BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

cops often laugh at people who think they understand everything about a situation based on surveillance camera video, and i'm starting to understand why.  you think you have a complete picture of the situation, but you don't have the audio, so you don't know what was going on.  yes, she was being a bitch.  but it's clear that he was shouldering into her, just as much as she was shoving him.  if you can't see this, i'm sorry.  it should be patently obvious to anyone who spends time dealing with this stuff.

he might have threatened her, and her raised hand might be in response to that--we don't know.  what we do know is that her pushing him with her ass is not a threat of physical violence in order to instill fear, and therefore cannot be assault.  we see her standing her ground, and raising her fist.  in order for this to be assault, it has to be with the intent of instilling fear.  but she's not punching--all of her body language is defensive.  despite this, he shoves in, grabs her, and then punches her when she reacts.

that's what we can see, and it's bad for him.  had he gone to a correct interview stance (for which he was properly positioned), he would have been completely protected, and she would have had the choice between being aggressive or backing down.  instead of being defensive, he got aggressive.  

that's why it's a bad punch. end of story.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

cops often laugh at people who think they understand everything about a situation based on surveillance camera video, and i'm starting to understand why.  you think you have a complete picture of the situation, but you don't have the audio, so you don't know what was going on.

You're absolutely correct.  I'm passing judgment based on the available information which includes a lack of audio  -- EXACTLY AS YOU ARE DOING.  If audio comes out that adds additional information perhaps my opinion will change.  

yes, she was being a bitch.  but it's clear that he was shouldering into her, just as much as she was shoving him.  if you can't see this, i'm sorry.  it should be patently obvious to anyone who spends time dealing with this stuff.

Well clearly you don't spend time dealing with this stuff.  He doesn't appear to give a fuck about her and is simply trying to take an open spot in a crowded environment.

he might have threatened her, and her raised hand might be in response to that--we don't know.

You're right.  We don't.  However, based on the body language of both parties I highly doubt it.

what we do know is that her pushing him with her ass is not a threat of physical violence in order to instill fear,

No it's not.  ...but the arm across his chest and the raised right fist are.  On one hand you claim to not have the audio information;  but than are totally ignorant to the information that is available.  

and therefore cannot be assault.  we see her standing her ground, and raising her fist.  in order for this to be assault, it has to be with the intent of instilling fear.  but she's not punching--all of her body language is defensive.  despite this, he shoves in, grabs her, and then punches her when she reacts.

She's pushing against his chest with her arm and has a raised fist.  She isn't entitled to the entire bar area.  

that's what we can see, and it's bad for him.  had he gone to a correct interview stance (for which he was properly positioned), he would have been completely protected, and she would have had the choice between being aggressive or backing down.  instead of being defensive, he got aggressive.  

you sure do like your mental gymnastics

Are you done fabricating stuff?  Thank God.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cops often laugh at people who think they understand everything about a situation based on surveillance camera video, and i'm starting to understand why.  you think you have a complete picture of the situation, but you don't have the audio, so you don't know what was going on.

You're absolutely correct.  I'm passing judgment based on the available information which includes a lack of audio  -- EXACTLY AS YOU ARE DOING.  If audio comes out that adds additional information perhaps my opinion will change.  

yes, she was being a bitch.  but it's clear that he was shouldering into her, just as much as she was shoving him.  if you can't see this, i'm sorry.  it should be patently obvious to anyone who spends time dealing with this stuff.

Well clearly you don't spend time dealing with this stuff.  He doesn't appear to give a fuck about her and is simply trying to take an open spot in a crowded environment.

he might have threatened her, and her raised hand might be in response to that--we don't know.

You're right.  We don't.  However, based on the body language of both parties I highly doubt it.

what we do know is that her pushing him with her ass is not a threat of physical violence in order to instill fear,

No it's not.  ...but the arm across his chest and the raised right fist are.  On one hand you claim to not have the audio information;  but than are totally ignorant to the information that is available.  

and therefore cannot be assault.  we see her standing her ground, and raising her fist.  in order for this to be assault, it has to be with the intent of instilling fear.  but she's not punching--all of her body language is defensive.  despite this, he shoves in, grabs her, and then punches her when she reacts.

