Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Grew up shooting with my family and in Boy Scouts. Got into AR's when I joined the Army National Guard where I also met and married Glockgrrrl. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Plead guilty to a DWI in the mid 70's as high schooler.  The judge let me take ROTC in college as part of my plea bargain.  Took two semesters of marksmanship.  [:}D]

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The U.S. Army.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I got into shooting with Boy Scouts using BB guns and .22 bolt actions, then stopped until I turned 18 and acquired an Ar15 only days before my 19th birthday.  Now, I shoot whenever possible, and turned my GF and her dad onto Ar15s and trap.
The only problem is my GF's semi-constant nagging to go shooting.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been arounds firearms all my life. Dad's motto "We don't need a safe just teach the boy to shoot." Yes folks dad kept the guns in the closet with no locks. Oh and 2 underneath his bed. And no I have not shot at or pointed a gun at anyone. Even accidentally.

I did not enjoy shooting until I was in my late 20's. My dad use to take me to the range a lot and hunting as well. I thought it was a pain in the ass and a chore. I would've rather hung out with my friends. I went through the military and still guns did not float my boat. I did buy an HK91 for my 18th B-day however. Did it just to freak my dad out. He was never into assault weapons. My bro took after him, they both liked the hi powered accurate rifles.

When I got to my late 20's, I started reading gun mags and became interested in rifles again. Was too broke to buy any, much like now. A few years later I found out they were banning all AR's and AW's in Kali so I went out and bought an ASA CAR15 kit. Found this site. The rest is history.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I've always been facinated by weapons of any kind, especially guns.
my grandmother bought me a bb gun when I was 6 years old and I was aloud to run free with it most of the time. All the males in my family hunt but I wasn't into hunting and I didn't like the taste of game.  
Whe I was 16 I made a firing pin for a old Stevens Junior .22 that was laying around the house.
When I was 20 years old my father asked me if I wanted a .410 or a .22 for Christmas, I said I wanted a .22 but didn't get it because he said, you can't hunt anything with a .22. (I was in the army at the time) typical of my old man. What he meant was HE couldn't hunt what he wanted to hunt with a .22 so I didn't need one.
When I was in the army (71,72,73) I qualified expert with a M-16 and other weapons and shot everything imaginable in the way of crew served weapons and light & heavy arms.
I didn't own a personal gun until I was married, (1974) my first real gun was a Husqvarna .380 Swedish Military pistol and I have bought and traded guns ever since.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top