Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is right up ARFs alley. ARF101- treat the woman like crap and she'll want the D, at least that's what they tell me on here

Did she happen to get their screen names?
View Quote

There is some truth to that, as I described above.  Most guys are pathetic and try to buy gifts or offer compliments in win a woman's favor.  That never works unless you have lots of $$$$.  So a guy that is different and makes statements that carry some level of risk, stand out as different and confident.  It isn't the "treating them like crap" that sparks some attraction, it is the confidence of the guy doing it.  But for a guy to do that he has to be confident, which is where the some truth comes from.  Plenty of other ways to portray confidence then treating someone poorly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like your daughter did fine. Hope she stays away from those kind of parties parties in the future
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
She told him to FO... or she told him to Fo?

There is a difference.
View Quote

Excellent. They are antonyms.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Why do girls go to bars and expect to find nice guys?  For the most part, that is like looking for a gourmet meal in a dumpster.

Why do girls home in on good-looking guys and then lament that the good-looking guys are only interested in good-looking girls who put out?

Want a nice guy?  Go to where nice guys hang out.  

But do they even know what really makes for a nice guy?  How about:

1.  Good manners.
2.  Intelligent.
3.  Good sense of humor.
4.  Hard working.
5.  Temperate in his actions.
6.  Doesn't see women as primarily sex objects.
7.  Knows how to carry on an intelligent conversation that isn't all "me me me."
8.  Has some culture....knows something about music, art and dance.
9.  Financially and professionally responsible.
10.  And maybe even reasonably good looking.

Don't bitch about guys when you see them essentially the same way they see you.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:31:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm 23.
View Quote

But your from Jersey
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You sure he didn't stick his tongue out, she slapped him, and THEN he called her a bitch and a lesbian as he was leaving?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My daughter and I was chatting this morning.  She was annoyed at a party last night.  Two guys her age were hitting on her.  One was invading her space, being very abrupt (drunkish) so she pushed him back and told him to chill, he called her a bitch and left. The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.

I told her the two were trolling for sex and their words were their bait.
Help a nice girl understand guys a little.  
BTW she told troll #2 to FO.

You sure he didn't stick his tongue out, she slapped him, and THEN he called her a bitch and a lesbian as he was leaving?

Scarface?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I didn't really get into it either,to be honest I wouldn't have had much luck anyway as I was a total bumblefuck when it came to the ladies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell her to stay out of parties. They're human cesspools.

I'd bet you're fun at part..wait nvmd.For real though,young people+booze= not a good place to meet a potential SO.I must be getting old or something,I can't believe I just typed that.

I never did the party phase.

If you wouldn't reproduce with them, don't fuck them. Because if an accident happens, welcome to a minimum of 18 years of an annoying asshole in your life.

Casual sex is great and all, but don't fuck deficient human beings.

I didn't really get into it either,to be honest I wouldn't have had much luck anyway as I was a total bumblefuck when it came to the ladies.

I married at 19 so I have no experience either.  I spent my 20's supporting her father.

She is insecure with her looks, she should be, but it isn't easy being 6'3 for her.

She went to school after highschool and just didn't know what she wanted to do, dropped out after a year and has been working as a software security officer for the Army.  She's going back to school next month to get her computer software engineering degree.  I tell her all the time to focus on her education and herself............but so far she's never listened to my advice.    

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sounds like she handled herself pretty good. Everyone just about has gone out to parties in their youth. Being social and hanging out is a part of life when your young. You just have to have a good grounding in who you are and what you want. There will always be jerks, especially drunk jerks.  Taking your time to get to know someone a little before you let them a little closer is always prudent.

I have three daughters ages 30, 25, and 16. Being a father to three girls can be...trying. Boy's were always a little intimidated to meet me I found out. I was pleased to hear that, a healthy fear of a girl's father is a good thing I believe...lol. I believe if a young lady is confident in who she is and is and well grounded in her beliefs she will do well.
View Quote
Your daughter's are very lucky!  My daughter is a little insecure but she is ambitious, hopefully the later will outweigh the former.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't know, her male friends are sweet boys, most of who were at one point good friends with her best girl friends.  None are ambitious.  As said above finding a suitable boyfriend at a party on Thursday night isn't too likely.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell her to date on of her "friends". I am sure she has friend zoned a few great guys with bright futures that would treat her like a queen.
She is going to wade thru a lot of crap to find a nice guy at a party/bar.