She's pushing against his chest with her arm and has a raised fist.  She isn't entitled to the entire bar area.  

you sure do like your mental gymnastics

Are you done fabricating stuff?  Thank God.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
This is how white people order drinks from a bar, notice how happy everyone is.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well clearly you don't spend time dealing with this stuff.  
View Quote

well...i know a guy who owns a bar and all...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool.  My best friend owns the largest nightclub in my city which is always at least as crowded as the place in this video and I bartended for years.  If there was an altercation every time people squeezed past each other the place would have been shut down.

If this had been a dude instead of a female your opinion would be the opposite.  You clearly give a p***y pass to violent, obese women that many of us do not.  I reserve that pass for fit, feminine women -- commonly referred to as "ladies."
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://www.marylandbartending.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ordering-a-drink.jpg

View Quote

I dunno;  the chick in the middle looks like she's about to start squeezing in
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He wasn't pushing into her for 12 seconds.  I just watched the video again.  Please stop fabricating stuff.

...and yes -- I'm maintaining that if someone is squished between me and someone else at a crowded bar trying to get to an open spot I'm not going to start an altercation.  My best friend owns a popular night club and it's happened 1000x already so I know exactly how I'd respond.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I see his arm now. Are you still maintaining there was no reason for her to tell him to get the hell off of her after being smooshed into the bar for 12 seconds?  

He wasn't pushing into her for 12 seconds.  I just watched the video again.  Please stop fabricating stuff.

...and yes -- I'm maintaining that if someone is squished between me and someone else at a crowded bar trying to get to an open spot I'm not going to start an altercation.  My best friend owns a popular night club and it's happened 1000x already so I know exactly how I'd respond.

I`m not fabricating anything. How long was your count? If you`re pressing yourself against a woman in a bar, and she gets pissed, cocks her fist and tells you to step off, you...

A. Sorry about that, it`s really crowded in here.

B. Grab onto her and shove her.

One of these might escalate the situation.

Before you accuse me of fabrication again, I`ll concede that she was yelling out her phone number to him, instead of what I have speculated she was saying.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I`m not fabricating anything. How long was your count? If you`re pressing yourself against a woman in a bar, and she gets pissed, cocks her fist and tells you to step off, you...

Intent matters.  He's trying to get through to the open spot which she can clearly see is there;  not intentionally press himself against her.  

So when people directly threaten you that are half your size you respond by acting beta?  

You forgot  (or more likely intentionally left out because it doesn't fit the narrative you're trying to invent) that she was already pushing him with her left arm.

Again.  She's already threatening him with her fist and pushing him with her left arm prior to him grabbing her right wrist.

Before you accuse me of fabrication again, I`ll concede that she was yelling out her phone number to him, instead of what I have speculated she was saying.  
 Making up more nonsense doesn't make your original nonsense any more accurate.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see his arm now. Are you still maintaining there was no reason for her to tell him to get the hell off of her after being smooshed into the bar for 12 seconds?  

Intent matters.  He's trying to get through to the open spot which she can clearly see is there;  not intentionally press himself against her.  

So when people directly threaten you that are half your size you respond by acting beta?  

You forgot  (or more likely intentionally left out because it doesn't fit the narrative you're trying to invent) that she was already pushing him with her left arm.

Again.  She's already threatening him with her fist and pushing him with her left arm prior to him grabbing her right wrist.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Intent matters.  He's trying to get through to the open spot;  not intentionally press himself against her.  

