BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As least Kerbin has a space program... Never seen a Kerbal hitching a ride with the Russians to get to their own space station.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats what the gov gets for outsorceing space stuff to planet kerbin.....

As least Kerbin has a space program... Never seen a Kerbal hitching a ride with the Russians to get to their own space station.

true, so this goes out to all the brave kerbals that gave there life on the way to the launch pad, let alone during the launches, orbits, docking, recovery, not to mention the snack break massacres....
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't think the Chicoms or Russians are gonna divulge this kinda of "game changa" capability by blowing up some antique weather bird....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either China or Russia took it out unless it was some malfunction.

I don't think the Chicoms or Russians are gonna divulge this kinda of "game changa" capability by blowing up some antique weather bird....

I don't think the US is going to divulge the full capabilities of that satellite either.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#3]
No, it wasnt under water

Quoted:
has spain claimed the wreckage yet?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm not saying it's aliens....
View Quote
Xhinese are indigenous to Earth, hence NOT aliens.

WWIII has started, did you not get the memo?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Calm down people, reports are coming in that space junk took it out
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either China or Russia took it out unless it was some malfunction.

I know they wouldn't I was just speculating, I also doubt they really do have the capability to do so without us knowing and calling them on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry guys.  My bad.

That laser pointer I got at Deal Extreme was a bit more than the rated 5mW.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It was an old bird, long since declassified, and used by scientists.  

It is obvious that nobody on arfcom can read an article.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It was an old bird, long since declassified, and used by scientists.  

It is obvious that nobody on arfcom can read an article.
View Quote

That's what they want you to believe.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn I thought nobody would find out about my Barrett ND

At least it didnt take out a 767
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#13]
The Govt is shooting down all weather satellites so they can continue to provide false data in support of Climate Change.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry guys.  My bad.

That laser pointer I got at Deal Extreme was a bit more than the rated 5mW.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
best comment

Andy Dickson 29 minutes ago
Before people start prattling about the Chinese, Boeing signed a contract with the DOD recently to help improve the range of the Navy's new laser weapon system. Naturally, you would want to do some target practice, so rather than put up a target, just use an old defunct satellite and burn it. They probably hit it, but did not anticipate how rapidly it would break apart and inadvertently created a debris field. I mean, the heat spike was first reported by a civilian group, but the USAF confirmed. Which means they were actively looking at and monitoring the temperature of a mostly useless satellite at the exact time it happened. Details, people.

View Quote

ZOMG. ..clearly a false flag operation.  Obama will use this for justification to ban laser pointers, hair spray (makes holes in the atmosphere) and give him executive authority to colonize the moon so we can implement more strict interstellar security screening.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Govt is shooting down all weather satellites so they can continue to provide false data in support of Climate Change.
View Quote

boom, there it is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#18]
“While the initial response is complete, JSpOC personnel will continue to assess this event to learn more about what happened and what it will mean for users within this orbit.”
View Quote

Initial response is complete?  What the hell does that mean?

The dude in charge of monitoring it got drunk and called his supervisor?  Looked outside and laughed while he counted shooting stars?  

What the hell is an "initial response" to a fucking satellite falling out of the sky?

Does the staff officer in charge of tracking it just check that block on a clipboard and move on to the next task?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The Christians destroyed satellites too during the Crusades, so it's no big deal...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tom Clancy predicts yet another.....

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1319381380l/382549.jpg

View Quote

Yeah that dude is todays Nostradamus
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#22]
have a diet coke
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
best comment

Before people start prattling about the Chinese, Boeing signed a contract with the DOD recently to help improve the range of the Navy's new laser weapon system. Naturally, you would want to do some target practice, so rather than put up a target, just use an old defunct satellite and burn it. They probably hit it, but did not anticipate how rapidly it would break apart and inadvertently created a debris field. I mean, the heat spike was first reported by a civilian group, but the USAF confirmed. Which means they were actively looking at and monitoring the temperature of a mostly useless satellite at the exact time it happened. Details, people.

View Quote

I'm no expert but that would take a very very powerful lazer and I highly doubt we are there yet technologically.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No, it wasnt under water

View All Quotes
Quoted:
No, it wasnt under water

Quoted:
has spain claimed the wreckage yet?

yet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Aren't there rules about pointing lasers at planes and satellites?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:37:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry guys.  I told my neighbor's kid that shining his hand held laser pointer up in the air was a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Maybe its power supply exploded?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Time to start buying maple syrup futures?
View Quote

Ringo would be proud.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#30]
So when does the Dawn probe go dark?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Day 1

So it begins

Fo time?

I for one welcome our satellite destroying alien overlords

The chair has a long mustache. John is against the wall

Did I miss anything?  

View Quote

Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#32]
All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there. Use them together. Use them in peace.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ringo would be proud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Time to start buying maple syrup futures?

Ringo would be proud.

Nice.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Where is the Mighty Mo?

Are we still in communication with Hawaii?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ah, yes..... The great flying Ho-Ho...
View All Quotes

From not even arguably the worst of all the Star Trek movies and, unfortunately, directed by the late Leonard Nimoy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Germans did it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Launched in 1995 = Not My Problem!!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Calm down people, reports are coming in that space junk took it out
View Quote

step aside, or you and your logic are going to get trampled.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Germans did it.

http://i.imgur.com/u0hGlzS.jpg
View Quote

Those are Russians.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm no expert but that would take a very very powerful lazer and I highly doubt we are there yet technologically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
best comment

Not only that, but orbital debris fields are some seriously bad shit.  The Chinese created one trying out a new anti-sat missile and everyone quickly realized that it's a bad, bad idea.

There's a no-shit possibility of us losing our capability to leave earth as a result of existing debris fields creating more debris via a cascade effect, called the Kessler syndrome.

Kessler Syndrome

Further Reading

People are current researching ways on how to collect the debris, but you're talking about a LOT of stuff, moving in many different directions, at very high rates of speed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#42]
That's no moon...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Everyone of you reading this, tell the world. Tell this to everybody, wherever they are. Watch the skies, everywhere, keep looking. Keep watching the skies.
View Quote

I get it!
Good Movie.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not only that, but orbital debris fields are some seriously bad shit.  The Chinese created one trying out a new anti-sat missile and everyone quickly realized that it's a bad, bad idea.

There's a no-shit possibility of us losing our capability to leave earth as a result of existing debris fields creating more debris via a cascade effect, called the Kessler syndrome.

Kessler Syndrome

Further Reading

People are current researching ways on how to collect the debris, but you're talking about a LOT of stuff, moving in many different directions, at very high rates of speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
best comment

Kessler Syndrome

Further Reading

I say we invest in a giant globe of Play Doh and launch it into space.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Germans did it.

http://i.imgur.com/u0hGlzS.jpg
View Quote

Germans don't shoot Mosin Nagants.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Would be interesting to know EXACTLY where it was in it's orbital path, the time, etc.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:06:15 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm thinking this, Possibly.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
EMP weapon test
View Quote

Laser is more likely given continued comms during the heat spike.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Project Starshine out of Afghanistan?
View Quote

You mean Project Brightstar in Kzerkistan?

I'll send General Bondarenko an e-mail and ask him.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top