Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread needs to die so I can stop wasting time thinking of ways to justify buying one of these.
View Quote

No kidding.  I'm struggling big time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:46:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread needs to die so I can stop wasting time thinking of ways to justify buying one of these.

You aren't the only one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Just called them.  These are KAC rails, and are not old stock.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I fent
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This pushed me over the edge.  The safe is going to be bulging now

ETA: Thanks for making the call to check for us
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Too good of a deal to pass up, thanks OP.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Dammit. Just when i'm broke as fuck from the divorce, this deal pops up.
View Quote
I hear ya. I'm trying to stay focused and get the last of my cc balances paid off. This site is full of BRD enablers.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome!  Can't wait to get the thing!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Are there  differences on this rifle and the 6940 other than the barrel.? Been lookin hard at a 6940.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#10]
lucky for me I don't have the money right now for this
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And BTW, the ammo deal was $299 for 1,000 rounds shipped.
View Quote

Ah prob target sports. I'd buy a couple cases for 200 :)
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And BTW, the ammo deal was $299 for 1,000 rounds shipped.

That's correct. Good luck with $200 cases of brass ammo.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I gave in and grabbed one, I know I would kick myself for passing on this for $899.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#14]
IBSD

(In Before Salad Days)

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

FO!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Free floated rail, not a drop in. CHF barrel. Better fit, finish and QC, not to mention customer service.

The Colt is a fine rifle. The DD is better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, fantastic deal regardless of the drop in.  If it is the older model with a KAC, then it is a hell of a deal.  Damn it.  I already have a 6920 and am picking up a new DDM4 V11 from my FFL tomorrow.  Must resist.  Must resist.

Quoted:
Old stock?

I thought colt moved away from the KAC rail and came with the magpul back ups now?

Last that I had heard (admittedly, some time ago), they had switched from KAC to Troy rails.

No worries for you. That DDM4 is twice the gun the Colt is.

So because the DDM4 has a different handguard and gas port length, it is "twice the gun" as the Colt?

Free floated rail, not a drop in. CHF barrel. Better fit, finish and QC, not to mention customer service.

The Colt is a fine rifle. The DD is better.

Because a barrel is made through CHF, doesn't make it a better barrel.  Better fit?  All the parts are built to the same tolerances and "fit" exactly the same.  I'll give you the free float rail can be a nice feature, and the finish might be slightly prettier.  That doesn't make it a vastly superior weapon, and customer service doesn't make a gun better either.  I've never had to deal with DD's customer service so can't say how it is, though I've never had a problem with Colt's either.    
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:13:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
IBSD

(In Before Salad Days)

View Quote

Salad Days!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Because a barrel is made through CHF, doesn't make it a better barrel.  Better fit?  All the parts are built to the same tolerances and "fit" exactly the same.  I'll give you the free float rail can be a nice feature, and the finish might be slightly prettier.  That doesn't make it a vastly superior weapon, and customer service doesn't make a gun better either.  I've never had to deal with DD's customer service so can't say how it is, though I've never had a problem with Colt's either.    
View Quote

Hold them side by side. F&F of the DD rifle will be better.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Would you STFU already....this is a thread about a lead on a Colt for a good price....  Stop arguing with yourself and go start the thousandth DD vs. Colt thread of the week over in the AR Discussions section if you want to start a pissing match....
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Sometimes I get hung up on little things...  I was noticing on the label in the ad, that the box was labeled "LE6920SCMRK."  All the other 6920SOCOM rifles I'd seen up to this point showed the LE6920SOCOM designation.  I fully admit that I'm NO EXPERT on these things, but I thought it was noteworthy.

I was starting to get worried, then I noticed that GunBuyer.com was nice enough to explain the model number below the picture, it was just too small for me to see, until I looked REALLY hard!

I also found it interesting that on the box label that Colt is now designating it as M4 CARBINE, SEMI-AUTO (2013 Config.).  I think the box label clarification is a good thing and I'm glad Colt has taken the time to better clarify the product they are selling.  By their updated marking, I'd guess it foretells of possible changes in the model line life cycle?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can you explain to me how the "fit" will be better?  I'm seriously curious to see what you have to say about that.  Sounds like something one of those mickey mouse AR companies would claim that sell guns to "double mil spec".
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I think he was telling it to me. I am really worried about it.

Literally, the fit of the upper and lower is tighter and cleaner on the DD. Just feels more solid. The stray paint marks on the Colt stick out like a sore thumb too.

But, this thread IS about the good deal posted.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't even understand what you guys are talking about at all. Does this have a Knight's rail or not? What the hell is with the box label?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can't even understand what you guys are talking about at all. Does this have a Knight's rail or not? What the hell is with the box label?
View Quote

It's not that hard to understand....  Yes it has the KAC rail.  The box code states 6920 SCMRK  (SCM=Socom / RK=Reed Knight).
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sometimes I get hung up on little things...  I was noticing on the label in the ad, that the box was labeled "LE6920SCMRK."  All the other 6920SOCOM rifles I'd seen up to this point showed the LE6920SOCOM designation.  I fully admit that I'm NO EXPERT on these things, but I thought it was noteworthy.

I was starting to get worried, then I noticed that GunBuyer.com was nice enough to explain the model number below the picture, it was just too small for me to see, until I looked REALLY hard!

