BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As someone who is not religious and is about as neutral as you'll find on this issue ... the whole "Jews killed Jesus and are being punished" or "I don't like Jews because they killed Jesus" has always struck me as odd. Assuming that the Jews were in fact responsible, shouldn't Christians be thankful? If they hadn't killed Jesus, then the entire foundation of Christianity would never have been laid. Right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here we go again and herein lies the truth of the Christian worldview: Jews killed JC and by rejecting him they are receiving G-d's punishment.

As someone who is not religious and is about as neutral as you'll find on this issue ... the whole "Jews killed Jesus and are being punished" or "I don't like Jews because they killed Jesus" has always struck me as odd. Assuming that the Jews were in fact responsible, shouldn't Christians be thankful? If they hadn't killed Jesus, then the entire foundation of Christianity would never have been laid. Right?

The Romans also played a part in JC's death. Where is their punishment?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It's been my general observation that when muslims kill muslims, nobody cares, but when jews kill muslims, for some reason, all hell breaks loose. It no longer surprises me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:47:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think you can break it down further than that.

When Israel kills terrorists, we all cheer.

When Israel kills civilians, only GD cheers

Think about it....where the UK or the US have killed civilian non-combatants in conflict we face a significant backlash from across the board.  This is to be expected and we go out of our way to avoid inflicting civilian casualties.

People are simply applying the same principles to Israel and they are condemning the killing of civilians as sure as they would if it was the US, UK or any other nation that did it.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Israel is deliberately targeting civilians either, most people recognise that Hamas are also civilians as a human shield. People all recognise that Hamas have continually refused to adhere to ceasefires, have continued regardless of offers for talks, and refuse to take a step back and commit to a non-combative solution.  In fact, where Israel does undertake intelligence led targeting of hamas fighters and kills them without civilians being harmed, most of the world says "good shoot".

The problem is that while Israel is supposedly taking the fight to Hamas, they are killing rather large numbers of civilians in the processes.  This represents a huge propaganda coup for Hamas.  We hold Israel to a far higher standard than we expect from terrorist scum like Hamas, and that is an asymmetrical situation which Israel has to deal with just as we do.

The fact remains that the continued killing of civilians at the rate we have seen in Gaza over the last couple of weeks is not going to work in Israel's favour.  World opinion recognises that while Israel has a right to defend itself, the civilian loss of life represents a disproportionate use of unsuitable force where the collateral damage is far too high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's been my general observation that when muslims kill muslims, nobody cares, but when jews kill muslims, for some reason, all hell breaks loose. It no longer surprises me.

Think about it....where the UK or the US have killed civilian non-combatants in conflict we face a significant backlash from across the board.  This is to be expected and we go out of our way to avoid inflicting civilian casualties.

People are simply applying the same principles to Israel and they are condemning the killing of civilians as sure as they would if it was the US, UK or any other nation that did it.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Israel is deliberately targeting civilians either, most people recognise that Hamas are also civilians as a human shield. People all recognise that Hamas have continually refused to adhere to ceasefires, have continued regardless of offers for talks, and refuse to take a step back and commit to a non-combative solution.  In fact, where Israel does undertake intelligence led targeting of hamas fighters and kills them without civilians being harmed, most of the world says "good shoot".

The problem is that while Israel is supposedly taking the fight to Hamas, they are killing rather large numbers of civilians in the processes.  This represents a huge propaganda coup for Hamas.  We hold Israel to a far higher standard than we expect from terrorist scum like Hamas, and that is an asymmetrical situation which Israel has to deal with just as we do.

The fact remains that the continued killing of civilians at the rate we have seen in Gaza over the last couple of weeks is not going to work in Israel's favour.  World opinion recognises that while Israel has a right to defend itself, the civilian loss of life represents a disproportionate use of unsuitable force where the collateral damage is far too high.

