Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have also heard that this was an American thing and that rape and hard time was rare in European countries and also Canada.

A lot less African-American prisoners over there.

Are you implying that prison rape is an African American thing?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I work with a foreign dude, I haven't figured out exactly where he's from.
One of the EuroStans but I'm not sure. (I think he's a hadji)

On a job a couple of weeks ago, I put my arm around his shoulders to give him a little "friendly" advice because he was fucking up.
The dude flipped out.

I found out later from one of his buddies that he had been raped in Lebanese jail.

Now, the last thing I wanted was to give somebody a man-rape flashback but since he's an asshole, he get's called "Bunky" whenever I see him.
I don't think he's figured it out.

That's a serious level of fucked up right there.  Do you mock raped women as well?  
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have also heard that this was an American thing and that rape and hard time was rare in European countries and also Canada.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think we should eliminate the whole concept of prisons entirely, and instead we should just banish felons from society permanently.

How we should do this is find a sizable island in the Pacific someplace, and just dump the convicts there.  The place should be big enough to hold a few million people, and should have enough potential cropland that they could grow their own food so they wouldn't starve.  But other than that, their survival would depend entirely on them.

We patrol the surrounding waters with Navy ships to make sure no one ever gets off, and that's it.

Aside from the ships, which are already in the Navy budget anyway, it doesn't cost us one dime to incarcerate these people.  And no more arguments about death penalty either - they're just banished forever.

I had the same idea except that it would be one of the coastal islands off California; like Catalina.  One thought was in order to conform with current law is that there would be a command post for the infirmery, prison staff etc. so prisoners could be offered  necessary treatment (its the law), a fenced in area with cots and then it would be open to the rest of the island.  Prisoners would be free to stay within the CP where they are offered some measure of security (for those that need it) and the rest may roam freely as they wish like a permanent yard time.  Instead of crops I offered MREs (minus the candy and other unnecessary stuff).
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd more like to know what GDs obsession is with prison rape.
They seem to wish it on people.
It is a horrible, horrible thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you implying that prison rape is an African American thing?

He might be, but the truth is African American's don't live anywhere but America. You see, we gave them that name because it became politically incorrect to call them black people.

Irish people who move here are Irish, Mexicans are Mexicans. Africans can't be African though, we have to add an extra word to make ourselves feel good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I believe that was done once and created Australia and French Guyana.

Sounds like it was done twice, then.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I believe that was done once and created Australia and French Guyana.

Sounds like it was done twice, then.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]

That's a serious level of fucked up right there. Do you mock raped women as well?

No.

He's an asshole, for the reasons mentioned and some not.
How's your cornhole, "Infidel"?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1

I don't care about the hard core criminals, but those in society who get sent to the same prison system for comparative non-issues (i.e., a gun owner who accidentally breaks a gun law, someone who makes an honest mistake, etc.) suffer a fate almost worse than death.

We have such a screwed up system that it's nothing short of a crime itself. It treats everyone the same. The career dirtbag criminals, rapists, etc. thrive effortlessly in the same system that the near-innocent suffer horribly in. It ends up being practically a non-issue for the worst of prisoners and total hell for those that are the comparative best. When you combine that with the fact that we have a higher percentage of our population in prison than any nation in the world (including dictatorships like China), the huge recidivism/low rehabilitation rates, you gotta start to wonder if we're doing this right.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Only if there is no Jiff or skippy around
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Worried?

Or excited?

omg i am so glad my mouth wasnt full.

Full of what?

rofl
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]
My buddy works in a prison for the past 12 years, and yes it does happen. But, it's not always "rape" some guys go along with it for protection and other reasons.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would bet woman get raped more then men, by guards and such.

Another young woman drinks the "4 out of 3 women will be raped" kool-aid.
LE is paranoid about even the allegation of sexual assualt.
In my dept, a male officer can not even be alone with a female being questioned.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In my dept, a male officer can not even be alone with a female being questioned.

You got out of school?

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I don't care about the hard core criminals, but those in society who get sent to the same prison system for comparative non-issues (i.e., a gun owner who accidentally breaks a gun law, someone who makes an honest mistake, etc.) suffer a fate almost worse than death.

We have such a screwed up system that it's nothing short of a crime itself. It treats everyone the same. The career dirtbag criminals, rapists, etc. thrive effortlessly in the same system that the near-innocent suffer horribly in. It ends up being practically a non-issue for the worst of prisoners and total hell for those that are the comparative best. When you combine that with the fact that we have a higher percentage of our population in prison than any nation in the world (including dictatorships like China), the huge recidivism/low rehabilitation rates, you gotta start to wonder if we're doing this right.

True. Like I said my buddy works in the prison system. The hard core prey on the guys in for petty crime. He had one guy in who lost his job and was sent in for not paying child support. He was the victim in the system. Due to over population he and others like him are mixed in with Gang Bangers (like MS13) when they should not be.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My buddy works in a prison for the past 12 years, and yes it does happen. But, it's not always "rape" some guys go along with it for protection and other reasons.

