Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Please for the love of God tell me the Palmetto State Armory did not just pull a Cheaper than Dirt.
-SleeperShooter

I wasn't gonna go there....
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Dang it, still says $400. If they fix it I'm in

I even called in to order and the guy I talked to couldn't get the site to work.

WTF?

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I'm done buying from PSA, after that shit. Who raises the price like that in one day?
And I've bought a lot of stuff from them recently, but there are plenty of other places to buy from online.
Screw them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Dang it, still says $400. If they fix it I'm in

I even called in to order and the guy I talked to couldn't get the site to work.

WTF?

That's the excuse my buddy got when he called them up too.... He added it to his cart at 359 and when he went to hit submit on the last page it jumped to 400....
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If only it was an ACOG

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say its related to the crash.  Give them a little bit to see if its corrected and if it stays at $400 then let the hate flow freely
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#7]
This could get interesting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Still at $400.. I was late to the show..

Can't say I'm happy about that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt and say its related to the crash.  Give them a little bit to see if its corrected and if it stays at $400 then let the hate flow freely

Or if those of us who got in at $359 get our orders cancelled due to a pricing error. I seriously doubt that would happen though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or if those of us who got in at $359 get our orders cancelled due to a pricing error. I seriously doubt that would happen though.

I hope you're right, however how many times have we seen that happen before?

-SleeperShooter

ETA: not talking about PSA doing that, just other companies.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please for the love of God tell me the Palmetto State Armory did not just pull a Cheaper than Dirt.
-SleeperShooter

Cancelled my order. Can just as easily spend that money on something else.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well I'm done buying from PSA, after that shit. Who raises the price like that in one day?
And I've bought a lot of stuff from them recently, but there are plenty of other places to buy from online.
Screw them.

Exactly!  At this point their getting as bad as Spikes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Well...it WAS a smoking deal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well...it WAS a smoking deal.

Thanks Bama-Shooter.  ROFL.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#15]
   Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 2:26 PM
   To: shipping

THANK YOU!!!!

I was on the fence about you guys, especially vis a vis ordering a 6.8 upper.

You just saved me almost 500$!

This email will be posted on the ar15.com thread about this sale, visible here:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1320663_.html&page=2&anc=33746982#i33746982

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM, shipping <[email protected]> wrote:

Unfortunately the sale has ended and the price has gone up.

Nicole Kone

Customer Service Manager

Palmetto State Armory

200 Business Park Blvd.

Columbia, SC 29203

(803) 788-9095

Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:56 PM
   To: shipping

Subject: Re: Huge Aimpoint PRO BLOWOUT Sale

The price above says 359.99$ for 4 days - did that sale start 4 days ago?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM, shipping <[email protected]> wrote:

The Aimpoint PRO is available through the link below:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/sights-optics/aimpoint/aimpoint-patrol-rifle-optic.html

Nicole Kone

Customer Service Manager

Palmetto State Armory

200 Business Park Blvd.

Columbia, SC 29203

(803) 788-9095

Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 1:43 PM
   To: [email protected]
   Subject: Re: Huge Aimpoint PRO BLOWOUT Sale

can i order a PRO ? I don't see it on the website?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Palmetto State Armory <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi, just a reminder that you're receiving this email because you have expressed an interest in Palmetto State Armory. Don't forget to add [email protected] to your address book so we'll be sure to land in your inbox!

You may unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive our emails.

Palmetto State Armory

Aimpoint PRO Sale

/snip/
   This email was sent to [email protected] by [email protected] |  

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.

Palmetto State Armory | 200 Business Park Blvd | Columbia | SC | 29203

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-SleeperShooter

Cancelled my order. Can just as easily spend that money on something else.

What is there incentive to do the right thing if we instantly crucify them?

I say give them some time to sort it out before you tear into them.
Edit: Ok, let it flow.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#17]
bushnell trs 1 is still 1/3 the price and works EXACTLY as well

my friend has an aimpoint i was not impressed for the money
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For $26.19 more, you can get a GOOD optic for your rifle.

EO Tech 512 from amazon.com  $385.19 each.

Good at failing
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I was this close to adding the 6.8 upper to my order despite all the warnings I've gotten.

I am HONESTLY happy about this.  probably would have been a huge mistake.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Sooooo are they honoring the $50 less price point?

