Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 158
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not necessarily.  Those are definitely the two heavy favorites in the books, but there's no guarantee that either will be alive, well, and ruling as of the last page of the last book.  I wouldn't be extremely shocked if the last battle was a Pyrrhic victory against the Others with one of them dying as a result.

View Quote

I've always leaned this direction as well.

Westeros wins the Second War of the Dawn, but is fucked up so badly that the Dothraki version of Genghis Khan will just waltz up to them and say "I'll help you all rebuild if you agree to submit to my authority." to which they will happily agree.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Just finished season 5.

It was disappointing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Emilia's their golden girl...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All I wanna know is when they're gonna make Khaleesi Eyebrows go away and get someone who will at least show their tits when it's required.

Personally I don't know why you guys hate on her so much. She's pretty hot.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Westeros wins the Second War of the Dawn, but is fucked up so badly that the Dothraki version of Genghis Khan will just waltz up to them and say "I'll help you all rebuild if you agree to submit to my authority." to which they will happily agree.
View Quote
Never happen.  Westeros has Hot Pie.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
Originally she stood in the way of their one true love - Stannis.  Now they just want to watch the world burn freeze.  

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just finished season 5.

It was disappointing.
View Quote

I don't plan on getting HBO to watch 6, may Netflix it at some point but am not excited about this shit anymore.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All I wanna know is when they're gonna make Khaleesi Eyebrows go away and get someone who will at least show their tits when it's required.

Rose Leslie, Sophie Turner, Natalie Dormer, Sibel Kekilli, and Carice van Houten are all hotter.

And they can all portray other emotions other than "regal indifference."
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Rose, Carice and Sophie I will give you, but I am biased toward redheads.

Natalie CAN be pretty hot at times but in alot of pictures she kind of looks like a mouse she reminds me of Taylor Swift in that.

Really none of the other GoT girls do anything for me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not necessarily.  Those are definitely the two heavy favorites in the books, but there's no guarantee that either will be alive, well, and ruling as of the last page of the last book.  I wouldn't be extremely shocked if the last battle was a Pyrrhic victory against the Others with one of them dying as a result.

except we killed off the dothraki genghis khan in the first book
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed.  i don't expect her to be an oscar winner or a centerfold. her delivery's a bit wooden at times, kinda like natalie portman's queen amidala, but she could be much worse and much uglier.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:12:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Rose Leslie, Sophie Turner, Natalie Dormer, Sibel Kekilli, and Carice van Houten are all hotter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

rose leslie and natalie dormer make my pants tight....as does emilia
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:48:27 AM EDT
[#12]
She looks fine, but she's a boring character in a tedious plot line.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:55:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meh, I am fairly confident that the books will end something like that.  Now, HBO, you never know.  Everyone may get ass-raped by Others while Ramsey Bolton fapps in a cage.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I am fairly confident that the books will end something like that.  Now, HBO, you never know.  Everyone may get ass-raped by Others while Ramsey Bolton fapps in a cage.  

It is certainly likely, but it's not a five star lock guarantee or anything.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:58:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just finished season 5.

It was disappointing.
View Quote

And yet it set a record for most EMMY wins at 12 including best drama, best directing, and best writing.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if any character on a tv show is played by an attractive actress you're supposed to like the character no matter what?

Besides, if being "hot" is the only requirement then they should just pick some random hot chick to play Daenerys and save $2.95M a season and use it on SFX.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:11:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

So if any character on a tv show is played by an attractive actress you're supposed to like the character no matter what?

Besides, if being "hot" is the only requirement then they should just pick some random hot chick to play Daenerys and save $2.95M a season and use it on SFX.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was more referring to the posts I keep seeing about how she isn't even the most attractive character in her own storyline. If we're talking about Daenerys the character then I would agree she is is an entitled, whiny and indecisiveness little princess and her whole operation Ghiscari freedom storyline blows pretty hard.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Natalie CAN be pretty hot at times but in alot of pictures she kind of looks like a mouse she reminds me of Taylor Swift in that.

