BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A guy shows up at your front door and says, "Hi, I'm gay, and I would like to come inside and make note of your valuables."

You would do what any sane person would do.

Another guy shows up and says "I'm gay, I just got in a car accident, I think I broke my arm, the rain is freezing cold, and I need help."

What would you do? I know what you would do.

So if you don't know whether to be flattered or irritated, be flattered.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't lecture me on Christ. My beliefs, my religion as I see fit, that's between me and God.

Homo is wrong and I cannot be forced to accept it into my house or business or property.

This is still the USA.

Not a homo supporter, but wouldn't a Christian -- in the true spirit of Christianity -- welcome anyone into their home?

Sometimes I think Christians are Christianity's worst enemies.

I dunno where to start.

We are a Christian household, have a lock on our front door, and pick and choose who gets in.
Christianity doesn't mean we have to become brainless suckers.  Dunno whether to be flattered or irritated by your idea.

A guy shows up at your front door and says, "Hi, I'm gay, and I would like to come inside and make note of your valuables."

You would do what any sane person would do.

Another guy shows up and says "I'm gay, I just got in a car accident, I think I broke my arm, the rain is freezing cold, and I need help."

What would you do? I know what you would do.

So if you don't know whether to be flattered or irritated, be flattered.

Why do I "have to know" he's gay?  

For the record, the first and last time I let some extremely sketchy gal in "just to make a phone call", she talked for two seconds on the phone and then hung up.  She spent the majority of her time eyeballing the contents of our living room, while a carload of her friends waited parked out front.  Several years ago.  Looks like I failed that criminal interview.

Never Again.

Yet another Quality Citizen came to my front door a few weeks back, having an apparent domestic with her bald headed boyfriend.  It wasn't necessary to reject this woman in need, because she did a U turn when my hunting dogs came unglued wanting a piece of her and her SO, through my picture window.  Cops came in about 3 mins. flat. EDIT:  Um, not like that.

Anyone I don't know who wants in my house for any reason, aint getting in.  I will call the cops to come get them, tho.  People who kick in my front door will be shot in a sensitive, caring manner, with my .45

I only open my front door for friends, family, girl scouts selling cookies and Mormons. because 14er
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

East TN. He more likely just made a brilliant business move. The free publicity that the next democrat nominee gets he gets will be worth a lot more than the two people in his area that he pisses off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

From a business standpoint, he just made a dumb move.

East TN. He more likely just made a brilliant business move. The free publicity that the next democrat nominee gets he gets will be worth a lot more than the two people in his area that he pisses off.

I don't think a lot of members of this site has been paying attention the last few election cycles.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
His store his rules? Doesn't bother me in the least.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I support him and I hope he can ride the storm out...
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bullshit! That dog  just don't hunt. Any book that states attraction isn't a choice was written by someone with an agenda. We have ultimate mental control over our choices, and sexual attraction is an emotional & physical choice. You are about to read why your theory just went to shit, along with that of all the books you've read, and have been written on the subject.

View Quote

That makes no fucking sense at all. Are you trying to lose an argument here?

You are? Bravo.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:08:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Jesus sure as fuck wouldn't let some decision from the Sanhedrin define his sense of morality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister,

I have to wonder if Jesus would let gays in his hardware store?

What do you think?

Jesus sure as fuck wouldn't let some decision from the Sanhedrin define his sense of morality.
That wasn't the question.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:10:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Find me any Bible verse which tells Christians to refuse to do business with any sinners, especially homosexuals. Feel free to use Google, Bing, or whatever search engine you wish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/

Not for too much longer.

Even if he is fined or put in jailed for his convictions, he will still have more honor than those who tried to force him to compromise his belief.

Find me any Bible verse which tells Christians to refuse to do business with any sinners, especially homosexuals. Feel free to use Google, Bing, or whatever search engine you wish.

I'll bet many here would be shocked to know there is a verse in the Bible stating that Jesus repented.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why do I "have to know" he's gay?  

For the record, the first and last time I let some extremely sketchy gal in "just to make a phone call", she talked for two seconds on the phone and then hung up.  She spent the majority of her time eyeballing the contents of our living room, while a carload of her friends waited parked out front.  Several years ago.  Looks like I failed that criminal interview.

