BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their guard hairs are worth $70+ an ounce, quills are worth 10-15 an Oz and skulls are $20.
View Quote

There's also the Rez, won't make as much, but no skinning involved.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Their guard hairs are worth $70+ an ounce, quills are worth 10-15 an Oz and skulls are $20.
View Quote

Seriously?  Where can I get a hook up for selling them?  I can get a ton of those bastards whenever I want to.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There's also the Rez, won't make as much, but no skinning involved.
View Quote

After having an 8 year old threaten to shank the guy next to me for a toy car at a trade show I did, I avoid the rez by you. And the ones by me are tempting fate by sticking so many double wides next to each other, a tornado is gonna hit one of these days.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Seriously?  Where can I get a hook up for selling them?  I can get a ton of those bastards whenever I want to.
View Quote

Western ones.....your eastern ones have shorter hair.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, they don't hibernate and when it's -30 below you can hear them gnawing away on trees.  I will look into it next time one wanders in my path.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've only ever seen one of those here. where did you shoot that? Only time I ever saw one was dead on the side of hwy 410 west of Cliffdell.
View Quote
WA is lousy with those.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WA is lousy with those.
View Quote

I didn't say they weren't here. I just said I hadn't seen any that weren't road kill on the wet side.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I know a guy who ran over a pork one time.  Actually he ran over the damn thing at least 3 or four times.  

The next morning , four flat tires.    That there was funny, except it cost him four new tires.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know a guy who ran over a pork one time.  Actually he ran over the damn thing at least 3 or four times.  The next morning , four flat tires.    That there was funny, except it cost him four new tires.
View Quote

It must have been huge. I have never seen a porcupine quill that could come close to popping a car tire.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It must have been huge. I have never seen a porcupine quill that could come close to popping a car tire.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a guy who ran over a pork one time.  Actually he ran over the damn thing at least 3 or four times.  The next morning , four flat tires.    That there was funny, except it cost him four new tires.

I hit one in a Chevy malibu and pulled a half dozen quills out of the front lower valance
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Picked up a scorpion with two sticks when I was in the 9th grade.  Took it in to school for extra points in biology class, where it went into a terrarium as a school exhibit.  At the time we thought it was really wild to find/catch a scorpion along a dry creek bed in Jacksonville, AR.  Not typical scorpion territory.

Picked up a semi-dead rattle snake with a chain/clip fish stringer wound around a long stick after I crushed it's head with a rock (that was funny, usually it would take me 5 or 6 rocks to hit something but I got her on the first rock - her, yeah, cut the head/rattles off, gutted it and it had 10 or 11 five inch or so baby snakes inside it.)  Skinned it and cut it into 4 to 5" pieces and fried it in a skillet.  Fried rattle snake is good, too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I used fireplace tongs to put a rabid coon I shot in the yard in a trash bag. I bleached the blood/tongs afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Had to pick up a dead bat one time, so I took a plastic baggie, turned it inside out, grabbed it, and inverted the bag.

Then I basically bleached my hands afterwards.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top