Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/27/2015 11:27:37 PM EDT
http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/02/26/officer-confronts-open-carry-demonstrator/24040017/

HOUSTON – A confrontation between a Houston police officer and a man armed with an AR 15 rifle sparked an internal investigation.

Houston Police Chief Charles McClelland saw the video of the 25 minute exchange, according to a spokesperson. He immediately ordered an investigation. However, the department cannot comment further, the spokesperson said.

In the video, trouble starts seconds after the officer and man with the AR 15, who also filmed the confrontation, met. The guy behind the camera walked away from police.

"Right (after meeting) you can hear it plain as day, the officer says you're not under arrest and you're not being detained," David Amad, of Open Carry Texas said.

Amad speaks for the guy confronted by police and is upset by an exchange on the video in which the officer refers to second amendment rights as "constitutional crap" and "constitutional bull****."

"Here's the bottom line," Amad said. "If you respect the contents of a document, you don't refer to those contents as crap and bull****. It's as simple as that. That's just about the most un-American thing I can think of. You're a public official. You don't own that street and you're dealing with a taxpayer on which you have absolutely no evidence of a crime. What do you have to hide?"

On tape, the officer begs for cooperation.

"Do you have ID on you," the officer asked in the video. "No. So, how am I supposed to know whether or not you're a felon?"

(More at above link) and a Video

Full Video

Note: at the start of the video...the guy asks the LEO if he was being detained. The officer says no. The guy walks off. Cop then gets in car pulls ahead of the guy and has an AR15 in his hands. Now the guy is being detained.
and the cop is in no mood for any "Constitutional Bullshit" (to use the Cops own Words)
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Good.

Fire him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the name of the document he swore to uphold?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Principles of Constitutional Bovine Scatology?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
City council charter.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll never understand the whole "it's being investigated" part. If it's all on video what is there to investigate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Genuflect before ma authoritay!

How about the city tell citizens to STFU when they call to report a man walking with a slung rifle rather than harass the lawful gun owner? The low ready or shrieking "Aloha Snackbar" rifle owner is another story. But a man exercising his rights is just a man exercising his rights.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
"Do you have ID on you," the officer asked in the video. "No. So, how am I supposed to know whether or not you're a felon?"
View Quote

I wasn't aware it was the job of the police to go around making sure people weren't felons.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:50:11 PM EDT
[#8]
An Open Carry Texas member vs a cop that trashes the constitution in front of a camera.

When idiots collide.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck you freedom, you evil doer felon!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll never understand the whole "it's being investigated" part. If it's all on video what is there to investigate.
View Quote

Due process. Never fire anyone without it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
An Open Carry Texas member vs a cop that trashes the constitution in front on a camera.

When idiots collide.
View Quote

Why do you look down on people abiding by the law?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#12]
What an idiot. Talk about the dumbest thing to say period, but to say it on film is just full retard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An Open Carry Texas member vs a cop that trashes the constitution in front on a camera.

When idiots collide.

I don't look down on people abiding by the law. I look down on people claiming they are trying to promote gun rights when their actions have the opposite effect.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:59:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:01:14 AM EDT
[#17]
While I'm no fan OCT and OC kilt wearers, the cop was out of line.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When idiots collide.

C'mon man.  You and everybody else here knows that OCT is universally hated.  Only reason the dogpile hasn't started yet is because the dipshit cop trashed the Constitution.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't look down on people abiding by the law. I look down on people claiming they are trying to promote gun rights when their actions have the opposite effect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When idiots collide.

Does there exist any scenario whereby you'd be OK with people walking about minding their own business with an AR slung on their body?

Are you OK with it as long as people hand over ID every time a cop ask for it when they are carrying?  If so are  you OK with cops stopping cars just for the hell of it to check ID?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#20]

"Uh, Officer?" "Yeah?" "Outside! With the kitties!"

....you fucktard.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
C'mon man.  You and everybody else here knows that OCT is universally hated.  Only reason the dogpile hasn't started yet is because the dipshit cop trashed the Constitution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When idiots collide.

At this point most people know that OCT members are either idiots or liberal plants.

Pretty much the only people that defend OCT are their own members and those that incorrectly think that people that bash them are bashing open carry in general.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#23]
In.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#24]

What do possums have to do with this thread?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:07:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:08:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

In.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Does there exist any scenario whereby you'd be OK with people walking about minding their own business with an AR slung on their body?

