even though she will be a "Terror".
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Ragnara, Destroyer of Worlds
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Similar story with my parents. They got a male cat from the pound. They hugged him and squeezed him and called him George. Took George to get neutered and they were told he's a she. She's still George though. Good luck with the kitty OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"She?"  Orange females ain't all that common.

As for lion, what about Nittany?

Her anal region seems to suggest she's a she, though I'm no expert, so maybe she's a he.

Our own little Nittany, when found hissing at us under the missus' car, possessed markings on his backside which appeared to be the developing testicles of a young male kitty.  Once the taming process was complete, a cursory viewing of the area by our vet caused him to agree that Nittany was a boy kitty.  After a while, as he got older, and we were waiting for further development of the region prior to neutering, he began acting weird, making like he was going to spray, yowling all the time, basically acting like he was a female and going through first heat.  So we decided to go ahead and get the neutering done a bit early due to the spraying concerns.

Took him in, dropped him off, then got a call from the doc about 15 minutes later rather sheepishly advising us that the behavior we had witnessed had, in fact, been a first heat, and that the procedure was going to be a spay, not a neuter.  The things we took for developing balls?  Just weird markings.  Derp by us all, it appeared.  

Similar story with my parents. They got a male cat from the pound. They hugged him and squeezed him and called him George. Took George to get neutered and they were told he's a she. She's still George though. Good luck with the kitty OP.

Friends when I was in high school took a stray home and named him Sam.  After first vet visit the name changed to Samantha.  After second vet visit the name changed to Sam Spayed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm disappointed people either didn't get my reference or didn't like it.  

Snoop as in Snoop Lion.

" />
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Good on you OP.

And BTW... not sure if it's been mentioned or not but this kitteh should be named "Jasmine"... just like the rescued lion from the movie Second Hand Lions (one of my top five favorite movies of all time) .
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Worthless.  All cats should be named "Worthless".

This is mine:

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
A cat that small doesn't need a name, it needs hydration and nutrition.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I like Nala.

Also, your girl needs to repaint her damn nails.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Same thing I name all cats. Scumbag.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Lion-O
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
A cat that small should be named Itty Bit
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Muhfassa Marie Cantaloupe McKinley

Always wanted a cat with that name.

Good on you for the rescue, too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]
stabmasterarson
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Orangina.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Christian the Lion.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Leeuwyfie (Afrikaans for lioness)  (my second favorite)

Waukazi (Chichewa for Llioness)

Uman (Igbo for lioness)

Libaax (Somali for Llioness)

Shumba hadzi (Shona for lioness)

Singa bikang (Sudanese for lioness)

Kiniun (Yoruba for lioness)  (my favorite)

Esisikazi  (Zulu for lioness)
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Mini lion kitty name- simba of course
View Quote

Simba was of course what immediately came to mind, as well.

And what an adorable little thing she is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Definitely.  Hands are not toys.  People are not toys.  Play stops when kitten forgets.

There is no more powerful motivator for a cat or a kitten than ignoring them when they do wrong.  Handle that little bugger as much as possible though.  Get her used to being flipped over upside down and having her paws played with.  Hold her until she falls asleep.  You can get stuff trained into a kitten in a week or two that would take a grown cat months or years if ever.  My Chairman Bubbacat monster was a skittish little bugger with a case of the runt syndrome when we got him, he was scared of everything.  Now he's my constant shadow and loves the love.  All that happened in the first month we had him.  He's like a little teddy bear that occasionally goes out to disembowel something.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Simba of course. Word of advice. DO NOT play with her with your hand, allowing her to bite your hand. Use a toy, string whatever. Mama would have helped teach her manners, and that is gone now. If you teach her to rip shit on humans she will be a nightmare.

Definitely.  Hands are not toys.  People are not toys.  Play stops when kitten forgets.

There is no more powerful motivator for a cat or a kitten than ignoring them when they do wrong.  Handle that little bugger as much as possible though.  Get her used to being flipped over upside down and having her paws played with.  Hold her until she falls asleep.  You can get stuff trained into a kitten in a week or two that would take a grown cat months or years if ever.  My Chairman Bubbacat monster was a skittish little bugger with a case of the runt syndrome when we got him, he was scared of everything.  Now he's my constant shadow and loves the love.  All that happened in the first month we had him.  He's like a little teddy bear that occasionally goes out to disembowel something.  

