Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a bottle of grain and cut it by half water.  

I do it by the glass. Pay 30 for a 1.75L. So for 15bucks your getting
2 clean 100proof 1.75s of booze.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I havent had any vodka in over a year...
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually many premium brands are mostly just making you pay more for a name. There isn't any super secret wizardry going on at their distillation plant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Life is too short for cheap booze.
Actually many premium brands are mostly just making you pay more for a name. There isn't any super secret wizardry going on at their distillation plant.
I said "cheap", not "inexpensive".
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My grandpa told me that people used to filter silage effluent through a loaf of bread and get drunk off of that.
View Quote
MMmmmmMMMmmmm I love the smell of silage
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The supposed best way to improve Vodka is a couple of passes through a Brita filter .
View Quote
There was a thing on the internet a few years ago about some dudes filtering cheap shit through a brita and after 3 passes nobody could tell it from grey goose.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Vodka

Filter through cloth diaper in to sink drain.
Buy Bourbon.  Nothing fancy, say Jim Beam.  Drink it neat.  The end.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Sawyer Squeeze

.1 Micron

Maybe?

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There was a thing on the internet a few years ago about some dudes filtering cheap shit through a brita and after 3 passes nobody could tell it from grey goose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The supposed best way to improve Vodka is a couple of passes through a Brita filter .
Myth busters did it years ago. They got experts to blind taste test. They could tell a difference but they unanimously decided that filtering improved cheap vodka.

Makes sense considering vodka is supposed to be odorless and tasteless. The more odorless and tasteless you can get it the better. So it's easy to blind taste test for it. There's not any (or at least as much) subjective opinion on the matter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Supposedly, desperately thirsty people used to filter Sterno through bread.  I am not sure how this would make toxic methanol convert into drinkable ethanol, but it should be safe to experiment with cheap vodka.
View Quote
That's called "squeeze" om the street.

Don't do it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
And, if you want to "charcoal polish" a vodka or 'shine, get about two feet of 1.5" pvc pipe and a hose clamp to fit it. Use the hose clamp to cap one end with four or five layers of basket type coffee filters. Fill the pipe with activated charcoal, the finer the better and suspend the pipe over a receptacle. If you are clever, you can use PVC bushings to bush up the 1.5" pipe to about 4" so you have large funnel at the top of the pipe. Fill the funnel and let it trickle though. It will take a good bit of time until it drips out the bottom. after you've run a few handles of 190 proof Everclear, run a pint of distilled water though the system and then dilute the Everclear or shine to drinking proof.

The whole rig should cost less than 20 buck and the charcoal is good for lots of runs if you dry it on a cookie sheet between uses.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Did the "brita" thing on suggestion of a neighbor, who mentioned the myth busters.  I just missed a clearanced brita @ WM.  Decided to go by the thrift store..... they had several, I got mine, for 2.99.  Washed it and then ran it through the dishwasher.  Bought a WM knockoff filter and filtered my sams club vodka x6..... good stuff....

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Myth busters did it years ago. They got experts to blind taste test. They could tell a difference but they unanimously decided that filtering improved cheap vodka.

Makes sense considering vodka is supposed to be odorless and tasteless. The more odorless and tasteless you can get it the better. So it's easy to blind taste test for it. There's not any (or at least as much) subjective opinion on the matter.
View Quote
There is a video where they filter Popov and the drinkers thought it tasted just like Belvedere 

Th
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Stop fucking with shit vodka and buy Luksusowa. I can get it for $16.99-$19.99 for a 1.75L here...

Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#15]
might make for an interesting project
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Also for cheap Vodka Pinnacle is not bad and it comes in a genuine plastic bottle that you can use for gas when your $6 of gas runs out
View Quote
Pinnacle.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Luksusowa or Sobieski vodka has already been filtered by a Polish god.  Nothing further is needed!
View Quote
That Luksusowa is some good vodka. Kru 82 is another fine vodka. I mix it so me and the bartender did a test once: make a vodka cranberry. Drink some, if you taste vodka = fail. Best were Kru 82, Russian Standard, Luksusowa, Chopin, Stoli, & Finlandia. Grey Goose didn't make it nor did Kettle One, nor Belvedere. If you drink it straight YMMV. Actually, in the well we used Taaka. Pretty good, too. $10 1/2 gallon.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top