BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 158
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm afraid Ser Arthur of Fonzarelli has arrived to pay the iron price.

The skis are coming.  
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi8lmsUix6JDVMF2ZjTq8LvB9U1A1HZC6GrjAGGpXJxBBLnrXX
View Quote

red richard the cunning ham, ser weber pots, and ralf of the round mouth will be riding hard for the stables of joy where the dastardly ser charlz, ser arthur's young cousin, hath abducted the fair maiden joanna from lady marion and ser howard's ever dependable keep.  he recently passed goodman al's inn at the crossroads, where many a squire has learned to polish a shield and sand a floor under ser arnold's instruction.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Rewatching last night's episode.

"Aren't you and Mother getting along?"

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok, I have posted the rumors here. The show is changing things so even if you are a book reader these will still be potential spoilers. Don't read these and then cry about it afterwards, I'm giving you ample warning!

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

If a couple of those things happen I will flip shit man.  

If you dont mind me asking, where are you hearing this, pm me if you need to.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Both.... Never thought about that
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, I have posted the rumors here. The show is changing things so even if you are a book reader these will still be potential spoilers. Don't read these and then cry about it afterwards, I'm giving you ample warning!

Click To View Spoiler

I read a celeb gossip site called Oh No They Didn't, someone there posted about it. Supposedly the person who "leaked" the info works on the set (but since there are several sets spread around the world I take it all with a grain of salt) and has "inside information". Who knows though really. I hope they are wrong about a lot of that stuff, but I can see D & D doing it all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I hope they are wrong about a lot of that stuff, but I can see D & D doing it all.
View Quote

After they needlessly fucked up one of the most important conversations between two major characters in the entire series in 4x10 nothing they do at this point would surprise me.

It's one thing when you have to come up with something on your own and it's shit.  It's another thing entirely when someone hands you gold and you turn it into shit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The man deserved a true battlefield death not in a gutter in Middle East shit hole.

View Quote
Who said he's dead?

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
red richard the cunning ham, ser weber pots, and ralf of the round mouth will be riding hard for the stables of joy where the dastardly ser charlz, ser arthur's young cousin, hath abducted the fair maiden joanna from lady marion and ser howard's ever dependable keep.  he recently passed goodman al's inn at the crossroads, where many a squire has learned to polish a shield and sand a floor under ser arnold's instruction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The skis are coming.  

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi8lmsUix6JDVMF2ZjTq8LvB9U1A1HZC6GrjAGGpXJxBBLnrXX

No, no, not Ser Arnold. Ser MIYAGI.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who said he's dead?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The man deserved a true battlefield death not in a gutter in Middle East shit hole.

Who said he's dead?

He did, pretty much.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/01/ser-barristan-dead-thrones

Also his dead body at like 1 second in next week's promo.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The skis are coming.  

faceless arnold miyagi of myr
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:59:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The skis are coming.  

Wax on, wax off, Arya Stark!

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Couple more things that don't make sense from the episode of fail.

1. Ser Loras is sparring in the training yard, which is inside the Red Keep IIRC.  Cersei went as far as to allow the faith militant inside the Keep itself?   More importantly, Loras would be sparing with a dozen other young knights and squires if not more, all in armor.  Even with tourney swords a dozen knights aren't going to surrender to peasant douchebags in black pyjamas without a fight.  

2. Cersei literally sends Tommen into a confrontation with the Faith Militant.  Only bad things could happen from that.  Tommen could be killed by the mob.  Tommen could be forever cursed from spilling blood on the sept.  Tommen could rescue Loras foiling her plot.  Tommen could look weak in public.  None of these are good for Cersei.  So what the fuck?  Also, I don't understand why they cut out Pate the whipping boy who was Cersei's leverage over Tommen in the books.  I mean, D&D missed an opportunity to make Tommen gay as well.  He could have been madly in love with Pate and was devastated when Cersei has him whipped in a kinky Mr. Slave homoerotic sadomasochistic session.  D&D literally missed an opportunity for gay S&M last night.  They set the homosexual rights movement back 10 years at least.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:33:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Rewatching last night's episode.
"Aren't you and Mother getting along?"

View Quote
I totally identify with Tommen.  I am mister literal and clueless, last to know about anything unless anyone explicitly tells me.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Couple more things that don't make sense from the episode of fail.

1. Ser Loras is sparring in the training yard, which is inside the Red Keep IIRC.  Cersei went as far as to allow the faith militant inside the Keep itself?   More importantly, Loras would be sparing with a dozen other young knights and squires if not more, all in armor.  Even with tourney swords a dozen knights aren't going to surrender to peasant douchebags in black pyjamas without a fight.  

