Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

The basic request is to eliminate #6.  I say go for it and have fun.  Nixing #6 while simultaneously acknowledging that there is no intention, ever, of touching #s1-5 doesn't really hit me as Earth-shattering.

- BG

It's gonna be tough to scream 'DISCRIMINATION' about #6, if you won't do the same for the other 5.  Kinda takes the wind out of the Gay Marriage Lobby's argument.

As it is, it's not discrimination anyways.... NO ONE is allowed to marry outside of the SIX parameters.  If one group was allowed to, but the other wasn't, then it would be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good for them, I hope more states follow suit.

Well if California does grant gay marriage, it would force all 49 other states to recongize california's same sex marriages and, bam, backdoor marriage for everyone.

Either way, I could care less, but there are a lot of people who believe marriage should be as the Bible says it should be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I will never understand why some homo would want to shove his tool into some other man's dirty, hairy, cornhole.

Well I could try to explain it to you if you like.........

Actually I don't understand what you guys see in women.....it not like you have anything in common with them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
'I don't want to impose my beliefs on others...

...unless of course it is to impose my belief that those who engage in deviant sexual behavior should have special days of solidarity in our public schools and be able to change the definition of marriage....

I'm ALL FOR imposing THOSE beliefs on others!!!' [/sarcasm]

-3D

Many schools are simply trying to cut down on the malicious acts against LGBT students, not impose an agenda.

By encouraging malicious acts against those who believe that homosexual behavior is a sin and goes against what the Bible teaches.

Don't think those kids are marginalized? ridiculed? belittled?

Riiiiiight...

How the hell are they encouraging malicious acts against anti-gay students?  Are you envision roaming bands of Liberal students hounding Christian kids, shouting "homo-hater"?  I can't even get my students to stop using the word "fag," nevertheless get them to defend homosexuals.

Call me when the gay kids start beating up the bigots, and not the other way around.

And, if the government got out of the marriage business altogether, no one would be redefining it except for religious institutions.

There is a way to make both sides happy... or at least content.

Not only are they NOT doing that, but they DON'T WANT to and REFUSE to do that.

So it really is a non sequitur.

If you are referring to religious institutions, that is exactly my point.  The "sanctity" of marriage can remain intact when left to religious leaders.

-3D

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
In before "next they will allow us to marry animals" people.

That would be a very profitable endeavor for some government employees...

Small mutt dog... $50

Marry it...

PROFIT (on 'with-dependents' benefits & such)...

And they wouldn't get jail time for shooting their spouses either...

Not funny,... And not common (spouses shoot us just as often, usually to run off with whoever they were fucking during the last deployment)...

That said, it was meant in jest...

We generally ignore civillian precedent when making our rules... After all, we can still kick you out for being gay (CO's discretion), many states have made that illegal...

I doubt the service would ever pay BAH for a dog...
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I will never understand why some homo would want to shove his tool into some other man's dirty, hairy, cornhole.

Actually I don't understand what you guys see in women.....it not like you have anything in common with them.

There's an Arfcommer somewhere reading that over and over and thinking, "Uh oh."

- BG
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That was actually pretty funny...

But the counter, of course, would be...... If I wanted something common with me, I'd save the time, energy and money, and just find a sweat sock!
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was actually pretty funny...

But the counter, of course, would be...... If I wanted something common with me, I'd save the time, energy and money, and just find a sweat sock!

And I in the spirit of fair play....support your right.

to marry your sock...but sorry if I don't kiss the bride at the wedding.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#10]
So, as the token dyke, I'll chime in...

My spouse and I were discussing her going back to school and figuring out all the financial aid stuff. When she goes back we'll be legally partnered in the eyes of our state. However, the federal financial aid forms, because they rely on DOMA, don't count us as married. So, my income won't be counted towards her financial aid which increases her eligibility. I guess this makes up for having to pay her health insurance post-tax and not being able to file joint federal returns (which I get hammered on financially) and having to pay a few grand in legal fees just to make sure we got all the bases covered in the event of sickness, death, etc.

Thank you anti-gay-marriage folks. You just saved us a crap load of money for once.

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My spouse and I were discussing her going back to school and figuring out all the financial aid stuff. When she goes back we'll be legally partnered in the eyes of our state. However, the federal financial aid forms, because they rely on DOMA, don't count us as married. So, my income won't be counted towards her financial aid which increases her eligibility. I guess this makes up for having to pay her health insurance post-tax and not being able to file joint federal returns (which I get hammered on financially) and having to pay a few grand in legal fees just to make sure we got all the bases covered in the event of sickness, death, etc.

