BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Germans invaded and occupied his country, rounded up and extinguished many of his countrymen, probably looted his farm's produce, his personal wealth and God knows what else they did.

AND you expect him to have sympathy for one of these invaders?

It is also very likely that if he reported this to the proper authorities his reward would have been another more thorough search of his home and more scrutiny of his family history.

SSS was a very real survival necessity for many in NAZI occupied Europe.

However, the GD uniform fetish is fully erect so don't let me interrupt the online circle jerk.
View Quote
Moral relativism.  Half the people on here would have no problems handing over the forma 4473's when thI cuban paratroopers come into town.
The pilot was dead, the farmer couldn't or didn't want to sell the aircraft for scrap, maybe especially since there was a dead guy in it, so he moved on with his life after living in a country that was occupied by those same military folks for the last five years, plus having to deal with his fellow countrymen who turned collaborators.
Amazing how people get so butt hurt about the most insignificant of things, that have no impact on their lives.
And besides, the pilot may have shot down a couple US bombers.  No grieving here that I have seen so far in this thread for the allied aircrew he may have killed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So did a lot of people in occupied countries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I have a hard time caring about dead Nazis. 
So did a lot of people in occupied countries.
This is how the Czechs handled ethnic Germans after the war:

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Because you served in the German armed forces in WWII does not a Nazi make.
View Quote

Rephrased from "Nazi" to "enemy combatant" and a hasty disposal makes more sense. Young and naieve or not he was still operating a weapon of war against the people where he crashed. Given that the Luftwaffe was known for strafing civilians I'm pretty sure anyone in anything German would fall into a "fuck that guy" category. Were America occupied by an enemy force that'd massacred my family and friends I might feel the same way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
19?  Damn.  Germany was really scraping the bottom of the barrel by that point.
View Quote
About the age of many nations pilots in WWII.  

During the WWII the average age of German paratroopers was 17.

Most of the RAF pilots during the Battle of Britain were about that age.  

Bush 41 was a dive bomber pilot in the Pacific at age 18.  He was the youngest carrier based pilot in the US Navy.  

My wife's uncle was flying P38's at age 19.  As he said. "We were 19, officers, thought of ourselves as tough shit and too young to realize we weren't."
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would think the Germans would take care of bringing him home.
View Quote
They can't afford it for all the money spent on Third World immigrants.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Just put him in an Oven and then flush the ashes down the toilet
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
wait..........I was just 19 in 1971 when I graduated from U.S. Army Flight School!  I don't think of it as though they were scraping the bottom of the barrel.  I did just fine in a very hot shooting war winning 4- Distinguished Flying Crosses and 36- Air Medals.  George H.W. Bush was also a very young naval pilot when he won his first DFC.  Surprisingly 19 y.o.'s are very capable if given the opportunity.

ETA:  Young men like that are strong, have sharp eyesight and fast reactions.  Most of all, they are fearless and bulletproof (somewhat)!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
19?  Damn.  Germany was really scraping the bottom of the barrel by that point.
wait..........I was just 19 in 1971 when I graduated from U.S. Army Flight School!  I don't think of it as though they were scraping the bottom of the barrel.  I did just fine in a very hot shooting war winning 4- Distinguished Flying Crosses and 36- Air Medals.  George H.W. Bush was also a very young naval pilot when he won his first DFC.  Surprisingly 19 y.o.'s are very capable if given the opportunity.

ETA:  Young men like that are strong, have sharp eyesight and fast reactions.  Most of all, they are fearless and bulletproof (somewhat)!
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I still think the farmer whose farm the plane was buried on is an asshole. He buried that plane knowing there was a body in it and never did anything to remove it and largely forgot about it until his son dug it up.
View Quote
I see you have a thing for occupying soldiers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I still think the farmer whose farm the plane was buried on is an asshole. He buried that plane knowing there was a body in it and never did anything to remove it and largely forgot about it until his son dug it up.
View Quote
That farmer probably remembered the German army.  I don't blame him.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He was a damn enemy combatant. The farmer is not a dick for burying him and never speaking about it. Let's be reasonable. At the time, the farmer buried him because he was  In uniform fighting for Nazi Germany; probably on a combat mission killing people.The farmer would have been executed if the Nazis found the plane on his farm.

It's been a lifetime since that plane crashed. It's not wartime. He was found and deserves a respectful military burial.
View Quote
  Thousands upon  thousands German aircraft crashed in France,Belgium,Holland,Denmark and Norway.  Where are the  of accounts of all these people being executed because of where a plane ended up?  
What an utterly absurd claim.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm guessing a C- in world history?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who shot him down?
View Quote
Muslim immigrants, I believe.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
  Thousands upon  thousands German aircraft crashed in France,Belgium,Holland,Denmark and Norway.  Where are the  of accounts of all these people being executed because of where a plane ended up?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was a damn enemy combatant. The farmer is not a dick for burying him and never speaking about it. Let's be reasonable. At the time, the farmer buried him because he was  In uniform fighting for Nazi Germany; probably on a combat mission killing people.The farmer would have been executed if the Nazis found the plane on his farm.

It's been a lifetime since that plane crashed. It's not wartime. He was found and deserves a respectful military burial.
Exactly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

DDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Every guy that fought for the south in the Civil War only did so because he liked whipping black slaves.

Because tard
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#16]
The Germans were responsible for a lot of people not having living heirs. -0- fucks given for a dead Nazi Germany pilot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wow. 19 yo pilot goes down and this is your response?

