me what Moby's really do.

I am beginning to see their tactics.

They are dishonest and never really denounce the party they apparently support in "silence".

In the end though, such tactics will always eventually backfire as you have seen in this thread.

I am a slow learner on these types of things because I expect a person to say what they feel honestly and outright.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well of course it was an attack on the Republican Party.

A poster blamed the passing of Obamacare on a Republican rather than the Democrats.

You did the same thing until you saw evidence proving that that was totally wrong.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It was Spectar who cast the vote to allow obamacare to be debated . It would have been killed before it got to the floor . Yes the Republicans allowed this to happen. Yall can get pissed off all you want but we all know this is how it went down.

Are you joking?
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or Ben Nelson.... What a fucking embarrassment.

Or Susan (space cadet) Kosmas, she was a Dem that stated in public she would vote against the AHCA.

Obama bought her off with a promise of 27 mil for school funding.

We can find NO evidence of that funding being sent to the schools in the district she represented.

We replaced her with Sandy (I'm gonna fry your ass Holder) Adams in 2010.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The gutless republicans (and a few democrats who hated it too) refused to stand up to the "great one"

This is a fucking ridiculously uninformed statement. Why do some of you feel the need to open your bullshit dispensers?

The GOP did stand up. The  Dems used the "Nuclear Option." This shit was all over the news.

I love it when somebody is condescending about something they're absolutely wrong about.  The democrats had a filibuster-proof majority; there was no "nuclear option."  After Scott Brown got elected and did away with that majority, Nancy Pelosi rammed it through without a new Senate vote by "reconciliation."  It was a dirty trick, but not the dirty trick you're thinking about.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#36]
well they had to pass it to see what was in it
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs was pretty big on calling people "Moby" and he turned out to be a paranoid loon lashing out at the world.  Birds of a feather...

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can hardly blame those who use it. Look how many "Libertarians" came in to this thread with the intention to just tear down the Republican Party. Without any knowledge of the actual process that brought us Obamacare, they came in here to just bash Republicans.

Who benefits from that? Certainly not the Libertarians

I'm not sure they are spoken about in the way that you want them to be.

No one is spoken about on this site more than Obama.  

See it whichever way helps you to sleep easy.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I watched it pass on c-span.  I remember being quite angry, and posting on arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I love it when somebody is condescending about something they're absolutely wrong about.  The democrats had a filibuster-proof majority; there was no "nuclear option."  After Scott Brown got elected and did away with that majority, Nancy Pelosi rammed it through without a new Senate vote by "reconciliation."  It was a dirty trick, but not the dirty trick you're thinking about.

I thought the Democrats only had 58 senators?

They needed 60 to prevent a filibuster.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Please explain in detail how the Republicans could have stopped this.

Be specific.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:43:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

59 Democrats plus Bernie Sanders.  Ted Kennedy died after it passed the Senate, thus giving them 59 votes after Scott Brown's election.  But Pelosi and Reid rammed it though with parliamentary shenanigans to prevent the inevitable filibuster.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two independents that caucus as (D).  Lieberman and Sanders.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see guys, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:51:18 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hell, I forgot about Lieberman going "independent."

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I forgot about him and Saunders.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I forgot about him and Saunders.
This really illustrates the problem with third-parties in what's effectively a two-party system.  They have to align with one party or the other to be able to do anything more than blowing hot air around the room, which defeats the purpose of being independent.

Link Posted: 6/27/2012 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Semantics. Several news organizations at the time, including the Washington Post, CNN, and FoxNews all referred to reconciliation as "the nuclear option."

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 3:19:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well of course it was an attack on the Republican Party.

A poster blamed the passing of Obamacare on a Republican rather than the Democrats.

You did the same thing until you saw evidence proving that that was totally wrong.
In your mind, can no one issue any criticism of any Republican?  

Link Posted: 6/28/2012 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you've been around the block enough to know that the real story on anything related to this nations politics is immediately obfuscated by hoards of internet and coffee shop retards.

I do admire you for keeping up the good fight and trying to bring some semblance of reason to this.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top