User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still have unlimited data and have to buy my phones out right. Still running a s3 and see no reason to get a new phone still fast online and use foxfi hotspot to connect other devices.

But my understanding is that they are going to start tethering unlimited in high traffic areas over 5gb. that was from a Verizon customer service rep.

got my phone off of amazon.

Check the EE and see is there is a used phone
View Quote
I think you mean throttling.  Either way, in my experience vzw customer service reps often don't have a clue what they're talking about.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's what I'm thinking, and it that's the case it's irrelevant to this thread since it's about keeping an unlimited data plan that would have been phased out long before anyone could sign up for an Edge plan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just wondering how.  I'm not aware of any way your bill automatically goes down just because you're out of contract.  I've been out of contract since July and I'm still paying the same per month.  

Only way I know through Verizon is if he was using the edge plan

That's what I'm thinking, and it that's the case it's irrelevant to this thread since it's about keeping an unlimited data plan that would have been phased out long before anyone could sign up for an Edge plan.

Not the edge plan and it happened automatically.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Provided their data network doesn't suck hard in your area. After 4 years of < 512kb average data speed and nothing but empty promises and dead technology to remedy the problem, I switched to Verizon for usable data,  even if it IS limited.

Granted, they have rolled out LTE and new towers in the meantime, so I might give them amother look when my Verizon contract runs out.

Of course, the fact that my brother has Boost, on Sprint's network, for $35/mo,  I might be going contract less from now on.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sprint Unlimited data.

Provided their data network doesn't suck hard in your area. After 4 years of < 512kb average data speed and nothing but empty promises and dead technology to remedy the problem, I switched to Verizon for usable data,  even if it IS limited.

Granted, they have rolled out LTE and new towers in the meantime, so I might give them amother look when my Verizon contract runs out.

Of course, the fact that my brother has Boost, on Sprint's network, for $35/mo,  I might be going contract less from now on.

Very true. Ditched them because of shit coverage. Went with Verizon which is cheaper and my phone doesnt run dead looking for signal. Fuck Sprint.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Unlimited everything with Sprint.
View Quote

11 years with verizon. Got a new phone last summer that I paid $200 for, and broke the screen the 2nd day I had it. Non issue for me, but after the charging port stopped working after 5 months I went in to get my phone warrantied, was told that due to the screen being broken it was not under warranty and that I should use my insurance. After 11 years of paying my bill on time I'm not paying $100 to my insurance company to fix a manufacturing defect.

Went to Sprint and switched all 3 lines the next day. So far its a wash, with having to buy new phones from Sprint, but the data and access charges are less. In thoery I'll be saving money in 6 months.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top