Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 131
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#1]
All the growth these Bulls are banking is based on credit, which will collapse and crunch the markets. Basically they refinanced the 2008 bubble, and the sheeple fell for it.

Credit Market

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Part of what makes you so amusing and hilarious to watch is that you seem incapable of understanding what people are actually trying to tell you - so you pointlessly argue against some imagined strawman in your mind, that is not actually real.

You constantly post nonsense like "all the growth these Bulls are banking on ..." without even comprehending that most of the people who are laughing at you are NOT necessarily market "bulls" at all. Please read that again, because it is VERY important.  The people who are (constantly) pointing out how consistently wrong you have been in your predictions and market advice over the years have not at any point advocated or suggested that they are "bulls" or that they expect markets to continue to move up, nor have any of them indicated that they reject the idea that the markets may be over-valued, or due for a correction.

Several of the people who are laughing at you in this thread ARE in fact part of the 1%, whereas clearly you are NOT (given your envy and bitterness towards the 1% demonstrated in this thread).  Perhaps instead of trying to make yourself FEEL smart by denigrating and insulting them, you should actually try to BE smart by listening to them.

Honestly, that is just well-intentioned advice on my part.  I'd hate for you to ACTUALLY be investing real money (which I doubt you are), based on your delusional rambling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All the growth these Bulls are banking is based on credit, which will collapse and crunch the markets. Basically they refinanced the 2008 bubble, and the sheeple fell for it.

Part of what makes you so amusing and hilarious to watch is that you seem incapable of understanding what people are actually trying to tell you - so you pointlessly argue against some imagined strawman in your mind, that is not actually real.

You constantly post nonsense like "all the growth these Bulls are banking on ..." without even comprehending that most of the people who are laughing at you are NOT necessarily market "bulls" at all. Please read that again, because it is VERY important.  The people who are (constantly) pointing out how consistently wrong you have been in your predictions and market advice over the years have not at any point advocated or suggested that they are "bulls" or that they expect markets to continue to move up, nor have any of them indicated that they reject the idea that the markets may be over-valued, or due for a correction.

Several of the people who are laughing at you in this thread ARE in fact part of the 1%, whereas clearly you are NOT (given your envy and bitterness towards the 1% demonstrated in this thread).  Perhaps instead of trying to make yourself FEEL smart by denigrating and insulting them, you should actually try to BE smart by listening to them.

Honestly, that is just well-intentioned advice on my part.  I'd hate for you to ACTUALLY be investing real money (which I doubt you are), based on your delusional rambling.

^^^  now there's a newsletter i would like to subscribe to!  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#5]
 Several of the people who are laughing at you in this thread ARE in fact part of the 1%  
View Quote

Let me make something perfectly clear. You don't know me, what I do or what assets I have, and opinions are based on what you think you know about me.

I seldom quote anyone, maybe you haven't noticed.

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#6]
  Four firms owing a combined $4.8 billion warned this week that they may be at the brink, with Penn Virginia Corp., Paragon Offshore Plc, Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. and Emerald Oil Inc. saying their auditors have expressed doubts that they can continue as going concerns. Falling oil prices are squeezing access to credit, they said. And everyone from Morgan Stanley to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is predicting that energy prices won’t rebound anytime soon.      
View Quote

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-11/energy-default-alarms-get-louder-as-pain-seen-lasting-into-2016
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
bahaha

November 6th

November 12th

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
For the competitive types...

Where do you rank in comparison with your peers?

View Quote

I'm pretty competitive...

That data doesn't have info for old timey folks eating down their seed corn, that could be a little or a lot...

Who don't have the income they once did [that would have scaled pretty well] ----for one reason or another...

But who stashed some away...

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Income is not really a good indicator of wealth.

I also always wonder where these kind of things get their data. Tax returns? if the latter, that changes a helluva lot.

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well that makes me feel better.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Stocks getting destroyed pre-market
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
Futures are down .2%

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Futures are down .2%  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Futures are down .2%  

If you hang out this sort of thread long enough, you'll learn that some people apparently have very different definitions for words like "collapse" and "destroyed" than the dictionary and normal folks have.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you hang out this sort of thread long enough, you'll learn that some people apparently have very different definitions for words like "collapse" and "destroyed" than the dictionary and normal folks have.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Futures are down .2%  

i need some direction here.

do i dig up my .22LR stash, or do i bury my .22LR stash?

so confused.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

so confused.

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Futures are down .2%  

so confused.

ar-jedi

You have a .22 stash? Fucking .01%er right there.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#17]
But karl, the Sheeple say all is good!

bahahaha
This is no longer "just" a profit recession, you see.

Nor is it "just" a commodity recession.

Nor is it "just" a transportation recession, although that one ought to get your attention, and fast.

No, it's also in industrial machinery and, well, pretty-much everything else, with few exceptions.  Even retail sales are getting hammered.

How do you square where the market is with this economic fact and outlook?

You don't.

One of the two is wrong, and that one will move (and probably quite rapidly) to match the other.