I don't know, her male friends are sweet boys, most of who were at one point good friends with her best girl friends.  None are ambitious.  As said above finding a suitable boyfriend at a party on Thursday night isn't too likely.  

Then honestly she should really take a long, hard look at the male friends she has in her circle. It may be "weird" dating a close friend, but they already know each other and most likely share interests. I'd be willing to bet at least one is interested and either doesn't know how to make an advance without fucking up or isn't confident enough to do it because they fear rejection.

She just has to weigh the risk/reward calculation.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Oh darn, I missed out on traipsing through the forest of penis. What a bummer. I guess I'll stick to my happy monogamy and the awesome man I landed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you wouldn't reproduce with them, don't fuck them. Because if an accident happens, welcome to a minimum of 18 years of an annoying asshole in your life.

They don't have to be deficient, sounds like you missed out... don't worry there is always time to be a courgar or a milf...chasing after younger dudes.

Birthcontrol + condoms + pulling out and swallowing = essentially a fool proof combination(in regards to pregnancy).  STD's clearly a different story although condoms are pretty good for that.

Oh darn, I missed out on traipsing through the forest of penis. What a bummer. I guess I'll stick to my happy monogamy and the awesome man I landed.
I love you.  Are you for adoption?  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#11]
"at a party" Good girls don't go to parties alone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
heres what iv told my daughters.

most peoples biggest mistake with dating, is they do not take enough time to get to know someone.

women are usually emotional when it comes to sex...... men are not. if you want a man to like you, and REALLY care about you. then you need them to spend a lot of time with you....BEFORE you ever give them sex. you have to give a guy time to become emotionally hooked, before you get physical. otherwise, all you will probably get is sex, and the guy will move on to the next girl.

plus guys are pretty stupid when it comes to talking to women.

also...... ( especially as you get older).... do not date anyone who does not have a job.  if they dont have a job, and a car, and are living at home.. those are all warning signs, no matter what the guy tells you. most decent people are working, and trying to make their lives better. you dont need or want a couch potato, with no drive or ambition.  ( if they are going to school, thats obviously a different story. i have just seen too many women dating total deadbeats, and then they complain when they cant pay bills, lose their cars, houses, etc due to dead beats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My daughter and I was chatting this morning.  She was annoyed at a party last night.  Two guys her age were hitting on her.  One was invading her space, being very abrupt (drunkish) so she pushed him back and told him to chill, he called her a bitch and left.  The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.

heres what iv told my daughters.

most peoples biggest mistake with dating, is they do not take enough time to get to know someone.

women are usually emotional when it comes to sex...... men are not. if you want a man to like you, and REALLY care about you. then you need them to spend a lot of time with you....BEFORE you ever give them sex. you have to give a guy time to become emotionally hooked, before you get physical. otherwise, all you will probably get is sex, and the guy will move on to the next girl.

plus guys are pretty stupid when it comes to talking to women.

also...... ( especially as you get older).... do not date anyone who does not have a job.  if they dont have a job, and a car, and are living at home.. those are all warning signs, no matter what the guy tells you. most decent people are working, and trying to make their lives better. you dont need or want a couch potato, with no drive or ambition.  ( if they are going to school, thats obviously a different story. i have just seen too many women dating total deadbeats, and then they complain when they cant pay bills, lose their cars, houses, etc due to dead beats.
I shared this with my daughter.  Thank you!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Doesn't sound like she needs any help.  
View Quote

Concur.  Previous responses define male driving forces.  Good luck in finding a quality guy.

Remember when alcohol is involved, bad things can happen.

Also make sure that she has a way to defend herself against criminal males.  They do exist and she needs to learn that extreme measures may be needed to protect herself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Functionally, it works like this...

Guys will try to say things in order to motivate a specific behavior...

Think:  "you are chicken" in order to motivate someone to do something they are afraid of.

Apply that to insecurities and people will try to get you to prove yourself as being worthy through actions they deem needed to prove that worth...like sex.  

Think:  "you aren't pretty...but you would be prettier if..."  or "I bet you are too shy to..."  or...."I bet you never..."

Its a way to force consent verbally and it is usually combined with a technique known as forced pairing as in saying "we" and making the other person part of your team.  

Finally, the conversation will get the target to take an action that locks them in...seperates them from their exit strategy, and forces them down a path chosen by the agressor and generally controlled through awkwardness and fear of embarressment.  

Guys use that path to get girls.  Its a flat out wrong thing to do...but it works if the person being targeted has low self esteem or fears embarressment.  Lowering the target's self esteem is step 1...