Oh shit, you pulled the beta card on me? That does it! I`m going to go push up on some strange women in public to redeem myself. I suspect some of the these women will get defensive, and, well, I gotta alpha up and knock a bitch out at that point. I`m not sure the Deputies are going feel me on the whole alpha explanation, so can I call you for bail money?
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I bartended for years.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bartended for years.  

that's adorable.  go show the video to your friend who knows what he's doing, and he's going to tell you the same thing i'm about to tell you.

both of them are banned from that bar.  she was being a bitch, which doesn't fly in the business, and he punched a girl, which absolutely doesn't fly in the business.  it was run of the mill crowd scrum until the guy grabbed her.  had he not grabbed her, she probably would have been tossed for being pushy.  had she actually swung, he would be sipping a comped drink and the manager would probably be asking if he wanted to file charges.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

that's adorable.  go show the video to your friend who knows what he's doing, and he's going to tell you the same thing i'm about to tell you.

both of them are banned from that bar.  she was being a bitch, which doesn't fly in the business, and he punched a girl, which absolutely doesn't fly in the business.  it was run of the mill crowd scrum until the guy grabbed her.  had he not grabbed her, she probably would have been tossed for being pushy.  had she actually swung, he would be sipping a comped drink and the manager would probably be asking if he wanted to file charges.
View Quote

Na.  Depends on if he likes the guy or not and they don't do videotape on the inside so that when a customer gets out of line there is no lawsuit against the business or against the bouncers.  Military veterans and multiple witnesses tend to get the benefit of the doubt with their testimony over drunks.

You really think club owners/managers provide counseling to customers where they encourage them to contact the police?  

Go to a nightclub with this attitude that you're going to fight everyone who bumps into you.  Please post some pictures of your face when you return.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tell it to the judge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He grabbed her before she punched him. Bad punch, he escalated the situation.

Yup

Can't grab a woman like that, she was defending herself

Should read the professional opinion just above of the well regarded member of this site who also happens to be a Florida LEO.  He even cites specific law.

Tell it to the judge.

He probably will, and many judges would dismiss this.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This wasn't an arrest at the bar.

The state's attorney had the arrest warrant issued after reviewing the video, so the state believes there's a case.  How often does the state roll over after issuing warrants in this manner?
View Quote

Are you familiar with Willie Meggs? Very well known for over-charging and then losing at trial.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Are you familiar with Willie Meggs? Very well known for over-charging and then losing at trial.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The state's attorney had the arrest warrant issued after reviewing the video, so the state believes there's a case.  How often does the state roll over after issuing warrants in this manner?

Or undercharging, depending on your depth chart position.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#15]
While she was clearly being a bitch, once he grabbed her he owned it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Prefacing that I have no respect at all for football, football players, or sports celebrities of any type and kind.  

Only a ghetto animal, completely out of control responds that way.  

I laugh to think of all the grown men who worship this shitbag, and others like him.  Walk around like pathetic asshats with his name on their back.  

And watch what the NFL does about it.   Vick, Rice...   The funniest part is that people think NFL football is actually real, and are willing to keep paying for it all.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, Willy Mgigs has never been accused of granting any favors to FSU football players. TPD, yes. Willy Meggs, not a chance. Look up his prosecution of Travis Johnson for an example.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's Florida State?   What's a QB?   Why should I care?

Football is and always will be a childs game.
View Quote

That's nice honey.

Go edgelord somewhere else, men are talking.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Often enough when it looks like bad PR would come their way if they didn't.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

http://www.marylandbartending.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ordering-a-drink.jpg

View Quote
It's easier to order when it's not so dark in the bar.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Worked at a bouncer at a number of bars years back... Not excusing his punch, but I can't tell you how many drunk self important cunts will go straight to violence when they feel slighted, relying on the old I'm just a girl, no one will hit me back mentality. Can't say Id deck one, but I'm not heartbroken to see it happen occasionally.
View Quote

+1...yet somehow feminists never address that in their quest for equality

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#31]
He punches like a girl!
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#34]
If you would hit a woman in a similar situation as the video in the OP. You're a cowardly son-of-a-bitch.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#35]
She punched and kicked him first. Very clear in the video. Good punch by the guy. You start shit and you deserve equal payback, man or woman. You want equal rights? Ok then, that was equal rights and a fair punch. Bitches do that shit all the time thinking they are free to do as they wish. Glad that guy had the balls to do what I wouldn't be able to do.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So you think it is acceptable for the woman to raise her hand in order to strike him when he has shown no aggression?
View Quote

To strike him, LOL.  That was pure posture.  I don't find it "acceptable" I would have moved away from her and let bitches be bitches.  That's a "back the fuck off" gesture, not the beginning of a punch. But some men are scared of shit that won't hurt them, so I guess they overreact and escalate unnecessarily.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Its go time when someone raises their fist at me. I don't intend to get hit and let someone try to put me down or take the weapon I carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes but if a guy were to bury his left forearm into your chest and raise his right hand into a fist would you just sit there expecting he wants to have a discussion or expect to be punched? I see it as him trying to not get hit. I think he will beat this charge. For the record, i have been slapped by a female at a bar and never struck back, its not something i would do.

