Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
This seems like a good place to discuss reloading 7.62x25mm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ive always wanted to put a 7.62x39mm projectile in a 7.62x25mm case. Dont know if
Thats really possible buy would look cool.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No....Todd Gardner owns SLR Rifleworks......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, Gardner works for SLR I suppose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3VfWKE1gHg&feature=youtu.be

No....Todd Gardner owns SLR Rifleworks......

well, I guess one can work forthemselves.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I found .308" 90 grain HP projectiles for $0.16 per round.  

Gunwriter can you get your Polish buddies to send us several thousand pieces of once fired brass?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've had one for a while. Mine doesn't run right with any ammo,and I've tried several brands. The factory and distributor is totally non responsive.
View Quote

This, they suck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I found .308" 90 grain HP projectiles for $0.16 per round.  

Gunwriter can you get your Polish buddies to send us several thousand pieces of once fired brass?

View Quote

the question is.........are Berdan primers in this size available........
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't the privi boxer primer?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Isn't the privi boxer primer?
View Quote

yes, and Starline offers boxer primed brass.........but I'm sitting on a goodly sum of Berdan primed ball......
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ive always wanted to put a 7.62x39mm projectile in a 7.62x25mm case. Dont know if
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before .300 Blackout took off there were a few folks experimenting with heavy subsonic bullets in 7.62x25 cases. Mostly in bolt actions and single shots, I don't know if it was ever tried in an AR and the overall length was far too long for a pistol or subgun with mags meant for standard ammunition.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

- Wolf or Tula will market Tokarev ammo at about 60% of the price of AK ammo.
7.62x25mm ammo can not be exported from Russia to the US.....it, like the SVD, is prohibited by agreement........which blows.....

View Quote

Tell me more.  If lead cored AK ammo can be imported, why can't lead cored Tokarev ammo.  Is 7.62x25 ammo is banned by name, could it not be called .30 Mauser (wink, wink) ammo and be sold that way?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought one of the first ones from MGS  (799$)...a build from some shop in decatur,TX.  Fucker blew up in my hand (oob)...they said don't shoot surp ammo in it.  Bought their prescribed S&B ammo...fucker blew up in my hand again.

sent it back to MGS and they gave me the ant eater version...  fucker blew up in my hand.

ended up at weaponsguild and have a remington 870 trigger group and a new bolt with ar-15 firing pin plus the swiss k-31? weight.    STILL have not fired it in about four years.

I bought an upper from cncgunsparts and shoot that now.

recently sold my bulgarian ammo stash at a premium when Herb sold it to me for 5 cents a round nearly.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Before .300 Blackout took off there were a few folks experimenting with heavy subsonic bullets in 7.62x25 cases. Mostly in bolt actions and single shots, I don't know if it was ever tried in an AR and the overall length was far too long for a pistol or subgun with mags meant for standard ammunition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

people were shooting heavy bullets out of the 7.62x25mm ARs by using 5.45x39mm magazines with the bullets loaded very long.
From everything I read, they worked very well. Something I want to try.....
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tell me more.  If lead cored AK ammo can be imported, why can't lead cored Tokarev ammo.  Is 7.62x25 ammo is banned by name, could it not be called .30 Mauser (wink, wink) ammo and be sold that way?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Wolf or Tula will market Tokarev ammo at about 60% of the price of AK ammo.
7.62x25mm ammo can not be exported from Russia to the US.....it, like the SVD, is prohibited by agreement........which blows.....

Yes, its specifically prohibited by name.
If it was that simple, I believe someone would have done it by now........
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top