Quoted:
You act like that is a problem

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

Just to clarify on the rate of fire, it's simply a dwell setting that would delay the release of the hammer for the next shot. It doesn't change the mechanical cyclic rate like changing out buffers/springs/etc.

My Airgun Designs X-Mag has a similar mechanical backup mechanism. The mechanical backup is more for if the batteries die rather than ECM or EMP.

The real problem with this type of trigger is it will be very difficult for it not to exhibit trigger bounce, effectively producing full-auto.

Well I only say that because it might not end well for your dog if the ATF declares your gun a MG.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well I only say that because it might not end well for your dog if the ATF declares your gun a MG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

Just to clarify on the rate of fire, it's simply a dwell setting that would delay the release of the hammer for the next shot. It doesn't change the mechanical cyclic rate like changing out buffers/springs/etc.

My Airgun Designs X-Mag has a similar mechanical backup mechanism. The mechanical backup is more for if the batteries die rather than ECM or EMP.

The real problem with this type of trigger is it will be very difficult for it not to exhibit trigger bounce, effectively producing full-auto.

I wonder how short the reset could be made.  The AR Gold has a reset of about .015 (per an arfcommer's testing).  That compares to an SD3G at .06.  So the AR Gold resets in 15 Thousandths of an inch.  I really need to buy one to throw in a bump gun and try for myself.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neat, but a few things came immediately to mind:

- No "break point" huh?
- Accuracy is exponentially increased?
- 1000 rounds per minute in full auto mode? Wow, I had no idea that the fire control group dictated the cyclic rate in an M16.
- It has a mechanical backup due to worries about ECM and/or EMP?
- It's the "worlds greatest trigger" based on a single prototype?

The concept is cool and I wish him well, but I won't be swapping out my Geissele SSAs for a battery operated Rube Goldberg FCG anytime soon

</Luddite>

I have no reason to doubt anything you wrote

My issue with his claim is the number itself. Unless he is talking about installing his trigger in an M231 firing port weapon that operates from an open bolt, he isn't going to get 1000 rounds per minute with anything in the M4/M16 family. I'm probably splitting hairs, but details are important if he wants to be seen as credible ... at least to me
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The only legal electronic triggers on firearms are on single-shot competition guns (e.g. Morini 84E).
View Quote

O RLY?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My issue with his claim is the number itself. Unless he is talking about installing his trigger in an M231 firing port weapon that operates from an open bolt, he isn't going to get 1000 rounds per minute with anything in the M4/M16 family. I'm probably splitting hairs, but details are important if he wants to be seen as credible ... at least to me

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Neat, but a few things came immediately to mind:

- No "break point" huh?

- Accuracy is exponentially increased?

- 1000 rounds per minute in full auto mode? Wow, I had no idea that the fire control group dictated the cyclic rate in an M16.

- It has a mechanical backup due to worries about ECM and/or EMP?

- It's the "worlds greatest trigger" based on a single prototype?

The concept is cool and I wish him well, but I won't be swapping out my Geissele SSAs for a battery operated Rube Goldberg FCG anytime soon

</Luddite>

Open the gas port on an M4 and use a lightweight carrier and it would quickly reach or surpass 1000rpm.  It might have extraction issues, but looking at the M231 i think they could be dealt with fairly easily.

Obviously a stock M4 won't go that fast and an M16 is even slower.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Disregard.  I see there isn't an actual ruling on the legality of stuff like this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
It won't go full auto without a auto sear anyway, so I don't understand why its illegal

Free

Quoted:
It's already been decided as not legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like they took electric paintball marker electronics and fitted them into an ar lower, the ATF will Looove this.

It's already been decided as not legal.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:56:08 AM EDT
[#8]
If you need me I will be throwing away my Geissele's
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#10]

So when you get a letter ending like that, the proper answer, is a signed letter simply stating : ' shall not be infringed, motherfucker ! ' right ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Very, very clean benchrest trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand the advantages to be had in military applications being able to set the ROF, but for civilians with semi-auto only I don't really get it.

Very, very clean benchrest trigger.
Would probably clean up the shitty trigger pull on most bullpups also.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top