I'm not going to reach out and grab his arm, if you want to telegraph your punch I'm ok with that. It won't turn out as you expected.  I see her actions as body language making it clear to him to back the fuck off, instead he grabs her, that's go time in every language.

Its go time when someone raises their fist at me. I don't intend to get hit and let someone try to put me down or take the weapon I carry.

You said it, you're afraid of girls.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Worked at a bouncer at a number of bars years back... Not excusing his punch, but I can't tell you how many drunk self important cunts will go straight to violence when they feel slighted, relying on the old I'm just a girl, no one will hit me back mentality. Can't say Id deck one, but I'm not heartbroken to see it happen occasionally.
View Quote

I goddamn sure will.
Someone hits me and I intend to double the measure right back.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Pure posture of her starting a physical altercation. He was trying to get past her to a clear open spot at a bar. She was blocking him and he kept on pushing past her. She turned and put her forearm into his chest and raised a fist at him when he had shown no aggression towards her at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you think it is acceptable for the woman to raise her hand in order to strike him when he has shown no aggression?

To strike him, LOL.  That was pure posture.  I don't find it "acceptable" I would have moved away from her and let bitches be bitches.  That's a "back the fuck off" gesture, not the beginning of a punch. But some men are scared of shit that won't hurt them, so I guess they overreact and escalate unnecessarily.

Pure posture of her starting a physical altercation. He was trying to get past her to a clear open spot at a bar. She was blocking him and he kept on pushing past her. She turned and put her forearm into his chest and raised a fist at him when he had shown no aggression towards her at all.

If you re watch it there was also a possible knee to the groin as well.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Prefacing that I have no respect at all for football, football players, or sports celebrities of any type and kind.  

Only a ghetto animal, completely out of control responds that way.  

I laugh to think of all the grown men who worship this shitbag, and others like him.  Walk around like pathetic asshats with his name on their back.  

And watch what the NFL does about it.   Vick, Rice...   The funniest part is that people think NFL football is actually real, and are willing to keep paying for it all.  

View Quote

We get that you are trying to be all edgy and shit but uh, this idiot doesn't play in the NFL. He used to play for Florida State University, who dismissed him from the team. Therefore, the NFL has jack shit to do with it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right.  That's why she got pissed off.    

It was posturing, telling him to back off.  But if you want to punch out a girl because she raised her "fist" in the girliest position of striking every conceived, be my guest.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am not getting hit by anyone who thinks that they can just posture up and put their hands on me. I don't care if the are a man, a woman, White, Black, Latino, or Asian.

Its pretty clear how many people here have not dealt with violent drunk women.
View Quote

40x, I was raised in Mississippi, violent drunk woman is just another term for date.  

I imagine the wildebeests of the Wisconsin plains may be more intimidating due to the amount of dairy in their diet but still...

Anyway, that girl wasn't a "fighter" she wasn't about to knock anyone the fuck out.  Posturing.  Don't be a pussy bro.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Harsh, but I have to say it's fair.  If you go around hitting people, getting hit back is an obvious possibility, a possibility that a reasonable person should consider.

I'm not going to applaud it or say it was a good thing, but I find myself mustering exactly zero sympathy either.

On looking at the footage again, I'm changing my mind a little.  She might have struck first, but it looks like he put his hands on her first.  In that case, he's a shithead.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:32:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He was defending himself from her forearm elbow push and the clenched fist she had just raised to strike him.
View Quote

That's not how I saw it but meh.

He's a POS and deserves whatever he gets.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:33:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top