View Quote

Yeah, if you can't find more than 5 women in THIS THREAD that "do anything for you" I have some bad news for you:

Or at least "bisexual called."
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:15:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I was more referring to the posts I keep seeing about how she isn't even the most attractive character in her own storyline. If we're talking about Daenerys the character then I would agree she is is an entitled, whiny and indecisiveness little princess and her whole operation Ghiscari freedom storyline blows pretty hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's arguable now.

S1 and S2 she definitely wasn't, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:21:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yeah, if you can't find more than 5 women in THIS THREAD that "do anything for you" I have some bad news for you:

http://spartansgym.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gay-called-demotivational-poster.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://spartansgym.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/gay-called-demotivational-poster.jpg

Well I always did find him rather comely  

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:23:17 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I always did find him rather comely  

http://38.media.tumblr.com/aa6bfc33438e3fd5738e05b2bac81b77/tumblr_inline_nmeysvbfer1qk9kz3_500.gif

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 4:53:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but she's annoying as fuck.  ever have that moment when you realize that the hottie you've been banging--and who you just introduced to your friends at a party--is really a dunce who grates on your nerves?

yeah--she's kinda like that.  i like the character, but the actress makes me want to come up with an excuse to leave the party early.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 4:54:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

but she's annoying as fuck.  ever have that moment when you realize that the hottie you've been banging--and who you just introduced to your friends at a party--is really a dunce who grates on your nerves?

yeah--she's kinda like that.  i like the character, but the actress makes me want to come up with an excuse to leave the party early.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get kinda sick of her SJW type attitude, yet crucified plenty of people.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She can't act.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

She can't act.
View Quote

She could probably blend in on a CW show, but on a show with so many great actors she really stands out and not in a good way.  Never was this more apparent than her scenes with Peter Dinklage last season.  Her "I am terrible" had the delivery of a 2nd grader giving a book report.

Despite never having acted in anything in her life and having many one on one scenes with Sean Bean, 12-13 year old Maisie Williams has been acting circles around her since S1.

In that one minute S5 scene where she had to give up Needle, Maisie showed more range without saying a single word than Emilia has shown in five seasons.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#25]
It's a shitty character portrayed by a shitty actress.

She's annoying as hell in the books, too. Some interesting things revolve around her, but those have mostly been left out of the show.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It's a shitty character portrayed by a shitty actress.

She's annoying as hell in the books, too. Some interesting things revolve around her, but those have mostly been left out of the show.

View Quote
GRRM is showing her learn to rule.  Learning is mostly fucking up a bunch of times until you get it right.  So that appeals to some but not all.  Her arc certainly isn't as exciting as some, but then again she does have the greatest "fuck you" moment in the series so far, so I love her.

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#27]
She also has the second greatest "fuck you" moment in the show.  She's basically the SEC of badass, occupying all the top slots.  

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Those were great scenes, but neither can top this:

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

https://youtu.be/ZnxvUuSzbMI

View Quote
Ramsey?  Ramsey Bolton is that you?

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
She also has the second greatest "fuck you" moment in the show.  She's basically the SEC of badass, occupying all the top slots.  

http://youtu.be/MdkqiOpiRRA

View Quote

You do realize that if a Stark made even half the same mistakes as Dany does, they end up with their heads on a pike?
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, come on. You know it's true.  

Astapor and Daznak's Pit, while great, didn't even come close to the scope of the Red Wedding.  It was arguably the biggest non-series finale episode in TV history.
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You do realize that if a Stark made even half the same mistakes as Dany does, they end up with their heads on a pike?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the adult Starks at least.  The kids seem to have a wider margin for error.

