BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
YEW RITE SMALL REAL PURDY

This would be the first time I have ever received a complement on my handwriting....
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
YEW RITE SMALL REAL PURDY

This would be the first time I have ever received a complement on my handwriting....

Even in a different language.  Yet he likes it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/5/2012 11:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I am going to bump this because I'm getting the pre-election jitters and need to think about something else...

FBHO.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awesome idea. I'm going to get some string or fine wire and run a tag through the loop in the zip tie.

Thanks a bunch for sharing

Interesting mod. What would be the purpose?

You could hang it on a hook, clip it to a bag, etc. Just to find it easier in the piles of stuff I have. And I like labeling stuff, just a personal thing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Awesome idea. I'm going to get some string or fine wire and run a tag through the loop in the zip tie.

Thanks a bunch for sharing

Interesting mod. What would be the purpose?

You could hang it on a hook, clip it to a bag, etc. Just to find it easier in the piles of stuff I have. And I like labeling stuff, just a personal thing.

That's a good idea. I have my LULA, Stripper clip speed loader, and front site tool all tied together on 550 cord. I suppose there is room for the dipstick.

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I can see using this for pre-combat checks.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah... Goes will my "all guns are always loaded... Until you need them to be, then they are never loaded" mindset.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Clever! I like it!

This!

OP's "Uninstalling Obama" sig just got reset to 50%. At least we know it won't reset again....
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:28:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if i was motivated, i would throw a trademark/ patent on it, and sell them on ebay for $2.00 bucks.

Yeah, I considered that... But you know what? It's so easy to do yourself, that it's almost hard to sell.

Not sure... you can sit on the line between a gag product, and a lazy person's product and sell things sometimes.

For example;

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#10]
That's neat!
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah... Goes will my "all guns are always loaded... Until you need them to be, then they are never loaded" mindset.

I mean if I have to inspect a bunch of joes before step off and want to see how many rounds are in their magazines.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Clever! I like it!

Yeah, me too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Clever! I like it!

This!

OP's "Uninstalling Obama" sig just got reset to 50%. At least we know it won't reset again....

No, It's gone...
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 2:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean if I have to inspect a bunch of joes before step off and want to see how many rounds are in their magazines.

Are some of them that dumb and not load mags?
Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Until 100% of the people do everything right 100% of the time you check their shit.

If you have a problem child then you really check that guy's shit, which might include seeing how many rounds he has in a magazine.

Being an instructor I have seen people do all kinds of jacked up shit. That's why they need instruction.

Link Posted: 11/7/2012 3:30:42 PM EDT
[#16]

I ain't seen that in a while but I always thought it's be a good sign.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Well comrades!––I suppose I may as well get to work on the 5 round version of this guy... Until then, pass the word.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Darn man, you should have kept it on the low key. You could have made some money. Props to you for spreading the word.

I'm actually going to be on shark tank next week pitching this
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Darn man, you should have kept it on the low key. You could have made some money. Props to you for spreading the word.

I'm actually going to be on shark tank next week pitching this

I've had it low-key for 7 years now....
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, I just left the patent lawyer's office.  OP, you should be getting a letter soon from him about deleting the contents of this thread as well as throwing away all samples you have.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok, I just left the patent lawyer's office.  OP, you should be getting a letter soon from him about deleting the contents of this thread as well as throwing away all samples you have.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So you would pay more for injection molded polymer?

1. Paint it green, put biohazard symbol on it
2. Introduce it as "zombie ammo counter" at SHOT
3. ???
4. Profit!

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you would pay more for injection molded polymer?

1. Paint it green, put biohazard symbol on it
2. Introduce it as "zombie ammo counter" at SHOT
3. ???
4. Profit!

Zombie is the new "tactical" I guess...
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Find a SEAL to give one to, then market it AS USED BY THE SEALS.

Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did you download that PMag?

If you want a TROY mag, I'll trade you for a PMag

I have a bunch.

Most of my Pmags are Black - non-windowed. Is that OK? I save my FDE ones for my FDE league gun. I'm OCD like that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesome idea.

You should have posted that you invented the most revolutionary improvement to the AR since it was created and then made everyone wait a week before revealing it.  You know, to make it dramatic?
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Awesome idea.

You should have posted that you invented the most revolutionary improvement to the AR since it was created and then made everyone wait a week before revealing it.  You know, to make it dramatic?

HAHAHA... Yeah, JB Weld tacticool...
Link Posted: 11/11/2012 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I first saw one of these when in the USMC to measure ammo handed out to guard sentries

That's where I first saw this too. Camp Guard, 62 Area, 1995.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I first saw one of these when in the USMC to measure ammo handed out to guard sentries

That's where I first saw this too. Camp Guard, 62 Area, 1995.

Semper....

I was at 53 Area when I saw it.

