User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tried that. Got screwed over.

Asked the wife to buy a revolver for SASS. Worked OT and my 2nd job. Brought home $1600 one week and $2100 the next for 3 months. At the end of those 3 months, checked to see how much we had saved up. It was $154 out of $22,200 that was brought home. Rest was spent on 'bills'(aka shoes & purses).

Had my direct deposit from 2nd job goto a separate account and transfer over as needed. Paid for it next payday.

Don't say shit to her about whatever I buy since then. Want respect? Act respectful.

View Quote

Did you eject?

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
No.  She tells me how much she saved with coupons so I can buy more ammo and guns.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't have to ask but my wife trusts my judgement. I wouldn't buy anything we couldn't afford.
View Quote

That.
I typically talk about why I "need" it first (already having the exact same thing doesn't eliminate need, we have two boys and they deserve to inherit equal stuff), she knows me thinking and talking leads to buying (gun, vehicle).
In these times, with two kids to think of, it is always legitimate to "need" another gun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#4]
My partner doesn't need my permission.  I don't need his either.  We both have our own money and as long as we handle our financial responsibilities first, what we buy with the leftover is our own business.

Now normally we'll discuss it first, but not for "seeking permission" but rather just to talk about what we want to get and why.  Actually the last time he got anything I think he was kinda worried about what I'd say but... I was there with him and pretty much said, "Oh, you want that?  Hey check out this cleaning mat that matches the model!  I'll get you this to go with it!"  And the last time I made a purchase he helped me pick it out.

So no, neither of us need permission, but we do work as a team on it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My partner doesn't need my permission.  I don't need his either.  We both have our own money and as long as we handle our financial responsibilities first, what we buy with the leftover is our own business.

Now normally we'll discuss it first, but not for "seeking permission" but rather just to talk about what we want to get and why.  Actually the last time he got anything I think he was kinda worried about what I'd say but... I was there with him and pretty much said, "Oh, you want that?  Hey check out this cleaning mat that matches the model!  I'll get you this to go with it!"  And the last time I made a purchase he helped me pick it out.

So no, neither of us need permission, but we do work as a team on it.
View Quote

That's badass man.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
......NO
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The only time I think I ever stopped him from buying something (not counting the things he wanted to bounce off me and changed his own mind during the course of conversation) was a built in dvd player thing in the car when our oldest was a toddler.  I thought it was a great idea until I found out it would be ~$1300 which was a significant purchase for us at the time.  You could get the portable ones for ~$100-$200.  

That was over 10 years ago and I like where we are now better------he makes it, he spends it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope. "When do you get that gun" is a phrase Ive heard before.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope, I just don't tell her.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife handles our finances.  I am terrible with money.  

This will be 5 years together and we have one gorgeous son and she's pregnant with our 2nd son.  She shoots matches and owns her own guns that she picked out.  She's also sexy and can skin a deer by herself.  Pics are in botd so proof is out there.  

I do ask but as long as finances permit it all is good.  I've improved my financial standing more in the last 5 years than in the previous 10.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

My wife handles our finances.  I am terrible with money.  

This will be 5 years together and we have one gorgeous son and she's pregnant with our 2nd son.  She shoots matches and owns her own guns that she picked out.  She's also sexy and can skin a deer by herself.  Pics are in botd so proof is out there.  

I do ask but as long as finances permit it all is good.  I've improved my financial standing more in the last 5 years than in the previous 10.
View Quote

It takes a wise man to realize he's bad with money. I can respect that.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I tell her when I'm going to buy ammo, but typically, if I buy gun parts (I have most of the guns I want) the money doesn't come out of our income; it comes from selling guns or gun parts I don't use anymore. I don't ask permission because it won't effect our day to day at all. A couple years ago I sold about $1000 worth of gun parts and told her I was going to use it for a suppressor...I ended up putting that money towards our down payment for our house. She trusts my discretion when it comes to money and knows if there is a dire need, I'll break into my rainy day funds to provide.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, but only because I need her to order it for her generous discount
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes, but only because I need her to order it for her generous discount
View Quote

Details

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck no I don't ask her.

I don't control her money, I ask that she don't control mine. We have a very nice house, she has a new ford edge and we have a sizeable chunk of money in investments for retirement.

We live responsible, but when I want something for the race car, or any other toy, I buy it if we have the funds. We got married when we were in our 30's, so maybe that time on oir own has made us both a bit independent, but its how we roll.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nope, I just don't tell her.
View Quote

This. I make $ that pays the vast majority of the bills. She has a job and pitches in some to cover the rest.

I also do some work that results in a bit of extra cash. That's my gun money.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Interesting responses so far.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't need to ask permission. However for something over say, $500 or so, I let her know. Usually it is funded by me working overtime to cover it.
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I usually do out of courtesy, if I am going to spend $500 i think it's only right to let her know.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top