So how do you know who israel is killing?

because of hamas press releases?  
How many terrorists has israel killed?

or is it "1000 dead, mostly civlians, according to hamas."

well, I believe everything hamas says.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:13:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Exodus: Why Europe's Jews Are Fleeing Once Again
July 29, 2014

A survey published in November 2013 by the Fundamental Rights Agency of the European Union found that 29% had considered emigrating as they did not feel safe. Jews across Europe, the survey noted, “face insults, discrimination and physical violence, which despite concerted efforts by both the EU and its member states, shows no signs of fading into the past”.
View Quote

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/08/08/exodus-why-europes-jews-are-feeling-once-again-261854.html
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Gaza Conflict Seen as Providing Cover for Anti-Semitic Attacks in France
JULY 28, 2014

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/world/europe/gaza-conflict-seen-sparking-anti-semitic-attacks-in-france.html
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:18:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Anti-Semitism on the march: Europe braces for violence
Fears of violence and anti-Semitism at major protest marches planned in Berlin and other German cities this weekend against Israeli operations in Gaza
26 Jul 2014

Thousands of police are being deployed in cities across Europe with Berlin alone deploying 1,500 police officers in a response and authorities in Paris have sought to ban outright marches planned for this weekend.

The protests have triggered warnings that the spectre of anti-Semitism has returned to haunt Europe.
View Quote

Protesters have attacked synagogues, smashed the windows of Jewish-owned business and torched others, in scenes disturbingly reminiscent of the 1938 Kristallnacht in France. The marchers have chanted “Jews to the gas chambers”, and Jewish people have been attacked on the streets of Berlin.
View Quote

Why don’t we react when we hear 'Death to Jews’ today in France?” Milena Kartowski, a young French Jewish woman wrote in a piece for Le Nouvel Observateur to mark Bastille Day earlier this month - before the most serious anti-Semitic violence took place.

“I’m Jewish and I’m French, and nothing, absolutely nothing, will legitimise the horrendous crime that is taking place here in France,” Ms Kartowksi wrote. “When are you going to fight for me? When will you fight to allow me, as a Jew, to live safely and peacefully in my country, like you?
View Quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10992886/Anti-Semitism-on-the-march-Europe-braces-for-violence.html
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#10]
This time when Europe blows up we need to let them kill each other and not get involved.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Israel = Zionist intent on genocidal efforts to cleanse their race and isolate themselves from others in the center of a terrorist breeding ground.

Hamas = al qaeda, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood, terrorism.  Jihad has many names.

Why are we as Americans forced to partake in this shit soup?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I doubt people believe much that Hamas says.  They allegedly posted up pics of the Fogel family and claimed they were victims of recent Israeli action - hardly reputable as a source.

I have no doubt that Hamas will lie through their teeth as part of the propaganda war, but there have been a lot of civilian casualties according to independent witnesses.

Neither you nor I know the proportion of civilians/combatants that have been killed. I doubt we will ever know an accurate figure.

If you have reason to disbelieve the independent sources than I'd be interested to know why.  Having said that, there has just been a senior Israeli commander on BBC News as I type this who has admitted that high civilian casualties have been caused due to the difficult nature of the fighting.  He made some very valid points about Hamas and their tactics which should hopefully help put a little more balance into the debate when looking at the actions of Hamas in this conflict, but when challenged about the damaging effects of the civilian casualties on the Israeli cause he knew he was on difficult grounds.

View Quote

Who are these independent sources?  
NYT's
Their numbers are footnoted as follows:
"Palestinian death tallies are provided by the Palestinian Health Ministry and the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs."

Now, the first is an organ of Hamas.
The second set gets its data from the "Palistinian Center for Human Rights"  read as:  Arabs in Gaza.

Why don't they break down the age and sex of the victims.

Surely if 80% of the casulties are civilians, than 400 of the victims would be women.

What do you want to bet they aren't.

Yet all the so called "I don't care" people are incessantly talking about the "excessive" civilian casualties.  Which they have no idea how many they actually are and the only data comes from Hamas.  

Do you really think in all this fighting that only 200 "fighters" have been killed?

Your umbradge and humanitarian concern is wrapped around a lie by Hamas.  An easily disproven lie which no one seems interested to disprove.  I wonder why that is?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Israel = Zionist intent on genocidal efforts to cleanse their race and isolate themselves from others in the center of a terrorist breeding ground.