Are you OK with it as long as people hand over ID every time a cop ask for it when they are carrying?  If so are  you OK with cops stopping cars just for the hell of it to check ID?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When idiots collide.

So which one are you?

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What do possums have to do with this thread?
View All Quotes
Open carry possum.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't mess with Texas.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:29:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Don't mess with Texas.
View Quote

Needs more body cavity searching.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't mess with Texas.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Dude should move to a free state.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Hope to see this guy fired and a lession to other Leo's who think they are above everyone else
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:46:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
An Open Carry Texas member vs a cop that trashes the constitution in front of a camera.

When idiots collide.
View Quote

That didn't take long.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:46:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
That didn't take long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When idiots collide.

That didn't take long.
You need to make more knives.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#36]
In  on one
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

The man should have thanked the officer for allowing him a chance to prove he was not a criminal.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:12:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The man should have thanked the officer for allowing him a chance to prove he was not a criminal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why aren't you stopping and classifying EVERYONE as to whether they are a Felon or not?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:17:03 AM EDT
[#39]
The Open Carry idiot made me shake my head.....Texans like it or not these are the guys that everyone thinks of when they think of the Open Carry movement.......I'm not defending the cop but the OCT guy made it a lot worse then it had to be.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#40]
In!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:31:21 AM EDT
[#41]
don't worry guys he's a three percenter meaning he defends the Constitution even if he thinks it's a huge pile of shit, that gets in his way.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#42]
So what is there to investigate? I am not wasting 25 minutes to watch the video. The OCT tard  got mad that he got questioned by a rather abrasive officer? or that he was asked for ID which is a standard procedure when dealing with unknown persons.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So what is there to investigate? I am not wasting 25 minutes to watch the video. The OCT tard  got mad that he got questioned by a rather abrasive officer? or that he was asked for ID which is a standard procedure when dealing with unknown persons.
View Quote

A cop asking for Identification from a person suspected of a crime is an ok thing.  Carrying a firearm,  even open carry does not mean that a person is a suspect of a crime, if so what crime would it be?  Open carry = criminal conduct  just like carrying $500 = money laundering.  Unless there is an observed act or a specific report of criminal conduct there really is no reason for a stop.  I am not an open carry advocate, I think for the most part you should keep that information to yourself until you need it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:05:12 AM EDT
[#44]
I have to admit, I have no use of the oct guys, I think they could do good stuff with a different approach, but I will defend their right to do any lawful activity to the day I die...people who have an issue with any law abiding citizen using his natural rights needs to get over it, or move to a country that doesn't respect them...as for that cop..seems to me once the guy tried to leave at the start and the cop stopped him, wouldn't that be considered "detained" and did he have a lawful reason to do it?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/02/26/officer-confronts-open-carry-demonstrator/24040017/

HOUSTON – A confrontation between a Houston police officer and a man armed with an AR 15 rifle sparked an internal investigation.

Houston Police Chief Charles McClelland saw the video of the 25 minute exchange, according to a spokesperson. He immediately ordered an investigation. However, the department cannot comment further, the spokesperson said.

In the video, trouble starts seconds after the officer and man with the AR 15, who also filmed the confrontation, met. The guy behind the camera walked away from police.

"Right (after meeting) you can hear it plain as day, the officer says you're not under arrest and you're not being detained," David Amad, of Open Carry Texas said.

Amad speaks for the guy confronted by police and is upset by an exchange on the video in which the officer refers to second amendment rights as "constitutional crap" and "constitutional bull****."

"Here's the bottom line," Amad said. "If you respect the contents of a document, you don't refer to those contents as crap and bull****. It's as simple as that. That's just about the most un-American thing I can think of. You're a public official. You don't own that street and you're dealing with a taxpayer on which you have absolutely no evidence of a crime. What do you have to hide?"

On tape, the officer begs for cooperation.

(More at above link) and a Video
View Quote

Constitutional bullshit? So much for keeping your oath of office.

How do you know I'm not a felon? I guess you don't. Eat shit. No law says I have to carry ID. I just have to identify who I am. That's it. Piss off.

Achtung Bitte! Ihre Papieren?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:21:54 AM EDT
[#46]
New York........coming to a free state near you
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#47]

You mad bra?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
New York........coming to a free state near you
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Can't let that bullshit constitution get in the way of good police work.

Anyone a link to the full video?  I looked and couldnt find it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When idiots collide.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top