Quoted:

Death penalty, electric chair, lynching whatever.  Fuck that POS
View Quote

The coward shot himself.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
she has 2 other girls in their teens with the same beautiful skin, one article said she was shoot in the head but twisted around and put the baby in the toilet and covered her with her body
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is it so important that he was a marine at some point
View Quote

They always bring up the past of shooters.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think it had to do with an asshole.  Reports were that he'd beaten on her in the past.  

Maybe she finally realized the baby was worth protecting and attempted to leave.  Damn shame it was apparently too late.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd bet cash that this had little to do with depression, and more to do with infidelity.

I think it had to do with an asshole.  Reports were that he'd beaten on her in the past.  

Maybe she finally realized the baby was worth protecting and attempted to leave.  Damn shame it was apparently too late.

Well she made a very poor choice when it came to an exit strategy.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'd bet cash that this had little to do with depression, and more to do with infidelity.
View Quote

You know.... I'm sorta thinking it's probably that too. But still no reason to commit that terrible act.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Funny... they will use this to insist on banning firearms... but they won't even speak a lick about banning alcohol, which I blame more for this tragedy.

Guns don't suck you into a dark spiral of addiction, that leads to violence, vagrancy, angry outbursts etc. Alcohol kills over 100,000 *A YEAR*, yet... here are these fuckfaces who think we need to ban "Assault rifles" that perhaps *MIGHT* kill 200 people a year

That being said, I don't even support a ban on alcohol... but I think it's ridiculous that deaths from alcohol go relatively untalked about in the US... but the moment someone dies from guns "#OMGWTFBBQ #BANGUNS!!!"
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope, it's perfect... shows how dangerous veterans are

Same reason they say it was off duty cops in stories, or politicians.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does it really matter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dupe.  Did we ever get confirmation that this was a sound suppressor and not a flash suppressor?  Stupid media and all that.

Does it really matter?
It always matters. Color of the shooter, weapon used, accessories used, etc... are ALWAYS exploited by the press for gun control. You know as well as everyone else, if the guy used a pump shot gun, bolt action or lever action rifle the story would die out vs him using an ultra decked out high capacity assault gun with suppressor. The fact the guy was black and killed a white woman is the only thing that will make this story unexploitable for gun grabbers.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#13]
... fry his fucking ass

ETA, glad he offed himself. Should have been the only casualty
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He killed himself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He killed himself.

MABLETON, Ga. — Police have identified a man and woman who were found dead in a suburban Atlanta home after a roughly 14-hour standoff.

Smyrna police spokesman Chris Graeff says 33-year-old Jessica Arrendale and 30-year-old Antoine Davis were found with gunshot wounds to their heads Sunday afternoon. Graeff says Davis' wound was self-inflicted.  AJC

Wish he would've started off with that, and left everyone else out of it.

Hope the kid pulls through ok.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna go with this. Why do some people always try to blame the woman?

What a nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
she has 2 other girls in their teens with the same beautiful skin, one article said she was shoot in the head but twisted around and put the baby in the toilet and covered her with her body
View Quote

They're his from his ex.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It always matters. Color of the shooter, weapon used, accessories used, etc... are ALWAYS exploited by the press for gun control. You know as well as everyone else, if the guy used a pump shot gun, bolt action or lever action rifle the story would die out vs him using an ultra decked out high capacity assault gun with suppressor. The fact the guy was black and killed a white woman is the only thing that will make this story unexploitable for gun grabbers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dupe.  Did we ever get confirmation that this was a sound suppressor and not a flash suppressor?  Stupid media and all that.

Does it really matter?

And you notice they made sure they didn't have a pic or list his race anywhere in the story. And I guarantee if it had been a white guy, they would have found the most unacceptable pic [pref of him holding a firearm] they could and put it in the article.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And you notice they made sure they didn't have a pic or list his race anywhere in the story. And I guarantee if it had been a white guy, they would have found the most unacceptable pic [pref of him holding a firearm] they could and put it in the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it really matter?

The AJC and WSB Radio articles had his picture. Which is surprising for a COX property.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

According to the mom of the two girls, there was a custody battle over the baby.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

According to the mom of the two girls, there was a custody battle over the baby.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jessica filed a paternity suit against Antoine Davis in May of this year.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Just sad...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Attractive girl.    She chose........Poorly.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#25]
damn
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

FUCK HIM, even depressed people know you arent suppose to kill women and beat babies.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My condolences to the family of the victims of this tragedy.

PTSD is a real mental condition and the way that we handle it in this nation is horrid.  Every man is responsible for his own actions, but no man is an island and we all need help from time-to-time
View Quote

I agree.  As some one who has had to deal with a person with PTSD for several years before they turned a corner I can understand this tragedy.  Especially if things like SSRI's were used to supposedly treat the PTSD.  These drugs may work in some cases, but in many others they create a living hell for the person with the PTSD and their loved ones..  It is my experience that the drugs used to treat PTSD do not work and if you stop taking them suddenly it actually makes the symptoms much worse.  

Those warnings on all the TV advertisements for anti depressants are real.  Very, very real.  These drugs are behind some of the mass shootings that have occurred in this country,  There needs to be a complete postmortem on the treatment and drugs prescribed to this Marine.  Unfortunately the focus will be on the gun and not what drove the Marine to do this.  The gun was merely a tool he used.  In the absence of a firearm, he could have easily accomplished the deed with a knife or baseball bat.  

