BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh, when I had the opportunity to legally obtain a gun FTF where I can use it to replace a like model 4473-ed gun I did so.

Of course I make sure the newly acquired gun matches the quality/function/accuracy of the one it will replace. It's a slow process and not something I obsessed over. It took me some time (years) to do. It's just a thing I always kept in the back of my mind when trading.

I suspect this will all blow-over but in these odd times we live in it just seems the prudent thing to do if you can do so legally in your state.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really hope you peeps have been buying your go-to weapons FTF.

If we weather this storm it's something you should really think about doing.

I'd rethink the whole SBR thing too while you are about it. Is it really worth letting the ATF know what you have for a few inches off the end of the barrel?

meh any junior level agent could find out I own firearms in about 60 seconds regardless of my SBRs/cans.  

If I wanted to hide the fact that I owned firearms, I wouldn't be on a site called AR15.com.

Meh, when I had the opportunity to legally obtain a gun FTF where I can use it to replace a like model 4473-ed gun I did so.

Of course I make sure the newly acquired gun matches the quality/function/accuracy of the one it will replace. It's a slow process and not something I obsessed over. It took me some time (years) to do. It's just a thing I always kept in the back of my mind when trading.

I suspect this will all blow-over but in these odd times we live in it just seems the prudent thing to do if you can do so legally in your state.

How do they know you don't still have your 4473'd guns?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rethink the whole SBR thing too while you are about it. Is it really worth letting the ATF know what you have for a few inches off the end of the barrel?

meh any junior level agent could find out I own firearms in about 60 seconds regardless of my SBRs/cans.  

If I wanted to hide the fact that I owned firearms, I wouldn't be on a site called AR15.com.

"I sold that"

If no transfer without 4473, there are records of sale.  No 4473, it's just your word.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Did anyone actually read the linked article? They're saying that the democrats are going to flood all bills with gun control amendments, and they're going to cut them off while still in committee.
But reading is for suckers and the 15channers would rather have paid democrat schills and their dozen troll accounts tell them what to think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did anyone actually read the linked article? They're saying that the democrats are going to flood all bills with gun control amendments, and they're going to cut them off while still in committee.

The crackdown on amendments came after the House overwhelmingly rejected an energy and water appropriations bill in late May. Many Republicans cited an amendment offered by New York Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, a Democrat, to prevent federal contractors from discriminating against LGBT employees, as their reason for voting against the bill . But they blamed Democrats for also voting against it after pushing for the amendment.  

Maloney offered his amendment again on a defense spending bill. The Rules Committee met Tuesday to decide what amendments would be made in order. Sessions said he'd look at the Maloney measure with fresh eyes and didn't automatically rule it a poison pill.  

"I’m not going to look favorably upon people who bring an amendment, vote for it, pass it, and then kill the bill because of it," Sessions said. "And that’s the problem. It has nothing to do with the LGBT issue, gun issue, no-fly issue, flag issue. It has to do with people who want to take down the appropriations bills. That’s the point."  

But reading is for suckers and the 15channers would rather have paid democrat schills and their dozen troll accounts tell them what to think.

I don't know where you got that article, but the one linked in the OP says:

In the Senate, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said he would consult
with federal law enforcement experts about what would work to prevent
further episodes like the "atrocity" at a gay nightclub in Orlando , Florida on Sunday that left 50 people dead including the gunman.  

"We're open — nobody wants terrorists to have guns — to serious suggestions from the experts," the Kentucky Republican said.  

So,yeah, I read the article that we are actually discussing.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only thing that will get through - and this WILL get through - is connecting the No-Fly list to NICS.  And it won't look like the Dems want - it will have an appeal process and perhaps, if Cornyn's version makes it, judicial input.

Remember after Sandy hook, you heard AWB and whatnot but the big mantra was UBC's.  The big mantra this time is the terror watch list - and unless you're a constitutionalist, most won't blink at the concept.  May as well accept it and push for it to be some transparency, process, and appealable.
View Quote

fuck the 5th and 6th amendment who needs that shit.

prove your not a terrorist.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed my senator but he is a RINO
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't know where you got that article, but the one linked in the OP says:

View Quote

You might have to scroll down past the headline to, like, uh, read all the fancy words.
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, we should ignore the other parties that are actually trying to abolish the bullshit parts of our government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the GOP caves on gun control then we should just vote straight Democrat from now on. They already act like Democrats on everything else. Mine as well just have the real thing
Yes, we should ignore the other parties that are actually trying to abolish the bullshit parts of our government.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's because they had the crazy white male narrative to push after Sandy Hook.

