Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2015 8:13:10 AM EDT
Crowd unhappy with police shooting career criminal after attempted murder on Boston officer.

As a Boston police officer was being treated for a gunshot to the face Friday night, Superintendent-in-Chief William Gross found himself explaining to a small crowd why officers opened fire on the suspected shooter.

In a YouTube video posted after the incident, Gross is seen offering to “respectfully” explain what happened to a group of bystanders, not seen on camera, who pepper him with occasionally hostile questions.

“Officers did a motor vehicle stop,” Gross explains after waiting for them to quiet down. “As the officer is taking him out the car, he shot the officer in the face, and the officers returned fire. That was it, short and sweet.”

“Y’all don’t have no protocol, any other way?” one young man is heard saying. “You got to shoot somebody?”

Gross interjects: “Did you hear the part where he shot the officer in the face?”

“You’re trained for this though,” says the young man.
View Quote

The moment provides a stark look at the tension between police and the people who live in the neighborhoods they are sworn to protect—especially in the moments after an officer-involved shooting.
View Quote

In the confrontation with the crowd, Gross is asked why the suspect’s body was left out in the street after he was shot. Gross explains that the body needed to stay in place as part of the investigation.

“If the body’s deceased on the scene, it comes under the jurisdiction of the district attorney’s office, and can’t be removed until the district attorney gives his say so with the medical examiner,” Gross said. “While there, we covered the body, via screen, trying to be respectful so that nobody could look in... covered the body, and that’s it.”

Gross is also asked if the suspect was handcuffed after shots were exchanged.

“I don’t know that. I wasn’t here for that,” Gross says.

A young man also says an officer insulted him and that officers put their hands on him and others while moving them around the crime scene. Gross tells him to complain to internal affairs. The questioner, obviously frustrated with the answer, says he wants Gross to help him himself.

The questioner, who seems to know Gross, tells him he’s cutting off whatever relationship they have had in the past.

“Go back to your pigs,” the young man says. “No more diplomacy. When you see me out, no more peace talks, it’s war right now. No more peace talks. You know what it is now.”

Gross tells the questioner he’s had his “15 seconds of fame,” and walks away.
View Quote

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2015/03/29/did-you-hear-the-part-where-shot-the-officer-the-face/ti2sPPfrUHBJckJ3VauoMJ/story.html?p1=feature_pri_hp

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Screen names?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Good shoot! Don't shoot a cop in the face and you may not get killed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:19:17 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
There really is no hope left for that state. Sad, I grew up there, and I like Boston. Which is saying something, because I loathe cities.

Sign of the fucking times I guess.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Almost time in some places.

It's going to be a "HOT"  summer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
He could have just deployed the taser of justice.

Hope the cop makes it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Hostiles are getting frisky.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]
We're fucking doomed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#9]
What a thoroughly insane man.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're fucking doomed.
View Quote

Yet, the media/reporters/movies etc keep pretending that the world shown on that video -- where police have to explain to the mob why they had to shoot a felon who just shot an officer in the face -- does not exist.

Racist language, threats, ignorance, and all accepted as 'normal'.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#11]

I would say the protocol for shooting a cop in the face is shooting the perp. . . like he did. .

Logic?  How do it work?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:29:11 AM EDT
[#12]
He is right about one thing...this has turned into a war. Expect more ambushes...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

When there's no such thing as a "good shoot" and the local dregs think everything is a tragedy, it's going to get steamy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck them. Those chaos seekers can rot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would say the protocol for shooting a cop in the face is shooting the perp. . . like he did. .

Logic?  How do it work?

View Quote

Not well for FBHO voters.....
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:33:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.

Time to make sure the GHB is set up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:34:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hostiles are getting frisky.
View Quote

Leftist media has emboldened them with a false sense of what is "justice". It will only end poorly for them as reality is a cruel teacher.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Not one question about the officer's condition.... not surprised at all!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I've lost all faith. Who wants to buy a fucking island?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#20]
So this guy just declared "war" on an organization that he admits is better trained.  I don't think he really thought this through ...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#21]
USA is starting to become a dystopian Robocop.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Screen names?
View Quote

There's a cop hating thread going right now where there's a decent chance I found one very akin to the angry young man in the Chief's address.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There's a cop hating thread going right now where there's a decent chance I found one very akin to the angry young man in the Chief's address.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screen names?

Link?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:45:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Link?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Screen names?

Link?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1732967_So__what_does_it_mean_to_imagine_a_world_free_of_police_.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yet, the media/reporters/movies etc keep pretending that the world shown on that video -- where police have to explain to the mob why they had to shoot a felon who just shot an officer in the face -- does not exist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're fucking doomed.

Actually Fox did have something on it this morning. Even they usually ignore stuff like this for the most part. Of course, CNN and such didnt.

Another fun thing was that the black lives matter movement called for.... something, a meeting I guess and it was a "people of color only space", I'll see if I can find the tweet or whatever it was.