Never Again.

Yet another Quality Citizen came to my front door a few weeks back, having an apparent domestic with her bald headed boyfriend.  It wasn't necessary to reject this woman in need, because she did a U turn when my hunting dogs came unglued wanting a piece of her and her SO, through my picture window.  Cops came in about 3 mins. flat. EDIT:  Um, not like that.

Anyone I don't know who wants in my house for any reason, aint getting in.  I will call the cops to come get them, tho.  People who kick in my front door will be shot in a sensitive, caring manner, with my .45

I only open my front door for friends, family, girl scouts selling cookies and Mormons. because 14er
View Quote

Truth be told, if I lived in California, I wouldn't even let anyone through the front door -- especially girl scouts because -- being California -- they're probably not really girls.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I was wondering the same thing how he justifies that as a Baptist Minister? Being Christian does not make you anti-gay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/

His sign has somewhere between jack and shit to do with Christianity.

Well I was wondering the same thing how he justifies that as a Baptist Minister? Being Christian does not make you anti-gay.

I used to think that but the recent threads in GD have pretty much proven otherwise.

Of course in GD that is the main requirement for being a Christian so I'm not sure what that means.

I particularly like the many posts on "repenting" because it's so obvious that GD is full of repentant sinners that go and sin no more. But if they do they are sorry about it. That's why it's so wholesome.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if Jesus would let thieves in his house to sit down and plan a robbery?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:40:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Grainger County, huh?  I know lots of great people there.  I also know many closed-minded folks.

I'm about 99% sure this is in reaction to the government forcing a person to do something and, like the gay agenda, has little to do with gays.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:47:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder if Jesus would let thieves in his house to sit down and plan a robbery?
View Quote

Well, he did let Judas give him the kiss of death.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't post much on this site and have posted only a few times on this subject, but being an openly homosexual member here I would be happy to shop elsewhere and could care less the Pastor/Owner's rule. As sexuality can be a complex subject however, I do have some questions regarding his definition of 'gay'

-Does 'gay' in his mind signify acting on same sex attraction, or simply having same sex attraction when the customer for religious reasons or otherwise has never had a homosexual experience or sought one ? How many encounters in the customer's life would make him/her gay (i.e. what about Bisexuals ?) Does fooling around in high school or college (happens  quite often) but later engaging in only hetero relationships earn an ejection from the premises ?

-What about customers who may be domestic partners and in love; but for medical, physiological etc reasons do not have a sexual relationship. Are they good to shop ?

-What about an androgynous, hipster male customer for example passing through the area who is straight or asexual but promptly removed by the owner for 'looking gay' ?
(As a lifelong musician I've known several effeminate male musicians who are completely hetero and supreme cunt-hounds !)

-What about the few longtime customers that will likely never return. He will assume that the male customers in this group were 'atheists' or for some reason sympathetic to gays, not at all realizing that despite their very masculine demeanor and regular -good old boy' attitudes they were actually gay themselves. (This would be me for example, as I'm considered a 'racist, bigot, and self-hating gay' by my family and some fellow musicians due to my my extreme conservative beliefs on most topics.) Of course, they may even support the owner and continue to shop there. (Concealed means concealed and all))

The owner may wish to consider the above hypothetical scenarios and others that may arise before strict implementation of his stated decree as it could open an even bigger can of worms (wish I'm quite sure he would rather have opened by his customers once they reach their favorite fishing hole LOL)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:50:51 AM EDT
[#15]
This is always a good question when any kind of broad statement is made.

How different from you does someone have to be before you decide you are against them?
Does being different from you mean they are against you, so it is retaliatory ?

As the poster above asks, how 'gay' do you have to be before he shop owner is against them?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:11:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Adulterers and fornicators generally do not announce their sins from the rooftops, or sue people who aren't accepting of them, so he really doesn't need to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if there are any other types of sinners that his religion prohibits him from selling goods to?

Or is he in some gay-specific religion?

Adulterers and fornicators generally do not announce their sins from the rooftops, or sue people who aren't accepting of them, so he really doesn't need to.

