Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2017 10:54:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#1]
And the HOA turned it over to its attorneys.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Good!  I hate shabby mailboxes!

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm undecided who is the most retarded......
The HOA trying to steal his home over retarded shit.....
Or the dumbass homeowner who bought a house in a HOA.
Probably the latter.

ETA......In before the "Mah home value" crowd.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I would end up violating the COC.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a law in Florida, from several years ago, that prevents foreclosure over fines.

They can Lein, but cannot forclose.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
That's just straight up bullshit. It's the HOA's fault of not sending the notices to the correct address (or to the correct owner).
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#7]
How does someone who doesnt hold the deed to the property foreclose? What am i missing?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gone into an HOA meeting and just shotgunned the fuck out of their local Nazi party?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck HOAs and fuck people who can't abide by contracts they sign should just about cover every HOA thread.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
It's the 2nd time that particular HOA has tried to fuck someone over by charging insane fines and then foreclosing.  I'm sure being in the news for trying to steal people's homes is great for property values.  I'd be spending some $$$ to get that BOD thrown the fuck out and then foreclose on them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an HOA and I think its fabulous!  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#12]
This is going to cost the other homeowners and the association some $$$ in attorney's fees and possibly damages for wrongful foreclosure.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#13]
HOA isn't going to end up owning his home
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is going to cost the other homeowners and the association some $ in attorney's fees and possibly damages for wrongful foreclosure.
View Quote
Currently paying $300+ a year (over regular dues) for a few years now from some tards on the lake getting into a pissing match with one of the other tards on the lake. $160k+ in attorneys fees later...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gone into an HOA meeting and just shotgunned the fuck out of their local Nazi party?
View Quote

Edit for full disclosure.  I live on acreage outside a VERY small town.  Will never do HOA stuff again.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Once mailbox is installed, I think it becomes usps property.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Can you make paint out of corn?

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Pasco County wins again.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Killdozer time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Your home, their rules.  Fuck that, I'd live in a tent off grid, instead.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#21]
My HOA is awesome and I just got on the board. Youngest one there

Only thing I've done so far is made this guy edge his lawn because the grass was growing all over the gutters and clogging them up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm surprised it doesn't happen more frequently.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had an HOA evict me from a rental once because of my old stationwagon, and another HOA tried to steal it in my sleep. I heard the diesel outside and approached the tow truck driver. Plates were current and the driver said it was a disabled vehicle. I opened the door and started it up and drove it around. I attended the HOA meeting and the most ignorant shit I'd ever heard was coming out of their mouths, referring to "college students" causing all the issues, et cetera. I was making $150,000/yr then and was 23 years old. I just happened to love my 1985 Peugeot 505 stationwagon.

I met the attorney for the FL chapter of the ACLU. He told me their entire operating budget is funded by settlements from HOAs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Allow chipped paint on the mailbox and the next thing you know:

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can you make paint out of corn?

View Quote
Lol

I wonder what would be cheaper, attorney fees or hiring painters to paint every mailbox in the neighborhood?

When I painted my mailbox it took less than ten minutes and like a tenth of the quart of paint.  I let two neighbors use the paint and still had like 3/4 of a quart left.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Can you plant some corn to hide the mailbox?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Currently paying $300+ a year (over regular dues) for a few years now from some tards on the lake getting into a pissing match with one of the other tards on the lake. $160k+ in attorneys fees later...
View Quote
That is what kills me about HOAs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#28]
But we have dick mailboxes in Florida and they made about paint chip...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I'd have to replace my chipped mailbox with one of those Penis shaped mailboxes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Free men who willingly sign over their freedom to a bunch of clowns  make for good threads.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Once mailbox is installed, I think it becomes usps property.
View Quote
Wrong.