Thank you anti-gay-marriage folks. You just saved us a crap load of money for once.

Sorry akgirl......but arfcom actually has two other lesbians. But welcome just the same...
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry akgirl......but arfcom actually has two other lesbians. But welcome just the same...

They were right!  You ARE recruiting!

- BG
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They were right!  You ARE recruiting!

- BG

Yep.....the bad part is my powers seem only to work on lesbians.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Frankly, what two (or more) consenting adults do and who they do it with is none of my business.

But two guys, two girls, a softball team or whatever getting "married" just is not right in my mind. However, a legal binding contract between people who practice alternative lifestyles so that they in a partnership in the eyes of the law is something I am all for.

But it is not marriage, no matter how you spin it to me, it just isn't.

The part I find more disturbing is our government (once again) ignoring the will of the people. Two bills vetoed by the govenor, a ballot initiave banning gay marriage passed and the courts can say F-you, we don't care what you little people think, we are doing whatever we want. I have a big problem with that.

In closing, I am reminded of a quote from ( I believe) Robin Williams.
" Fine, let gay people get married, then they can be as miserable as the rest of us"

Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If gays want to live together, good for them.  They should NOT get any state benifits (tax stuff) for being married though, or be allowed to get married.  They are not going to be reproducing children, thereby contributing to the growth of society, so they shouldn't be treated as though they will.  

-Ben

My wife and I aren't going to be having kids. Should we be penalized (further)? I had a coworker who through itemizing and deductions from his kids, his wife's kids, and he and his wife's kids, actually got back 2 grand more than they paid in. How in the fuck is that justified?

On behalf of the average taxpayer, we'd like to thank them for loaning us their money interest free,
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Government should not be involved in "marriage" in any form.  If the government wants to sell "lecenses", they should be civil joining licenses that anyone of age can buy and use to join with any other people of age whether it is man/man, woman/woman, man/woman, woman/man/woman, etc.   If there is a split all property gained should be allocated equally between the parties.

Churches can decide whether they want to marry homosexuals or multiple parties or not by them selves.

IBSA's - "well what if someone wants to marry a goat?"

Well if the goose, err I mean goat is old enough and mentally able to understand and sign the contract why not?
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's an Arfcommer somewhere reading that over and over and thinking, "Uh oh."

- BG

TRG?

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If gays want to live together, good for them.  They should NOT get any state benifits (tax stuff) for being married though, or be allowed to get married.  They are not going to be reproducing children, thereby contributing to the growth of society, so they shouldn't be treated as though they will.  

-Ben

My wife and I aren't going to be having kids. Should we be penalized (further)? I had a coworker who through itemizing and deductions from his kids, his wife's kids, and he and his wife's kids, actually got back 2 grand more than they paid in. How in the fuck is that justified?

The idea is that a man and a woman generally have at least the possibility to have kids.  Now, given, there are exceptions to the rule, but they are just that.  The exception, not the rule.  "A married homosexual couple is not going to have kids" would be the general rule in this case, apply accordingly.

-Ben

And that rule is located where in the Constitution (State or Federal will do)?

Banning a civil contract between 2 or more consenting adults based on some favorite interpretation of some ancient religious text doesn't seem to be quite reasonable to those who don't believe in that particular religious text.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

On behalf of the average taxpayer, we'd like to thank them for loaning us their money interest free,

Man, folks with no kids get fucked coming and going-not only do I have to pay to get your offspring to school and educate them for 12 years, then I gotta pay to incarcerate and feed them for another 15 to life.
Link Posted: 3/6/2008 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

The idea is that a man and a woman generally have at least the possibility to have kids.  Now, given, there are exceptions to the rule, but they are just that.  The exception, not the rule.  "A married homosexual couple is not going to have kids" would be the general rule in this case, apply accordingly.

-Ben

And that rule is located where in the Constitution (State or Federal will do)?

Banning a civil contract between 2 or more consenting adults based on some favorite interpretation of some ancient religious text doesn't seem to be quite reasonable to those who don't believe in that particular religious text.

I am not suggesting banning anything based upon a religious text.  Nor am I suggesting banning a civil contract between homosexuals.  I am suggesting that they should not get the benefits legally that generally are perks to couples married who have children and thus increase the citizenry. It has been a common practice to have "incentives" if you will, or at least breaks, for people who  are positively contributing to the increase of society, and thus the increase of people available for the workforce and to wage warfare.  

ETA Civil union, sure.  Go for it.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/7/2008 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#21]
You want court imposed marriage of same sex couples??

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top