Not sure if you are serious but you are telling me that you have never read any mentions of sex outside of marriage,oral sex and so forth on Arf? Really?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:26:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't post much on this site and have posted only a few times on this subject, but being an openly homosexual member here I would be happy to shop elsewhere and could care less the Pastor/Owner's rule. As sexuality can be a complex subject however, I do have some questions regarding his definition of 'gay'

-Does 'gay' in his mind signify acting on same sex attraction, or simply having same sex attraction when the customer for religious reasons or otherwise has never had a homosexual experience or sought one ? How many encounters in the customer's life would make him/her gay (i.e. what about Bisexuals ?) Does fooling around in high school or college (happens  quite often) but later engaging in only hetero relationships earn an ejection from the premises ?

-What about customers who may be domestic partners and in love; but for medical, physiological etc reasons do not have a sexual relationship. Are they good to shop ?

-What about an androgynous, hipster male customer for example passing through the area who is straight or asexual but promptly removed by the owner for 'looking gay' ?
(As a lifelong musician I've known several effeminate male musicians who are completely hetero and supreme cunt-hounds !)

-What about the few longtime customers that will likely never return. He will assume that the male customers in this group were 'atheists' or for some reason sympathetic to gays, not at all realizing that despite their very masculine demeanor and regular -good old boy' attitudes they were actually gay themselves. (This would be me for example, as I'm considered a 'racist, bigot, and self-hating gay' by my family and some fellow musicians due to my my extreme conservative beliefs on most topics.) Of course, they may even support the owner and continue to shop there. (Concealed means concealed and all))

The owner may wish to consider the above hypothetical scenarios and others that may arise before strict implementation of his stated decree as it could open an even bigger can of worms (wish I'm quite sure he would rather have opened by his customers once they reach their favorite fishing hole LOL)
View Quote

I know an older guy(maybe late 40's) that was super swishy and huge into theater, to the point he directed a few theater programs and was involved in some big name stuff. I would have sworn he was gay, but he up and got married and has a kid now. I'm pretty sure it's not a beard, as he has a column in a state paper back home and he's discussed some topics in a manner that has convinced me he's straight.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:35:36 AM EDT
[#18]
What an asshole.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't lecture me on Christ. My beliefs, my religion as I see fit, that's between me and God.

Homo is wrong and I cannot be forced to accept it into my house or business or property.

This is still the USA.

Not a homo supporter, but wouldn't a Christian -- in the true spirit of Christianity -- welcome anyone into their home?

A Christian wouldn't welcome the devil in their home. In many beliefs sinners are enticed by the devil to commit their acts of sin, that's tantamount to allowing the devil into their home, community, etc... Once again another argument that doesn't hold water. I'm not even a religious person and I support their right to choose who they serve. This is not about race, this is about immoral pleasure, and sexual deviance.

We all get riled up when people start fucking with our 2A rights, why do many of you disparage Christians because they feel their 1A rights are being infringed upon?

Last time I checked, two guys taking the Hershey highway, or two girls having a clam bake, isn't a right protected by our Constitution.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...

You do know that phrase isn't from the Constitution...... right?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:54:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A Christian wouldn't welcome the devil in their home. In many beliefs sinners are enticed by the devil to commit their acts of sin, that's tantamount to allowing the devil into their home, community, etc... Once again another argument that doesn't hold water. I'm not even a religious person and I support their right to choose who they serve. This is not about race, this is about immoral pleasure, and sexual deviance.

We all get riled up when people start fucking with our 2A rights, why do many of you disparage Christians because they feel their 1A rights are being infringed upon?

Last time I checked, two guys taking the Hershey highway, or two girls having a clam bake, isn't a right protected by our Constitution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

You should check again, right between the 8th and the 10th Amendments there's something most folks don't seem to grasp.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:31:35 AM EDT
[#21]
100% ok with this.

Do I agree? No, but I believe a private business can discriminate whoever they want.

Let the market decide.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It won't end well for the country during the next campaign season. All the people that think or hope that there is a backlash and a swelling of opposition are going to find out that all the blowhards yapping on the media right now are basically proving what the media has said about the republicans all along.

