Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
what a jerkoff
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was disappointed in the new movies, but Lucas is no idiot.

Jar Jar Binks, Ewoks, etc = merchandising for kids

ESB was the least kid-friendly movie of the bunch

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/bb2e_tauntaun_sleeping_bag_full_add.jpg

You owe me a keyboard, asshole....

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a picture of him wearing a Han shot first shirt once on Wikipedia. It's funny how he's wearing a shirt that basically says he's a fuckup for what he's done to the Star Wars movies.
Supposedly, that was necessary for Star Wars to avoid a PG-13 rating on re-release.  I believe it, but I'm sure he could have worked around it somehow.

I don't buy that for a second.  

It was probably the first suggestion they gave him and he just didn't try to figure something else out.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#4]
He thinks its the worst because its the one movie that he had least overall control of. IIRC, the director and Lucas butted heads a few times during production.

Lucas didn't direct Return of the Jedi either, but he got a director who could be controlled for that movie.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw a picture of him wearing a Han shot first shirt once on Wikipedia. It's funny how he's wearing a shirt that basically says he's a fuckup for what he's done to the Star Wars movies.
Supposedly, that was necessary for Star Wars to avoid a PG-13 rating on re-release.  I believe it, but I'm sure he could have worked around it somehow.

I don't buy that for a second.  

It was probably the first suggestion they gave him and he just didn't try to figure something else out.

Nah, I'm betting that's BS. Where did you hear that from? I've never heard that excuse.

Quoted:

Lucas didn't direct Return of the Jedi either, but he got a director who could be controlled for that movie.

IIRC, his first choice for ROTJ was Spielberg but his feud against the Director's Guild prevented it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#7]
meh I dont like any of them
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 2:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]
The movie with jar jar binks is flat out unwatchable.

it has virtually no dramatic arc, the characters are lifeless, the acting is bad, the plot makes no sense.

every bit of what made the original movies great is completely missing.

And jar-jar is literally revolting.  Watching jar-jar makes the average person shiver with revulsion

the only conclusion to be drawn is that Lucas had little to do with the first 3 movies

that also explains why he's going back and fucking up the first three.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
suppose a guy paints a picture like this:

and then he follows it up with a picture like this:

you have to sort of assume that he had lots and lots and lots of really top notch help on the first one. Or more likely, the first one was done by somebody else entirely.

That impression is made stronger if the guy goes back and defaces the first painting because he figures it's not as good as the second picture and needs improvement

FUCK YOU, JAR-JAR LUCAS, YOU PIECE OF SHIT
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
the worse is his stupid ass prequels with JarJar binks.  

This....fuck those prequals
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/bb2e_tauntaun_sleeping_bag_full_add.jpg

I bought two.  Gave one away as a gift, and I have a nephew who sleeps in the other one whenever the family visits.  Coolest Star Wars merchandise... ever.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
suppose a guy paints a picture like this:

http://www.pbs.org/treasuresoftheworld/mona_lisa/images/mona_page_pix/mona_large.jpg

and then he follows it up with a picture like this:

http://newfieworld.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Very-Bad-Mona-Lisa.jpg

you have to sort of assume that he had lots and lots and lots of really top notch help on the first one. Or more likely, the first one was done by somebody else entirely.

That impression is made stronger if the guy goes back and defaces the first painting because he figures it's not as good as the second picture and needs improvement

FUCK YOU, JAR-JAR LUCAS, YOU PIECE OF SHIT

The second picture is still better than the fucking prequels.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#13]
is he insane? empire is one of the best, if not THE best star wars films.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
For me, Star Wars is the best of all the films.  The Empire Strikes Back is VERY good, but is much darker, and lacks the innocence of the original.  Jedi was a harbinger of things to come and is considerably worse than the first two.  

Lucas has completely lost his mind.  At least I can enjoy the deSpecialized editions and pretend nothing else exists.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

the worse is his stupid ass prequels with JarJar binks.  

/thread

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

For me, Star Wars is the best of all the films.  The Empire Strikes Back is VERY good, but is much darker, and lacks the innocence of the original.  Jedi was a harbinger of things to come and is considerably worse than the first two.  

That's exactly how I feel.  The original was the best of all for me.  It was like a good western shoot em up, just in space.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Can he please die already so we can remake the series as it should be?
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't consider Lucas to be a human being any more.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Lucas is a clueless hack that couldn't direct his way out of a wet paper bag.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Lucas is a clueless hack that couldn't direct his way out of a wet paper bag.

he could at one point––ep4 was one of the all-time greats.

maybe head trauma afterwards...

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:every bit of what made the original movies great is completely missing.

The only watchable part of phantom menace is the darth maul - qui-gon/obi wan battle

What the movie should have been about:
Lightsaber Battle

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, he just likes to troll and fuck with legions of high strung internet dorks.

Yep, that would be it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That makes sense.

It's my favorite of the series.

+1
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it a side zip bag? That would be cool.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#25]
George Lucus is a horrible director. He is best when he writes a script, and lets other execute it. Willow being the best case in point IMHO (as well as his best movie). The problem is that his movies have become so popular and so much praise has been given to him, that his ego has ballooned to epic proportions. He has unfortunately been lead to believe that he is better at what he does then he actually is, so now he micro manages every single bit of creative content involving his franchises which has the undue effect of turning them into crap.  This is the reason why the prequels were bad is because he would not let people do their jobs without interjecting himself on every minor decision.

George, please just write a script, let others re-write the dialogue because you suck at dialogue (even harrison ford told you as much during the original star wars production) and then let someone else direct the movie.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#26]
And now from the mind of George...

None of the Star Wars films are available new on DVD.

Blu-ray only.

Better hang on to your unopened DVDs.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it a side zip bag? That would be cool.

Yes, and the zipper pull is a lightsaber!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/bb2e/

The whole thing started out as an April Fool gag, but so many people said they'd buy one they actually had it developed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lucas has completely lost his mind.  At least I can enjoy the deSpecialized editions and pretend nothing else exists.  

I think that change in tone was essential to keeping the story arc on track.  If it was literally "Star Wars 2" it would have been extremely campy and cheesy.  We probably would have gotten effectively The Phantom Menace 20 years ahead of schedule.  The Empire Strikes Back saved Star Wars and allowed it to spawn a pretty damn good expanded universe for two decades before George got his hands on it again.  Had it gone the other way, we'd be talking about Star Wars as that really good 70's movie with shitty sequels rather than an epic trilogy that developed a life of it's own through books, video games, and fanboys.

Don't get me wrong, Star Wars (IV), was exactly what it should have been and merits being nominated for best of series.  Just pointing out how important it was for Empire to be very much unlike a traditional sequel where you put the same characters in similar situations with about the same result by the end of the movie.  (Die Hard for example...)

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Blu-ray only.

I've got my Despecialized Editions in hand and they are backed up.  He can kiss my ass.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blu-ray only.

I've got my Despecialized Editions in hand and they are backed up.  He can kiss my ass.  

Yup. I bought those too back in '05 or '06 when they came with both versions of the films in the same case.
Thought they might have some value to them one day. Guess I was right for once. They are selling for $75 $63.95 or more now.

ETA: One guy is asking $149 for ANH
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top