2. Cersei literally sends Tommen into a confrontation with the Faith Militant.  Only bad things could happen from that.  Tommen could be killed by the mob.  Tommen could be forever cursed from spilling blood on the sept.  Tommen could rescue Loras foiling her plot.  Tommen could look weak in public.  None of these are good for Cersei.  So what the fuck?  Also, I don't understand why they cut out Pate the whipping boy who was Cersei's leverage over Tommen in the books.  I mean, D&D missed an opportunity to make Tommen gay as well.  He could have been madly in love with Pate and was devastated when Cersei has him whipped in a kinky Mr. Slave homoerotic sadomasochistic session.  D&D literally missed an opportunity for gay S&M last night.  They set the homosexual rights movement back 10 years at least.

View Quote

Like I said earlier: David and Dan seem to be attempting to make Cersei even more idiotic on the show than in the books.

At least in the books she overturns Maegor's law so they'll acknowledge Tommen as the one true king and forgive the crown's debt to them.

Not simply because she wants to fuck over Margaery.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Testing out this triple spoiler deal

Ok I figured it out, stand by for posted rumors/spoilers

View Quote

thanks for posting those.  Seem very plausible.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:51:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

undisappointed maybe, but you're missing out on a hell of a story by just reading cliff notes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard some rumors about the rest of this season and I swear to god if they are true I am going to be so pissed.
Yeah, this season is quickly going into Aliens 3 territory.  I may have to simply forget that anything after Season 4 took place and pray that GRRM doesn't fuck up the books as bad.    

I hate what they've done with the sparrow's in the show.  I loved everything the sparrows and faith militant did in the books, even if it was a bit extreme, because it surprised and screwed Cersei.  I'm sure it will eventually turn on her, but they've been nothing but Cersei's lunatic catspaw in the show.  

I was telling my wife that there wasn't one "untainted" storyline last night in the show....I think that's a first.  Most of them were completely off track from anything that happened in the books.  I really did not enjoy last night's episode, and unfortunately I only see it getting worse.  If it wasn't for my wife being into it, I think I would stop watching the show altogether until the completion of the book series.  So you know, 20 years from now or so I might pick it up.

So glad to not be a book reader.  I remain undisappointed.

undisappointed maybe, but you're missing out on a hell of a story by just reading cliff notes

I will read the books once HBO completes their run of the story.  I'd never heard of GRRM before GoT was on the air and I don't want to spoil my Sunday night entertainment for the next couple of years.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I will read the books once HBO completes their run of the story.  I'd never heard of GRRM before GoT was on the air and I don't want to spoil my Sunday night entertainment for the next couple of years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, this season is quickly going into Aliens 3 territory.  I may have to simply forget that anything after Season 4 took place and pray that GRRM doesn't fuck up the books as bad.    

I hate what they've done with the sparrow's in the show.  I loved everything the sparrows and faith militant did in the books, even if it was a bit extreme, because it surprised and screwed Cersei.  I'm sure it will eventually turn on her, but they've been nothing but Cersei's lunatic catspaw in the show.  

I was telling my wife that there wasn't one "untainted" storyline last night in the show....I think that's a first.  Most of them were completely off track from anything that happened in the books.  I really did not enjoy last night's episode, and unfortunately I only see it getting worse.  If it wasn't for my wife being into it, I think I would stop watching the show altogether until the completion of the book series.  So you know, 20 years from now or so I might pick it up.

So glad to not be a book reader.  I remain undisappointed.

Season 4 has veered so far off from the books that its almost impossible for anything to be spoiled

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Cue the surreptitiously recorded youtube videos of book readers freaking the fuck out when they see what happens every week.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#25]
There is a scene in the season preview where Missendai is kissing him, to me he looks dead in that scene.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There is a scene in the season preview where Missendai is kissing him, to me he looks dead in that scene.

http://i.imgur.com/WTOEKJ4.jpg
View Quote

Hmm. Shouldn't he have creepy rocks on his eyes?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I just watched that again. (The season preview).

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a 7 gods thing, I believe, not a Esteros (or Old Gods) thing...
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
That is part of the Seven I believe.  I don't know if the Old Gods follow that custom.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not Westerosi.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Essos
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

After they needlessly fucked up one of the most important conversations between two major characters in the entire series in 4x10 nothing they do at this point would surprise me.

It's one thing when you have to come up with something on your own and it's shit.  It's another thing entirely when someone hands you gold and you turn it into shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they are wrong about a lot of that stuff, but I can see D & D doing it all.

Yep, those stupid mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm starting to think South Park got it right when they said that all Game of Thrones boils down to is a show about flopping wieners in a fantasy setting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know the book does mention that. Hell, they even said it in the show back in Season 3 that they were trained with a xiphos/gladius type weapon. So why in the blue fuck are they using spears in a CQB situation?
D&D are big picture people.  They are more worried about key details like cocks, sucking cocks, fucking cocks, cocks in whorehouses, people being persecuted for cocks, etc.    