That's all that will be remembered. Unless the economy totally falls apart by then but the republicans will be blamed for that, after all, they have the majority. Of course they've green stamped obamas policies so I guess the blame will pretty much be justified.

But go ahead. Enjoy your moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eh, think he's stupid to turn down business, but I think it should be his right to do so.

I agree, unfortunately I don't think this will end well for him.

It won't end well for the country during the next campaign season. All the people that think or hope that there is a backlash and a swelling of opposition are going to find out that all the blowhards yapping on the media right now are basically proving what the media has said about the republicans all along.

That's all that will be remembered. Unless the economy totally falls apart by then but the republicans will be blamed for that, after all, they have the majority. Of course they've green stamped obamas policies so I guess the blame will pretty much be justified.

But go ahead. Enjoy your moment.

What in the blue fuck are you talking about?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Eh, think he's stupid to turn down business, but I think it should be his right to do so.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I always get a good morning laugh in GD.    Those here whining it violates the gay rights, are the first to cry the no guns allowed signs on businesses violate their rights.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I always get a good morning laugh in GD.    Those here whining it violates the gay rights, are the first to cry the no guns allowed signs on businesses violate their rights.

http://www.2acheck.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/No-Guns-Sign.jpg
View Quote

So?  At least their positions are logically consistent, if perhaps misguided.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'll bet many here would be shocked to know there is a verse in the Bible stating that Jesus repented.
View Quote

Not at all.....Genesis 6:6- And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repents me that I have made them.8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Guys, this is Grainger County TN we're talking here

There's nothing there

If anything, this guy's sales go through the roof from the publicity to other towns around his place

I wouldn't do business this way; but Grainger Co Tn is not the rest of the US
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not at all.....Genesis 6:6- And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repents me that I have made them.8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's referring to the interpretation Charles Weller (among others,) has of Matthew 3:11 et seq.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.
View Quote

'13er and Canadian, no one cares what you think.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I hope he stands his ground. His business his rules.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#31]
This thread has shown me too many on ARFCOM are more concerned with their purses, than their morality.  I for one am sick of having their agenda waved in my face, and being told what they think a Christian is or is not.  The God I believe in destroyed Sodom, felled the walls of Jericho, brought down the Tower of Babel, and scattered the people to all corners of the globe.  He can be a mean SOB when he wants to.  Ask a parent who has buried a child.  
I love how people believe in an All Powerful God, but treat him like Genie from Aladin.  The all powerful creator that can do anything he wants, he created us and everything around us, and we put limitations on him.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This thread has shown me too many on ARFCOM are more concerned with their purses, than their morality.  I for one am sick of having their agenda waved in my face, and being told what they think a Christian is or is not.  The God I believe in destroyed Sodom, felled the walls of Jericho, brought down the Tower of Babel, and scattered the people to all corners of the globe.  He can be a mean SOB when he wants to.  Ask a parent who has buried a child.  
I love how people believe in an All Powerful God, but treat him like Genie from Aladin.  The all powerful creator that can do anything he wants, he created us and everything around us, and we put limitations on him.
View Quote

Unfortunately, this is far to common in today's world. Some Christians have this idea that God owes them a happy life and they have no sense of brokenness and dependence on him. I have mix feelings about this store owner. Selling something to a gay person in much different than attending a gay wedding ceremony and celebrating the sin of homosexuality. While we should hate the sin, we need to have compassion for sinners and pray that the power of the Holy Spirit will work within them, lead them to repentance, and change their heart.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
From a business standpoint, he just made a dumb move.
View Quote

That depends on his community and local support levels.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
But I am not wrong. It would be the state that is wrong. Read what I posted again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is still the USA.

Depending on your state,  you could be wrong on the one in red.

But I am not wrong. It would be the state that is wrong. Read what I posted again.

you said you cannot be forced to accept gays into your business

public accommodation laws mean you can be forced to accept quite a bit into your business

http://kchr.ky.gov/reports/Documents/Posters/PublicAccommodation_Poster.pdf

It looks like Kentucky doesn't include orientation, gratz.  Texas doesn't either.  