Pathetic that someone would try that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Look

approaching women isn't easy in the first place.  99.99% of the time you get told to fuck off.....so it's a numbers game in all reality, especially at that age where it's about having fun, not finding a forever mate.  You find forever mates by wading through the bunches of people you date once or twice and never go out with again until you find one who fits.  In order to do that, as a man, you have to date a lot of girls, and by association, you have to hit on 1000x more.  

Therefore, in order to approach women, it's best to make it into a game that you as a man enjoy.  There's the reason for the dickish behavior......because they are pretty certain that they aren't going to win.  

Also, coming across sort of cocky does help.  Not always, but sometimes.

Girls get hit on a lot, so they get bitchy because they only want certain guys to hit on them.......but they won't go out and hit on those guys....nope...they have to wait until that guy comes and hits on them.  Therefore, they have to wade through a lot of advances.  

The 2nd guy was probably trying to pass her a hint that if she's a bitch, that behavior is unattractive.  He likely wasn't hitting on her.

And another thing:  not every guy who talks to a female is hitting on her.  I offered to carry a heavy bucket the other day for a female, and I was just trying to be polite.  She STILL gave me the "don't fucking continue to hit on me" look and tone.  So whatever, fuck you bitch, carry that fucking heavy shit and I won't ever ask you if you need help again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Great input everyone, I appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.  Or have her go to a 3 gun match.  I am sure everyone there will act mature if a piece of ass is actually at a gun range
We all have good people skills since we spend 23 hours in mom's basement online and only get out to shoot guns

The answer is easy....have her hang out in a different area with a different crowd
If she hangs out with investment bankers she may find her treatment and their response is a little different then under 25 boys in a house party

Play stupid games win dumb prizes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's not gonna find "nice guys" at a house party.  Drop her off at a D&D tournament and go home with the guy wearing the best stormtrooper costume.

This.  Or have her go to a 3 gun match.  I am sure everyone there will act mature if a piece of ass is actually at a gun range
We all have good people skills since we spend 23 hours in mom's basement online and only get out to shoot guns

The answer is easy....have her hang out in a different area with a different crowd
If she hangs out with investment bankers she may find her treatment and their response is a little different then under 25 boys in a house party

Play stupid games win dumb prizes

Sorry I hit on a girl at the gun range.  And yea I had a 22lr and she was shooting 45acp so hers was bigger then mine.  But good advice at hanging with a crowd that does not like to get drunk and be stupid.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Isn't what number 2 said one of those stupid things mentioned on those dumbass pickup websites?

ETA: They were just looking to get laid. That's what parties are for these days anyway. If they get rejected enough they'll be forced to change their ways but I'm sure some dumbshit will fuck them anyway.
View Quote

These days?

Yeah, trying to get laid is a new thing.  Downfall of society, things are falling apart, etc...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I married at 19 so I have no experience either.  I spent my 20's supporting her father.

She is insecure with her looks, she should be, but it isn't easy being 6'3 for her.

She went to school after highschool and just didn't know what she wanted to do, dropped out after a year and has been working as a software security officer for the Army.  She's going back to school next month to get her computer software engineering degree.  I tell her all the time to focus on her education and herself............but so far she's never listened to my advice.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd bet you're fun at part..wait nvmd.For real though,young people+booze= not a good place to meet a potential SO.I must be getting old or something,I can't believe I just typed that.

Hell no.That's bad juju.ETA..that's a bad way to be,a person should never worry about things they have no control over.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#20]
She needs to find better parties with a classier group of people.

Also, fuck you to the people that say a college degree makes you date able material.

I'm 23
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My daughter and I was chatting this morning.  She was annoyed at a party last night.  Two guys her age were hitting on her.  One was invading her space, being very abrupt (drunkish) so she pushed him back and told him to chill, he called her a bitch and left.  The second guy scoops in and tells her she's an 8  looks wise, but her personality makes her a 7. This was his opening line.

View Quote

I got nothing, but I like her style.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Well younger girls seem to love guys who are assholes, so maybe thats why they figured they could act like that
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#23]
She needs to find a place to meet a better class of men.

I tend to think of parties and bars as places where you meet people who are looking for a quick hook up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm 23 OP. Let me take her on a date and show her
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I never did the party phase.If you wouldn't reproduce with them, don't fuck them. Because if an accident happens, welcome to a minimum of 18 years of an annoying asshole in your life.Casual sex is great and all, but don't fuck deficient human beings.