Shady to have it listed one way in your shopping cart then have the receipt show up as $50 more.

Not good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Now tagging and IBTL!
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Screw them.

Especially considering they sent an email THIS MORNING saying it will be on sale for $360 for 4 days.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:33:09 AM EDT
[#23]
 That is bullshit.  The ad says 4 day sale, it doesn't say limited quantity at $359.  They still have some in stock, so should still be on sale IMHO.  OK Arfcom, they're all yours
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#24]
You know whats funny......

Before it said there was <20 available. Now that the price is $400 I can add 30 of them to my cart.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Before it said there was <20 available. Now that the price is $400 I can add 30 of them to my cart.

It must have been a pricing error or a horribly, horribly conceived marketing thing.  Aimpoint PROs... if you can get them, were $330 from Aimpoint, SHOT Show special.  That doesn't factor in shipping from Aimpoint.

Then factor in the costs of storing the Aimpoints, having employees pack and ship them, and then having employees process the orders.  PSA was probably cutting it close, or losing money on each sale, especially since their quantities were limited: this means they did not have some super quantity discount from Aimpoint.

I'm guessing they offered that price as a marketing thing, much like black friday sales work:  slit your own throat on one item, and hope that the customer is lured into buying another item.  

Wild, idle speculation that is probably 100% fabrication: PSA wanted to hook up customers and develop good will with an insanely low price, but misjudged response.  When they saw that most customers were simply raping them on the PRO and not buying anything else... and blew out their limited stocks, they had to put a stop to the sale.  No point in spending more money with Aimpoint to continue getting pounded in the ass.  However, they can't say that to the customer... the website "crashed" and now the price is "stuck at $400".

LOL.  Tell me, what e-commerce platform makes it hard to change prices? I know some cart systems makes adjusting inventory a pain, some make coupon codes a pain, some make categorization a pain... but NO shopping cart system makes it hard to adjust prices.  Furthermore, if PSA has a server and website that is about as easy to "crash" as a car with no brakes, then i'm actually a talking dog that's typing this from my master's computer.

PSA shoulda just told the truth and been like:  we didnt anticipate this response, and we weren't prepared.  We're out of stock, sorry.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Now tagging and IBTL!

In Before What Lock??  PSA had a price on the PRO, we all started ordering them, someone shut down the site, and when the site came back up it was back to the higher price.  This isn't what I expect from an Industry Partner on ARFCom.  

Shady.  Very Shady.
-Sleeper
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It must have been a pricing error or a horribly, horribly conceived marketing thing.  Aimpoint PROs... if you can get them, were $330 from Aimpoint, SHOT Show special.  That doesn't factor in shipping from Aimpoint.

Then factor in the costs of storing the Aimpoints, having employees pack and ship them, and then having employees process the orders.  PSA was probably cutting it close, or losing money on each sale, especially since their quantities were limited: this means they did not have some super quantity discount from Aimpoint.

I'm guessing they offered that price as a marketing thing, much like black friday sales work:  slit your own throat on one item, and hope that the customer is lured into buying another item.  

Wild, idle speculation that is probably 100% fabrication: PSA wanted to hook up customers and develop good will with an insanely low price, but misjudged response.  When they saw that most customers were simply raping them on the PRO and not buying anything else... and blew out their limited stocks, they had to put a stop to the sale.  No point in spending more money with Aimpoint to continue getting pounded in the ass.  However, they can't say that to the customer... the website "crashed" and now the price is "stuck at $400".

LOL.  Tell me, what e-commerce platform makes it hard to change prices?  I know some cart systems makes adjusting inventory a pain, some make coupon codes a pain, some make categorization a pain... but NO shopping cart system makes it hard to adjust prices.

PSA shoulda just told the truth and been like:  we didnt anticipate this response, and we weren't prepared.  We're out of stock, sorry.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

and people STILL buy from them cause they thing that just cause they can get PSA MP/HP barrels 4$ cheaper than BCM, somehow PSA knows how to put together an upper just as well.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#30]
If they don't correct this they won't be able to take the high ground in the PSA Spikes pissing match threads.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Well that's shitty . I love my pro, I bought mine when they first came out. Seems like a lot of companies in this industry are pulling bullshit moves these days.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:

and people STILL buy from them cause they thing that just cause they can get PSA MP/HP barrels 4$ cheaper than BCM, somehow PSA knows how to put together an upper just as well.

