User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I'm not sure I entirely buy it.  In order to capture the photo like that with the bomb right before impact and no blur, for as fast as that thing moves, you'd need a shutter speed probably at least 1/2000 I would guess.  I don't know personally since I've not photographed a JDAM or some other equivalent on its way to the target.  But it's gotta be moving fast.  In order to get that picture, with it moving so fast, AND no blur, shutter speed has got to be damn fast.    Most likely there would be some blur.

So you're telling me someone just happened to be there that day at the right place, right time PLUS had a good reasonably high megapixel camera AND had a high shutter speed all set and ready at the precise moment?  Not to mention some others posted a follow up of a rather small explosion, so I'm not convinced.  
View Quote

You do understand that the IAF actually has been *calling* the owners of targeted buildings so they can vacate before the bombs land, right?

Might that have something to do with how this sequence of photos were taken?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:22:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You do understand that the IAF actually has been *calling* the owners of targeted buildings so they can vacate before the bombs land, right?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I'm not sure I entirely buy it.  In order to capture the photo like that with the bomb right before impact and no blur, for as fast as that thing moves, you'd need a shutter speed probably at least 1/2000 I would guess.  I don't know personally since I've not photographed a JDAM or some other equivalent on its way to the target.  But it's gotta be moving fast.  In order to get that picture, with it moving so fast, AND no blur, shutter speed has got to be damn fast.    Most likely there would be some blur.

So you're telling me someone just happened to be there that day at the right place, right time PLUS had a good reasonably high megapixel camera AND had a high shutter speed all set and ready at the precise moment?  Not to mention some others posted a follow up of a rather small explosion, so I'm not convinced.  

I did not know that, so I suppose then this could be possible.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Neat photo.  It's passing overhead though, headed down the street, not falling straight down into the intersection, and it does look like the cloud got bigger.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Hard to get a good high-speed camera shot in a warzone...

Plasma jet from a HEAT round

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know as much about cameras as you do about bombs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Just another day in the hood....
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's so cold in the G.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmm, looks like that section of road is blocked off

Tunnel?
View Quote

They call ahead before bombing, if they are smart they runaway.

If not, well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Dailymail should be renamed Derpymail based on a majority of the comments. Much of the time the people speaking common sense get the red arrows and the morons get the green arrows.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Tank_Shell_Explosion_in_Aleppo,_Syria.jpeg

View Quote

The secret to great photographs is taking many, many shitty photographs; and it's so easy for lots of people to take lots of pictures now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Tank_Shell_Explosion_in_Aleppo,_Syria.jpeg

View Quote

I'm sure all of them are dead?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From the Daily Mail article: Some Palestinians are so accustomed to aerial strikes they knew the tactics employed by the Israelis - three smaller missiles fired to warn anyone too close to the target zone, followed by one from a fighter jet to destroy the building

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The secret to great photographs is taking many, many shitty photographs; and it's so easy for lots of people to take lots of pictures now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.  When I was using a film based 35mm SLR (in the 80's), I used to buy Ektachrome by the roll.  In a year in Alaska I probably took a couple thousand or so pictures, had maybe ten or so really good ones.  Can't say any were great photos.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oddly enough the photographer and the guy silhouetted lived.  The three guys illuminated were DRT.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#15]
From the article in the Communist Workers News...I mean Telegraph...

It is a picture of ordinary daily living on the edge between life and death.

Fuck you fuck you fuck you....

If you and your shitbag, man-love Thursday buddies didn't launch rockets at Israelis , going about their "ordinary daily living" ....they wouldn't bomb your ass...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
For someone who is nitpicking at details that don't seem like pertinent details, you completely missed (several times I might add) the correct word for the things that goes BOOM.

Occam's Razor applies.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on folks, it is ORDNANCE not ORDINANCE. Ordnance is a noun referring to military materials such as weapons, ammunition, equipment, and vehicles, Ordinance is a municipal or county law.
I blame spell check.

For someone who is nitpicking at details that don't seem like pertinent details, you completely missed (several times I might add) the correct word for the things that goes BOOM.