Hamas = al qaeda, ISIS, Muslim Brotherhood, terrorism.  Jihad has many names.

Why are we as Americans forced to partake in this shit soup?
View Quote

Gee.
And you wonder where these anti-semetic accusations come from.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:02:27 AM EDT
[#16]
It would be anti-jewish sentiment in Europe since Semites are :

1)Arabs
2)Jews
3)Ethiopians

4)Phoenicians
5)Carthaginians
6)Babylonians

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Man - you haven't even provided a source, yet any source *I* have provided you dismiss. How does that work?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt people believe much that Hamas says.  They allegedly posted up pics of the Fogel family and claimed they were victims of recent Israeli action - hardly reputable as a source.

I have no doubt that Hamas will lie through their teeth as part of the propaganda war, but there have been a lot of civilian casualties according to independent witnesses.

Neither you nor I know the proportion of civilians/combatants that have been killed. I doubt we will ever know an accurate figure.

If you have reason to disbelieve the independent sources than I'd be interested to know why.  Having said that, there has just been a senior Israeli commander on BBC News as I type this who has admitted that high civilian casualties have been caused due to the difficult nature of the fighting.  He made some very valid points about Hamas and their tactics which should hopefully help put a little more balance into the debate when looking at the actions of Hamas in this conflict, but when challenged about the damaging effects of the civilian casualties on the Israeli cause he knew he was on difficult grounds.

Man - you haven't even provided a source, yet any source *I* have provided you dismiss. How does that work?

It does make for easier debating.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:27:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Can we all agree to hate Belgium?

ANTWERP, Belgium (JTA) – A Belgian physician who refused to treat a Jewish woman with a fractured rib suggested she visit Gaza to get rid of the pain.

The physician made the remark on Wednesday while manning a medical hotline in Flanders, Belgium’s Flemish region, whose capital, Antwerp, has a sizeable Orthodox Jewish population, the local Jewish monthly Joods Actueel reported Thursday.

The woman, Bertha Klein, had her son, who is American, call the hotline at 11 p.m.

"I’m not coming,” the doctor reportedly told the son and hung up. When the son called again, the doctor said: "Send her to Gaza for a few hours, then she’ll get rid of the pain.” According to Joods Actueel, the doctor confirmed the exchange, saying he had an "emotional reaction.”

The family called a friend, Samuel Markowitz, who is an alderman of the Antwerp district council and a volunteer paramedic. He called the doctor to confirm the exchange, and also recorded their conversation.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:34:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

1)Arabs
2)Jews
3)Ethiopians

4)Phoenicians
5)Carthaginians
6)Babylonians

View Quote

holy shit...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Phoenicians are awesome.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In the Pacific part of WWII, I believe the figures amount to 15 Japanese civilians killed for every Allied soldier killed. There was no outrage over that, and those figures are not far off what we're seeing in Gaza, yet the outrage is massive over Gaza.

Anyone who expects war without civilian casualties—especially when civilians are gleefully used as shields for rockets—is more than a bit naive, IMO.

IMO, Israel needs to fight this war until all the tunnels are destroyed and the UN agrees to enforce complete demilitarization of Gaza. Use troops on the frontline from the countries in Yurup and the UK that are whining the loudest about civilian casualties. Make these countries have some skin in the game and let them see what dealing with Hamas is really like.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Mayor Of East London Borough Flies Palestinian Flag Over Town Hall In “Solidarity” With Hamas

Tower Hamlets’s Muslim mayor Lutfur Rahman sparked a storm of protest tonight after raising the Palestinian flag over the town hall ‘in solidarity with Gaza’.

Barely 24 hours after it emerged Mr Rahman is to face trial over claims he committed widespread voting fraud, he ordered the flag to fly ‘in support of a ceasefire and peace’.

Jewish leaders condemned the move as ‘destructive’ for community relations as local residents said the council should concentrate on ‘potholes and bins’ and not international conflicts.