Since happycynic brought up the SEC analogy: Daenerys is the Les Miles of 'Game of Thrones.'
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:19:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

meh--dany didn't break her oath to get laid.  she didn't rat out her dad and get him executed, either.  speaking of ned, dany didn't spill the beans to cersei instead of keeping her mouth shut and getting her family back north.

i fully anticipate that the micro-starks beyond the wall will start making stupid mistakes as soon as they sprout enough hair on their balls.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 4:23:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Bran ain't going to be doing shit as a Stark anymore, and Rickon? He is probably going to be a cold, hard man after all the shit he has seen and been through.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bran ain't going to be doing shit as a Stark anymore, and Rickon? He is probably going to be a cold, hard man after all the shit he has seen and been through.
View Quote

Cregan Stark. Pure. Fucking. Badass.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'm expecting something like Ice Eyes from the story about the wolf's den with a few odd dashes of unicorn worshipping cannibal that even makes ramsay a little queasy
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

i'm expecting something like Ice Eyes from the story about the wolf's den with a few odd dashes of unicorn worshipping cannibal that even makes ramsay a little queasy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The old Starks did not fuck around.

Oh, and in before Diesel.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Arya will be a force to be reckoned with, assuming she remains a Stark.

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

i think there's a very good chance she might wind up a baratheon.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All aboard the SS Gendarya!

Seriously, though. The Gendry/Arya "shippers" are only half as bad as those who want Sansa to pair up with their 35-45 year old male of choice. (Usually either the Hound or Tyrion)
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

aye
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Seriously, though. The Gendry/Arya "shippers" are only half as bad as those who want Sansa to pair up with their 35-45 year old male of choice. (Usually either the Hound or Tyrion)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

there's a certain symmetry to it:  vacant princess learns that all that glitters is not gold and ugly bastards can make good knights
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

makes sense WRT the families--arya is the starkiest stark, and gendry is just like his dad.  griff was a possibility (especially given her dragon fascination), but no longer.

the sansa stuff...yeah...creepy.  unless it's me.  then a 40something would be fine.  dignified even.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

there's a certain symmetry to it:  vacant princess learns that all that glitters is not gold and ugly bastards can make good knights
View Quote

I understand the "Beauty and the Beast" aspect of it.

My problem with the SanSan stuff is that the fanfiction writers treat the Hound as some inherently broken thing that she must fix.

His role in the story, however, is more or less a reflection of whom Arya will become; a vengeful, Bill Muny-type antihero angry at the world and really not giving a damn about whom they kill.
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My problem with the SanSan stuff is that the fanfiction writers treat the Hound as some inherently broken thing that she must fix.

His role in the story, however, is more or less a reflection of whom Arya will become; a vengeful, Bill Muny-type antihero angry at the world and really not giving a damn about whom they kill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's who he's been until now, and remember, the main person he wants to kill is gregor.  but that's part of the whole "Hound is dead, but Sandor lives on" storyline...angry, faithless, lannister sponsored brigand dies with the Hound persona.  Sandor will find his inner peace on the Quiet Isle and put down his sword.  his impetus to pick it up again will either be to rescue sansa or become the paladin to combat the terrible unnatural monster Click To View Spoiler or a mix of both, since she still stands accused of being part of joffrey's murder.  joffrey's dog will become her champion.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#47]
If it's alright with the mods, I would like to go ahead and start the Official Game of Thrones Season 6 thread.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 11:38:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If it's alright with the mods, I would like to go ahead and start the Official Game of Thrones Season 6 thread.
View Quote

Considering we still have 4 1/2 months to go and there's not even an official start date yet I think it might be a bit early.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do ETTT!

Spoiler - Sam ends up on the Iron Throne!
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
that's who he's been until now, and remember, the main person he wants to kill is gregor.  but that's part of the whole "Hound is dead, but Sandor lives on" storyline...angry, faithless, lannister sponsored brigand dies with the Hound persona.  Sandor will find his inner peace on the Quiet Isle and put down his sword.  his impetus to pick it up again will either be to rescue sansa or become the paladin to combat the terrible unnatural monster Click To View Spoiler or a mix of both, since she still stands accused of being part of joffrey's murder.  joffrey's dog will become her champion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If Sansa somehow ends up on trial for Joffery's murder and demands trial by combat, you know the Lannisters are going to put forth Ser Robert Strong as their champion. Having Sandor Clegane show up just in time to be Sansa's champion would certainly make for good television.

Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top