I'd love to take full credit for it, but is was really a perfection on someone else's idea.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#33]
All magazines are either full or empty, durrrrrrrrrr.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Reading the comments in that article?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#35]
There were comments?
I was going to reply to some, but I see that you and that other guy pretty much covered everything.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool, as far as getting an actual count but all my mags are full and a quick push on the top round verifies that.

ETA: more accurately, all my mags are either full or empty.

Yeah, I have standardized to: 28 in all USGI, 30 in all PMAGs. I've seen to many full USGIs fall out after tactical reloads to not buy into the concept of downloading.

If people want to run them topped off, it's your prerogative.

Yeah, you run your equipment however you want. It's your shit but you know that all your mags (except tan follower GI mags) have the round on the right when properly loaded and you know how far down the round move when you push your thumb on them.

Like I said, it's pretty neato for game like the OP was talking about but I can't see myself using it. I'm not trying to down on the OP, either; I appreciate him sharing it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool, as far as getting an actual count but all my mags are full and a quick push on the top round verifies that.

ETA: more accurately, all my mags are either full or empty.

Yeah, I have standardized to: 28 in all USGI, 30 in all PMAGs. I've seen to many full USGIs fall out after tactical reloads to not buy into the concept of downloading.

If people want to run them topped off, it's your prerogative.

Yeah, you run your equipment however you want. It's your shit but you know that all your mags (except tan follower GI mags) have the round on the right when properly loaded and you know how far down the round move when you push your thumb on them.

Like I said, it's pretty neato for game like the OP was talking about but I can't see myself using it. I'm not trying to down on the OP, either; I appreciate him sharing it.

In a tactical application, this is more for half full/empty mags. You shoot 18-20 rounds, run a Tactical reload, and later you can see how many are left in each mag. I also use it at the weekly rifle matches I attend.

If you don't want to use it, it doesn't bug me. It really is a cool tool, though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They are if you spend your days icing motherfuckers like cupcakes...at least that's what I tell my mom.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Reading some of the comments on that blog, it blown my mind how bent out of shape some people can get over a FREE DIY tip.

Fucking A, if it doesn't work for you, don't use it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Reading some of the comments on that blog, it blown my mind how bent out of shape some people can get over a FREE DIY tip.

Morans. Ignorify them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Word is getting out

http://www.armoryblog.com/gear/diy-ar-15-mag-ammo-level-dipstick/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+armoryblogfeed+%28Armory+Blog%29
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Magpul will make these and charge $19.99. I'd hurry up and patent this idea!
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Word is getting out

http://www.armoryblog.com/gear/diy-ar-15-mag-ammo-level-dipstick/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+armoryblogfeed+%28Armory+Blog%29

COOL! thanks for the post.
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

They saw the word 'dipstick' and assumed it was about them.

Link Posted: 12/6/2012 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Very cool Skillets!
Link Posted: 12/6/2012 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Every time I pull one of these out at the range people seem to be pretty curious about it, so I figured it would make a good thread.

I use this a lot at the Rifle League matches I shoot where it's a DQ if you transition to a handgun with a Con-1 weapon. WIth this tool I can put just the right amount of rounds in my last mag to finish the rifle portion of the course with an empty mag. If you've got a bunch of mags stocked away and want to get a count of how much ammo is in each mag, this is a handy tool. It could also be used for consolidating ammo in a military application. I first saw one of these when in the USMC to measure ammo handed out to guard sentries, but it was just colored in to 25 rounds, and didn't have the actual round count markers. Outside of that, I have never seen anything like it, so I figured I'd share the knowledge.

It's a pretty simple concept: just zip-ties, a sharpie, a full 30 round mag, and a little time. I usually start with the mag full, mark, pop out a round, mark, repeat. I personally like the the index line to line up with the feed lip on the side where the indicated round is, but you can do it however makes the best sense.

People have told me I should market it, but I suck at that kind of stuff and how much money could you really make on something like this anyway? If magpul wants to stark making these things––cool. I will still just make my own.  Anyway, it beats the shit out of a little JB weld on a ejection port cover.

Here are some pics. If anyone needs it broken down "barney style" just ask.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Mag%20Dipstick/1352141295.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Mag%20Dipstick/1352141298.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Mag%20Dipstick/1352141303.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Mag%20Dipstick/1352141364.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/Mag%20Dipstick/1352141307.jpg

Magpul Munitions Meter (3 pack) - $49.99

Link Posted: 12/6/2012 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Until 100% of the people do everything right 100% of the time you check their shit.

If you have a problem child then you really check that guy's shit, which might include seeing how many rounds he has in a magazine.

Being an instructor I have seen people do all kinds of jacked up shit. That's why they need instruction.

It's part stupidity, part laziness.

Joe will do anything to shave off a couple oz's here and there
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top