This time, it's one of their protected class so they'll do everything possible to deflect the conversation away from Islamic terror.  Gun control is just a big fucking distraction to keep them from having to talk about the real problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We better start calling. This has been the strongest push for gun control yet.

Absolutely, this push for gun control dwarfs what I saw after Sandy Hook

Its weird. Kill children and they really haven't done anything. Kill gay dudes and everybody and their mother is screaming for gun bans.

It's because they had the crazy white male narrative to push after Sandy Hook.

This time, it's one of their protected class so they'll do everything possible to deflect the conversation away from Islamic terror.  Gun control is just a big fucking distraction to keep them from having to talk about the real problem.

Exactly this
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Democrat Filibuster on Gun control:
watch live on Politico http://www.politico.com/livestream-2
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You all need to calm down.

Congress isn't going to do shit in an election year.  This is all political theater because the Liberals are screaming for gun control.
No matter how much they say they want more gun laws, they want to keep their jobs more.

I'm not saying don't call and write your reps, but the panic is stupid and does more harm than good.

View Quote
LOL

The majority of those in office would rather have Clinton win than have Trump.

The GOP is no friend of the 2nd Amendment.

Republicans and Democrats are guilty there. The Republicans created the mess you see as TSA, DHS, etc.... the Patriot Act too. Republicans in NY conspired with Democrats to help pass the SAFE Act. Republican Governors signed AWBs into law in MA, NY, and CA. Bush 41 in 1989 banned the importation of firearms into the country and Bush 43 later in his term banned the import of parts kits with barrels.

We all know the Democrats are Anti-Gun, but don't forget that the Republicans wave the 2nd Amendment around as a carrot on the stick. Sometimes we get the carrot, and sometimes we get the stick.

Gov. George Pataki ran on a pro gun campaign in NY. He passed their AWB.

Gov. Mitt Romney passed their AWB.

Gov. George Deukmejian passed California's first one in 1989.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger passed California's .50 Caliber ban.

NY Senate President Dean Skelos was the lynch pin that got the SAFE Act passed in NY.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich voted to have the 1994 Federal AWB passed when he was in Congress.

President GHW Bush in 1989 restricted "Non Sporting" Firearms from being imported into the country.

President GW Bush in the 2000s restricted parts kits with barrels form being imported since they were "Machine Gun" Parts.

President Reagan in 1968 when he was California Gov. outlawed Open Carry and passed the 15 Day waiting period. In 1989 he said that Americans should not be able to own AK and other "Assault Weapons". His own words. "I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense," he said. "But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home."

All were Republicans.

As I said..... we know that the Democrats are scum sucking leaches that wish to strip us of our rights but the GOP is not the innocent creature of Pro 2nd Amendment ideals that many think they are. Paul Ryan said that the Republican Party is not the Conservative party. And that sent everyone into raving madness when he said it. Only in the last five to ten years has there been any substantial development of republicans being interested in individual rights and that is used as a carrot on a stick to keep us voting for them and even then they aren't for true individual rights and freedoms.

Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The only thing that will get through - and this WILL get through - is connecting the No-Fly list to NICS.  And it won't look like the Dems want - it will have an appeal process and perhaps, if Cornyn's version makes it, judicial input.

Remember after Sandy hook, you heard AWB and whatnot but the big mantra was UBC's.  The big mantra this time is the terror watch list - and unless you're a constitutionalist, most won't blink at the concept.  May as well accept it and push for it to be some transparency, process, and appealable.
View Quote

Republican Rep. Patrick Joseph "Pat" Toomey pushed for UBC and guess what.... he's doing it right now!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"I sold that"

If no transfer without 4473, there are records of sale.  No 4473, it's just your word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I sold that"

Once your computer is taken, and they see this post from you, "I sold that" will probably not cut the mustard........
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:20:23 PM EDT
[#13]
time to pay back those who want Trump
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Light those phones and inboxes up.
View Quote

Already contacted all my reps in both houses. You gotta pound them even if they are a Democrat and you think they're a lost cause, they fear for their job, let em know you will not only take their job but you'll hound them out of every lobby position they take afterwards...
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I emailed my senator but he is a RINO
View Quote

yes he is but he is very susceptible  to public pressure.  Remember the immigration bill he, saxby, and president bush were going to ram through?  enough phone calls and he will change his mind.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top