If you decide you don't want to serve anyone on that list,  the government WILL force you to or force you to close.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is still the USA.
View Quote

That's fine, as long as you extend the same courtesy to those who do not believe as you do.

Do you, or do you condemn and rail against them?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
His store his rules? Doesn't bother me in the least.
View Quote

Yep.

I wouldn't do it because it doesn't reflect Chist heart. And the gays money is just as good as some strait guy or gal. We are all sinners. Is he going to ask everyone that comes in is they are in an adulterous relationship? What about liers? Can they shop at his store? Has the minister himself ever sinned?

While I support his freedom of speech and the right to refuse anyone, I think his responce to the resent court ruling is off and this will backfire on him. JMHO.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.

This.  Unwanted commentary from the B-Teamers of the World
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You really wouldn't want to live in town where every business had preconditions on who can enter on things so asinine as race, gender, or orientation.

It sounds great on face value because you've never lived in a society like that. And I highly doubt you would want to.

View Quote

As bad as it sounds, freedom is always best.  The market would sort out the assholes quick enough and those that had restrictive policies that made economic sense would benefit.
It might be not be pleasant, but it would be free.  I don't ask for anything else.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

As bad as it sounds, freedom is always best.  The market would sort out the assholes quick enough and those that had restrictive policies that made economic sense would benefit.
It might be not be pleasant, but it would be free.  I don't ask for anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really wouldn't want to live in town where every business had preconditions on who can enter on things so asinine as race, gender, or orientation.

It sounds great on face value because you've never lived in a society like that. And I highly doubt you would want to.

Sadly, freedom is something that only very few understand. Unless it's their brand.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bullshit! That dog  just don't hunt. Any book that states attraction isn't a choice was written by someone with an agenda. We have ultimate mental control over our choices, and sexual attraction is an emotional & physical choice. You are about to read why your theory just went to shit, along with that of all the books you've read, and have been written on the subject. Here goes, using your logic; A pedophile cannot control their choice to have sex with children, so I guess that's alright because sexual attraction isn't a choice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The two are not comparable. There is a difference between being singled out by the color you are born with, and the conscious choice of who you fuck, and what sex you choose to be. How homosexuality can be considered a civil right is so beyond fucked up it makes you realize how far we have morally fallen as a society. How can one man fucking another man in the ass be a protected class? Let me answer that for you, it shouldn't be. Now, those that openly protest homosexuality as an affront to their religion, will cause them to be classified as bigots, and hate mongers. Objecting to homosexuality will result in far reaching consequences that will result in social, civil, and possibly even criminal retaliation. The SCOTUS has just taken the First Amendment of The United States Constitution, and shit on it.

Read a book. Sexual attraction isn't a choice. I guess you can decide to have sex or not, but the number of straight sexual sinners coming into that store beats the gays at least 10 to 1.

Would celibate gays be ok?

Bullshit! That dog  just don't hunt. Any book that states attraction isn't a choice was written by someone with an agenda. We have ultimate mental control over our choices, and sexual attraction is an emotional & physical choice. You are about to read why your theory just went to shit, along with that of all the books you've read, and have been written on the subject. Here goes, using your logic; A pedophile cannot control their choice to have sex with children, so I guess that's alright because sexual attraction isn't a choice.

Sigh. No, it's called science. There have been a lot of research into this. Your ranting doesn't make it not so.

You don't have a choice in being attracted to women, do you? Of course not. If attraction were a choice we could convert gay people into being straight. There are gay people who would give their left arm to be straight. But it doesn't work that way. It is hardwired into our brains.

Now you are correct we can chose to act on our impulses or attractions or not. But if two people are of legal age and are attracted to each other, who cares what they do? Gays should all remain celibate? Straight people aren't supposed to masturbate, spill their seed, or have sex out side of marriage - but all of them do. Do you condemn them equally as loudly?

Pedophiles can't help their attraction, but yes, they have to not act on it because doing so is the definition of abuse. Gay people aren't abuse anyone. That is the difference.

