BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know a dude that tried unsuccessfully to quit smoking and got hypnotized. He never touched another one, and wouldn't go around people smoking.          

It works on some folks.

View Quote

I know a dude who did the same thing and it 'worked', for a few weeks that is. He went back to smoking. If it is supposedly real I don't believe it would 'wear off' after a few weeks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I was partially hypnotized once by a stage hypnotist. It actually put me in an unusually chill mood for a couple months. I don't claim to understand it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes I do. I have hypnotized people. Accidentally.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Just saw a clip the other day of Howie Mandel getting hypnotized on his "America's Got Talent" show. Apparently the guy told Howie (who is a notorious germaphobe and refuses to shake hands for any reason) that everyone he meets would be wearing latex gloves. When Howie "woke up" he shook hands with two of his co-hosts, who were stunned that he did it.

During his interview about it, Howie swore it wasn't a set up, and that he was actually pissed off about it later.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The Texas Rangers have people who are trained in hypnosis
View Quote

They also have people that are trained in other junk science, like polygraphs.

Soon they'll be doing seances and hiring psychic investigators.

Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As a guided meditative state?  Yes.

As in barking like a dog and taking your clothes off, because someone said the trigger word?  Fuck no.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#7]
You will believe in hypontism....
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I did thoroughly enjoy two movies where hypnotism was the basis for the story:

Office Space
and that Kevin Bacon horror movie.
View Quote

Deeper and deeper...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Professor in college hypnotized several students, one of which I knew well. So yes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top