Mr Rahman was a member of the Tower Hamlets Labour Party and was its candidate to be the first directly elected mayor of the borough in 2010.

But he was expelled from the Labour party after allegations surfaced about his close links with an Islamic extremist group called the Islamic Forum of Europe.

He is accused of using illegal tactics to win the mayoral election in Tower Hamlets, East London, in May.
View Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710998/Tower-Hamlets-Mayor-Lutfur-Rahman-orders-Palestinian-flag-fly-town-hall-solidarity-Gaza.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Those two have been fighting for years and neither side is prepared to give an inch.  .
View Quote

Factually untrue.

Israel gave up the Sinai.
Israel left S. Lebanon (and paid the price in blood)
Israel pulled out of Gaza completely (and paid the price in blood)

Israel has voluntarily given up more territory than it currently has asking only for peace in return.

So, nice try at moral equivalence, but, as noted, completely and demonstrably wrong.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Factually untrue.

Israel has voluntarily given up more territory than it currently has asking only for peace in return.

So, nice try at moral equivalence, but, as noted, completely and demonstrably wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those two have been fighting for years and neither side is prepared to give an inch.  .

Factually untrue.

Quite right. If the Palis want a return to borders of old, pick June of 1967, or so, when Israel controlled massively more territory (Sinai, Gaza, etc.) than it does now. It gave back more territory than it now controls, in exchange for often Chimeric promises of peace, and everyone whines that it is not enough. WTF? is an inadequate reaction to this fact.

ETA: I have no opinion on whether or not there's a rise in anti-jewish feelings in Yurup.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I hope that's not the case; can you point out examples of that?

It would really tick me off to think that anyone celebrates the deaths of innocent civilians.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope that's not the case; can you point out examples of that?

It would really tick me off to think that anyone celebrates the deaths of innocent civilians.

Peruse any Middle East/Israel thread and you will see calls for "nuking the entire region".

Criticizing Israel around here is like criticizing Obama in the mainstream media.  You will be called a racist/88er and told to go back to Free Republic Stormfront.    The worst part?  Silence from the peanut gallery.  Very few, if any, members call out the the offenders.

The hypocrisy of GD has been getting to me lately.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Maybe we should give back the Polish "occupied territories" back to Germany.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are however in the occupied territories at present, remain in dispute with the UN over those boundaries, and are facing attacks for remaining so......Those attacks form part of the reason for the Israelis remaining in those occupied territories, understandably to some extent.  Neither side is prepared to concede, so the fighting continues.

Yes!

And give all of the middle east back to the Turks?

Why is it only when one religio-ethnic group annexes territory in war that the whirled declares it forever "occupied territory" and demands that it be given back?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Very poor reasoning there Sylvan.

Israel didn't own that territory in the first place......so in reality they gave up nothing.

They are however in the occupied territories at present, remain in dispute with the UN over those boundaries, and are facing attacks for remaining so......Those attacks form part of the reason for the Israelis remaining in those occupied territories, understandably to some extent.  Neither side is prepared to concede, so the fighting continues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Factually untrue.

Israel didn't own that territory in the first place......so in reality they gave up nothing.

By your logic Israel doesn't own any territory in the first place.  So if they are wiped out, they really never should have been there in the first place.

Please tell me which "territory" Israel does own.
then tell me which of those territories the arabs acknowledge.

Then come back with, "neither one will give an inch."

your intellectual dishonesty on this subject does you a disservice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wonder why they aren't reacting to the situation in Syria?
Or Iraq?

Nope.
Just the palistinians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And? people are reacting to Israel bombing the shit out of civilians in Gaza.

This was covered back on page 2.

There's "reacting", and then there's "burning down mosques". If you can't see the difference, then I can't help you.

I wonder why they aren't reacting to the situation in Syria?
Or Iraq?

Nope.
Just the palistinians.

There have been protests in London and throughout the UK about Syria for years now. There were even people waving banners and trying to be noticed by the cameras when the Olympic Flame can through our crappy little middle of nowhere town.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#40]
When visiting my wife's family in Northern Ireland (educated, successful Catholics if it matters) I am always taken aback by the almost blatant anti-Semitism I encounter. These are educated business owners, medical professionals, land owners, etc we're talking about here, not council house dwelling welfare recipients. They're very taken in by pro-Palestinian propaganda and agree completely with the whole "Israel is the aggressor and Palestinians are victims" argument.

