Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to get out of Illinois... or at the very least, out of Cook County.

It was fun when I moved here 30+ years ago, but not anymore.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck no.

I like our property, and our house. Neighbors are fine too...but the surrounding area you have to navigate through? Fuck that noise.

Panhandlers on the streetcorners, traffic populated by a high percentage of fucking idiots that learned how to drive via video games, no fucking places to shoot without traveling for hours, no normal cap mags unless grandfathered in, complete fucking criminals for representatives (voted in by more complete fucking idiots that are manipulated by master propagandists), "multiculturalism", blah fucking blah.

Out of here in 1.5 years, going to travel for a few years, then find a place in a free state with lower population, then keep traveling on and off until we croak.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
*in my Whitney Houston voice* Hell to the Naw...

I hate this state....I always have...And I am gonna get out of here as soon as humanely possible.  At this point, I don't care where I go as long as it isn't here...(Except for the east coast and the south, don't ever wanna do that *lol*)
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Been in the Austin area 30 years and am ready to GTFO. The wife and I are pinching pennies so we can move in June after the school year ends.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The only reason that I'm living here now is because of my job.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep!  

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I hate this state....I always have...And I am gonna get out of here as soon as humanely possible.  At this point, I don't care where I go as long as it isn't here...(Except for the east coast and the south, don't ever wanna do that *lol*)
View Quote

I have said it before, we have banks here
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes to state; no to area.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#9]
im happy where i am..... but, if someone offered me a homestead in the place of my choice. id probably pick washing state. i loved it there when i was at ft lewis. i really dont like hot weather, and washington state fit me pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I love living in PA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I left Maryland a year ago and moved to Virginia and so far I'm pretty happy about it.  While not perfect, VA is so much better than that cesspool of liberalism on the opposite shore of the Potomac.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Country life is great.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep!  

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/user/carpdiver/media/AerilaofIsland.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm291/carpdiver/AerilaofIsland.jpg</a>
View Quote

Another great one.  

I'm indecisive when it comes to beach or mountains...which is why I just visit both.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No.  Fuck Dallas.
View Quote

Seriously, I don't know how you can drive on those roads on  a daily basis. When I visited there for a few short days I learned one lesson very quickly. When you are taking an on ramp, act as if the light on the drag strip just turned green and floor it. The speed limit is like 70 but the avg speed of traffic is closer to 95

The only other place I would consider moving to would be Miami or New Orleans (lived there previously and I live hour away from NOLA).  Realistically, I would like to move about 15 minutes south of my current place. It would put me 10-15 minutes from my closest office and about 40 minutes away from my other office.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm mostly happy in NOLA, but sometimes I consider moving back to either Austin or to North Central FL.
View Quote

Ocala?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Geographically yes. Size of house, no.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I sleep in my car in the company parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Except for the 9 months of winter yes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it time to upgrade to a van down by the river?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I do now...
Just a few miles from the beaches in sunny southern Florida...

However after retirement in a few more years my address will be,
Where ever the wind takes me.
On a sailboat, Caribbean sea...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Buy a used fema trailer
2. park in your work's parking lot
3. profit!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#23]
No.  I hate AZ and I am counting the days until I can GTFO.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#24]
No.  I want to live in NE OR.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, a "yes" then?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I  like VA but its going down the toilet faster then I thought possible . im planning on moving back to SC in the late spring or early summer 2015 ...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I say "sort of"

grew up out in the country
bought a house closer to town
about 2 hours into owning the house I regretted moving closer to town
regretted moving ever since

otherwise I am happy living in a small town
I have been all over the place but I like where I am
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I live in Hobbs, New Mexico so my answer is FUCK NO!!!
Problem is that I have a good paying job so I can't afford to leave. And the boss said I have this job as long as I want it.
View Quote

Nipa Hut would be worth it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Nope,

I love Texas for what it offers for work... but when you grew up in the north east... it just doesn't compare.

VT, NH, or even OR, places like that is where I would rather be.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in Hobbs, New Mexico so my answer is FUCK NO!!!
Problem is that I have a good paying job so I can't afford to leave. And the boss said I have this job as long as I want it.

Kind of same deal here, except job pays alright, but not well.  The moment I find a job "back home" that pays as well or better than this one, I'm packing up and gone.  Actually, I started packing a while ago, that's how serious I am about getting outta here.  Just waiting on the right job.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fuck no.

I like our property, and our house. Neighbors are fine too...but the surrounding area you have to navigate through? Fuck that noise.

Panhandlers on the streetcorners, traffic populated by a high percentage of fucking idiots that learned how to drive via video games, no fucking places to shoot without traveling for hours, no normal cap mags unless grandfathered in, complete fucking criminals for representatives (voted in by more complete fucking idiots that are manipulated by master propagandists), "multiculturalism", blah fucking blah.

Out of here in 1.5 years, going to travel for a few years, then find a place in a free state with lower population, then keep traveling on and off until we croak.
View Quote

New York?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#33]
yes i live in walking distance to the gulf of mexico
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm ok in pennsyltucky where I'm at. Problem is that the state may flip totally to the left soon as we are surrounded by liberal hotbeds  with NY, NJ, and MD.
View Quote

That will happen everywhere except for the most isolated areas in the U.S.  

I can live anywhere in the U.S. or Canada and choose to live here.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm right where I want to be, I'm happy in my little corner of Montana. But if I were to leave, I would go back to Nome, AK.
View Quote

"I would have liked to seen Montana."
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm mostly good out in small-town/country south of Dallas. Work in my industry is getting sucky, and I've been around for work, so I might pack up and leave.
The only problem is that I like the cold and mountains of the Intermountain West, and my wife doesn't like the cold at all. She'd go in a heartbeat, but would want to drag her parents along, too, so .
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Love the area, hate the state.  I will be back in the rockies when I retire.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I will in about 6 months.

I will be breaking ground for a large(isn) addition on a house that sits on a couple acres bordering property next to where I grew up. Im living comfortably with my wonderful wife and 2 kids.

Im exactly where I want to be.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#40]
No.

I like Wyoming OK, and I'm glad I live in a state with good gun laws and a very conservative populace but I'd really like to move to Alaska.

Hopefully sometime in the future I'll be able to make a move.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:58:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Alaska has been good to me, but I am getting older and would like to return to Wyoming or maybe Utah.
View Quote

Ha I'll trade you.

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Nope.

Time to go back to Georgia.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Yup nice peaceful area lots of trees/animals.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#45]
No. Wish I was back in Oregon like crazy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Been in the Austin area 30 years and am ready to GTFO. The wife and I are pinching pennies so we can move in June after the school year ends.
View Quote

Where do you want to move to?

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I would love to live in Hawaii or British Columbia.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Mneh.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

May I suggest Indiana?

My sister and nephew are in Indiana, not sure if I'd want to live in the NW part of the state though, it's really an extension of Chicago.

I'd prefer Indianapolis or the part of southern Indiana that is suburban Louisville.

Central PA is another place I'd consider.

But no, I hate IL. Chicago is a nice city but I don't want to live here forever.

Georgia is another place I'd want to live but it's really humid.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Yep. Five acres in Jackson Hole bordering the Bridger Teton National Forest. I've been bowhunting every morning. Here's a picture from the ridge above the house last week during a storm:
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top