User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Feel the burn.

Edit- I know you don't want to get "hooked", but pain management will help the healing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have not had a percocet in about 16 hours. Now the real pain is setting in. Holy canoli this sucks!

Feel the burn.

Edit- I know you don't want to get "hooked", but pain management will help the healing.

I really want to poop. Its 3am here and most of what I am dealing with is combined abdominal and gas pain. Woke me up. I was able to pass some major gas for sweet relief but I need to get this baby out of me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I really want to poop. Its 3am here and most of what I am dealing with is combined abdominal and gas pain. Woke me up. I was able to pass some major gas for sweet relief but I need to get this baby out of me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have not had a percocet in about 16 hours. Now the real pain is setting in. Holy canoli this sucks!

Feel the burn.

Whatever you do, do not use a laxative, only "softener", and as a last resort an enema (Fleet, available everywhere).

This too shall pass.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#3]
After you get home is when the fun starts, you won't be able to shit for days, the pain from that alone is something i will never forget, then the fact that you can't get up after you cant lay down, after you cant walk anywhere, my cock looked like a overripe banana for a week, one week of hell for sure .
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Success. Here's how I did it:

Stopped taking percocet for a day
Switch to bourbon (didn't get drunk, just used as a relaxant)
A couple glasses of water+fiber powder
Two large cups of black coffee
One cigarette

Oh sweet, sweet, relief.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one. My Dr. told me not to get surgery unless it bothered me. So far, it hasn't.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one. My Dr. told me not to get surgery unless it bothered me. So far, it hasn't.
View Quote

What kind of symptoms do you have?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It is called a "movement" for a reason. Sit on the can, read the paper, and let thing happen. It will.

I've had hernia surgery on both sides so I have scars that form a "V." Once heard someone describe it as the "V" for "victory."
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#8]
What were your symptoms for those of you who had hernias? How did you know you had one?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

DO they even do open incision for hernias anymore?  If so - they shouldn't.  Freaking dark-ages & leaches technique, that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, was your surgery an open incision or laparoscopic?

Laparo. Small incisions right above belly button, and two on either side, slightly higher. I felt OK most of yesterday, some soreness.Had a hard time falling asleep, but a nice gentle handy from the wife took care of that. I woke up this morning feeling like I took a full power shot from Squatdog, could hardly get up. A couple percocet and Im feeling fine as long as I don't move.

Sitting on the john right now fruitlessly trying to go. No luck. Maybe later.

DO they even do open incision for hernias anymore?  If so - they shouldn't.  Freaking dark-ages & leaches technique, that.

40% of the laproscopic surgeries have to be "corrected" at a later point in time.
the open incision repairs have a 95% effective rate..
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What were your symptoms for those of you who had hernias? How did you know you had one?
View Quote

For inguinal hernia, it was dull pain-burning-discomfort in left groin accompanied by dull ache in testicle on same side. Enhanced by bending and lifting. Slight bulge in the pubic region on that side too. Push on the bulge for relief.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None yet. Just the lump.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top