PS: I've seen this movie before, and so have you.  Topping pattern, swoon, attempt to break out above old highs fails on false, pumped media hype and hope, and then........  
View Quote

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230897
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]
MCAD divergence continues to increase
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
MCAD divergence continues to increase
View Quote

I was up 1K at the close, then it tacked on plus 2K after 5pm.

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 9:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody hear any news regarding VSTO? They took a disproportionately large hit today. I haven't seen anything across my news feed other than their positive results released yesterday (beating earnings and revenue forecasts).
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anybody hear any news regarding VSTO? They took a disproportionately large hit today. I haven't seen anything across my news feed other than their positive results released yesterday (beating earnings and revenue forecasts).
View Quote

Strong sell

Link Posted: 11/13/2015 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Strong sell

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strong sell

Which is contrary to everything else I'm seeing, which range from "strong buy" to "hold" and are still leaning towards the "buy" side. e.g.,

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/vsto/analyst-research

Really just wondering if there was some particular news I missed (especially given that they are relevant here on ARFCOM).
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Central banks have taken insane measures to prop up markets, soon many will learn a truly life time lesson with the collapse of credit.

The one's that were laughing about my short position, Bahahaha!

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Let me make something perfectly clear:  I absolutely know you, because your posts in this thread and others have made you perfectly transparent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Several of the people who are laughing at you in this thread ARE in fact part of the 1%  

Let me make something perfectly clear. You don't know me, what I do or what assets I have, and opinions are based on what you think you know about me.

I seldom quote anyone, maybe you haven't noticed.

Let me make something perfectly clear:  I absolutely know you, because your posts in this thread and others have made you perfectly transparent.

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Greek talks have failed, EU is scrambling to do damage control

This is going to be bad.

I predict DOW goes to 10,000 minimum

I hope everyone sold all their stocks on Friday
View Quote

So the world did not end, and the sky did not fall......
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Central banks have taken insane measures to prop up markets, soon many will learn a truly life time lesson with the collapse of credit.

View Quote

Your position is unimportant and uninteresting.

They were laughing at YOU.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]
^

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

How are you going to close your short positions if there is a collapse of that magnitude? Even if you could settle them, what good will your accounts be? How will you withdraw the money?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Last half of the week suckeddd.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How are you going to close your short positions if there is a collapse of that magnitude? Even if you could settle them, what good will your accounts be? How will you withdraw the money?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That doesn't concern me in the least, I will be just fine.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, that's good. A lot of us are prepared, too.

That doesn't answer my question, though. What will you gain from the shorts if the credit market collapses? Why would you want to be in the market at all?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That doesn't answer my question, though. What will you gain from the shorts if the credit market collapses? Why would you want to be in the market at all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your logic is faulty...

The credit markets, even if they collapse at all, will likely radiate massive warning signs during the process, that would not likely be 'instantaneous'

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Your logic is faulty...

The credit markets, even if they collapse at all, will likely radiate massive warning signs during the process, that would not likely be 'instantaneous'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your logic is faulty...

The premise and continuing theme of this thread are that the warning signs are radiating right now.

If the credit market collapses, isn't the entire economy essentially going to stop?

I'm not trying to ask a trick question here. How would someone benefit from short positions in this scenario?

Link Posted: 11/14/2015 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#35]
I guess we'll see how it plays out, it was very close in 09.

Besides, this is risk money and if totally collapses I will be fine, like I said before.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Any collapse isn't likely to be instantaneous.

A full blown collapse is unlikely for MANY reasons.

Don't ax me what they are...

plz...  

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#37]
If there was ever a Monday upon which I figured the market would take good sized hit, it was this one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If there was ever a Monday upon which I figured the market would take good sized hit, it was this one.
View Quote

Really?

Did you somehow miss the memo?  You know, the one stating that WAR is bullish?

Because the Russian airliner and this Paris incident are most definitely pushing things in that direction.

As much as I hate to say it, it is a rather despicable truth.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#39]
market was up 237
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Geeeee, no snarky comment today. You disappoint me
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Its all fun games until it blows up, then it gets real.

Keep on laughing!

Rates on interest-rate swaps plunge below Treasury yields
Worries over `something bigger brewing under the surface'
View Quote

Debt Market Distortions Go Global as Nothing Makes Sense Anymore  
View Quote

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-15/debt-market-distortions-go-global-as-nothing-makes-sense-anymore
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#43]
DAY 143
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Lulz
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 6:54:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Way to set your stops, investment master.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hahaha, really sweating bullets here, NOT.

LOL to the bulls!

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL488/1126801/24626458/411833324.jpg
Way to set your stops, investment master.  

laughing my ass off, yep they work genuis bahaha!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nyse-joining-nasdaq-in-eliminating-stop-orders-2015-11-18?dist=afterbell

NYSE joining Nasdaq in eliminating stop orders  
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Still not crashed
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Still not crashed
View Quote

Patience  

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:07:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Interesting Observation:

The only time the stock market, and the economy as a whole, didn't lurch from one crisis to the next, was when the New Deal was law and Big Government regulated the banking and stock industries.  

Before then (1789 through 1934), roller coaster ride.
After then (1981 forward), roller coaster ride.

Nah, just a coincidence!
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 131
Top Top