There is also one other thing to consider, and that is straight people choosing to have gay sex. In fact I am pretty sure that is what the Bible warns us about, especially in Romans. The number of actual gay people is very small. But back then, and in certain cultures today, men engage in gay sex not because they are attracted to men per se, but getting sucked off feels good. Every sexual sin stems from the sin of LUST. But sex can also be an expression of Love.

But again, while one can choose who to have sex with and engage in hedonistic acts (straight and gay), what you are hard wired to be attracted to isn't something you can change. It is also not always binary (either, or). There is some overlap in some people. And with EVERYONE doing sexual sins, there is no reason to think the sins of gays are any worse then yours or mine.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No, the government prohibiting free association at gunpoint led to segregation.  Let's keep the record straight here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

We had that once. It lead to things like segregation. I guess a hardware store isn't life or death, but what if a hospital or a pharmacy denied service to gays, blacks, gun owners, etc? Is it still "their place, their rules"? If you can't rationalize refusing medical treatment of a person, you can't rationalize not selling them a wing nut.

No, the government prohibiting free association at gunpoint led to segregation.  Let's keep the record straight here.

Hahah - and who voted those law makers into power? Why did they pass such laws? It was what a lot of the people wanted.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I am fine with that.
People should be able to conduct business with whoever (or not) they want.
View Quote

I'm not fine with it, but I respect his right to be a retard. I'm never fine with hating people for shit out of their control.

Also, from a "how does this anyone?" standpoint, he fuels the left's opinion of the south as retarded bigots and plays right into their narrative. So, even tho I support his right, I think he's a destructive asshole.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Hahah - and who voted those law makers into power? Why did they pass such laws? It was what a lot of the people wanted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

We had that once. It lead to things like segregation. I guess a hardware store isn't life or death, but what if a hospital or a pharmacy denied service to gays, blacks, gun owners, etc? Is it still "their place, their rules"? If you can't rationalize refusing medical treatment of a person, you can't rationalize not selling them a wing nut.

That's true, but laws were the force at work in the market, not free association. Stores and businesses might have catered to blacks or served them, had they the choice. Not EVERYONE wanted that.

I don't buy your premise that bigotry is the end game of freedom.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Grainger County, huh?  I know lots of great people there.  I also know many closed-minded folks.

I'm about 99% sure this is in reaction to the government forcing a person to do something and, like the gay agenda, has little to do with gays.
View Quote

finally somebody gets it

"Ya see my sign, Bill? That'll show em!"

"Yup. But what homo you trying to keep out? There's that fat kid down the street that acts kinda funny,but...."

"hmmm..Yer probably right..But I gotta make a stand somehow!"

"Here. Let's rewrite that sign to something generally rebellious"

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately it didn't always work that way. Look up citizen's coucils sometime, they basically engaged in economic terrorism where anyone that publically disagreed with the status were immediately fired and had their mortgages called in and credit cut off. It's one thing to disassociate from those you disagree with, but yet another to behave so egregiously your actions create a real chance of violent backlash.

In this case I certainly don't think it rises to that level, but don't assume the entirety of history is the same.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#46]
A bunch of homos are going to flashmob his store.

No, not the black people version of flash mob. The kind where they do gay dances.

He's gonna have a bunch of homos dancing around in tool belts and hard hats.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Attraction does equal action.

When did you make a conscious decision that you are a heterosexual male attracted to brunettes with small tits & a large ass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attraction does equal action.

When did you make a conscious decision that you are a heterosexual male attracted to brunettes with small tits & a large ass?

Did I miss OnlytheTip's answer?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A bunch of homos are going to flashmob his store.

No, not the black people version of flash mob. The kind where they do gay dances.

He's gonna have a bunch of homos dancing around in tool belts and hard hats.

View Quote

I didn't realize the Village People were still together and touring
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's true, but laws were the force at work in the market, not free association. Stores and businesses might have catered to blacks or served them, had they the choice. Not EVERYONE wanted that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

I am not saying that. I am saying I am for anti-discrimination laws. If everyone was cool with one another, we wouldn't need them.

I think it is bullshit some people are trying to paint segregation as some evil scheme of the government. It was the status quo for a long time unofficially. Laws were  passed to keep it that way.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Good for him.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top