BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't make up anything.  It's my personal bet, and mine alone.  The odds are based on nothing more than personal experience, perception and prejudice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what odds would those be?  And if, as you say, infidelity doesn't enter into the moral calculus of her demise, why speculate about it?  

Every murderer has his or her own reasons for committing the crime.

My bet is that his reason for murdering her is that she cheated on him.

He is still guilty of murder.  Her death is not her fault.

I see.  So you decided you'd make up shit about a dead woman just for the hell of it, with neither purpose nor basis?  By the way, I'm still waiting for you to tell me about "the odds".

I didn't make up anything.  It's my personal bet, and mine alone.  The odds are based on nothing more than personal experience, perception and prejudice.

No, it is, as you said, speculation.  M-W defines speculate as "to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence."  That's how people refer to "making up shit" in polite society.  In your case, it's not a matter of "insufficient evidence", it's "no evidence".  Or, more accurately, "in the face of the evidence to the contrary".  The victim's mother said that Davis had physically abused Arrendale in the past.  Davis's ex-wife said they were having a conflict over custody.  Your insistence that she was murdered because she was cheating says more about you than it does about her.

As to your personal experience figuring into your assessment of the odds, I doubt that you've murdered enough women for cheating on you to constitute a statistically valid sample of the female population.  Now, prejudice, that I might believe.  So instead of all this limp dick tap dancing and weaseling you've done in this thread, why not just come out and say that you believe that any white woman in an intimate relationship with a black man is trash, and most likely a lying, cheating whore in the bargain.  Hell, go all out and call her a mud shark, not like Arrendale's going to show up here to defend herself.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

As to your personal experience figuring into your assessment of the odds, I doubt that you've murdered enough women for cheating on you to constitute a statistically valid sample of the female population.  Now, prejudice, that I might believe.  So instead of all this limp dick tap dancing and weaseling you've done in this thread, why not just come out and say that you believe that any white woman in an intimate relationship with a black man is trash, and most likely a lying, cheating whore in the bargain.  

View Quote

I usually check out the last page of a thread I've never read to get an idea about the flow of the conversation ... looks like you've summed it up rather nicely.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No, it is, as you said, speculation.  M-W defines speculate as "to take to be true on the basis of insufficient evidence."  That's how people refer to "making up shit" in polite society.  In your case, it's not a matter of "insufficient evidence", it's "no evidence".  Or, more accurately, "in the face of the evidence to the contrary".  The victim's mother said that Davis had physically abused Arrendale in the past.  Davis's ex-wife said they were having a conflict over custody.  Your insistence that she was murdered because she was cheating says more about you than it does about her.

As to your personal experience figuring into your assessment of the odds, I doubt that you've murdered enough women for cheating on you to constitute a statistically valid sample of the female population.  Now, prejudice, that I might believe.  So instead of all this limp dick tap dancing and weaseling you've done in this thread, why not just come out and say that you believe that any white woman in an intimate relationship with a black man is trash, and most likely a lying, cheating whore in the bargain.  Hell, go all out and call her a mud shark, not like Arrendale's going to show up here to defend herself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what odds would those be?  And if, as you say, infidelity doesn't enter into the moral calculus of her demise, why speculate about it?  

I see.  So you decided you'd make up shit about a dead woman just for the hell of it, with neither purpose nor basis?  By the way, I'm still waiting for you to tell me about "the odds".

Brava, madam.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I saw a report on TV about abusive partners and abusive partners who kill their partners and this interesting fact came out ...........

An abused woman is more likely to be murdered by her abusive partner if she leaves the relationship.

I don't have the numbers handing but they were staggering enough for that information to stick in my head.

I guess it could be researched easy enough though.

Here is something ......

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/10/opinion/steiner-domestic-violence/

That's rather alarming to me.

Like getting out isn't enough, you have to ...
Get Out
Get Away
Get A New Name

ETA: More information ......

http://www.domesticabuseshelter.org/infodomesticviolence.htm

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I saw a report on TV about abusive partners and abusive partners who kill their partners and this interesting fact came out ...........

An abused woman is more likely to be murdered by her abusive partner if she leaves the relationship.

I don't have the numbers handing but they were staggering enough for that information to stick in my head.

Here is something ......

Many victims know instinctively what friends and family usually don't: The most lethal time in an abusive relationship is after you leave. More than 70% of domestic violence murders happen after the victim has gotten out.

Get Out
Get Away
Get A New Name

Of the total domestic violence homicides, about 75% of the victims were killed as they attempted to leave the relationship or after the relationship had ended.

This is what I was thinking of when I posted, but hadn't read yours yet.  Thanks.

Quoted:
Absolutely true info I would bet....but that is rather intuitive, dont need studies to prove that.

Also dont need studies to know that the women in those abusive relationships stayed way too long in them in the first place. If they had left at the very first sign of violence or mistreatment, things wouldnt have escalated that far.