I think it might have something to do with the tendency of the Irish to side with the perceived underdog, due to their history with Britain, but I'm speculating.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least the Russian ones?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#42]
my solution is Khadafis solution in that palestine and Israel are one country but are a confederacy more akin to the way the Swiss are.

Get rid of all of all of the religious extremist parties and make it neutral.

Fuck Hamas and their shit..they don't care about the Palestinian people, they could care less about anything else.

Personally, it was Israels fault for allowing hamas to be in Gaza in the first place with their medical and aid and other bullshit.

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Play nice, Sylvan. You are presuming to know what I am thinking and are trying to put words in my mouth.  You are wrong.

Have a look at this series of maps and decide for yourself.  Even if we take the 1967 De Facto Line after the Six Day War there has been a significant reduction since then in  the Palestinian Territories.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4Qo1uiIBJ9U/TkvMMqhh2GI/AAAAAAAAASo/JG_wQd8U9KA/s1600/Map+of+Palestine.jpg

I appreciate it may hard for you to do so if you have essentially been fed one line for many years...but try to think neutrally.  You have a land that has traditionally been shared by two people who effectively lived together without real issue until 1947.  In 1947 a plan was proposed to divide the land up to territories for Israel and Palestinian people.  Whether that was a good idea or not is a matter great debate, but suffice it to say that it went down like a lead balloon.  Wars were fought and the net result is that territory previously shared has now become divided to the point where one side has 88% of the land and the other has 12% of the land.

Now you being 'Murican can surely appreciate that being forcefully occupied and being squeezed out of your land is something you would not take kindly to.  I wouldn't either.  On that basis , if you put yourself in the shoes of a Palestinian you can probably see why they may be angry enough to elect Hamas as their leadership and persist in attacking what they see as a force unlawfully occupying their land.  Palestinians, without any meaningful way of fighting a real war, resort to guerrilla warfare to attack what they see as the occupiers.  Israel, naturally wants to defend itself and does so - as we would expect, and in doing so occupies more and more land.

So we end up in a position where one group has lost so much land in the last 70 years that they feel intensely aggrieved and take extreme action, as they perceive this is their only option and they are facing total loss......hence their attacks.  Israel feel the need to defend itself and in doing so occupies more and more land..... which is then built upon by hardliners who believe that Israel  has the only right to the land.

If anything you a probably right....... it't not that neither side will give an inch......it is more a case of the Palestinian territories losing plenty of inches, while Israel gains penny of inches.

I don't see any solution in the future is the current trend continues.....If anything, even if the land areas remain static as they are now, there will forever be a significant amount of anger and opposition that will result in Israeli and Palestinian lives being lost.

I know I won't change your mind on this and I have no desire to try - your views are your views and how they evolve is down to you alone, but if you cannot take five minutes to adopt a truly neutral approach to this and imagine what it is like from both sides of the conflict, then you may find yourself relying on a very one sided view of the what is happening.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Factually untrue.

By your logic Israel doesn't own any territory in the first place.  So if they are wiped out, they really never should have been there in the first place.

Play nice, Sylvan. You are presuming to know what I am thinking and are trying to put words in my mouth.  You are wrong.

Have a look at this series of maps and decide for yourself.  Even if we take the 1967 De Facto Line after the Six Day War there has been a significant reduction since then in  the Palestinian Territories.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-4Qo1uiIBJ9U/TkvMMqhh2GI/AAAAAAAAASo/JG_wQd8U9KA/s1600/Map+of+Palestine.jpg

I appreciate it may hard for you to do so if you have essentially been fed one line for many years...but try to think neutrally.  You have a land that has traditionally been shared by two people who effectively lived together without real issue until 1947.  In 1947 a plan was proposed to divide the land up to territories for Israel and Palestinian people.  Whether that was a good idea or not is a matter great debate, but suffice it to say that it went down like a lead balloon.  Wars were fought and the net result is that territory previously shared has now become divided to the point where one side has 88% of the land and the other has 12% of the land.