ETA--heres a gateway pundit about it. Do we get whites only spaces back now? I'm sure the media would be just as tolerant of that....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/03/no-whites-allowed-at-boston-black-lives-matter-meeting-about-deadly-police-shooting-of-black-criminal/
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#26]
“Y’all don’t have no protocol, any other way?” one young man is heard saying. “You got to shoot somebody?”

Gross interjects: “Did you hear the part where he shot the officer in the face?”

You’re trained for this though,” says the young man.

Absolutely correct.  Its called marksmanship and it sounds like the training worked perfectly.
Seriously? How do you train to get shot in the face?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually Fox did have something on it this morning. Even they usually ignore stuff like this for the most part. Of course, CNN and such didnt.

What was really fun was that the black lives matter movement called for.... something, a meeting I guess and it was a "people of color only space", I'll see if I can find the tweet or whatever it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're fucking doomed.

What was really fun was that the black lives matter movement called for.... something, a meeting I guess and it was a "people of color only space", I'll see if I can find the tweet or whatever it was.

Yeah, those were really hitting the news then.  Along with with discussions of how black communities should be policed by only black cops.

Lucky for me it was treading into the realm of separate but equal discussions, not just in tweets, hashtags but mainstream media.  Even my favorite Urban Nation channel was favoring it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Absolutely correct.  Its called marksmanship and it sounds like the training worked perfectly.
View Quote

I'm kind of confused on that part myself. I'm thinking I would want to skip that segment of training, it just doesn't sound fun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Getting really sick of shitheels who believe murdering cops doesn't justify being shot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So this guy just declared "war" on an organization that he admits is better trained.  I don't think he really thought this through ...
View Quote

If he thought his life through even for a minute, he wouldn't be living a life of poverty in the first place.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#31]
One shooting of a cop with a single dead attacker  in a metro area of something like 4 million people is now a war  or sign of sure collapse? No,it's just a statistic and gnashing teeth about it is akin to liberals flying off the handle about "gun violence". Sorry,bad people do bad things...it's why there is a police department to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
One shooting of a cop with a single dead attacker  in a metro area of something like 4 million people is now a war  or sign of sure collapse? No,it's just a statistic and gnashing teeth about it is akin to liberals flying off the handle about "gun violence". Sorry,bad people do bad things...it's why there is a police department to begin with.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#33]
There is a theoretical benefit to public education. Theoretical.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:55:11 AM EDT
[#35]
You shoot Marshal Dillion and Festus and Miss Kitty are going to hang you and your friends the same day......
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  Going to be a tough summer on urban LEOs..
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

We're fucking doomed.
View Quote
I sure wouldn't want to be a cop in these days.  Even if your one of the good ones, with the media reporting mostly only the bad cop encounters it seems your in a losing public relations race.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm kind of confused on that part myself. I'm thinking I would want to skip that segment of training, it just doesn't sound fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd guess its even less popular than pepper spray and tazing.  "Hey, Sarge.  Nobody, I mean NOBODY showed up up for Face Shooting class.   What do you want me do?"  "Shit, that's 4 consecutive classes with no participation.  Do a survey and find out why its so unpopular." "On it."
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Police officer should have employed techniques of community policing.  Instead of shooting, he should have opened his arms wide for a hug, a universally recognized sign of peace and understanding.  Then, he should have invited the young person into the mobile safe space that lesser officers call a patrol vehicle.  A properly equipped mobile safe space would have had stuffed animals, Play Dough, coloring books and be painted in friendly, soothing colors.  There, the officer should have offered him an EBT card, or a second if he already had one.  He should have offered him a Section 8 house, and utilities assistance so he can keep the heat up in the winter hot enough to grow orchids.  After all, you can always call your case worker to open a window for you if it gets too hot.  Then, he should have offered him a job application, and they could both share the merriment that comes with fantasy.  Then the officer should have offered him an Obamaphone to go with the eleven he already has.  A dozen is a nice, round number.  Then, he should have offered him a college application and scholarship, because all the young people who can't count beyond their shoe size (why would you ever need to?) must waste four years of free education and support.  Of course, let's make sure he has a license and a DemocRat voter card!  Perhaps offer him a workers' compensation claim form for the injury he sustained while wondering what it would be like to get a job.

Nah, fuck him.  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Might rethink posting things like that - T

Chief was remarkably professional as I would have caused a news incident if that fuckwad spoke to me like that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Edit - T

Chief was remarkably professional as I would have caused a news incident if that fuckwad spoke to me like that.
View Quote
And you would've have just have them exactly what they wanted. More fuel.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'd guess its even less popular than pepper spray and tazing.  "Hey, Sarge.  Nobody, I mean NOBODY showed up up for Face Shooting class.   What do you want me do?"  "Shit, that's 4 consecutive classes with no participation.  Do a survey and find out why its so unpopular." "On it."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I almost spit scrambled eggs at the screen -
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm willing to bet they're trained to shoot the absolute fuck out of somebody who shoots an office in the face

Fucking retards
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I am such a visual guy, I'm getting strange looks right now, no one understands my laughter.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I am still cackling at that one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Logic?  How do it work?

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Fuck those guys
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guy probably is not renowned for his judgment and decision-making skills....
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Absurd logic, yes.  But not harmless.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top