Our cat (Ribbon) will allow me to pick her up on her back and hold her like a baby, while I rub her belly, etc. And that's because I started doing it when she was just a kitten. She's very friendly to all who would love her up, but I'm the only one allowed to do things like that because I taught her to trust me fully from the get-go. My wife sometimes calls me "Doctor Doolittle" because I'm able to get most animals to trust me fairly quickly. Except for my coworkers chihuahua, who is just a total little asshole (my dad's chihuahua is similarly disposed).
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Tacos?  As in taco meat?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Isis - for she will grow to be the goddess in your world. (Or at least think she is.)
Cheetara
Pumyra
Wilykit
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:35:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Same thing I name all cats. Scumbag.
View Quote

The ________ can always be counted on to crawl out from under their rocks in the cat threads.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Diojee  - pronounced Dee Oh Gee  (say it out loud slowly)
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Female name: Trouble
Male name: Ted Cruz

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Diojee  - pronounced Dee Oh Gee  (say it out loud slowly)
View Quote

Kitty Purry then.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Lion Ted
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My wife sometimes calls me "Doctor Doolittle" because I'm able to get most animals to trust me fairly quickly. Except for my coworkers chihuahua, who is just a total little asshole (my dad's chihuahua is similarly disposed).
View Quote

I'm "the cat whisperer" according to my wife.  

Haven't had a scrap of luck with chihuahuas though.  Every other dog breed I'm fine with, chihuahuas always want to take a chunk out of me.  Perhaps they sense my innate disdain for a dog so small and weak that my cat would hunt and kill it for sport.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Leeuwyfie (Afrikaans for lioness)  (my second favorite)

Waukazi (Chichewa for Llioness)

Uman (Igbo for lioness)

Libaax (Somali for Llioness)

Shumba hadzi (Shona for lioness)

Singa bikang (Sudanese for lioness)

Kiniun (Yoruba for lioness)  (my favorite)

Esisikazi  (Zulu for lioness)
View Quote
KiSwahili for lion is- simba, and universally known around Africa for good reason
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#30]
ouch, those needle claws
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#31]

El Bastardo is also a good name.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Haven't had a scrap of luck with chihuahuas though.  Every other dog breed I'm fine with, chihuahuas always want to take a chunk out of me.  Perhaps they sense my innate disdain for a dog so small and weak that my cat would hunt and kill it for sport.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife sometimes calls me "Doctor Doolittle" because I'm able to get most animals to trust me fairly quickly. Except for my coworkers chihuahua, who is just a total little asshole (my dad's chihuahua is similarly disposed).

Hmmmm... must be the case with me too. I don't mind little dogs at all, but so far I certainly haven't had the best of luck with chihuahuas. When I'm walking my akita and some little chi gets all "lippy" I just have to laugh. My neighbor used to have a little Jack Russell that did the same thing, until he and my akita were face to face, and then he'd roll over on his back submissively as her giant shadow got closer to his.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good on you OP.

And BTW... not sure if it's been mentioned or not but this kitteh should be named "Jasmine"... just like the rescued lion from the movie Second Hand Lions (one of my top five favorite movies of all time) .
View Quote

Thank you. You've just named my newest rescue.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:16:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This, the name of the lion from Born Free....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Elsa

This, the name of the lion from Born Free....

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#35]
If you bottle feed it you have a friend for life. If it's going to someone else, they should take it now so it bonds with them instead of you.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mauser
View Quote

My Mauser.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tacos?  As in taco meat?
View Quote

Holy shit ,  are you my liberal sister from Harrisonburg ?
Cause that's the name of her cat growing up, dad said if he shit in the corner again he would make tacos out of him and the name stuck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Fuzz Butt
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
FPNI

However, Batman is a great name for a cat.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good on you OP.

Glad to hear that. The next female kitteh that we rescue will be named that as well. Though I'm sure she'll get called "Jazz" most of the time.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gary Laser Eyes
Shitrock
Purrmonster
Steve French
Sergeant Meowenstein
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Elsa
View Quote

Another Elsa vote.

Or Shredder.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#43]
-Hello-
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Elsa
View Quote

This is what I was going to suggest.  Born Free.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dandi - Dandi-lion
View Quote

I vote this
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#46]
That looks like a "Lucky" cat someone found her.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Elsa
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking, I loved the Born Free book as a kid....
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Tried it.  Too long.  

Even just shortening it to "Chairman" doesn't work.  That's how my Chairman Mao became Bubba.  He wouldn't respond to Chairman, he instantly responded to Bub.

The dim bulb in question:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/winstonsmith7/photo2-small_zpsf95800d5.jpg

And at present, far bigger but not much smarter:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/winstonsmith7/IMG_2282-small_zpsgm3fazhk.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chairman Miao

Tried it.  Too long.  

Even just shortening it to "Chairman" doesn't work.  That's how my Chairman Mao became Bubba.  He wouldn't respond to Chairman, he instantly responded to Bub.

The dim bulb in question:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/winstonsmith7/photo2-small_zpsf95800d5.jpg

And at present, far bigger but not much smarter:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/winstonsmith7/IMG_2282-small_zpsgm3fazhk.jpg

Mr. Meowstache
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Call her OrangeKitty.

View Quote
Or Lemonkitty

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#50]
You could go the Game of Thrones route and do Ser Pounce.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top