Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/18/2017 6:21:15 PM EDT
I've had high end cheese before and love the higher quality cheeses. Picked up a super pricey blue cheese and splurged. Holy mackerel!  This was more blue than cheese. The flavor was incredible and lingered on the palette. Earthy. Yummy.

Now I'm trying to find things to use it for. It's that good. I'm going to commit a sin and put it on our ribeyes tonite. And the backed tater as well. Oh and the salad. Be careful though. The flavor is intense. A little goes a long way.

I hope I'm not hooked on pricey cheese now. Stuff is expensive.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, send me some.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the brand?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, send me some.
View Quote

Me too! I love good cheese. 

Especially Velveeta. 

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Its one of my go to Viking broiler specialties.  Thick ribeye, 4min a side, Maytag Blue cheese for the last minute of side 2.  Perfection.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the store brand brie at Giant Eagle.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Expensive as in the only cheese you've ever bought was store brand American cheese slices at 1.99 a pack and the stuff was 3.99 for some crumbles?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've had high end cheese before and love the higher quality cheeses. Picked up a super pricey blue cheese and splurged. Holy mackerel!  This was more blue than cheese. The flavor was incredible and lingered on the palette. Earthy. Yummy.

Now I'm trying to find things to use it for. It's that good. I'm going to commit a sin and put it on our ribeyes tonite. And the backed tater as well. Oh and the salad. Be careful though. The flavor is intense. A little goes a long way.

I hope I'm not hooked on pricey cheese now. Stuff is expensive.
View Quote

I just love me some backed taters  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Grill a steak and melt some on top of it. Serve with a salad made from mixed field greens, strawberries, walnuts, blue cheese, balsamic vinegar. Thank me later.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Expensive as in the only cheese you've ever bought was store brand American cheese slices at 1.99 a pack and the stuff was 3.99 for some crumbles?
View Quote

I think this was 30 bucks a pound. Sold in small quantities. Wife picks out fine French soft cheese but I don't know the price. But they're considered fine cheese.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow! I feel guilty buying Parmesan at $10 / lb
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow! I feel guilty buying Parmesan at $10 / lb
View Quote

Good parm is worth it. We love the wedge from Costco.  Good cheese. Good price.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Let it assume room temperature and have it on a good cracker with a good IPA.
Omg, good stuff
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Grill a steak and melt some on top of it. Serve with a salad made from mixed field greens, strawberries, walnuts, blue cheese, balsamic vinegar. Thank me later.
View Quote

Sounds great. I'd add some pears as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Mmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Smear some like butter on a hot English muffin with a little marmalade.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I prefer foods that aren't in a state of partial decomposition
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hope I'm not hooked on pricey cheese now. Stuff is expensive.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418896/image-149214.jpg
View Quote

bleu cheese is the bomb...and the better quality it is the more it costs...I just love the stuff
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Put some on fresh pear slices.  The flavors really compliment each other.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Stuff some into those giant green olives and plunk them into a dry Titos vodka martini
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Try bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed mushrooms.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stuff some into those giant green olives and plunk them into a dry Titos vodka martini
View Quote

This man knows.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Tried blue cheese and just didn't care for it, now is it because it was cheaper stuff or just one of those things you have a taste for it or you don't
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:36:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I get Maytag blue every year, mmm mmm.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#26]
How about tossing some on a salad with ranch dressing?. Homemade blue cheese dressing...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Steak n cheese
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm snacking on some Podda Misto and salami. It's a sheep/cow mixed cheese that is somewhat similar to Manchego but sharper and nuttier,if you can find some get  it sliced about 4mm thick with a good cured meat.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Blue cheese is great on steak.
A good blue cheese is good on anything.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#30]
One of the most sublime meals of my life was good ribeyes, with fresh French bread, good bleu cheese, salad, and a good Cabernet Sauvignon.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Try bacon wrapped blue cheese stuffed mushrooms.
View Quote

Oh fuck me.  That sounds incredible.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tried blue cheese and just didn't care for it, now is it because it was cheaper stuff or just one of those things you have a taste for it or you don't
View Quote

You either love it or you don't.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sounds perfect right now, a drink and a snack in one hand.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I like blue but I love roquefort.

I know technically Roquefort is a Blue but not all blues are Roquefort.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Me too! I love good cheese. 

Especially Velveeta. 
View Quote

Leave the white velvetta out long enough, it will look the same.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Do you want to know a secret? If you take the standard decent blue cheese at the store and leave it at room temp it will get more blue like what you are suggesting. It sounds like that's the big difference between the expensive cheese and the regular ones. Maybe try it if you dare.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Make mine black and keep them separate from the drink, and I'll party with OP.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Do you want to know a secret? If you take the standard decent blue cheese at the store and leave it at room temp it will get more blue like what you are suggesting. It sounds like that's the big difference between the expensive cheese and the regular ones. Maybe try it if you dare.
View Quote

Likely. But I'd rather have the mold or whatever it is to to be grown in a controlled environment

Just finished dinner. The only thing that makes my eyes roll back more than this is my own homegrown bradywine maters.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hope I'm not hooked on pricey cheese now. Stuff is expensive.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418896/image-149214.jpg
View Quote

Mix it with mayo and sour cream and dip some really hot hotwings in it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Just picked up 3 kinds of Rogue creamery blue.  Looking forward to savoring every bite.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#42]
I love a really good blue.   A local steak joint offers a fillet with a house blue cheese sauce.   It's amazing !!!

And if you find a good blue cheese dressing, it takes a salad to a different level.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like blue but I love roquefort.

I know technically Roquefort is a Blue but not all blues are Roquefort.
View Quote

This. Love good blue cheese, just don't put it on my fucking steak, on the salad before? Fuck yeh.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just picked up 3 kinds of Rogue creamery blue.  Looking forward to savoring every bite.
View Quote
That's some good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Looks awesome!  Try Stilton if you haven't had it.  The brits know their blue cheeses.  

We got a little wheel of epoisses a few months back, twenty five bucks and smelled like old socks but it was ridiculously delicious.   Red wine makes it all taste better.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Big cheese fan but I was never a fan of Blue.

My mother was, I am not. Always tasted like ants to me, no matter what kind I tried.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:02:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

My mother was, I am not. Always tasted like ants to me, no matter what kind I tried.
View Quote

I wouldn't touch blue cheese as a youngster. But the reason for my thread is get yourself some good cheese. It's pricey, but it's damn good eats.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:11:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I wouldn't touch blue cheese as a youngster. But the reason for my thread is get yourself some good cheese. It's pricey, but it's damn good eats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I make it a point to buy some kind of cheese I haven't tried every 2-3 trips I make to the store. Most recent was Irish Cheddar (I love all things cheddar). Prior to that was Taleggio which is 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:14:16 AM EDT
[#49]
I love blue cheese. But being allergic to penicillin seems to be a drawback.

I'll eat a bit of blue cheese, even just blue cheese dressing, and the next day my orbital sockets are a little swollen, my eyes red. Totally worth it.

I wish I could eat and enjoy it as much as y'all do.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Likely. But I'd rather have the mold or whatever it is to to be grown in a controlled environment

Just finished dinner. The only thing that makes my eyes roll back more than this is my own homegrown bradywine maters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.  Youre way overthinking this.  Cheese is basically milk solids that are left to rot at room temp for 3 months.  Thats about it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top