It is up to the occupant to maintain the box and the area in front of the box.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not guilty.  HOA is directed to repay homeowner for the cost of shotgun shells.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#33]
There are many ways of revenge on hoa nazis and they will never see it coming.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's just straight up bullshit. It's the HOA's fault of not sending the notices to the correct address (or to the correct owner).
View Quote
They couldn't, there was no paint on the mailbox!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#35]
This reminds me.  I need to go outside and give my transit bus/rv conversion project a big hug.  Maybe start it up and belch thick black clouds of diesel smoke throughout the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have an HOA and I think its fabulous!  
View Quote
Arfcommers are going to track you down for saying commie things like this
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What makes it even more funny is the fact my wife is a licensed HOA manager type and told them a year or two into it they should drop it, but noooo...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:46:40 PM EDT
[#39]
He bought the house in an HOA.  No shits given.  But, he could afford that shiny, never been off asphalt pickup but not afford to paint his mailbox?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#40]
My house would become blight central.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I had an HOA evict me from a rental once because of my old stationwagon, and another HOA tried to steal it in my sleep. I heard the diesel outside and approached the tow truck driver. Plates were current and the driver said it was a disabled vehicle. I opened the door and started it up and drove it around. I attended the HOA meeting and the most ignorant shit I'd ever heard was coming out of their mouths, referring to "college students" causing all the issues, et cetera. I was making $150,000/yr then and was 23 years old. I just happened to love my 1985 Peugeot 505 stationwagon.

I met the attorney for the FL chapter of the ACLU. He told me their entire operating budget is funded by settlements from HOAs.
View Quote
6'4"/245lb/8% body fat and a super model GF, right?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#42]
What is the deal with the $1000 Commercial Vehicle line item on the statement shown in the video?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because $150k is some super high unbelievable income?
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:48:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What is the deal with the $1000 Commercial Vehicle line item on the statement shown in the video?
View Quote
He owns  a truck or van .
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:58:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Thats funny, everybody involved is mentally fubar'd. Maybe someday we'll get a Springer-like show involving HOA disputes, that's where they belong.

Does your HOA board harass you for (insert petty issue here)? Does your nosey neighbors call HOA for parking car 1 1/2" off center in the drive and other imaginary 'issues'? If so, we want to hear about it and get you on the show.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 6:51:58 AM EDT
[#46]
A lot of fucktardery by both sides. Seems like some petty bullshit to go after a homeowner over but people that move into an HOA need to do their homework first. Talk to your neighbors about how the HOA is run. If they tell you it has big problems than you probably need to look elsewhere to live where you can abide by the rules they enforce.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#47]
I currently live in a HOA that loves to selectively enforce its bylaws on people it doesn't like and ignore board members and friends.
I'm sure I will be the subject of a HOA hate thread in the near future.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#48]
If you live in Florida do you even have a choice to be or not to be in an HOA?  Suspect even the trailer parks have them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I currently live in a HOA that loves to selectively enforce its bylaws on people it doesn't like and ignore board members and friends.
I'm sure I will be the subject of a HOA hate thread in the near future.
View Quote
Then you and the other unpopular kids need to get involved, run for office and make the HOA work for you. Mrs. Makarov and myself have been down this road 2X. HOAs get out of control because most members don't want to be bothered with it's administration. With this lack of interest, some dim-witted fucktards with too much time on their hands end up with "power" over their neighbors and another Adolph Stalin sits on the thrown, holding court on the cul-de-sac. Seriously, get involved, network and take control of the situation. Yes, self-rule is a pain in the ass. It is much easier to not be involved and then bitch about the tyranny.

To paraphrase something I once heard; HOAs are a fine servant but a terrible master.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If you live in Florida do you even have a choice to be or not to be in an HOA?  Suspect even the trailer parks have them.
View Quote
After four years of looking for land to build our home in Florida, I can say that most of the places you would want to live have some form of HOA. The places we did find property not covered by an HOA had their own problems. We found a beautiful home, on the water in Port Charlotte. It was priced at exactly HALF the appraised value . Then we flew down to look at the property and discovered that there was an abandoned house two doors down that squatters (likely tweakers) had moved into and another neighbor with storm damage from years before that still had not been repaired (blue tarps everywhere). Then there were the broken down boats and automobiles than lined the potholed street. It was a GREAT house but neighborhood looked like section 8. Why the fuck would I want to come home to that everyday?

Again, HOAs are not the problem. HOAs that are left to their own devices without strong membership involvement ARE the problem.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top