Occam's Razor applies.

Fuck Cpl. Upham, and his bitch ass. As a Jew I know there are no boundaries that "Hahas" will cross in order to kill, or make Israel look like baby killing aggressors. Israel is under constant attack in more ways than one, and the media often makes us look like we enjoy it. So I take just about anything that is pro Hamas with fucking metric shit ton of salt.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Oddly enough the photographer and the guy silhouetted lived.  The three guys illuminated were DRT.

http://www.bagnewsnotes.com/files/2012/09/Aleppo-Shelton-after.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.bagnewsnotes.com/files/2012/09/Aleppo-Shelton-after.jpg

I thought there was talk of this photo being a fake.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Needs more

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I blame spell check.

View Quote

Spell Check doesn't keep you from using the wrong fucking word.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh for fuck's sake!

Sequence of tank shell explosion
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Looks like the snackbar action is giving one of those ragheads a woody.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:38:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Looks like the snackbar action is giving one of those ragheads a woody.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Fuck Cpl. Upham, and his bitch ass. As a Jew I know there are no boundaries that "Hahas" will cross in order to kill, or make Israel look like baby killing aggressors. Israel is under constant attack in more ways than one, and the media often makes us look like we enjoy it. So I take just about anything that is pro Hamas with fucking metric shit ton of salt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on folks, it is ORDNANCE not ORDINANCE. Ordnance is a noun referring to military materials such as weapons, ammunition, equipment, and vehicles, Ordinance is a municipal or county law.
I blame spell check.

Occam's Razor applies.

So why are you saying that this series of photos is a contrived effort by many people?  Often, the simplest solution is the correct answer: i.e., these are actual pictures of a strike.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:43:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh for fuck's sake!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh for fuck's sake!

They were students, teachers and laborers

Pretty heavily armed for ". . . students, teachers and laborers".
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

If you scroll down the page there is a story about " vagina pants" that has a, um, weird pic.
View Quote
Read it. Lot of WTF in there. Did you see the titty bra?

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If you scroll down the page there is a story about " vagina pants" that has a, um, weird pic.
View Quote
Read it. Lot of WTF in there. Did you see the titty bra?

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:54:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh for fuck's sake!

Before they took up arms to fight Assad.  You know, like tobacco farmers, lawyers, and shop owners taking up arms to fight the Brits?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh for fuck's sake!

They are rebels fighting against Assad.  I don't give a shit if they were doctors, lawyers, and rock stars.  Just in case you've never been to Syria or Lebanon, EVERYONE is heavily armed and you can buy whatever you want almost anywhere.

The point was to dispute yet another claim by OnlyTheTip regarding the veracity of the photo
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They are rebels fighting against Assad.  I don't give a shit if they were doctors, lawyers, and rock stars.  Just in case you've never been to Syria or Lebanon, EVERYONE is heavily armed and you can buy whatever you want almost anywhere.

http://www.fototime.com/830DA441241B2C7/standard.jpg

The point was to dispute yet another claim by OnlyTheTip regarding the veracity of the photo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh for fuck's sake!

http://www.fototime.com/830DA441241B2C7/standard.jpg

You think definitive proof is going to work???  Silly wabbit, proof is for kids!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#31]
And a New Gif was born that day in Gaza.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#32]

If you are trying to imply those are before & after pictures of the same place, you need to prepare your anus.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:39:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:40:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Photoshopped, you can see the edges around the ordnance, and the center cone is the wrong color. Either ways the photo is doctored.

Fixed
View Quote

Every object in the photo has the same edges, it was a cheap camera but I would not say Photoshop for sure.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, one thing I've noticed is that Palestinians in a war zone are better dressed than Open Carry Texans out trying to make a "statement" supporting gun rights.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

There are after photos, just took out the building.
View Quote

The ARR states the damage estimate to be nearly $3.00.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are after photos, just took out the building.

Property values actually went up.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, one thing I've noticed is that Palestinians in a war zone are better dressed than Open Carry Texans out trying to make a "statement" supporting gun rights.

View Quote

Hmmm ...

Appears you are correct.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top