Its a lesson to those with daughters, be the man you want you daughter to love. Show her how a man should treat a woman by treating her that way, by treating her mother that way. Teach her to accept nothing less......teach her the self respect and self worth necessary to recognize a piece of shit when he is right in front of her. Teach her not to lie down with dogs for the sake of acceptance or financial security.

Maybe this is how I lucked out (has to be some luck involved, can't be all my special abilities to avoid these problems).  My father was an amazing example to me.  I wanted nothing less than to find what my mother found in him.  That certainly steered me clear of a lot of the dysfunction I found in college, I know that.  Sorority sisters would admit they didn't like guy unless they treated them like crap.  I thought that was nuts.

Thank you, Mom & Dad.  Each day I am more grateful for the gifts you gave me and the lessons I learned from you.  RIP, Daddy.  You are loved and missed always and forever.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely....the biggest mistake fathers make....aside from simply not being there, is being oppressive about their daughters dating and being in relationships.

Guess what dads, eventually your daughters are gonna have sex with some guy. The best gift you can give her as a father is the ability to differentiate between the good guys and the scum bags. Be a part of her decisions, foster her admiration and respect so she seeks out your quality behavior in a man.

But always kill and bury the mother fuckers that hurt her too.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I usually check out the last page of a thread I've never read to get an idea about the flow of the conversation ... looks like you've summed it up rather nicely.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As to your personal experience figuring into your assessment of the odds, I doubt that you've murdered enough women for cheating on you to constitute a statistically valid sample of the female population.  Now, prejudice, that I might believe.  So instead of all this limp dick tap dancing and weaseling you've done in this thread, why not just come out and say that you believe that any white woman in an intimate relationship with a black man is trash, and most likely a lying, cheating whore in the bargain.  

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Absolutely....the biggest mistake fathers make....aside from simply not being there, is being oppressive about their daughters dating and being in relationships.

Guess what dads, eventually your daughters are gonna have sex with some guy. The best gift you can give her as a father is the ability to differentiate between the good guys and the scum bags. Be a part of her decisions, foster her admiration and respect so she seeks out your quality behavior in a man.
View Quote

Gotta love dads who are controlling, jealous, insecure, manipulative, angry...and act surprised when their daughter starts dating a guy...who is also controlling, jealous, insecure, manipulative, angry...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Here is something ......

Get Out
Get Away
Get A New Name

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GD is truly amazing at times.

If a woman stays in a relationship where she is being beaten, it is her fault. If she tries to leave, it's also her fault, and she was probably cheating anyway, and she probably did something to provoke the beating. If she takes her kids away from an abusive asshole, she's an evil beast depriving a father of his kids (and probably cheating). If she lets him have contact with the kids and he abuses them, she's a negligent bitch equally responsible for the abuse.

Holy catch 22, Batman!!!

Here is something ......

Many victims know instinctively what friends and family usually don't: The most lethal time in an abusive relationship is after you leave. More than 70% of domestic violence murders happen after the victim has gotten out.

Get Out
Get Away
Get A New Name

Of the total domestic violence homicides, about 75% of the victims were killed as they attempted to leave the relationship or after the relationship had ended.

There was a thread here the other day about why men stay in relationships with an abusive woman.  By and large the reasoning was that he'd take a severe financial hit.  

A lot of posters in that thread were talking about how it was understandable that he would stay because he wouldn't want to lose everything he'd worked for all of his life.  

So money is a good reason to stay with an abusive partner but knowing the odds are that you'll be killed when you try to leave isn't.  Apparently.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see we are at an impasse.  And that's ok.  You are starting to get ugly, and I don't want to get ugly with you.  I like you too much to start throwing blows like "mud shark"
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Fuck him and his depression. He's a fucking piece of shit coward.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Attractive girl.    She chose........Poorly.
View Quote

Very attractive and yes she certainly chose poorly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can see we are at an impasse.  And that's ok.  You are starting to get ugly, and I don't want to get ugly with you.  I like you too much to start throwing blows like "mud shark"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got ugly when you attributed a woman's death to her infidelity based, in part, on what you admitted were your own prejudices.  And I wasn't  concerned that you'd throw the "mud shark" epithet at me; my husband may have questionable taste in women, he's lily white.

I suspect we'll find ourselves on the same side of a GD thread in the future, but I agree: it won't be this one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Another white woman whose life could have been saved by racism.

Chris Rock says it the other way around in his act, but he's black so that's okay.
View Quote

How do you figure? Link to the Chris Rock thing so I can try to put your first sentence in context? Because it sounds like you're saying wife killing is only a black thing, and that can't be what you mean.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nope, it's perfect... shows how dangerous veterans are
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the pics of the baby, it looks like the father is black. So at least the National media wont use it as a story for gun control.

Nope, it's perfect... shows how dangerous veterans are

almost as bad as isis
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top