I'm starting to think South Park got it right when they said that all Game of Thrones boils down to is a show about flopping wieners in a fantasy setting.

No that would be Spartacus...
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I listen to a GOT podcast, they keep calling it Easter-os.

It's Essos people.

What could "kill the boy" mean in the next episode? Which boy?

The only prominent boys on the show are... Tommen, Rickon, Bran... I got nothing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Arya?  She is often mistaken for a boy.  Plus I would guess that the assassin business is somewhat dodgy.  

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's Essos people.

The only prominent boys on the show are... Tommen, Rickon, Bran... I got nothing.
View Quote

If you really want to know.

Click To View Spoiler

Of course that's just what it was in the books.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Arya?  She is often mistaken for a boy.  Plus I would guess that the assassin business is somewhat dodgy.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you read the books.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have. I just didn't remember that quote. There are a few pages in there.
So it's about JS and his relation to "King" Stannis the mannis maybe. IDK.

I have a feeling we are in store for something pretty big this episode.
The way they write the show, it seems like every season each arc comes to some sort of conclusion in ep 8, 9, and 10. So I'm trying to figure out the "endgame" for each arc this season.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The way they write the show, it seems like every season each arc comes to some sort of conclusion in ep 8, 9, and 10. So I'm trying to figure out the "endgame" for each arc this season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's Essos people.

View Quote

maester aemon's words to jon..."kill the boy and let the man be born."  he needs to let go of his attachments and friendships he formed as a recruit and be willing to use people like pieces on a chessboard, even if he has to send them off to their deaths.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#41]
In on page 28!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's Essos people.

Click To View Spoiler

That is what I think too.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#43]
This season is disappointing me

Worst part is, I feel like it will only get worse since at some point soon they're going to be making shit up on the fly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

This season is disappointing me

Worst part is, I feel like it will only get worse since at some point soon they're going to be making shit up on the fly.

View Quote

It sounds like by the end of this season they will have covered everything the books have, barring the training Bran recieves from the Three Eyed Raven.  

So next year will be brand new territory all around.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Question for the book readers:

Would you have a problem with this season if you hadn't already read the books?  I haven't read them and I am enjoying this season as much as the previous ones.  I'll go back and read the books when (if) the fat man finishes them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Would you have a problem with this season if you hadn't already read the books?  I haven't read them and I am enjoying this season as much as the previous ones.  I'll go back and read the books when (if) the fat man finishes them.
View Quote

yes and no.  some of it was fat or misdirection that could be cut without making a difference.  other parts are a fundamental change and a massive rewrite from the story as we know it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
yes and no.  some of it was fat or misdirection that could be cut without making a difference.  other parts are a fundamental change and a massive rewrite from the story as we know it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  In addition, some of the changes just flat make no sense given the motives of the characters.  Why does Cersei send Tommen into a confrontation with the Faith Militant?  Cersei is all about protecting her children.  It is her one redeeming feature, that and her cheekbones.  And Littlefinger's alliance with the Boltons makes less sense now that he admits he is betting on Stannis.  Why not keep Sansa and let Stannis and Roose fight it out?  Then if Stannis wins be the one to present Sansa as a peace offering.  If Roose wins offer her then, or find a better match.  How did Littlefinger know that Roose would not chop Sansa's head off the second she walked through the gate?  After all, you can't rally behind a Stark if there are no more Starks.  Littlefinger's plan in the books makes much more sense for a character established as a skilled player of the Game of Thrones.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope. If I had never read the books I'd think this was a pretty sweet show.

I do try and keep them separate in my head though, and I don't hold it against them that everything isn't exactly like the books. There's no way it could be honestly. It's a cool show that my husband will actually watch with me so it's all plusses as far as I can see.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Agreed.  In addition, some of the changes just flat make no sense given the motives of the characters.  Why does Cersei send Tommen into a confrontation with the Faith Militant?  Cersei is all about protecting her children.  It is her one redeeming feature, that and her cheekbones.  And Littlefinger's alliance with the Boltons makes less sense now that he admits he is betting on Stannis.  Why not keep Sansa and let Stannis and Roose fight it out?  Then if Stannis wins be the one to present Sansa as a peace offering.  If Roose wins offer her then, or find a better match.  How did Littlefinger know that Roose would not chop Sansa's head off the second she walked through the gate?  After all, you can't rally behind a Stark if there are no more Starks.  Littlefinger's plan in the books makes much more sense for a character established as a skilled player of the Game of Thrones.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Littlefinger in the books was also seen as a nice guy with no ambition and regarded as trustworthy by most of the other characters. It isn't even obvious to the book readers what he wants.

Littlefinger in the show is radically different. Obviously slithering around like a snake, and his motives are clear to just about everyone.
Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top