Now you being 'Murican can surely appreciate that being forcefully occupied and being squeezed out of your land is something you would not take kindly to.  I wouldn't either.  On that basis , if you put yourself in the shoes of a Palestinian you can probably see why they may be angry enough to elect Hamas as their leadership and persist in attacking what they see as a force unlawfully occupying their land.  Palestinians, without any meaningful way of fighting a real war, resort to guerrilla warfare to attack what they see as the occupiers.  Israel, naturally wants to defend itself and does so - as we would expect, and in doing so occupies more and more land.

So we end up in a position where one group has lost so much land in the last 70 years that they feel intensely aggrieved and take extreme action, as they perceive this is their only option and they are facing total loss......hence their attacks.  Israel feel the need to defend itself and in doing so occupies more and more land..... which is then built upon by hardliners who believe that Israel  has the only right to the land.

If anything you a probably right....... it't not that neither side will give an inch......it is more a case of the Palestinian territories losing plenty of inches, while Israel gains penny of inches.

I don't see any solution in the future is the current trend continues.....If anything, even if the land areas remain static as they are now, there will forever be a significant amount of anger and opposition that will result in Israeli and Palestinian lives being lost.

I know I won't change your mind on this and I have no desire to try - your views are your views and how they evolve is down to you alone, but if you cannot take five minutes to adopt a truly neutral approach to this and imagine what it is like from both sides of the conflict, then you may find yourself relying on a very one sided view of the what is happening.

Why don't you show a map from June 14th, 1967?

Because that wouldn't support your incorrect thesis.

And why the euphimism "Arab State"?

Surely the map should have said "Palistine."

The jews accepted teh 1947 partition.  The arabs refused (despite the fact that a large % of the jewish territory had been legally purchased from muslim land owners)
the jews accepted the return to the 1949 border in 1967, the arabs refused (three No's resolution from the Arab League in Khartoum.)

"wars were fought"  what an adorable use of the passive voice.

Wars were fought because arabs wanted to kill jews, they never cared about a state for the "palistinian people"  Which is why there was no "palistine" after 1947.  Remember trans jordan.

Don't think for a minute to lecture the ignorant americans on the history of Israel.  

have the arabs who were deposited in that area been shit on?  Sure have.  But mostly by their fellow arabs.

And your point is still false.  Israel has given up plenty of land.  That you refuse to acknowledge that simple fact shows either gross stupidity or willful ignorance.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:46:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He's probably a recent Muslim immigrant. Nothing to see here...
View Quote

Interesting enough most of those "europeans" protesting Israel are in fact........muslim immigrants

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

1)Arabs
2)Jews
3)Ethiopians

4)Phoenicians
5)Carthaginians
6)Babylonians

View Quote

Correct, it's hatred towards a specific religion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My point is not false.  That land was never Israel's to start with.  Israel gave back land it didn't own through a process of negotiation after occupying that land in conflict.

In blue
View Quote

And, again, based upon that logic, no land legitimately belongs to israel, correct?

But, then again, how many countries now no longer belong in the land THEY live in?

How does a sovereign country "legitimately" acquire land?

I guess, by your logic, none of the United States is legitimate land of the Americans.  

How about Wales?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Factually untrue.

Before 1948, it was British territory and before that it was part of the Ottoman Empire.    There has never been a country called "Palestine".  I will also add that I would not try to kill someone, say a Muslim from Jordan, because they bought the house next door and moved in.  Nor do I know anyone here in the states that would.  I will also add that quite a few Arab Muslims live in Israel without issue.  

The root cause of many of the issues over there is the idea of a religious government and the lack of separation of church and state.  In the US, it is in the 1st amendment, the UK is officially C of E, but in practice, the government is the government and the church is the church, which is a good thing for both the government and religion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey Agent_Funky, would you say that the Israeli occupation of the region is very similar to the British occupation of Ireland?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top