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp345/fuatos/BoxlabelLE6920SOMRK_zpsbaa2d0a9.png

I also found it interesting that on the box label that Colt is now designating it as M4 CARBINE, SEMI-AUTO (2013 Config.).  I think the box label clarification is a good thing and I'm glad Colt has taken the time to better clarify the product they are selling.  By their updated marking, I'd guess it foretells of possible changes in the model line life cycle?
View Quote

Thanks for posting that; I was wondering about the SCMRK marking too and didn't notice the little legend.  I used their "live chat" and asked about KAC versus Troy.  The guy (Joe) said KAC.  I also asked if they're still marked M4A1 versus M4 Carbine.  He said they are M4A1 so I pulled the trigger.

I was kind of hesitant because I've never heard of GunBuyer but I'll give them a shot.  Thanks for the heads up OP.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#26]
It really is an insane deal.  Regular 6920s rarely sell for $900 shipped.  They must really have a surplus of them they're trying to blow out to be selling them that low.  You could even take off the knight's rail, if it's not your cup of tea, sell it for around $200 and have a $700 NIB Colt.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, fantastic deal regardless of the drop in.  If it is the older model with a KAC, then it is a hell of a deal.  Damn it.  I already have a 6920 and am picking up a new DDM4 V11 from my FFL tomorrow.  Must resist.  Must resist.
Quoted:

Old stock?

I thought colt moved away from the KAC rail and came with the magpul back ups now?

Last that I had heard (admittedly, some time ago), they had switched from KAC to Troy rails.

Oh good lord

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Literally, the fit of the upper and lower is tighter and cleaner on the DD. Just feels more solid. The stray paint marks on the Colt stick out like a sore thumb too.

View Quote

Oh...you're talking about upper / lower receiver "fit"....  Rock River Arms has the tightest upper / lower receiver fit out of every AR15 company.....guess you better sell your DD and buy a RRA, eh?  

Stray paint marks?    ....not a single part on that rifle is painted!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Websit is fucked, asks for shipping address and not billing address. Pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Kind of strange they don't accept money orders of any kind.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Websit is fucked, asks for shipping address and not billing address. Pain in the ass.
View Quote

It asked me for both
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Can you explain to me how the "fit" will be better?  I'm seriously curious to see what you have to say about that.  Sounds like something one of those mickey mouse AR companies would claim that sell guns to "double mil spec".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better fit and finish is code word for "we don't know the tolerances".

I should not have to use a hammer and punch to field strip a rifle.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#33]
My shits getting kryloned and thrown down the driveway when it comes in.  I can't wait.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It asked me for both
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It asked me for both
Worked good for me, got my order in and got an email.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I placed my order this morning and had my FFL sent over.  Still waiting on shipment confirmation.  Anyone else's shipped?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Kind of strange they don't accept money orders of any kind.
View Quote

Probably have had a lot of orders submitted in the past that they held product for waiting for the check or money order to show up, only to have the customer never follow through.  You can't sell that product for a long time because, as soon as you do, inevitably the customer comes through with payment and wants their product and you better have it available to ship.  If you continue to hold out longer and longer for payment to show up, inevitably it never does.  It happens far more often than not.  I worked in the firearm industry before and dealt with this frustration.  I don't blame them for deciding to avoid transactions entirely that can't be completed immediately like a credit card transaction can.  It sucks for honest and reliable customers, but it's purely business.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I placed my order this morning and had my FFL sent over.  Still waiting on shipment confirmation.  Anyone else's shipped?
View Quote

I'm in the same boat.  Fingers crossed that it ships today, but since they got slammed with orders tomorrow wouldn't surprise me.

And good choice with the Krylon
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh...you're talking about upper / lower receiver "fit"....  Rock River Arms has the tightest upper / lower receiver fit out of every AR15 company.....guess you better sell your DD and buy a RRA, eh?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess the T marks on your rifle are done in white out? That is the paint overspray I was talking about.

Go to the Colt thread and read. It's all there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I fo'ed. Every other firearm website has them listed for roughly $1,200.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I just received an email that my order has shipped.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I have got to unsubscribe from this thread.  This is killing me.  I just picked up a new AR today that I ordered last week....and my wife doesn't even know about this one yet...or the new Super Tricon showing up in the mail.  Damn it.

Salad days.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine should ship tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I picked up a M&P Sport from them a few weeks back for $529 and they were very quick and professional. I'm pretty sure they just had a free shipping promo this past weekend, so they might still be recovering from that. I plan on purchasing from them again and again in the future!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Gunbuyer is g2g ..... Bought my Scar17 from them on gunbroker .... They shipped quick and I called in my payment hassle free
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn, I just bought the  Colt 6720  for $819 shipped which is IMHO a very good deal too. But for $80 more would would definitely gone for the SOCOM.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#46]
unimportant
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Damn, I just bought the  Colt 6720  for $819 shipped which is IMHO a very good deal too. But for $80 more would would definitely gone for the SOCOM.

View Quote

Believe me you made the better decision.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:45:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, thanks to whoever posted this - I just purchased my first AR

Always been an AK guy, and enjoyed this site for a long time, but I figured it was about time to "join the club"

Can't imagine a better deal on a better rifle.

Bumping this thread for anyone else who wants to get in on the action!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I just received an email that my order has shipped.
View Quote

DAMN YOU.  Hoping mine is shipped today...  
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Dammit!!  I just bought an KAC SR-30 this past weekend.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top