Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:26:42 AM EDT
[#1]
He can wear whatever he wants.

You can say whatever you want.

As long as both of you understand the possible consequences

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a jeffrey dahmer t shirt somehwere with a funny caption. If I find it im posting pics.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a jeffrey dahmer t shirt somehwere with a funny caption. If I find it im posting pics.

Now that's too far...

I don't really enjoy wearing shirts that could offend others but I have no problem with other people wearing them.  Usually I lol when i see them.  The most offensive shirt I have is a "Friends don't let friends vote Democrat."  Shirt.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#4]
since there are only two serious options, I went with "MYOB"

Now, if he was wearing that shirt to a meeting for political refugees from China, Russia, and so on, then yeah, I would say go ahead and pull the guy aside. But at a bar? Lighten-up Francis.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:38:10 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not like he pulled a Cameron Diaz.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
oh boy.  Let me just make a prediction here and say that this thread is definitely not going where you thought it would.

As someone who completely believes in free speech and probably has more offensive views than most people I understand where this could lead. However, If anyone ever challenged my views I would be happy to take their view into consideration. This is why I didn't drag the guy outside and demand he remove his shirt, I simply let him know that he should look up the history of communism before wearing a shirt making a joke of it.

Did you realize this part before or after the confrontation?

No I realized where he was going with the shirt, and got the "Joke" but had it been a Nazi party joke I doubt many would have been laughing.

"Nazi Party shirt" unless Hitler was prominently displayed NO ONE would "get it" under the age of PROBABLY 40.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:26:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I mean really...
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
oh boy.  Let me just make a prediction here and say that this thread is definitely not going where you thought it would.

As someone who completely believes in free speech and probably has more offensive views than most people I understand where this could lead. However, If anyone ever challenged my views I would be happy to take their view into consideration. This is why I didn't drag the guy outside and demand he remove his shirt, I simply let him know that he should look up the history of communism before wearing a shirt making a joke of it.

I think the shirt is funny. If I were wearing it and you attempted to drag me outside I'd drag you across the fucking floor on your face. You might be happy to take my view into consideration, but I don't give a fuck about yours so do everybody a favor and keep it to yourself.

So good job on making yourself look like a busy body, t-shirt patrol jackass. I hope it made you feel really important picking on some guy that you obviously knew was weaker because you'd never do something like that to a guy like me.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]
So when a liberal asks you " Do you realize how many millions of people guns have killed", will you thank them for their insight?

MYOB and stop being such a baby.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Despite the guy's ignorance, I've seen that shirt and other similar designs on a website that ridicules communism.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Lighten up, Francis......
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#12]
in
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 2:47:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So I'm at the bar tonight with a few friends when a guy walks in wearing this T-Shirt
http://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/communist-party-t-shirt.gif
At first I took a look at the shirt and gave the guy a disgruntled look. After another beer I pulled the gentlemen aside and asked him if he knew how many Hundreds of MILLIONS of people had died under the communist rule. He responded that he didn't know and said, "what do you want me to do, take off my shirt?" I responded no, that would make me a dick and I know we all want to have a good time. However, I would be cautious as to where you wore that shirt because me wearing a Hitler shirt would probably be less offensive than the shirt you're wearing.

I thought the title was the begining of a joke.
Now I now,the joke is on YOU!
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:03:11 AM EDT
[#14]
It a pic of commies, having a party....  whats not to like?!?
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:03:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Sometimes satire is just that. The OP should watch the original Mel Brooks movie "The Producers".
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:12:52 AM EDT
[#17]
What an idiot

Some people need to learn to mind their own business. What if he had just found out his wife/girlfriend had left him and he pulled a gun and shot you.

He wore the shirt to get attention and you went for it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

doesn't that pic make fun of communism?

Yep...

It's been posted here before... the tag-line is 'Communisim: It's a Party'....

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One of our Team members had that as his avatar.  I thought it was pretty funny.

It is funny but some people are too macho and important to have a sense of humor.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of our Team members had that as his avatar.  I thought it was pretty funny.

It is funny but some people are too macho and important to have a sense of humor.

...and some guys spend too much time checkin' out what other guys are wearing.

What kind of bar was this..?

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Good job, I have done worse. I confronted a guy in front of the Apple store wearing a shirt that had lenin flipping the bird with the caption " "capitalism". ....... Now that pissed me off. I told him off in my typical redneck manor and even got a thumbs up and a hell yea from a couple other people. Yea, it felt great.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:34:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Free speech is definitely not negotiable. However the slow insidious "normalization" of once reprehensible character by ignorant folks is disturbing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Some of you guys have no sense of humor. It's a joke precisely because they are having a party - unlike in real life where communist parties enslave billions and murder hundreds of millions.

The OP desereved a dressing down himself for running his mouth off on something he didn't understand.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:38:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:53:13 AM EDT
[#25]
The problem is that opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. But next time, dont go around showing it to everyone at a social event.