You gotta make money somehow.  PSA's prices are great.  They either have a lot of money back them, and are trying to corner the AR market... or they are finding ways to cut costs somehow.

You can call every single AR parts maker in America and get pricing on large quantities right now.  I got a call for half a million charging handles and shopped it around the bigger names.  Each knocked a buck or two off what joe-blow dealer gets charged.

You can connect the dots, but that's all I have to say on the matter.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Wow! This seems super shady
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They sent that email out just today?  That sure was a quick 4 days.

and the "dishonorable distributor" list increases by 1.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL.  Tell me, what e-commerce platform makes it hard to change prices?  I know some cart systems makes adjusting inventory a pain, some make coupon codes a pain, some make categorization a pain... but NO shopping cart system makes it hard to adjust prices.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6904/capturejqv.jpg

Well thats just fucked up and shady.  I was looking into their rifle kits when i was doing my last build and im glad i passed (especially since the price increase).  Ive never spent one dollar at that company and never will.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#37]
I received the PSA email ad this morning at 8:45AM EST.  It specifically advertises the Aimpoint Pro at $359.99 "4 days only".

If they raise the price to $400 and refuse to honor their own advertising - this is going to get hung around their neck for a long, long, long time (think CTD).

Arfcommers have long memories.
PSA:  We are waiting for you to do the right thing and honor your advertising.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#38]
someone with photoshop skills needs to change the email blast.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now tagging and IBTL!

In Before What Lock??  PSA had a price on the PRO, we all started ordering them, someone shut down the site, and when the site came back up it was back to the higher price.  This isn't what I expect from an Industry Partner on ARFCom.  

Shady.  Very Shady.
-Sleeper

from what i see anyone that pays money to arfcom become an industry partner.. IE spikes , cheaperthandirt, and the newest -87% savings palmetto...
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I wonder if they got in trouble with MAP.

I dont think MAP works that quick, within a couple hours already being contacted ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#41]

it's been shown that they were able to beat everyone's CHF pricing cause of their physical proximity to FN.
steel costs alot to ship, no shipping? less cost.

the rest of their operation could run on volume e.g A&P's model, but you don't last long in a niche market (mil spec buyers or whatever you want to call us) when you go and piss on them like this.

CTD has a much larger market, they can piss on us at will.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You gotta make money somehow.  PSA's prices are great.  They either have a lot of money back them, and are trying to corner the AR market... or they are finding ways to cut costs somehow.

You can call every single AR parts maker in America and get pricing on large quantities right now.  I got a call for half a million charging handles and shopped it around the bigger names.  Each knocked a buck or two off what joe-blow dealer gets charged.

You can connect the dots, but that's all I have to say on the matter.

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#42]
The Facebook post listing them at $360 is still up, along with a comment from them that the sale has ended.

I won't be buying from them in the future, unless they unfuck themselves.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#43]
PSA =/= Palmetto State Armory.  

PSA ==> Pulls Sales Ads
and
PSA ==> Poor Sales Advertising
and
PSA ==> Possibly Screwed ARFCommers
and
PSA ==> Palmetto Sucks Ass

Can't think of anymore right now... but I'm sure that CTD will step in and help 'em out.
-SleeperShooter

ETA:  Fourth PSA acronym.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#44]

what's done is done, if aimpoint wants punitive measures there's no difference.
and this could have been solved by saying out of stock for now and ending the sale.
the morons who cleared the email I was sent said no such thing.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont think MAP works that quick, within a couple hours already being contacted ?

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ezT8S.png

You forgot to add "Sale is for 4 hours, and then we'll cancel your order"
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
PSA =/= Palmetto State Armory.  

PSA ==> Pulls Sales Ads
and
PSA ==> Poor Sales Advertising
and
PSA ==> Possibly Screwed ARFCommers

Can't think of anymore right now... but I'm sure that CTD will step in and help 'em out.
-SleeperShooter

Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#49]
So I thought maybe the website crashing caused this because it hasnt updated stock/sales yet, but everything else in the email is correct on their website.
Link Posted: 5/9/2012 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't really care.  PSA is either going to act like a company with ethics and honor their written advertised pricing - or they will willfully thumb their nose at customers, refuse to honor their advertising and tell us to piss off (accompanied by some lame excuse).

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top