That's so ironic.  Protection from what?  If you're getting raped for 5 years then how do you live a normal life on the outside.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#18]
only problem is I didn't understand a word of it... some1 explain?

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had another guy whose hose for his colostomy bag kept coming out of his side....when the nurse asked him why it kept coming out, he replied "cuz of sex." At first, she didn't believe him, and said "That's not possible, you're sewn up down there" but then she realized that 'down there' wasn't the point of entry.

Ok, you win.  You win the prize for nastiest prison sex story ever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You make some good points.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
img59.imageshack.us/img59/7967/prisonrapewd6.jpg

Now that's sum damn funny shit right there. Grade A comedy gold.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I currently work in a womens prison.....To say that the inmates get raped by the guards is EXTREMELY offensive. We had one case a few years back where a guard got intimate with an inmate and it was finally discovered.

If a guard has a sexual relation with an inmate, they are facing 5 years in prison. She, the inmate, testified against him and he was just about on his way to prison, all that was left was the sentencing. She sued the state for forcing her into the situation* but because of her timing, the criminal case was thrown out, as was her civil case, due to the fact that the only real evidence they had was her testimony and it was unsure if it really happened or if she was in it for the money.

*years ago, a female inmate won $300,000 for the same situation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got out of school?

Grad-e-ated and became real police.
Well...real police trainee.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
only problem is I didn't understand a word of it... some1 explain?

Quoted:

Quoted:
Had another guy whose hose for his colostomy bag kept coming out of his side....when the nurse asked him why it kept coming out, he replied "cuz of sex." At first, she didn't believe him, and said "That's not possible, you're sewn up down there" but then she realized that 'down there' wasn't the point of entry.

Ok, you win.  You win the prize for nastiest prison sex story ever.

He was getting fucked in the hole in the side of his stomach
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You got out of school?

Grad-e-ated and became real police.
Well...real police trainee.

Way to go!

Are you with a municipality, county or what?

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I know a lot of people, lots of family, that have been in prisons. Uncle pulled 7 years for shooting a man off his porch for trying to kill him earlier that day over a woman.

Dad did time for tax evasion (failure to withhold from employees).

My brother has spent more time in jail and prison than out.

Several older friends have been in and out for doing stupid things when young.

One of my dads old buddies went in when I was 12 for killing the man who was porking his wife, I'm 29 now and he got out a few months back.

Several of my instructors are retired BoP and state corrections officers.

The variable here is location and culture.

For example, federal prison in ashland kentucky was more like a vacation in the opinions of both CO's and convicts I spoke to, very little violence at all, some even got to go fishing.

At the state medium security prisons they claim the culture is one were 99% of prisoners and guards do not "abide forcible faggotry" and enforce such with violence.

That said, one witnessed a rape of a very young guy by a pair of blacks before he could intervene, one that was not so much forcible as coercive, he was just too scared to fight them and submitted, they claim if he had fought at all they would have passed him over for an easier target.

The key is to be honest and forthright, never say you'll do something you cant or wont do. Speak the truth and stand by it.

Almost all sex was consentual or forced by hollow threats that wouldnt materialize if the subject would not display fearful submission.

Now those who were in prisons largely populated by urban scum tell the classic tale of gang violence and rape etc.

Its the larger culture of the prison population that dictates this, if most are drawn from inner city slums with heavy gang populations then rape may well be a more common occurence, the presence or lack of an unspoken code of honor is really the determining factor.

According to almost all ive talked to, rapists and victimizers of the truly helpless (elderly, children, the infirm etc) are scorned and contained by the larger population because essentially the larger pop are just normal people who broke laws and not psychotic sadists, and look upon such fools as predators that must be thwarted for everyones benefit.

Again, its culture, if your prison is dominated by black/asian gangs and the aaryan brotherhood then yeah a higher instance of rape will be present. If its majority are normal people and "career" criminals who see doing time as the inevitable cost of business (drugs, smugglers, etc) then rape will be less or usually almost non-existant.

Anyone ever been in county lockup for petty asshatery? Simply multiply that experience an order of magnitude....those who have can clearly surmise/extrapolate that the scourge of epidemic butt rape is largely imagined.

Most "rape" in prison is prostitution or the scum preying on the hollywood fears of the mentally inept or young.

Oh and trying to be a badass to stave off rape, at least in the prevailing culture of those i've spoken to, is a recipe for injury and death. Most do not want to make their time any harder or longer or get transferred to a worse facility for rape and fighting. But the code demands challenges and blows be answered in kind, so randomly attacking a big guy for no apparent reason just to show you're not a pussy to be fucked only results in a shank in the back at a later date, and a reputation for being a hotheaded fool no one wants to be around or help because you bring heat down on them with your actions.

In the larger urban type culture perhaps it works or is required, but thats largely a data set I lack access to.

And thats all i have to say about that.

(life is like a box of post rape shit-nuggets...er uh choclate I mean)
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I worked with a con on work release he said blood on my knife or shit on my dick

you are still here so I guess you took the second choice?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Yes, but if that bear has been in prison he has no control over where he shits.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

the catcher is yellow , you mean asians are in higher demand than white folk?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the catcher is yellow , you mean asians are in higher demand than white folk?