There is no forum on this site where I wouldn't get banned if I were to express in words my deep felt feelings on this subject of veterans with PTSD and how it is handled.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
FUCK HIM, even depressed people know you arent suppose to kill women and beat babies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would like to see us as a society, move away from blaming "things" for bad results, instead of blaming people for bad "choices".  

I don't care if you're drunk, sad, depressed, high, stoned, distracted, emotionally disturbed, addicted, hungover, going through a nasty divorce, having financial problems, suffering from PTSD, lost your mother, father, son, or daughter, or favorite pet, in a bad relationship, abused as a child, suffer from autism, operating under orders from god, a dog, tree, demon, or great spirit, having a bad hair day, missed breakfast, feel fat, skinny, ugly, or unloved....

You are responsible for the results of your actions.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
From the pics of the baby, it looks like the father is black. So at least the National media wont use it as a story for gun control.
View Quote

Stay classy....
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

He's dead Jim.

Police said after shooting Arrendale, Davis went to the baby's room and took his own life.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#31]
ETA nvm he killed himself so the medias story will be how history gets written.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Attractive girl.    She chose........Poorly.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
If our gov would spend more money on treating PTST (and other injuries sustained from the WoT) and less on the FSA, things like this would be less and less.  

Im afraid they will happen more and more
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#34]

This is exactly what happened.  A dick ended up killing his woman and kid.  I'm sure he was a dick thug long before he met her, had the baby, or even joined the Marine Corps.

Too bad for her and baby.  But many women are attracted to thugs thinking it's hip, it's urban/ethnic cool, "I can make him my prince" and along those lines thinking they are the exception to what is inevitable.  

It's irrevelant that he is a Marine, a Iraq vet, or black.  Being a Marine and a vet will make him an efficient killer but hurting spouses and children is strictly enforced at he maximum level in that environment.

Had it been a "nobody" (Non military/vet/cop/athlete/politician/etc) and had done it gruesomely and inefficiently with a hammer and took longer, it wouldn't had made as much media attention.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Funny... they will use this to insist on banning firearms... but they won't even speak a lick about banning alcohol, which I blame more for this tragedy.

Guns don't suck you into a dark spiral of addiction, that leads to violence, vagrancy, angry outbursts etc. Alcohol kills over 100,000 *A YEAR*, yet... here are these fuckfaces who think we need to ban "Assault rifles" that perhaps *MIGHT* kill 200 people a year

That being said, I don't even support a ban on alcohol... but I think it's ridiculous that deaths from alcohol go relatively untalked about in the US... but the moment someone dies from guns "#OMGWTFBBQ #BANGUNS!!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Smyrna, Ga., mom was under attack by the drunken, abusive father of her child

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dying-ga-mom-saves-baby-hiding-toilet-article-1.1946161

eta I'm agreeing with you, I don't think my original post made that clear.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Change the fucking title OP.
His being a former Marine had NOTHING to do with the crime.
Unless you're some fucking libtard dummycunt reporter.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

That's terrible. Her mother is delusional though.
View Quote

Yeah.  I feel bad for the family.  But seriously.. I'm sure if dad wanted to kill the baby, he certainly could of.  The injury the child sustained was probably unintentional.  Doesn't mean he shouldn't burn for it though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:31:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dupe. Did we ever get confirmation that this was a sound suppressor and not a flash suppressor? Stupid media and all that.

Does it really matter?

Could you imagine if it where a white guy shooting a black woman?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Prison system will straighten him out.

I feel awful for the kid.

ETA: Missed that he killed himself.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's as relevant as that Marine who accidentally crossed into Mexico with guns.

Media will use it to drum up PTSD shit in this case, in Tahmooressi's case, his Marine background is the only reason liberals care he's locked up for owning guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Stay classy....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the pics of the baby, it looks like the father is black. So at least the National media wont use it as a story for gun control.

Stay classy....

It's the fucking truth.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dying-ga-mom-saves-baby-hiding-toilet-article-1.1946161

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Smyrna, Ga., mom was under attack by the drunken, abusive father of her child

Unfortunately, EtOH is the medication of choice for PTSD if you don't want an albatross around your neck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The coward shot himself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The coward shot himself.
better than us pay for his prison food

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah I read that in the article. She didn't so shit. Luck or God made her just happen to fall that way. Once you get shot in the head you stop doing anything other than fall as physics dictates.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah I read that in the article. She didn't so shit. Luck or God made her just happen to fall that way. Once you get shot in the head you stop doing anything other than fall as physics dictates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not true. I remember a video a couple years back in one of those Muslim uprisings where a guy took an AK round, blew the front out of his face. He was sitting on the bed of a pickup completely coherent, and responsive to what was going on. Despite having no face.

ETA: Graphic video hotlinked. Dude shot in head, still alive.

Not the one I was talking about, but I bet this guy could still get up and do something if he wanted to.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, EtOH is the medication of choice for PTSD if you don't want an albatross around your neck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, and sad.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

For the PTSD thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For the PTSD thing.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, it's perfect... shows how dangerous veterans are

After Vietnam - for quite a while - the favorite TV and movie bad guy was the 'deranged Vietnam veteran'.

Everything old is new again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
no comment
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't even....  
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Journalists, Politicians, and Lawyers. Professional liars.

Lady was model material.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top