Hell no.That's bad juju.ETA..that's a bad way to be,a person should never worry about things they have no control over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I never did the party phase.If you wouldn't reproduce with them, don't fuck them. Because if an accident happens, welcome to a minimum of 18 years of an annoying asshole in your life.Casual sex is great and all, but don't fuck deficient human beings.

*That was a typo, she shouldn't be insecure with her looks, she is very pretty, she is just very tall.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

*That was a typo, she shouldn't be insecure with her looks, she is very pretty, she is just very tall.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh..that makes sense.Nothing wrong with being tall,she'll be alright.Sounds like a good kid.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Step 1) Don't go places where douchenozzles like that congregate.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where's the part where meets real men?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Is she insecure about her looks because of her height?

Height doesn't mean much if you found and enjoy being with a good person.

She shouldn't have a complex because of something she cannot control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a tall person I would like to say that many tall girls have this issue... and I can totally understand it from their perspective.

However, us tall guys go NUTS over them... they are like our unicorns in this world.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?  I'd really boost her morale.  I'm also tall.... tall girls are rare... cherish her.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#32]
My advise:  Don't meet guys at parties at any age.  All guys want from you is one thing only.  Focus on YOUR life and forget anything else.  Life is too short to deal with stuff half assed.  I was 23 yesterday, single, educated, and a debt to income ratio at about 17-18%.  I turn 43 in a couple of months, and have a debt to income ratio of... well lets just say that the next $500,000 that I make is already spent.

Tomorrow is much sooner than you think.  Get EXACTLY what you want.  Settle for nothing.  Not with men, jobs, shitty attitudes.  Begin this philosophy now.  Not in the morning; but NOW, THE INSTANT THAT YOU READ THIS.

Believe it or not, you will live without going to parties.  Its hard to be iin a sewer and complain about the smell of shit.  

"Help a nice girl understand guys a little."  In short:  SEX.  They want it. Its not a joke.  Its not a game.  This is what they want and the drive to get it is at the highest in their lives.  They want it as much as a crack head wants his next fix.  Add a little booze to the mix and you can have a real problem.

Just focus on yourself and get set for life...  Youre going to be 50 years old sooner than you think.  Don't settle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#34]
80 to 90% of the guys she is going to meet at these parties are the type of horny desperate guys who are only there to try and get laid. You'd be surprised how desperate they are, I saw the aftermath of a drunk fratboy who jumped through a plate glass window trying to impress a girl. Blood everywhere, the paramedics showed up and carted him off to the hospital pretty quick, so I don't think he scored.

Basically, tell your daughter not to waste time or worry about those guys, there's better out there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
She's not gonna find "nice guys" at a house party.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm gonna need pics to adequately vet douche number twos statement for accuracy and veracity.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Make sure she knows that even when she meets a really nice guy, if he's not an asshole now he'll turn into one in a few years.   No one told my wife that, so she was caught off guard.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:27:14 AM EDT
[#38]

She needs to go after older men.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I told my daughter when she was young that all men are pigs.
When she finds one that isn't she should then decide if he is worth getting to know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely welcome to adopt me
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well younger unhealthy girls seem to love guys who are assholes, so maybe thats why they figured they could act like that
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I were 6'3" I'd spend my days hunting down tall, lanky Norwegian and Swedish men
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm close to her age. I'd tell her not to go to parties, but I'm an anti-social asshole, and married, so they don't appeal to me. Seriously, though, tell her to ignore them and do what makes her happy. Who gives a shit if you piss off some prick at a party?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#44]

She was annoyed at a party last night.
View Quote

She's not going to meet marriage material at a party.  lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
She's not gonna find "nice guys" at a house party.  Drop her off at a D&D tournament and go home with the guy wearing the best stormtrooper costume.
View Quote

That guy is a retard since the only way that a stormtrooper costume would appropriate at a D&D tournament is in some sort of crossover campaign (in which case the DM is the retard).
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some reason I bet you both thrive on Facebook
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For some reason I bet you thrive in punch bowls
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Good for her! They were looking for one thing only.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#49]
go looking for turds and you will find them
you will never find the one by searching for him
just be yourself and things have a way of working out

her being tall is nothing to be insecure about
sure at her age guys are still douchebags and are probably intimidated by her height
they simply dont know how to approach her

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Dude #2 completely failed. Consider herself lucky he didn't use the sweet talk to try and comfort her after the first dipshit.

I'd bet 99% of the dudes at a 'party' are just looking for ass.

She did good. Being a bitch is good, it will make their heads explode.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top