I'm pretty sure it's Mr. Bill
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#30]
OH NOOOOO!!!

hahaha
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if the bear was on a treadmill with explosive diarrhea... Would it take off?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I worked with a con on work release he said blood on my knife or shit on my dick

That was from Shawshank redemption...

American Me
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was from Shawshank redemption...

American Me

K, beat my movie by 2 years...but I never saw that one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That's a serious level of fucked up right there. Do you mock raped women as well?

No.

And what do you call someone who mocks a rape victim?

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes.

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#36]
My GF is a nurse at a local county jail. It happens all the time, more than you would even think. Many men wont EVER admit to it, but come to the medical housing unit to seek treatment for injury or STDs.. Its nasty shit. I could tell you many fucked up stories she had told.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:45:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if the bear was on a treadmill with explosive diarrhea... Would it take off?

No, you get shit all over the tread and lose traction. No traction = No fly
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

And what do you call someone who mocks a rape victim?

Is that a rhetorical question?

You're a little thenthitive about this, Franthith.
Want a backrub?
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes it does happen

And it may not be a Black guy doing it either

Here are your other two choices

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#40]

I was unaware there were people who thought the prison system was working correctly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#41]
That is one of those things that "I believe," and HAVE NO INTEREST IN FINDING OUT IF IT IS TRUE!
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:44:05 AM EDT
[#42]
UFC fouls (or in this case, tips?)

Fouls:
1.   Butting with the head.
2.   Eye gouging of any kind.
3.   Biting.
4.   Hair pulling.
5.   Fish hooking.
6.   Groin attacks of any kind.
7.   Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
8.   Small joint manipulation.
9.   Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
10. Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
11. Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
12. Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
13. Grabbing the clavicle.
14. Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
15. Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
16. Stomping a grounded opponent.
17. Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
18. Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
19. Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
20. Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
21. Spitting at an opponent.
22. Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
23. Holding the ropes or the fence.
24. Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
25. Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
26. Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
27. Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
28. Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
29. Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
30. Interference by the corner.
31. Throwing in the towel during competition.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I hear jokes about it all the time, but I want to hear from guys who have worked in prisons... is it really a common occurrence?

I'm sure it happens sometimes, but does everybody in prison have to watch out for their cornhole or is it just something that's blown out of proportion?

It happens.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 2:49:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I worked in 2 state prisons in ohio and say that most "rapes" were consential. most were you do me and i do you. one guy gets his then the other refuses to give back so the other guy claims he was raped. happened all the time. out of 4 yrs and 2 prisons i only saw one incident of actual rape. Even had a case of son and dad in same cell and daddy was caught giving son a hummer.

I don't believe that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:06:48 AM EDT
[#45]
It happens in the juvenile system as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:30:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Someone is masterbating to this thread,I just know it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#47]
In prison....

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:29:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I worked as a CO at a med/max state facility, there seemed to be enough willing partners such that few forcible acts occurred (that we knew of).

I will agree with above. Lots of guys/gals willing to give it up freely so that rape isn't happening all the time. But it does happen. In my 3 years working in Corrections only a handful of rapes and sexual assaults that I was aware of.    

In theory that may be true, as far as Texas goes there is no such thing as consensual sex in prison all are treated as rape, or sexual assault.

Well its not a theory its kinda a reality in my experiences. All sexual activity will send you to the hole consensual or not. If its forcible you will be street charged as well.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Yes it does happen

And it may not be a Black guy doing it either

Here are your other two choices

www.menithings.com/images/news/PerlmanTejo.jpg

Psssssst.......... hey, you? Guess what? It's largely a black on white prison crime.

Yeah, it is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 7:10:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
small town armed robbery, we went to high school with this guy. sentenced to 10 ? years at stillwater state prison, 3 black men put him face down in a trash can, and then took turns on him. between the muti-rape, and asperating on the garbage, his mother pleaded with the judge to help get him help... he did get out early, but relocated because of local small town gossip...  shit happens!

Suck that it happened to him, but if he hadn't committed armed robbery, it never would have happened.

"Why does this rifle keep doubling and why are those nice policemen coming this way?"

Nasty divorce:  "And he was touching the children 'down there'."

"She was at a college party!  How was I supposed to know she wasn't old enough??"

Or you're minding your own damn business on your own property, whacko neighbor tries to run you down with her Suburban, calls the cops, cop who shows up is her nephew, she lies and says you threatened her - even though you 1) didn't even speak, and 2) had a good witness to the whole damn thing who also said you didn't do anything wrong.

Easy enough to get taken down to the county lockup. Hope you got enough bail money set aside in CASH ONLY so you don't have to stay the weekend in General Population until your wife can get to the bank to withdraw that bail money.

(this happened to me, but luckily I had bail money and a good lawyer, else I'd have spent the weekend in General Pop being messed with).

You'd be AMAZED what a little small town corruption and a crazy neighbor can do to get your ass hauled off to the lockup.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top