Seriously, I think you need to drink less if you get so upset at someone wearing a shirt that is so obviously just a joke.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:56:29 AM EDT
[#26]
+1  No tolerance for commies.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:57:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I've always thought the shirt was funny and a clever play on words.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Whoah.

I know two very right wing and historically aware people who have that shirt. It really is just a joke.

I should make you aware that Monty Python did a hilarious "Mr. Hilter" sketch without any big controversy.

I agree...I know what those guys on the shirt did, but damnit it's a FUNNY JOKE! Kind of like all of you laughed at Kim Jong il in Team America: World Police..."Ooohhh Hanz Brix!!" was fuckin funny.

ETA: I also have a shirt with Kim Jong il on it that says "I'm Rick James Bitch!" and it's funny as hell too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:00:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:05:04 AM EDT
[#30]
that aint shit, few months ago Im at a sub shop in Charlotte and in walks a black guy wearin one of those muslim type skull caps they like to wear , carrying a Koran and wearing a Che T-shirt, i tried real hard not to point and laugh at him
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:07:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't have said shit, but I think that he has every right to wear whatever he wants, just as you have every right to voice your opinion.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:14:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I would ever wear such a shirt, but someone thinking they were going to drag me out of a bar because of such a thing would not be a good idea.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#33]
dude- Tshirt hell shirt.....

communism, it's a party...... it's a joke
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:21:43 AM EDT
[#34]
At least he wasn't a neo Nazi, those people are scary!
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#35]
It is just a fucking bar... Joke tee or not, you're welcome to your opinion and he his.
Now if you were say at a bar inside the VFW... That's a different story. I don't think the other people at Applebees cared either way.
 -just sayin.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:25:33 AM EDT
[#36]
I have no problem with what you did....I think you handled it well.

There is a reason the silent majority became the silent minority.

If we dont stand up for what we know it just, who will?
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:28:52 AM EDT
[#37]
While it might have been a light hearted gag shirt, the reality is the commies ARE trying to desensitize Americans to the horrors of Communism. It is absurd that any American would utter any words of support for such a sick institution, but I suppose it is to late. The commies have the White House, Senate, and House 'o reps.  Soon they will control the Jud and the constitution will be reinterpreted to death.

I guess I'm a party pooper because I don't consider communism a joke.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Main Entry: sat·ire
Pronunciation: \ˈsa-ˌtī(-ə)r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin satura, satira, perhaps from (lanx) satura dish of mixed ingredients, from feminine of satur well-fed; akin to Latin satis enough — more at sad
Date: 1501
1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn
2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

The shirt is making fun of, and being disrespectful to, the communist party.  
You were off.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:33:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Sometimes satire is just that. The OP should watch the original Mel Brooks movie "The Producers".

that would push him over the edge
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is why I didn't drag the guy outside and demand he remove his shirt <...>

I have and wear that shirt, it covers my 1911 nicely.

Attempting to drag me outside would not have ended well for any of us.

I suggest you rethink the choices you make when interacting with people you don't know.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I have a Ukrainian friend who grew up under Soviet rule.  He wears that shirt on occasion.  I dare you to lecture him on communism.

I love it when you guys think you're intellectually and morally superior when the point of something breezes by way over your head.  MYOFB.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:41:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
At least he wasn't a neo Nazi, those people are scary!

Is this what he looked like after you forcibly removed his shirt?

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:41:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Madam Cleo......

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:43:20 AM EDT
[#44]
I would have told you to mind you own fucking business, as I fought to protect the right to free speech for myself and OTHERS.  I may not agree with what people say, but they have the right to be wrong.

Try an AA meeting, if you need to correct people at bars - well.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:45:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you realize this part before or after the confrontation?

No I realized where he was going with the shirt, and got the "Joke" but had it been a Nazi party joke I doubt many would have been laughing.

You should totally make the "Nazi Party" shirt featuring Hitler, Goebbels, Eichmann, Goring, and Heydrich!  If you really wanted to tick people off, you could add Joe Kennedy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#46]
That shirt is actually pretty funny.

even if it wasn't and was a serious pro-communism shirt, so what? let him wear it make your decision not to be his best friend.

I would have told you to go fuck yourself, especially if I had been drinking.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
doesn't that pic make fun of communism?

yes, yes it does. But we will let the OP believe he did society a good deed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#48]
It's a funny shirt.   Yes, there's a double-standard at work but so what.

I can't imagine confronting a stranger in a bar over a shirt anyway.  Could lead somewhere I don't want to go.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:55:30 AM EDT
[#49]
I have posted that pic in many birthday threads here.  It is just a joke/goof.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 4:58:34 AM EDT
[#50]
i have relatives who died in Gulag so I do not like the shirt or what it represents due in large part of the the lack of education in this nation about what happened within the iron curtain. I don't think you were overly rude and you made a valid point to the wearer of said shirt, I believe in free speach and that you both executed properly he can wear what he wants, to exercise that right and you cant tell him without violence that you disaprove no harm no foul maybe he even learned that the soviet Union wasn't a joke and millions suffered.

Oh and if Michelle was on it it would be very very funny
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top