Do you want to know, how I know you, didn't serve in the Queen's military?
View Quote
Yah, but I'm sure he's "served" a lot of queens! HAWHAW!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:11:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
My bad, I meant to say "letter of appreciation." Nazi Germany was well known for that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
If a pilot from an invading army crashes in my field, the only difference between his response and mine would be that I would build an outhouse over the spot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Meh. You occupy my country, you get buried in a field and forgotten.
View Quote
yup.  it's sad - but war generally sucks anyway.    How many dead civilians & soldiers are still missing from just WWII, tens of thousands? hundreds of thousands? millions?

The farmer was under no obligation to repatriate the remains.   Europe was pretty fucked up after the war, millions homeless, countries destroyed.  One lost pilot buried in a hole on a farm & forgotten, sorry, small potatoes.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Best post in this thread!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much how we feel about canadians all the time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:34:13 AM EDT
[#23]
LOL at the stupidity in this thread
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is how the Czechs handled ethnic Germans after the war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy56AONULn8
View Quote
You mean Germans that were members of the Reich? Collaborators that had been Czechoslovakian until that country was conquered? The losing side?

Yep, payback is a total bitch.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If a pilot from an invading army crashes in my field, the only difference between his response and mine would be that I would build an outhouse over the spot.
View Quote
I can think of a lot worst things that could happen to the body of an enemy pilot that crashes in a field.  Quietly buried on a farm with your plane during a fucking war.  The horror.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Im ok with this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#28]
The political side of me says fuck em.  I can understand the farmer not giving a shit about someone who was part of an army that ravaged Europe.  And while I wouldn't convict just any German soldier of war crimes.  At the end of the day they still sided with asshole nazis.

The human side of me knows that, what choice did a young man, or any man for that matter have during that period?  Able bodied and don't want to fight? Off to the camp or nearest ditch with a bullet in your head ya go.  Coupled with his family never truly knowing what happened to him.  I don't think very many people in this world deserve that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not sure I would call him a Nazi.  19.  He was 13 when the war started.

I doubt he was a guard at a concentration camp, killed Jews or or other inmates.

Probably was pulled from a reserve unit based on education or some aviation experience.

I bet he had minimal flight training.   "Here is how to take off and here is the switch for the guns"

In March 1945 it is a miracle he made it to France without being shot down by Allied fighters.  Hard to believe there was even an intact airfield to takeoff from.
View Quote
He was declared dead in 1945, he could have been listed as missing for years prior to 1945. Could have bailed out and been captured by resistance for all they knew.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Reading is fundamental.  This is why you never take a GD post about an article seriously unless you have read it yourself.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I see the sadly ignorant "He was just a Nazi, who cares" crowd has showed up.

In all likelihood, he was just a young man who was called up against his will and died in service of his country, evil though its actions and ambitions were. As a service member who lost his life in action, I hope he gets the burial he deserves.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Germans invaded and occupied his country, rounded up and extinguished many of his countrymen, probably looted his farm's produce, his personal wealth and God knows what else they did.
View Quote
Will Munny: No, they cut up a woman.
Ned Logan: What?
Will Munny: Yeah, they cut up her face, cut her eyes out, cut her fingers off, cut her tits, everything but her cunty, I suppose.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I think the farmer just didn't want to invite the man into his life.  In an occupied area that probably could end badly.  Also he could have had very good reasons for doing so.  Maybe he had pretty daughters, maybe he was hiding a local Jewish family in his barn, or maybe he was part of the resistance.  Who knows.

As for the young pilot.  I hope they bury him in a military cemetery.  The country does not really matter.  American servicemen are buried all over Europe.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

In all likelihood, he was just a young man who was called up against his will and died in service of his country, evil though its actions and ambitions were. As a service member who lost his life in action, I hope he gets the burial he deserves.
View Quote
How about those poor jihad motherfuckers that died shooting at Americans?  You have anything nice to say about them too?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm reasonably certain those kinds of guys weren't made into pilots.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh he may have, though I doubt it, I met a lot of uninformed and undereducated cunts in her Majesty's Canadian Armed Forces.

I am glad the flier's remains are going to be taken care of, though saddened that he will have no family to visit his final resting place.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Has Spain claimed the gold fillings in his mouth yet?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#39]
The germans are try to repatriate over a million dead from eastern europe.  Most large efforts didnt start till the last 15 years

The guys dead and deserves a proper military funeral
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Seems strange he would have buried the plane instead of selling it for scrap after the war.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Im ok with this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im ok with this.
Sooo edgy. Losers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Nazis were the controlling political party, I doubt the kid had anything to do with the Holocaust
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The average age of RAF pilots during the Battle of Britain was only 20. It was common to be went to a fighter squadron with 200 total flight hours,even fewer later in the war for Germany and many of those would have been on gliders. This is why the Germans said "-there were the aces of aces and everybody else". Everybody else were the tens of thousands from all countries killed in mishaps and shot down in droves. Nobody had the time to train pilots to the extent they are today. The US wasn't faced with imminent invasion so it had the luxury of the best pilots,the Soviets the least so which is why the experten racked up so many kills in the east.

Germany was to the point that had the war gone on even a few months longer that 15-16 year olds trained entirely on gliders would have been sent up in He-162s.
 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/Heinkel_He_162_CASM_2012_5.jpg/1067px-Heinkel_He_162_CASM_2012_5.jpg
 A whole bunch would have been crashed just learning how to actually fly the things and due to tempermental early jet problems etc.
View Quote
You can't say that at 15 you would have not thought flying a jet would have been cool as hell.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top